Chapter 22

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All night Seolhyun couldn't sleep, what Seolhyun did was lie restlessly on the bed with earphones clogged ears. The only song that comes up from the playlist is Home.

Every tingling tones always manage to make her view blur back. So that in the end, the girl didn't dare to open her eyes. She closed her eyes tightly, feeling the tears drop into her cheeks.

Since childhood, she didn't has a place that she could call home. The place to stay this time is also not home. This is just one stop, a place to search. Until she really comes home.

Seolhyun turned around and hugged her body tightly. With Yonghwa she always dreamed that she would find the meaning of the word. But to be honest she doesn't feel the peace that someone would feel that should stay forever. However, Seolhyun was resigned. Maybe for her, home never really existed. Not everyone have the same luck. She has a nice boyfriend and that is enough.

That should be enough. Until she meet Taeyeon and in deep her heart she understood that she found the right person, with whom she could say, I'm home.

Only with Taeyeon, she could feel the word was right. Reciting the word home with the image of the girl engraved on her mind feels perfect. Her heart understood.

Her tears dripped again. Stubbornly, Seolhyun still closed her eyes tightly. With Taeyeon everything feels right.

When in the end the clock ranged four times, Seolhyun gave up. She was moving from lying position to sit cross-legged on the bed with puffy face, swollen eyes, dizzy head, and cracked dry lips.

A unanimous decision has been choosed. For this reason, at least Seolhyun must be greatful because her for not sleeping had produced one result. She is not sure if there is future between her and Taeyeon. However, she knew for sure, she didn't want to spend all her life with Yonghwa, with a man she never loved.

She doesn't want her life to end like her mother. She doesn't want to be a woman who causes pain in the hearts of husband and children they will have later. This is not fair to all, to Yonghwa, to their childred later, and to herself. Seolhyun tears dripping when remember about her mother. Seolhyun got up, and reached for her phone on the table. With trembling hands and a blur vision because the tears, she typed quickly on her phone.

 

Since stepping throught the glass door, Seolhyun has seen it. The place that they agreed to in Kakaotalk was full of visitors. Seolhyun's gazed locked on Yonghwa's figured. Seolhyun see that Yonghwa doesn't order anything. There is only a cup of coffee in front of him which is left by him.

The man sitting near the window. Yonghwa's gaze looking outside. Looking the pedestrians crossing the sidewalk. People with a suit and hands  carrying a laptop or folds of newspaper. But Seolhyun is sure, Yonghwa doesn't pay attention to all of those.

At lunchtime like now, this area is often passed by many people. Especially office employees who will have lunch.

Seolhyun stepped slowly. Right on Yonghwa's side, Seolhyun stopped. Yonghwa's head turned.

" Hi..." Seolhyun tried to smile. There is a heavy feeling arise in her heart. She could see dark circles in Yonghwa's eyes. His shirt looked a little wrinkled on the chest, not smooth like he used to wear. He is also let go of his tie, and rolled shirt sleeves up to his elbow.

" Hi, sit down, Hyun-ah." Yonghwa replied to Seolhyun's greeting and smile.

" Dae, Kamsahamnida." Seolhyun sit in front of Yonghwa. For a moment they were both silent. Seolhyun looking the menu book on the table. She moved embarrassed when Yonghwa's gaze locked on her.

" What do you want to order?" Yonghwa finally asked.

Seolhyun is confused and and sees Yonghwa. " What about you? Why you haven't ordered?"

" I'm waiting for you."

Seolhyun glaced at the coffee cup that was still full. And maybe it's cold now. Seolhyun's heart in pain. There is no easy to say goodbye. No matter how soft the words are said, there will be a broken heart.

There's really no easy way to break somebody's heart. If it really has to heart, she'd better make it run fast fot both of them.

Seolhyun put back the menu book, and she tried to smile at Yonghwa who had been looking nervous.

" Just order something, Oppa. I'm still full."

Yonghwa shook his head, " I can't eat either, Hyun-ah."

Seolhyun's heart become more painful. She lowered her head, then looking at Yonghwa's face, she was afraid of something that she had decided before from home become blurry and disappear.

" What's wrong, Hyun-ah?" Yonghwa asked nervously. " I know something wrong with you. With us."

Seolhyun held her own hands.

" Why?" Yonghwa asked softly. " Do you want to tell me?"

" Oppa... Umm.. I"

" Dae?"

" You're right." Seolhyun held her own hands tighter. " There is something wrong."

" About us?"

Even though it was said in a calm tone, Seolhyun could feel there was a sense of panic in Yonghwa's voice.

" I can't continue this, Oppa."

" Hyun-ah..." Yonghwa reached out and grabbed Seolhyun's cold hands. " You don't have to take care of anything. I told you, baby. You just come and dress up pretty. I just need you to sit next to me."

" That's exactly..." Seolhyun's voice was weak. " Which i can't do."

" You mean?" Yonghwa's face turned pale. His body suddenly become weak. " What do you mean?"

Seolhyun look at Yonghwa. " Look at me, Oppa." Seolhyun pointed at herself. " Look at me and answer honestly, is this how the girl who will be engaged which should be the most important moment in her life?"

Yonghwa is silent. His hands trembled when he took a cup of coffee and drink it.

" Is this how to be a fiancee looking happy?"

" You..." Yonghwa was nervous asked. " are you not happy, Hyun-ah?"

Seolhyun didn't answer Yonghwa's question. The girl didn't pull her hands when Yonghwa held her hands tighter and stare at her sharply as if Yonghwa was looking for justification in Seolhyun's eyes. Seolhyun just looked down, didn't say anything.

A few minutes passed. Until finally Yonghwa realized what Seolhyun means. He also let go of his hand to Seolhyun.

" It seems like i really lost you." Yonghwa said sadly. " The first time you asked for break up, at that time i had lost you. And even you are willing to come back to me. I should know, even then i never had you. You are there but you are not. You understand what i mean right, Hyun-ah."

" Dae, I undertand."

" I should have guessed." Yonghwa tried to smile even though it was bitter. " I should be able to see that, Hyun-ah."

" Should be."

" Is there other man?" Yonghwa try to asked calm.

Taeyeon' image in the hospital, and how their hands gripped tightly, touched her heart in a way that she had never felt before, even with Yonghwa. Seolhyun's heart back in pain.

" Is there other man, right Hyun-ah? Be honest with me." 

Seolhyun shook her head.

" Then why?" Yonghwa ask confused.

Seolhyun frowned as if she was thinking hard to find teh right answer. " I don't know if you asked me about the reason... maybe, because things happened. I just realized. With you i don't feel like going home yet."

Yonghwa's eyebrow rise up.

Seolhyun couldn't help but smile. " It's look like I'm starting to go crazy."

Yonghwa smirked. " Yeah, happens." He sighed again. " You know i think we are perfect."

" I think so too. Before."

" But you are right. I should know, you are not happy."

" So clearly seen?"

" Two months ago..." Yonghwa sighed. " I feel like i was dating a statue."

Seolhyun is shocked.

" Selfish stone statue that don't have feelings."

" I'm really that bad, huh..."

" Not bad. " Yonghwa grinned, disagreeing. " But you really look unhappy. Because of that, your frustation spilled out. Seems like i was going out with a girl who confines herself to her own world. I don't know you anymore. Your change so drastically that there is almost no side of you still reminds me of Seolhyun that i knew first."

Seolhyun tried to melt the atmosphere. " You should be grateful, right Oppa. I ask break up from you."

" Dae, i should be grateful." Yonghwa exhaled hard. " But why does this still hurt?"

" There is no happy about broke up, Oppa." Now it's Seolhyun turn to hold Yonghwa's hands tighter. " I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter