chapter 16

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Forget her."

At Starbucks, Hyejeong stared cold.

"Your phase will pass. Done. Finito. Now get her out of your mind. Think more important. Think about Yonghwa. Think about ... " Hyejeong paused and said again more firmly. " Think of your future together."

Seolhyun sighed and stared morosely.

" Actually, Hyejeong-ah." Interrupted her friend's words. "Is already finished."

" You mean ?"

" It's done." Seolhyun nodded weakly. " Finished. There's nothing left between me and Taeyeon. "

" what ever happened between you two?" Asked Hyejeong suspiciously. " Don’t you just have a crush on her?"

Again Seolhyun's mind floated on that happy moment. Like being in a dream, as unreal. Seolhyun breathed out sadly and drank orange juice through a straw. Fresh acid from the drink also restored her consciousness.

" Ehhmm ..."

" What are you doing with her?" Hyejeong asked. Her friend's brow furrowed deeper.

Seolhyun cleared . The story she wants to share with Hyejeong is on the tongue.

" We didn’t do anything. "

" Are you serious?"

Seolhyun nods a fool.

Hyejeong looks desperate, " ok. If you don’t want to tell me. It’s your choice. Though I assume you've had to do something with her. I mean if there's nothing, why would you say that happened between you already over. " Hyejeong said seriously.

Seolhyun decided to lock tightly. Hyejeong can be awful and annoying when it's serious like this.

Hyejeong feels frustrated. Sometimes facing Seolhyun takes extra patience.

" As you say, I believe, whatever happens is over."

Seolhyun is silent.

" finished means over. You no longer think about it. It doesn’t make you nervous again. "

" Hm ."

" That's my dictionary about the meaning of the finished word. And let's just say our conversation at Starbucks is your closure to you and her even I'm sure it can’t be said seriously. We agreed ok? "

Seolhyun stared blankly. To nod her head she can’t do it.

"Seolhyun-ah ?, " Hyejeong urged. " We agreed ok?" She repeated forcing. " This is finished ok, Seolhyun-ah? When we get out of that door, Taeyeon will be forgotten from your mind. And that means you will focus on your engagement with Yonghwa. Okay?"

Without waiting for Seolhyun's response, Hyejeong wakes up from her seat. It was as if she was eager to get to the closure she had mentioned earlier.

Seolhyun rises to follow with a blank heart.

They walked out the front door of the cafe, toward the parking lot that was in the open area. The sky on the western horizon is pale orange. There is a gray cloud hanging and hiding half a golden sphere ready to set.

" We're through that door. That is, it's done. " Hyejeong muttered. She threw another warning glare at Seolhyun.

Seolhyun looked down, still unable to answer. But the answer is no longer necessary considering this condition is as surely as the sun will set soon.

 

" What? " Sunny was surprised.

Seolhyun rubbed her forehead and nodded, "sorry."

Seolhyun saw the plant on her desk. The plant Sunny give to her. Seolhyun felt there was a similarity between her and the plant. The sense of being trapped and being in a place that is not your habitat is very torturous.

" My decision is final, Sunny unnie."

" But ..." Sunny frowned and leaned back in her chair. " But why?"

Seolhyun just shook her head. The girl sat blankly staring at the computer.

" Maybe this is wrong. But I'm settled with my decision, Sunny Unnie. This is not my place. "

Sunny shook her head in despair. " Because of Taeyeon?" She asked. Then without waiting for Seolhyun's reply she spoke again , " never mind, don’t answer. I shouldn’t asked. "

Seolhyun believes she can’t help but cry if Sunny asks again and she has to answer it, " I told Yunho Oppa yesterday. He said he would talk to my current boss. "

" Your current boss ? is that Taeyeon ?. How her react? Does she agree? "

Seolhyun shrugged, "I haven’t talked to Ms. Taeyeon again. But I think she'll agree? "

" Are you sure?"

Seolhyun wiped her eyes. Taeyeon's shadow, always away from her, flashed before her eyes. She nodded, " I'm sure."

" Then, when did your decision out of here be officially released?"

"As soon as possible. I should be getting an e-mail from HRD about this. Also from Yunho Oppa. When all is done and get approval from Ms. Taeyeon. "<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter