Chapter 17

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining in Seoul this morning. In her seat, behind the steering wheel, Seolhyun lifted her legs and hugged her knees tightly. As if the cold rain is not enough for her. Seolhyun turn on AC in the car to the maximum. There is a stupid hope with cold temperatures, then the wound in the heart can recover and Seolhyun doesn’t need to feel this incredible pain.

The girl was still in her car until a few minutes passed, she realized when her cell phone alarm ringing. She had to get inside the building. The office slowly begins to kill her because every time she steps her foot there, it feels just hurt.

 

"Hyun-ah ..."

Seolhyun was silent staring forward blankly.

"Baby ..."

The touch of Yonghwa on her shoulder attract Seolhyun's attention. She crosses and stares at her would-be fiance who now looks at her with concern.

That's what the people have been lately on. Yonghwa, her father, Hyejeong, and even Sunny, if by chance they meet in the office hall or the manual steps, considering the finance and leasing divisions are only one floor apart.

However, the person who she was waiting for what look she showed to her, in fact didn’t come. Seolhyun hardly ever saw Taeyeon again. It's strange how great a person's ability to disappear from someone else's life if they really intend to do it.

 

"Dae? You talk to me? " She said confused.

"I said." Yonghwa said with patience. "... what about our souvenirs? Which one do you choose?"

"Yesterday we've seen some," Yonghwa said with a slow intonation. "You said you would think and will tell me tonight. So which one? "

In the food court of the mall, Seolhyun looks confused. She looked at the plate that was still full with food but the glass was empty. A few days she doesn’t want to eat anything just a drink that fills her stomach. She has nice figure. But now the weight is down at an alarming rate.

And now Yonghwa talks about souvenirs. What souvenir ?. Seolhyun can’t even remember that they've chosen a souvenir and she has to make a decision too tonight.

"You're okay right?" Yonghwa looks worried.

Yonghwa's hand touched Seolhyun's forehead.

"No fever." Yonghwa muttered.

"I'm just tired."

"About souvenirs .."

"Oppa. I…"

"Yes?" Yonghwa looked anxiously.

"I can’t."

Seolhyun saw the fear in the eyes of her fiance's to be because her words.

"Not. Not what you think. "

"Then?" Yonghwa asked suspiciously.

"I can’t handle souvenir or other little things about our engagement."

Yonghwa's mouth open but closed again quickly. There was a glimpse of anger that would throw her fiance's, but he didn’t say it.

Seolhyun can guess what word Yonghwa will say but he can’t. "Other little things about our engagement" has left her fiance hurt. Yonghwa is not too hard to read.

"I can’t." Said Seolhyun again.

Yonghwa breathed out. A moment later Yonghwa is able to control his emotions. "Are you so stressed out? I mean being out of leasing. "

Seolhyun shook her head.

"you regret it?"

Seolhyun just stared blankly.

"If you want, I can help you talk to your former boss and say you're sorry you've asked to leave. If you want to go back and ... "

"Don’t!"

It was sharp and shock word.

"I mean, no Oppa. You don’t have to" Her speech this time is more calm.

"That's what you want. Working in leasing. "

Yonghwa's words wrong but Seolhyun can’t deny it. But Seolhyun knows that keeping her immersed in this baseless frustration is just one name.

"Never mind, Oppa. Let’s go home."

 

Seolhyun crossed out another date on the calendar. A date where she feels a day like the world is end for her. A date where she still misses the same figure. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter