Chapter 1

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun leaned her head against both hands. Above the chair, bounded by a round table, Hyejeong watched her.

Seolhyun sees that the look is startled towards her, there is no sense of judgment or disgust there. She took a deep breath and breathed it slowly. It feels like telling Hyejeong, though reckless, is just right.

Hyejeong indeed touching a cup of hot chocolate in front of her. Seolhyun had memorized, spinning stuff that was nearby was her friend's habit when she was nervous. Herself, surprisingly, can appear calm. Quite calm. Although frankly Seolhyun no longer know what is the definition of calm. And she ever had felt the calm again for the past three months.

"How can?" Hyejeong's voice broke her reverie.

Seolhyun looked up and responded briefly, "I don’t know."

Hyejeong's eyes sees Seolhyun confidently, "only phase."

"What phase?" Seolhyun stared at Hyejeong with a questioned face.

"You might be just amazed with her. You work with her anyway, and .. "Hyejeong's voice disappears when Seolhyun's head sees her head sharply.

"That's impossible," denies Seolhyun firmly. "It's not like that, you know I'm not that weak and stupid."

"So what?"

"The point is not the phase." She said firmly.

"But you just finished a project with her. Just finished working together. She's your mentor, and .. "

"Hyejeong, I work with women not once. I've even had a woman mentor several times. "

Hyejeong was nervous about her friend's words. Seolhyun also avoided Hyejeong's gaze that still exudes a deep shock.

"Then why this one can be different ?. Or maybe you just wowed. "

Hyejeong also tried to guess and analyze the behavior of Seolhyun. Hyejeong is like a psychiatrist now. Seolhyun has always never liked other people trying to analyze her behavior.

"Or maybe you think she's smart and good. and yes .. "

Seolhyun had run out of patience with what Hyejeong said, then leaned her head on the couch and then closed her eyes. Seeing her friend like that, Hyejeong drew breath and tried not hesitate to ask to Seolhyun.

"Umm, btw, you..umm have you ever .." Her voice sounds not sure.

Seolhyun opened her eyes, looked at her friend coldly. "I never feel this to you, if that's what you want to ask."

"Sorry" Hyejeong also feel bad for her remarks earlier.

"Don’t be." Seolhyun shook her head. "It's really bad, no wonder if you're suspicious of what I've ever been, yeah. With you."

"Listen to me .." Hyejeong said as she looked softly toward her friend. "You're not like that. This is indeed phase. But this is not your fault. "

"Ok." She said. Like she cares.

"This. Is. Just. a phase." Hyejeong also emphasizes what she was saying is like who is eager to convince an opinion.

Seolhyun is silent.

"This is not real. This is a season. It will pass. "

Seolhyun still silent like a statue.

"You heard that right, Hyun-ah"

"I heard it, it's just .."

"No." Hyejeong shook her head sharply. "Still no."

"You have to listen to what I say. Instead of you bothering to think of something wrong like this, you better think about your engagement. "

Seolhyun's eyes flickered. As a tap opened her consciousness, she remembered a simple fact.

The engagement plan.

She and Yonghwa.

 

 

Three months before

This room is medium size, like a school classroom. At the front, near the blackboard, different from yesterday. Yesterday is empty, this time lined seats each filled one by one. Most of them nervous. All hold the same folder.

At the back of the room are chairs and tables arranged neatly. Each seat is filled by one worker with bright eyes and full of optimism about the bright future of a career. They are all second generation ODP (Organizational Development Program) employees. The program, which has been held twice by property developers last month, is one of the top five companies in Asia by Forbes magazine.

"Kim Seolhyun."

Seolhyun who had looked at the people in front of her will be the mentor was startled when her name was called.

"You will be under the guidance of Ms. Taeyeon," a man in a white shirt with glasses and wearing a name tag that read Jung Yunho and there is a logo of the company where he works now also issue an announcement."She will be your mentor for the next six months."

Seolhyun held her breath, turning her attention to the woman called Taeyeon. She had been guessing who she was. And now that she knew it, her heart seemed to slump down to her feet.

That seemed her was a woman with short blond hair, look fashion

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter