Chapter 19

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daily bank report. Input data for monthly cash statement. Examine the purchase program, and match it with the supplier's debt payment data.

Seolhyun yawned. The tea in the cup was gone. Now her eyes are really hard to open. Seolhyun ducked down to type on the keyboard again. She was thinking about coffee.

But her mind was far away about her conversation with her father this morning.

 

"Appa wants you to be honest."

Seolhyun opened her eyes, swallowed hard and tried to make a sound, and finally she answered in an almost inaudible tone.

" Not important, Appa."

" That's important, Seolhyun-ah."

"It makes no difference. Seolhyun's way of life is fated. Seolhyun already promised to Yonghwa. Seolhyun has an obligation to marry him, and may have children. That's right, dreamed by all the parents for their daughters? It was what Appa want it right? "

"Appa just wants you to be happy, Seolhyun-ah."

Seolhyun looked up in disbelief.

"What you said wasn’t wrong. That's what Appa wants, and that's probably what every parent wants. But Appa would rather you to be happy, Seolhyun-ah. More than anything else. "

No sound came out of Seolhyun's lips.

"You are an adult and have a life of your own. Sometimes Appa feels you're going away, leaving Appa like Appa left you first. "

Seolhyun's tears began to flood. She tried to ward off the clouds in her eyes.

"Appa can’t blame you. You know what they said? People reap what they sow. That morning, when Appa ask you to eat Pizza together, you remember? When the snow falls and you doubt whether you can go to the office or not, remember the snow will probably meet Seoul. "

Seolhyun's mind floated on the incident. The time when she wasn’t close to Taeyeon yet.

"You declined the invitation. You know, at that time Appa understood, almost greeted to grab your heart. It's probably too late now to fix our awkward relationship. But at least, there's still one thing Appa can do. "

"Keep you happy."

Her father said softly and wiped his daughter's hair. Seolhyun didn’t want to run this time, her body a little closer.

"Appa has long ago understood that sometimes life leads you in the unexpected direction. And not all the scenery presented is fun." Her father said quietly.

"But for a long time too Appa learned to believe, it is best to accept whatever life offers us, and to keep our most dear ones happy. Even if it means to let them go, or to let them choose a path you might not have chosen yourself. "

"Do what makes you happy, Seolhyun-ah." Her father her hair again gently. "Appa will try to understand and not judge you."

Tears slid down. Seolhyun erases it quickly. Tiffany's shadow passed by. Yonghwa's face will definitely look down sadly. The promise she'd made in the chemistry lab years ago. What Hyejeong say yesterday in the restaurant.

"Please don’t worry."

Her father looked at her daughter.

"Seolhyun will not break the promise. Seolhyun will still be engaged to Yonghwa. "

 

The phone on her desk rang. Now her mind came back. The ringing hasn’t stopped, the ringing comes from an internal call in their office as well.

" Dae ?" Seolhyun picked up the phone.

"Hyun-ah?" Sunny's voice.

Seolhyun's heart was pounding. It's not unusual for Sunny to call her at busy hour like this.

" Dae , Unnie?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter