Chapter 9

Destiny

November 2009
“The plan is you will have Asia tour starts from December. Along with that is promotion in Japan and personal schedule, for detail in the cue sheet” – the CEO gives everyone 1 sheet each while talking:
“Taeng will prepare for single solo released, Yoon will have a drama as supporting role, others will participate in variety show. In addition, we will start prepare for full album aims for the beginning of 2010 so please pay attention to it too. Ah and for the end year ceremonies, Wannabe has to attend too, there will be some collaboration with junior group, therefore, take your time to rest for 3 days before beginning again. It’s end. Do you have any claim?”
“Busy is good, but can we reduce some performances such as collaboration, we are too tired these days, and it will take a lot of time. We will have many chances to do it later, won’t we?”
“No, you have to do this. Collaboration and performing at events is a must because now is the suitable time, to promote yourselves and our juniors. You understand that right? Expand recognition and helping to develop new generation. I will try to consider and adjust for all of you, so just believe me, ok?”
“But” – “Yes, I know. Thank you! Can we talk later sir?” “Huyng?” “We will talk later Yoon” “Ok, I will go now, thanks for listening. Taeng, come to my office now”.
The two walking out of the room, leaving the remaining members behind. They sit still inside the room, keep silent for a while. Looking at each others, they can get what others thinking somehow. Some gets angry, some feels powerless, some just tired. Nowadays they keeps working for at least more than 10 hours a day, running back and forth, practicing, participating in special projects and a lot more. Some even have to do things they don’t like other than a singer, just like what the Company said. They even don’t have right to oppose. Even ask for sometime to rest is too luxurious for them now. To preparing for upcoming concert, they need to reduce other schedule but it never happens anyway.
“I don’t know we are singer or slaves now”
“Don’t say thing like that, we will try to find ways somehow. Now just order some food. I need to recharge my energy”

Inside CEO office
“I know Wannabe has done a lot of amazing things. We are proud of you. That’s why we need to develop based on your strengths right? We all have strategy, so don’t worry and talk to your members, tell them to do what we said, we will make you become no 1, I promise”
“You know all of us just want one thing: becomes singers. It’s true that it’d be great to become on top, but you need to give us personal space, we need to breathe, cause we are human. You can’t force things like this”
“So that means you are disagree? Remember we can support you means we can destroy you, our dear Kim Taeng”
“Kim Young Min shi, are you threatening me? So I think we don’t have anything to discuss now. I will talk to our teacher later”
“Mr Lee is busy now. His wife is not feeling well you know. Unless you want to make her “go” as fast as possible”
“You……”
With his two fists clenched hard, Kim Taeng tries to remain calm as much as possible. Even though he doesn’t want to admit, that’s the truth. Almost immediately, he walks out of that office with the loud slamming on the door behind. “Tell managers to follow them closely and make sure they do what we said” – “Yes sir, you don’t have to worry”

Kim Taeng walks away with his mind is confused. Unintentionally, he reaches to the building roof. For now, he can do nothing to change this, Wannabe is great but not powerful enough, at least compared to their company. Knowing clearly that they are playing with fire, but he needs to try his best for once. Even though he lost completely. “What should I do?”

After a while, Taeng returns to the practice room, seeing all s here. Yul and Yoon just lying and listening to music using their earphones. Sun and Soo are eating at the corner as if nothing happened. Just when he doesn’t know how to start conversation, Lee Sun saw and called him over:” Comes here, the food is very delicious. Nowadays, you are really thin, you know?”
“Oh, oh okay”
The day ended with none of them talk about that incident with their CEO again. When they reach their dorm, Taeng is the last person come in and shut the door. As soon as they begin to move to their own room, they heard their leader mumbling behind “I’m sorry” “This is not your faults, why do you have to say sorry? Instead please prepare to rest fully for the next 3 days, if you are sick, we are not going to make it, understand?” “It will be better soon. Yul huyng is right. It’s just that I am be a little sensitive today, but in brighter side, we are going to be more successful, and it’s good. As long as we stand together, I am ok” – The youngest ends his statement with a smile. A wide smile that sets everybody’s mind at rest.
“Ah I need to buy something for my parents, it’s been a long time I haven’t gone home. Do you all want to go over and play with me?”
“No no no. I will go home too. Oh almost forgot to buy something for dad and my older sister”
“Do you want to go with me Yoong? I need to buy gifts too”
“Ok Yul huyng” “Taeng, what would you do? Return to JeonJu?”
“Oh, I’m thinking. Maybe I will go after meeting Soha for a while. Her birthday is coming soon you know”
“Oh wish that I have a girlfriend too, so lonely” – Soo said, bonus with a playful smile. He gets closer to Sun beside too to get some support but unfortunately, he just received a cold respond from his best friend. “If you don’t make faces and actions like this, at least you will not be rejected from girls around” “Ah, you are so mean to me” “I’m just telling the truth” Just right when he wants to say more, his phone is ringing. He hesitates for a second before replying while moving to balcony outside. Other members also spread out to focus on their own things.

“Yes, I’m listening”

“Your dad is sick, he wants to see you. Can you come home tomorrow?”

“I’m not sure about that. Where is Jun?”

“He is at home. But he and you are different. How long will you be like this? Nothing can change your mind even a bit?”

“I understand. I will consider it later. Goodbye and take care mother”

Enjoy the wind blows, Lee Sun starts wondering how long he had not met his parents. He wants to meet them, but doesn’t know how to act when being at home, he can’t bear that atmosphere and the flashbacks in his memories. “It’d be better if I can get out of this”

“Do you want to talk?” – Sun turns his head to see his roommate, Kim Taeng stands behind. He holds two coffee cup in his hands and give one to him “Thanks, I’m ok. I think yours is more serious” “Hahaha, we both have serious problems, but in different fields. The only thing I can said as your friend is whatever things happened in the past is the past, family is the most important, don’t destroy it”.

“Uhm, I know. You too, don’t blame yourself for things happened to others. So, do you buy birthday gifts for your girlfriend yet?”

“No, but I think I can buy later. She said she would be very busy for at least a week and we couldn’t meet even for a while though”

“Can I ask one thing?” Lee Sun continues when receiving a nod from person beside “Do you see something strange from her? Do you not have suspicion about her relationships these days?”

Getting a bit surprises while hearing this, Taeng still replies truthfully:”It’d be a lie if I say I don’t. But I will not believe until I see it or she tells me directly. That’s the only thing I can do for our relationship while being a celebrity. We promised before so I think it is the right thing to do”

 

Kim Taeng chooses his path and remaining to be consistent, meanwhile, somewhere else in Seoul, one person also makes decision, leading to different path for future.