Chapter 19: Infinite and QTE's debut

What Will I Do, Kim Sunggyu?

 Myungsoo (L)'s POV:

Infinite debuted successfully. Everyone was happy, except me. I got really busy with the acting and I didn't even say goodbye properly to YooJin. I admit, I hate myself for that. I havn't called or texted YooJin since debut. I kept on thinking back to that time when I saw YooJin in that practise room, all upset. It seems to hurt me more that it hurts her.

On the bright side, Sungyeol got ChoonHee back. She isn't allowed to train, but she's usually given VIP passes to our concerts, so she gets to spend time with Sungyeol.

There has come a point where I get worked up every time my phone rings or vibrates. I always think it's YooJin, finally talking to me. But it's not her. It's never her. She never contacts me anymore.

When Infinite does get to see the trainees at Woollim, we can't talk to them, and they can't talk to us. They're too busy training. Sometimes I see Sunggyu texting YooJin, but he never let's me see his phone.

Staff: Infinite, ready in 30 seconds!

We're at Inkigayo for our comeback, Paradise. I don't even know if YooJin knows that Infinite has a comeback. I don't think she's heard any of our songs, because of me.

YooJin's POV:

*A year later*

I've finally debuted with HyunAe, Hwayoung, Sora and MinHee in a group called QTE (Meaning: Cutie)! Since ChoonHee left, the CEO stuck in 2 other girls, Sora and MinHee to debut with us. It's been a long time, but I've still been depressed about L. He didn't say good bye to me when he was going to debut. Sungyeol did, but L didn't. I didn't bother calling or texting him, I thought that would only bother him. Maybe he's avoiding me? Maybe he forgot about me. I don't know... life is difficult.

QTE has a comeback on Music Bank! We were driven to Music Bank in the morning to have a dress rehearsal. It was nice to talk to and see Rainbow, A-Pink, TeenTop, Super Junior, and F(x). I literally FROZE when I saw a group of familiar faces: Infinite.

I quickly turned around so they wouldn't see me. I tried to avoid them as best as I could, but I failed. Sunggyu saw me, as he called my name. I sighed, and slowly turned around to see my happy brother, smiling proudly at me.

Sunggyu: You really debuted! I'm so happy for you~

YooJin: Yeah...thanks.

I fake smiled, he probably could tell, but he just didn't say anything. ChoonHee appeared out of no where and greeted me. She told me all about her and Sungyeol, and how they got together. I tried to avoid questions like "How are you and L?" or "Are you and L secretly dating?" I tried my best not to think about those things, and yet, not cause scandals. ChoonHee ran over to her "secret" boyfriend. My eyes followed her, then I slowly looked up, making eye contact with L.

I quickly looked away as the Music Bank crew called us to get ready to go on stage. They also called Infinite, because they were right after us. Throughout the whole performance, I couldn't concentrate. I sang my heart out and busted those dance moves, releasing all of my feelings for L. I was expecting to be scolded by our group leader HyunAe, but she praised me for my powerful vocals and dance moves. Everyone in Infinite gave me a high five, except L. The five of us gathered back stage to watch Infinite's performance just because the 4 other girls wanted to watch. I thought I only stayed to watch because I'm supporting my brother, but it really was just an excuse to see L.

The whole performance, I forced my eyes to look at Sunggyu, but they kept drawing back to L. Even after the performance, I watched him come off stage. I was going to follow the other girls back to our dressing room to rest, but someone had grabbed my wrist.