Chapter 7

The Story of The First Guard

It wasn't long until Jeonghan was brought into the torture sessions, Chan was struggling to not break by this point as Mingyu was the only person to keep him going. No one knew what was going on through Mingyu's head but the others were happy that they left Mingyu alone. Mingyu, despite his tough exterior really cared for everyone.

Chan was lifted out of the water, coughing up water that had managed to get in his lungs from that last dive. "Still not broken yet?" Asked Jae as he looked at Chan. "Screw you," spat Chan as he tried to get his breathing in control. "Back in the water you go then," said Jae as he shoved Chan back into the water. Chan struggled in the water, his limbs flailing everywhere as he tried to come back to the surface. Jae dragged him up after he stopped moving, watching as Chan coughed up more water. "Broken yet?" He asked. "Screw off," sputtered Chan as he started shivering.

"Aw look, he's shaking in fear," said Jae as he dragged Chan out of the tub. "Time to get smooth talker Minhyuk to get you to break then," he said, dragging Chan out of the room.

 

~



Joshua was getting restless, needing to do something to try and find his friends. "Getting restless huh?" Asked N as he walked over. "I just want to find them," said Joshua. "I don't want them to think I forgot about them," he said.

"I'm sure they haven't forgotten about you," said N. "Just bide your time, you'll be able to get to them soon," he said. "Are you so sure about that?" Asked Joshua. "I'm positive," said N.

 

~



"I heard you were the youngest in the guard," said Minhyuk as he sat down in front of Chan. "Must be interesting to be the youngest, to have to try and keep up with the others even though you feel like you can't," he said. Chan hummed, looking at the table in front of him.

"How about some food hm?" Asked Minhyuk as he passed over a plate of food. "You must be hungry," he said. Chan eyed the food, his stomach growling. "Eat, it's okay," said Minhyuk as he smiled softly, reaching over to grab his own plate. "See? You're okay," he said, taking a bite of food. Chan reached over to the spoon on the plate and scooped some food onto it before moving it towards him with his arms shaking.

"Take your time," said Minhyuk. "A boy like you needs to eat," he said. Chan took a bite of food before going to quite literally shovel the food into his mouth. "Ah, poor kid they didn't feed you yet," said Minhyuk as he pushed his own plate to Chan once Chan was done with his own food. Chan took that plate and started eating from it, albeit slower.

"What are you afraid of hm?" Asked Minhyuk. "You can tell me anything, I won't tell the others," he said. Chan paused in his eating and looked up at Minhyuk. "It's okay," said Minhyuk. "You can tell me," he said.

"I'm afraid of losing the others," Chan said after a minute of contemplating what to say. "Are you afraid of them dying or them betraying you?" Asked Minhyuk. "Both, I guess," said Chan. "What about them leaving you behind?" Asked Minhyuk. "I guess I'm scared of them doing that too," mumbled Chan. "Do you think Joshua did that?" Asked Minhyuk.

"What?" Asked Chan. "Why the hell would I think that?" He asked. "Well," said Minhyuk. "You saw what's happening to the others, if Joshua was coming to rescue you he would've done so by now I'm sure," he said. Chan hummed, looking down. "It's alright though, you'll be released soon," said Minhyuk as Wonpil walked into the room.

"Time to go to your cell then," said Wonpil as he went to grab Chan and drag him away. Minhyuk could only watch with a shake of his head.

 

~



Sungcheol spat in Brian's face. "Screw off," he snarled. "Why should I?" Asked Brian as he sent an electrical current through Sungcheol, causing him to cry out. "From Minhyuk's conversation with Dino, it seems he's already broken," he said. "You and Jeonghan however, need to finally break," he said. "Damn you to hell," spat Sungcheol.

"Fine, you wanted to do this the hard way," said Brian as he called for Jae. "Time to finally end things then?" Asked Jae as he walked over with one of his knives. "Strap him to the table, it's time," he said. Brian laughs as he sent a shock through Sungcheol to render him immobile before taking him down and throwing him against the table and strapping one of his arms to it.

Jae came over and lined up one of his fingers. "Oh hell no," spat Sungcheol as he tried to move. "This will be easier on you if you just damn break already," said Jae as he brought the knife down, landing just in front of his pinky finger. "He flinched," Brian said with a snort. "He's more scared than he lets on," he said with a snicker. "He'll have more of a reason to be scared soon," said Jae as he lifted the knife again. "Hold him still," he said. Sungcheol's scream could be heard throughout the bottom part of the house, going unnoticed by N and Joshua who were in the upper level of the house.

 

~



"Kid," came a voice Joshua hadn't heard in weeks. "Kris?" Asked Joshua. "No, it's Santa," Kris said with sarcasm. "Where the hell have you been?" Asked Joshua as he sat up. "I was preoccupied with something, you need to leave the house," said Kris. "I know where the others are being held," he said. Joshua got up and ran to find N, calling for Hoshi.

"In a hurry?" Asked N as Joshua found him with Hoshi. "I need to go, thanks for your hospitality," said Joshua as he bowed. "Oh, you know where your friends are then?" Asked N. "I do," said Joshua. "Alright, stay safe out there," said N. Joshua nodded and left with Hoshi.

N turned and pressed a button. "He's gone, get ready to send an attack," he said. "Got it," came Hongbin's voice.