Chapter 18

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You were at home earlier lately, Seolhyun-ah."

In front of her closed door, the girl stopped. She didn’t open the closed door when she heard her father's voice behind her body.

Seolhyun turned. Her father standing behind her. The girl raised her eyebrows and spontaneous eyes looked at the clock on the wall.

"Yes." Her father smiled. "It's only seven thirty and Appa already at home."

Seolhyun smiled politely. She actually wanted to step into her room immediately. But somehow her legs don’t want to compromise. The atmosphere between them was awkward.

"But Appa is also surprised at you. I mean, you already at home in this hour. Yes, actually Appa is not complaining. Even Appa should be happy with your change."

Seolhyun cleared , "what is it Appa?"

Her father motioned them to sit for a while on the couch. Seolhyun wanted to deny her father's request, but she didn’t have the heart to refuse her father's request again. And Seolhyun followed what her father wanted, she sat on the couch.

"Is there a problem, Hyun-ah?" Asked her father when the first minute they sat together on the couch. Her father realized that Seolhyun wouldn’t start a conversation, and eventually her father took the initiative to ask.

"Appa watching your getting moody." Said her father with an investigative look. "like Appa said before, Appa should happy if you home early and regular than before. But it is not. Like something's wrong here, Hyun-ah. "

Seolhyun's neck seemed choked at her father's words.

"At least you used to look more cheerful. More alive. But now ... " his forehead furrowed. "You go home early but like you didn’t come home. Appa didn’t much see you. And every time Appa sees you, the dark circle and the pockets of your eyes seem to add thicker. "

The girl automatically the skin under her eyes and sighed. She had to admit what her father said wasn’t wrong.

" Do you have problem with Yonghwa?" Asked his father.

Seolhyun just shook her head.

" Really ?" His father again asked an investigating question.

Yonghwa doesn’t make trouble anymore. He has now turned into a good man.

" So ?"

That's it can’t be prevented, Seolhyun stood up, " Appa, Seolhyun will take a bath, Seolhyun is very tired, just came home from office. " Said again. Seolhyun didn’t intend to be not polite to her father. She just feels very tired.

The old man watched the departure of his only daughter with a sad look. And then he took a deep breath.

 

Seolhyun's eyes watched the only remaining memories she still had. Sweet memories that are now clasped in her hands.

One of memories she wouldn’t be able to forget, a polaroid photo. Two figures of girls laughing freely. The cushions are scattered about. A thin blanket covering the body. Soft carpet and bottles of soda were there too.

Seolhyun's eyes closed. For a moment she seemed to be floating into an apartment still remembered clearly in her mind.

In fact she can still smell clearly the perfume worn by Taeyeon that night. The soft fragrance floats in the cool room by the air conditioner. The scents of lavender therapy that in the air. The soft carpet. Their griping fingers and their hugging bodies without clothes under the blanket until morning.

A water dripped in the corner of the eye. As if it had just happened yesterday, but at the same time it seemed already millions of hours ago, Seolhyun could still feel the smooth skin Taeyeon hugged her body tightly.

She missed the girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter