Season 2 Chapter 3

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon still saw the MOU she was holding, there was her and Jessica’s signatures. Her mind wandered somewhere, maybe drifted to a few years ago. Is it true what she saw today. She could hardly believe it. She opened her computer and typed something in a search on the LinkedIn website. Jessica Jung?

Jessica Jung's Overview

Jessica Jung

Jung Sooyeon (Korean name)

Current Financial Manager at Blanc & Eclare

Past Accounting Manager at Robert Half Management Resources

University of Southern California Marshall School of Business

Marlborough School / Jeonju Art High School

So California? Taeyeon said in her mind when she read Jessica's Overview

Taeyeon laid her head casually on the head of the chair and closed her eyes, hoping that something could be lost, something not returned, something buried. Not long ago an incoming call rang from her phone.

" Yes , baby?" Taeyeon said softly when she know who called her.

" OK, I'll call you if I'm going home. Dae, wait for me when you arrive. Bye. " Taeyeon smiled.

Taeyeon opened the drawer under the table. In there a piece of Polaroid that framed. The picture of her and Seolhyun taken at Taeyeon's apartment after New Year's Eve when they were first honest with each other's feelings, the first time their bodies were united, warm and loving. Look happy.

 

" What's wrong?"

" Huh ?" Taeyeon was surprised by the question posed by Seolhyun.

Taeyeon and Seolhyun were at the dinner table, Seolhyun cooked Tteokguk (Korean rice cake soup) and she added mandu (Korean dumplings) to tteokguk. In addition, there is kimchi sent by Taeyeon's mom some time ago as a side dish.

Seolhyun is a girl who rarely cooks. She and her father were rarely at home, neither did eating together. She eats more often outside. Even on work days off, she eats outside. Although sometimes her father makes a simple breakfast, Seolhyun tries to avoid and never at dining table with her father. But after she tried to make peace with her past, and didn't always try to go away from her father, Seolhyun tried to learn cooking little by little. Sometimes her father even helps her cook when they eat together. And the results are not bad. Seolhyun has been able to cook several dishes with the help of some recipe books she bought and also watch several videos about cooking.

" You are very quiet today? Did something happen? "

" Aniii ..."

Seolhyun looked at Taeyeon with a look of disbelief. Seolhyun knows Taeyeon's attitude well, maybe other people won't realize it or don't know, but Seolhyun can feel and know Taeyeon's habits.

" Really. Nothing. I'm just ... tired? ” Taeyeon tried to convince Seolhyun so she wouldn't worry.

" Hmm, ok. Please don't push yourself too much if you are tired. ” Seolhyun rubbed Taeyeon's cheek softly . " BTW what about the signing of the MOU earlier? Isn't it a coincidence that our company is working together for a big event. This time you're not my boss, even we work together. Hehe."

" Dae ." Taeyeon smiled. Taeyeon looked a little doubtfully at Seolhyun. " Hmm, baby. So Jessica is your boss now? ” Taeyeon tried to be relaxed and started talking with Seolhyun again.

" Yes. What do you think about her? I told you before she’s looks cold and she was very strict and disciplined. Just like you."

" Ah, really?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter