Epilogue

The Story of The First Guard

As Mark finished telling the story Jungkook was dumbfounded. Was this really what the kingdom he had grown to love had gone through just to get to this point? He still had trouble processing everything.

"And that's what happened," said Mark as he stopped walking, his dog Joshua coming to a stop beside him as he turned to Jungkook. "That's crazy!" Said Jungkook as he stopped, turning to Mark with wide eyes. "So the whole naming your first dog Jeonghan and your second dog Joshua thing, it's because they decided to come back?" He asked. "In a way," said Mark as he shrugged. "I didn't expect it to be them but," he said. "They both have an air of intelligence beyond their years," he said.

"I mean, it happened with Jin and Taehyung didn't it?" Asked Mark as he shrugged. "I didn't expect them to be back so soon," confessed Jungkook. "They wanted to, according to Doyoung," said Mark. "So when their time came they came back," he said. "At least, that's what the orb users say for everyone," he said. "I see," said Jungkook.

"I think you'd be able to see who comes back next," said Mark. "That's right!" Said Jungkook. "I still have Xiumin for a bit," he said. Mark chuckled slightly, scratching the back of his head before he continued walking, with Jungkook and Joshua following after him.

"How did you hear of this story? You told it like Sungjin did basically," said Jungkook. "I heard it from my grandmother," said Mark as he shrugged. "Was she close to the members of that guard?" Asked Jungkook. "Of course," said Mark as he looked up at the clouds.

"Who was she?" Asked Jungkook. "Do you remember how I talked about Joshua having a wife?" Asked Mark. "No way," said Jungkook. Mark laughs. "Yes, my grandmother was Rose," he said. "Sungcheol told her what happened to the others when Joshua wasn't with them," he said. "Just before his death anyway," he added. "Joshua I never saw in person but," he said, shrugging. "Apparently he managed to make it to Ren's birth before his death," he said.

Their walk ended at the familiar cemetery that held the plaque with all the names of the past guard on it, along with Jungkook's group. Mark went to pay his respects, dropping some flowers off and bowing his head in respect. Jungkook stood behind him, waiting his turn with Joshua. Mark moved away after a few minutes, letting Jungkook pay his respects as he walked over to where Rose's gravesite was with his dog.

"It's been a while eh?" Asked Mark. "I already paid my respects to grandfather," he said, bending down and placing a flower in front of the stone. "I wonder, if you ever thought I'd end up like Joshua?" He asked. "Father never visited, but I did," he said. "I guess I am like Joshua in some ways," he said, chuckling slightly before getting up and petting his dog on the head. "I'll be back next year then," he said, nodding before walking back over to where Jungkook was.

"Ready?" Asked Mark. "I guess," hummed Jungkook before he turned to Mark. "You never told me," he said. "Who from Sehun's guard was a part of the guards before you?" He asked. "Ah," said Mark. "Everyone but Sehun," he said, shrugging.

"What?" Asked Jungkook. "Jaehyung is Jae, Younghyun is Brian, Junhyuk was Dowoon's dog, and Dowoon is now Junhyuk's dog, Baekhyun was Aron's wolf, and now Aron is Sehun's wolf," said Mark as he shrugged. "And Tae and Jin have Sungjin and Hoshi right now," he added. "Huh," said Jungkook. "I never thought that most of the guard Sungjin was a part of was back already," he said, earning a chuckle from Mark as he turned to walk away with Jungkook and Joshua following after him.

"Do you know who Jaehyun's family was?" Asked Mark. "No," said Jungkook. "He never told us where he came from," he said. "But when we found him he was an orphan," he said. "At least, that's what Jin said," he added. "I was too young to remember," he said.

"According to what I know Wonpil went into your kingdom," said Mark. "That's true," said Jungkook. "Maybe we should ask Jaehyun when we see him again," he said. Mark nodded.

"Are we really moving on again?" Asked Jungkook. "Do you want to stay in the capitol?" Asked Mark. "I mean," said Jungkook. "Just to see Tae and Jin again," he said. Mark hummed. "They're fine," he said. "Besides, it got Taeyong and Jisoo to move," he said with a snicker. Jungkook chuckled some. "That darn apartment," he said.

"Hey, it was a good apartment," said Mark as he shrugged. "Come on then," he said. "We'll see them before we go," he said. Jungkook nodded. "They're at the training grounds according to Xiumin," he said. "Let's go," said Mark as he started walking in that direction. Jungkook and Joshua followed after him.

"Uncles!" Said Tae and Jin as they spotted Jungkook and Mark entering the palace training grounds. "Hey there Tae, Jin," said Mark. "Hello Tae, Jin," said Jungkook. "How's training going?" He asked. "Great!" Said Tae. "Sungjin and Hoshi joined our group too," he said. "I see," said Jungkook.

"What did you come here for uncles?" Asked Tae. "We came to visit," said Mark. "We were in the capitol for a bit, went to visit the plaque," he said. "I see," said Tae. "Are you going to stay longer this time?" He asked. "Unfortunately not," said Mark as he scratched the back of his head. "We're due to head east for a bit, seeing how things are there, and see Doyoung," he said. "I see," said Tae. "Come for a visit soon okay?" Asked Jin. "Of course," said Mark before he left with Jungkook and Joshua.

"One day we'll settle down," said Mark as they reached the gates after restocking their supplies. Jungkook nodded. "I'm sure we will," he said. "It's just us that have been on the move," he said. Mark hummed in response.

"Ready?" Asked Mark. "No," said Jungkook as he sighed. "But let's go," he said, nodding. Mark chuckled slightly before he started walking, heading east. Jungkook and Joshua followed after him.