Chapter 22

Destiny

October 5th 2015, 11:30 am, the days when the press conference of Yoon’s mother was held

Inside Dae Han group building, mr Im and Ji Won just finished the meeting about their new project in China. After they came back to their office, the secretary come in hurriedly: “Mr president, ms Im, something happened this morning. Because you two were in the important meeting, I’m sorry that I can’t tell you on time” – The secretary lowered his head, showing his apology.

“What happened?” – Ji Won asked calmly while mr Im kept silent, waiting for the other response.

“It’s related to a the young master. This morning, mrs Kang Hyun Ji held a press conference to talk about what happened these days. She even confirmed that the fight yesterday was true, so the situation is very worse since the public started to attack the young master afterward” – The Secretary kept his head low, talking with a normal speed and low voice.

“What? What exactly did she say?” – mr Im immediately asked loudly, being quite angry about what he just heard. The secretary then gives them the tablet in order to show the video of the press conference earlier. Right when the video ends, mr Im throws the tablet angrily and stands up, raising his voice: “Mr Ahn, sending some people to follow her and her son, and finding out if some one is behind this, right now. I don’t think they can do it all by themselves”

“Yes, sir” – Secretary Ahn immediately gets out after receiving mr Im’s order, leaving two people inside the room.

“Don’t be too angry, uncle. We will know it soon if someone did it on purpose. We will consider what’s the best to do after that” – Ji Won tried to comfort her uncle since she knows his health is not good.

“Ji Won ah, how can I not be angry? Even if she doesn’t like him, she is still his mother, I don’t understand why she has to destroy him like that?” – Mr Im was still angry, he talked while breathing out heavily.

“Maybe she has some personal reasons or it might be just unintentional? I am not sure either, but being angry also doesn’t help to solve it. We need to be patient” – Ji Won gave her uncle some water, talking slowly to help him to calm down.

“More than that, I am more worried about Yoong, he must be hurt a lot now. Although he doesn’t express his feelings, I knows he always hopes that his mother still cares for him, like normal mother in this world. He even donated to save her several days ago and now she did that. Sometimes, I really wonder why a lot of bad things have to happen to my son continuously” – Mr Im sighed, resting his head on the sofa and closing his eyes.

“You should go home early, uncle. I will go to check if Yoon is okay and take him home” – Seeing her uncle let out a long sigh, Ji Won can’t help but being sad. She then recommended him to go home first to make sure that he would be okay.

“Okay, I rely on you. Call me if something happens”

“Yes, uncle”

 

After mr Im agreed, Ji Won gets up to go outside and tells the secretary to call the driver to take mr Im home. Then she pulls out her phone, calling Yoong. He doesn’t pick up, so she calls Irene instead, then just goes straight to his dorm and is welcomed by s. He has locked himself inside his room, so she uses the backup key given by s to open it since he doesn’t respond to her knocking. She steps inside, finding him sitting in the bed, leaning on the wall in the weak light:

“Yoong?”

He only replied after a minute: “Noona, you don’t have to come here. I am fine. I just want to be alone, that’s all”

“You’re lying. Your members told me that you hurt yourself and didn’t say anything for hours, how can that be okay? You are making us worry” – She nagged, going to sit in front of him.

“I just don’t know how to react, that’s why I didn’t say anything” – His voice was both low and tiring.

Seeing his right hands is bound cursorily, Ji Won talks out: “Even though it is a small wound, it still needs proper treatment. Let’s go home now, your dad is very worried about you”

“He knew? I caused troubles once again. What a bad son I am!” – Yoon just titled his head a bit, then returning to be the same as a minute ago.

“Stop talking nonsense. Stand up, you have to go home. What if your father is sick because of you?” – Ji Won stood up first before ordering him to get up.

He finally moves his body a bit after hearing her words. He looks up at her for a while before standing up, grabbing a few things and going out with her. He did everything slowly and soullessly, without saying a word. Before walking out with Ji Won, when seeing s who are waiting outside his room, he just told them not to be worried since he will only go home for some days in order to think carefully again.

Yoon immediately closes his eyes and continues to keep silent after getting in the car. Arriving at home, Yoon goes straight to his room after greeting his dad and finding he is fine. He is too tired and needs to be alone before talking properly to his father. He takes some medicine including sleeping pills and soon goes to sleep.

The next day, October 6th, 8 am

Yoon wakes up, looking at the clock beside his bed. He changes his clothes before going down stairs, seeing his dad and Ji Won noona talking in the living room. They stop when seeing him, waiting for him to speak first: “Good morning dad, Ji Won noona” – His voice is like a monotone, not having any specific emotion.

“Morning. We are waiting for you to eat breakfast together” – Ji Won replied while mr Im only observed his son behaviors.

“You should have woken me up earlier. Let’s eat now” – He still used that tone, going towards the kitchen.

Three people are now sitting at the table, starting to eat breakfast. Seeing the bandage on his right hand loosening, mr Im recommends: “Should we call doctor Kang to check your hand? We should have it treated properly”

Glancing at his hand, Yoong answers nonchalantly: “Up to you, dad”. He seems like focusing on eating, then finally breaking the silence after 5 minutes: “What do you want to do now, dad?”

Mr Im watches his son carefully before replying slowly: “I am waiting for your decision before doing anything. Can you tell me what do you want, son?”

Yoon puts the chopsticks down, lifting his face up before answering clearly: “I will leave Wannabe, then enlisting as an active soldier”

“Why? Why do you have to do that when you did nothing wrong?” – Ji Won joined in, sounding surprisingly and a bit angrily.

“No, I was wrong. It happened because I believed her and was soft-hearted. However if I keep arguing with them, all people I love will be hurt. So the best way is stepping back and just end everything now” – Yoon looked at his sister, talking slowly. She knows that he already made up his mind, to give up everything.

“But…” – Mr Im stopped Ji Won from talking, knowing it’d better to let him do what he wants now.

“Yoong ah, I know you are afraid that a lot of people will get hurt because of you. If we persist in revealing the truth, your members, your girlfriend and us will be involved. And no one can be sure that we can solve it completely and peacefully. So I think your choice is not completely wrong, however just reconsider it carefully, or at least discussing with your members since they will be affected no matter what you do. I will always support you” – Mr Im explained carefully, agreeing to him and suggesting him to talk with s.

Holding the cup of water tightly, Yoong is trying to prevent himself from being weak again. He answers his dad before leaving: “I understand, dad. I will do it”

After Yoon disappeared, mr Ahn - the secretary comes in, giving mr Im an envelope: “President, I have information that you asked for yesterday. The company that Park Jun Jin signed with, TS entertainment is mostly the main responsibility for all the things happened to our young master. They bought news, spreading rumors and gaining a lot of profit from new commercial contracts for Park Jun Jin. However, I found out that KH group CEO met TS CEO once, right before the press conference yesterday. At first I think it was just coincidence, however my source said that Kang Jun Ho was the one who suggested the press conference to TS entertainment CEO”

“KH group Kang Jun Ho? I don’t think I have offended him before? Why does he want to harm my son?” – mr Im asked while opening the envelope after hearing short summary from his secretary.

“I think I heard this name before, uncle. If I am not mistaken, Kang Jun Ho used to be a trainee along with Yoong and Wannabe members. I remember there was a time Yoong was very sad since one of his close brothers was forced to give up on debuting” - Ji Won talked after remembering.

“That’s right, ms Ji Won. It was recorded that his dream was to be a singer, however he suddenly came back to do business after being trained for about 3 years” – Secretary Ahn answered Ji Won calmly.

“Just keep following all of them for me, including Park Jun Jin and his dad, TS company as well as Kang Jun Ho. After knowing their weakness, I will make them pay back for hurting my precious son, one by one” – mr Im ordered clearly, emphasizing his decision before looking outside, focusing on the rain.

“Yes, sir”

 

After the press conference, all news put the article about Im Yoon on their first page. 80 percent of fansite of Yoon is closed. A number of fans signed in the petition to ask for him to be removed from Wannabe increase rapidly. They are blaming him for ruining everything, including Wannabe and Kim Taeng new album, as well as upcoming 10thanniversary, therefore they refuse to support the group until Yoon left.

In the afternoon, at 3pm

Wannabe just received information from manager that after discussing with Yoon, the company will freeze all his activities from now, both as personal and group member. The company will soon release statement about his leaving. In addition, he will enlist soon in order to let it to get down and think about his life carefully. They all know why their maknae did that, and they don’t agree with it. Lee Sun contacts his uncle, asking him to help. Because president Lee can’t change the stockholders decisions by his own, Choi Soo also asked for help from his dad, using their family’s stock and power.

3:30 pm, Yoon arrived at Wannabe’s dorm. He contacted their manager and knew that all remaining members are here. Opening the door, he sees 4 of them are sitting together in the living room. They are all looking at the door after hearing the click sound, then watching every action of Yoon since the moment he appeared. Im Yoon sits down, facing to them before starting: “Huyng, I am sorry for all the things happened. I don’t have anything to say now. I already decided that I will move out of Wannabe willingly, then enlisting. That is the only way I can think of to make sure that no one will be hurt anymore” – Yoon talked while twitching his hands and looking down, showing his anxiety.

“Why did you decide on your own? Who allowed you to do that, Im Yoon?” – Yul asked with a very low voice, meaning that he is angry now.

“Yoon ah, if you do that, everyone will think that those rumors are true, and you are just trying to running away. It may be good for us, but not good for you. So we rejected it” – Taeng calmly commented.

“That’s right. I already talked with my uncle, and we decided to enlist all together. We will freeze all Wannabe activities from now. Wannabe only actives if there are 5 members” – Lee Sun firmly said.

“Huyng, don’t do that. I will feel more guilty if you all are affected badly because of me. I…” – Yoon’s eyes were already red, showing his emotional side.

“No, if you were truly bad, we would leave you behind for sure. However you are a good person, and bad people are spreading false rumors so we cannot agree with it. Don’t worry, the truth will be revealed one day and they will have to pay for it” – Choi Soo cut off Yoon, tapping his back while saying.

“I am sorry, a lot” – Yoon hung his head lower, finally letting out tears from his eyes which he has tried to kept for almost 2 days. Seeing that, all Wannabe members hug him tightly in a circle to comfort him.

5pm, SM entertainment releases their first and final official statement after the press conference: “Hello, this is SM entertainment. We are very sorry for all things that have happened these days. However we have to reaffirm once again that we retain our viewpoint. We already provided evidence to the police and will take legal action towards every rumors that hurting our artists’ images. In addition, after discussing with Wannabe, all five members agreed that because of their carelessness, a lot of people have been effected, so they have been very sorry and will be self-examination. All activities of Wannabe will suspend from now on, including their tour at the end of this year. In addition, after completing personal schedules in two weeks, all members will enlist as active soldiers and will come back as a better people. Please keep your eyes on them. Thank you!”

Not only Wannabe fans but also general public are very surprised at the sudden news. The most recent update has been received a lot of attention, in which they can see under each article:

[+10,404; -3787] Heol, daebak. Rather than trying to run away, they choose to “die” together with Im Yoon. I don’t know what to call them, stupid or gracious.

[+9890;-2134] They can just kick him out. Why do they have to keep that bad boy. Tsk tsk tsk

[+8787;-2367] Isn’t enlisting only apply for those who want to run away from their crimes? Except for Im Yoon, why do others do it?

[+7656;-1342] Well, I think there may be something we haven’t known yet, since I heard Wannabe normally has good personalities.

At the similar time, Kim Taeng – as a leader of Wannabe also uploads a post with a complete black picture on his instagram account, showing his thought: “Hello, this is Kim Taeng. I am sure that a lot of you have been surprised at the sudden news this afternoon. On behalf of our group, I am very sorry once again for making you all upset these days. However this is the decision that we all made after considering carefully, showing our attitude and viewpoints. Our member is wrong in some aspects, of course, but I hope all of you won’t believe in the rumors that was made by others. Time will show you the truth, and we promise to comeback with a better appearance”.

The news soon become the hottest topic for several days. A lot of “theories” written by people were posted and discussed, trying to predict what really happened. However, they haven’t known the truth since both Wannabe and their agency still keep silent.

October 9th 2015, Irene is now heading to meet Yoon at Ji Won’s apartment. He called her this morning, the first time after the accident and asked for a meeting today. Ever since October 5th, Irene have contacted Ji Won and Wannabe members continuously to have update about his condition. She has been worried a lot about him. However, she is more nervous now since it’s their first meeting for a while, and she senses that something bad may happen, considering his strange behavior through the phone. The manager takes her to the apartment number 3005, then saying that he will wait for her in the car. Coming in, Irene notices that Yoon is waiting for her at the kitchen with a lot of foods. He puts out a wide smile which Irene thinks that is quite beautiful yet sad at the same time: “You’re here”. Irene replies back with a light smile, stepping closer to him: “How do you know that I am hungry now?”

“Well, it’s only 5pm and it’s your rest day, I don’t think you ate that soon” – Looking at his wristwatch, Yoon answered with a bright face.

“I may not eat anything if I am on my diet though. You always treat me a full meal every time we meet, you will have to be responsible for my weight. I think I will become a fat girl very soon” – Putting down her bag, Irene “glared” slightly at him before focusing on the foods again.

“You are too thin now. I feel like you don’t have enough strength to work. It’s okay to gain some weight” – Yoon smiled and answered his girlfriend while putting the last dish on the table.

“I will record your words as my evidence if someone ask me about my weight later” – Holding up her phone, Irene playfully “threatened” her boyfriend.

“Okay” – Yoon signaled okay sign with both hands, playing along with her.

Two of them then enjoy the dinner together like normal, without referring to scandals these days. 40 minutes later, Irene is washing the dishes while Yoon is cleaning the table and preparing fruits. He secretly takes a photo of her back without her knowing, and smiles alone, being satisfied with his picture. After finishing the dishes, Irene walks out and sits beside Yoon at the couch, lifting his right hand and asking: “Is your hand okay now? I thought it is already healed completely. Did you change the bandage today?”

“Well, since I don’t let it rest like what the doctor said, so it’s like that. I did change the bandage once this morning. I will change again later”

“Let me change it for you”

Yoon nods his head as an agreement, telling Irene where to get the emergency box. He is watching her more closely,from the way she took it out to how she carefully put the medicines on before binding the wounds again. He wants to keep all of this moments for a long time from now on. When she is binding his hand, he suddenly utters out: “Joo Hyun ah, are you tired?”

“Tired? Yes, of course. Our schedules these days are too packed, but I am getting used to it since it’s the job that I like. Why do you suddenly ask me that?” – Irene looked up at him for a second, then answering honestly before returning to focus on his wound.

Yoon watches her every move, still focusing on her while replying: “I just want to know, if there is anything more bothering you nowadays”

Deep down inside, Irene somehow predicts what he wants to ask. He obviously is worried about his own problems these days might affect her badly. However, Irene pretends that she hasn’t noticed that, talking back casually when smiling: “You are just too sensitive. I am fine, I can handle it well”.

Yoon keeps silent for a minute, seeing her almost finishing binding, he suddenly utters out again: “Joo Hyun ah, should we… stop?”

Irene stops her work for a second before continuing like nothing happened, letting put a sad smile, then speaking softly: “I already thought that you would say something today, however the thing I didn’t want the most happened. Oppa, do you know? I admit that it’s very hard, including the fact that I can’t do anything to help you, we even have to hide our relationships as much as possible. I know that it’s also very hard for you, especially when I knew your decision on solving this through Ji Won unnie. Honestly, I was a bit sad since I had to know it through other, not from you. These days, I feel like I am becoming your burden, and one of the reasons which makes you to decide like that is because of me.” – Irene tried to talk patiently, but it’s clear that she is becoming emotional. Yoon noticed that, it breaks his heart to see her in this state when he is the one who said that he would protect her at all cost. Right when he doesn’t know what to say next, she continues: “Even though we have been dating for only 4 months, I have known you for years and you have never disappointed me. Ever since I was a normal trainee, you helped me a lot and I have been always thankful for that. However this time, I am disappointed with you, really, oppa. Your effort to push me away is too hurt to bear. But if it’s your final decision after considering, I will do what you want, and I hope you will have a good life. Remember to take care of your health after enlisting, oppa. I think… I will get going now”.

Irene stands up right after finishing talking, grabbing her bag and going straight to the front door without looking at Yoon. She wants to get out as fast as possible since her eyes are starting to get red. The moment her hand reaches out to the door handle, a pair of hands are wrapping tightly around her waist, stopping her to go any further. He mumbles: “I am sorry. I must be out of my mind earlier. Let’s just forget it like nothing happened, I withdraw what I said earlier. Even if you want to break up, just do it later, at least after I enlist, not now. I will put the decision-making on you, but please be with me at least for now. I lost everything, and I can’t lose you either”. Yoon starts crying while confessing, his tears has wet Irene’s shoulder. She gently puts her hands above his, holding it, then slowly turns her back to face him, only to realize his face already filled with tear. She somehow feels relieved since he finally can let his hurt out in front of her: “It’s okay, oppa. You are really stupid, you know?”. She wraps her hands around his shoulders to hug him tightly while he wraps his arms around her waist. They keep like that for a minute before Irene loosening the hug. She cups her hands around his face, moving closer to give him a small peck on the lips. It happens too fast so that Yoon is just standing there without reaction. After realizing, he pulls her closer in order to get a deeper kiss. Irene also closes her eyes, wrapping her hand around his neck when knowing what he wants. He moves his lips gently in which Irene responses back while closing her eyes. After the kiss, he puts his forehead against her, whispering: “I love you”. Irene just smile at him sweetly before hugging him again. They stand like that for a minute more before Yoong suggested: “I will take you home now, it’s late”

“Huyk oppa is still waiting for me, I will ask him to take me home, you should rest”

“I just want to be with you a little more. I will enlist in 2 days, so I don’t think I will have any more chance to meet you before I go”

“2 days? Is it that fast?”

“Uhm. It’s decided. My application was passed. I will use my vacation time to visit you” – He reassured her.

“Don’t be sick, pay attention to your surgical incisions” – Irene tapped on his hands lightly to remind him.

“I know how to take care of myself, don’t worry. I will watch over your activities when serving so please take care of yourself too, okay?” – He titles his head to the left, showing her a brighter smile.

“Okay, I got it” – Irene just nodded her head, before smiling beautifully looking at him.

After short conversation, Yoon goes with Irene to the basement. He only says goodbye to her and watching until she disappeared because she insisted that he needed to rest. Right when Irene’s car disappeared, a black car arrives in front of Yoon, a young driver gets out: “Young master, where do you want to go now?”

Yoon closes his eyes before replying back: “Just go home now. Daddy is waiting for me”

“Yes, sir”

Ariving at home, Yoon goes straight to his dad’s room, seeing his father sitting on the table reading something seriously:

“You haven’t slept yet, dad?”

“Uhm, you’re home. I have to read some information about the project that will be announced tomorrow” – mr Im put the glasses down, looking up to his son.

“You should rest more, and remember to take care of yourself when I am not here” – Yoon glanced over the documents on the table, before sitting at the small sofa in the corner.

“I know. It’s just today, normally I always sleep early. Where have you gone?” – mr Im asked while going to sit next to Yoon.

“I just ate dinner with Joo Huyn” – Yoon replied shortly by his hoarse voice.

“Is there anything happened?” – Seeing his son’s expression, mr Im carefully asked.

“I don’t know what should I call it, dad. I just … can’t do what I planned. I want to end our relationship before enlisting so that she won’t have to be bothered anymore, but…” – Yoon fixed his eyes on the floor while confessing, sometimes being hesitant to say, he is quite confused now.

“Son, you are very sensitive right now and I can understand that. But I think it’s better for you to have more people around” – mr Im patted lightly on Yoon’s hands, talking by his lower voice.

“Even though I clearly understand, I still think it’s selfish. But I want to be selfish, for myself this time” – Yoon turned to look straight at his dad, with a pair of tiring eyes. Mr Im feels hurt watching his son like this, he pull Yoon closer for a hug:

“You are doing good. Everything will be fine. Don’t worry. Just free your mind, son”

Mr Im hugs his son more tightly and let him rest on his shoulders. It’s been a long time since they are close like this. Rather than being happy, he is more worried about his son and being angry at what have happened these days. It’s clearly that he will not let those people live easily.

October 11th 2015, at RBW recording studio

Kim Taeng arrived here 15 minutes ago. He will be the guider for the recording of 2 songs that he wrote for MAMAMOO upcoming full album. Since his enlistment will be in a week, the recording schedule is arranged sooner than before. 3pm, the recording starts with Park Woo Sang sitting beside Taeng. They choose to start with a less difficult song which is Emotion. MAMAMOO takes turn to enter the recording room, according to the order they received for the first verse; it is Solar, Wheein, Hwasa, Moon Buyl respectively.

Since Solar is the first one to start, she seems to be a bit stressful. Realizing that, Taeng talks first through the micro outside:

“Solar-shi, can you hear me?” – He tapped on the micro before talking, grabbing attention from Solar.

“Yes, I heard you clearly” – She nodded her head while answering.

“We will practice first, so please relax” – He said with a gestures, telling her to release the strength in her body.

“Yes, I will try” – She shrugged her body several times after replying.

“If others see you right now, they must think that I am a very scary music director. In order to help you relax, should we ask for a cheering song from our dearly musician here?” – Taeng formed a wide smile while turning to the right, looking at mr Park Woo Sang.

“What? Why me?” – mr Park was very surprised to see Taeng looking at him.

“Because you are a very suitable person to lift up their mood, right?”

“Yes, that’s right” – MAMAMOO replied at the same time. With that, mr Park finally sang a cheering song involuntarily using happy birthday melody, which made all 5 people inside laughing out loud. Continuing the good atmosphere, Solar started the first verse:

“Okay. I think the key is alright. Could you sing again with a softer voice, adding a bit emotion like … curiosity?” – Taeng gave her detail direction, receiving a nod from her before playing the music again.

After Solar sang again, he once again talked with a gentle voice: “It’s better, I think. What do you think?”

“I will try once again oppa” – Solar thought for a second before replying firmly.

“Okay, we will try again” – He signaled mr Park to play the music again, and smile lightly after she finished, meaning that it’s very good this time: “Okay, well done. Thank you. Should we move on to the next part?” She immediately agreed and her recording soon finished.

After Solar wraps up, Wheein goes next. She checks the sound with 2 people outside before starting. Taeng starts the music from the beginning for her to sing her part following Solar.

After her first try, Taeng presses the button to talk to her: “Wheein ah, you are very good now, the pitch and melody is on point. Should we try again to get a better flow?”

Receiving the agreement, Taeng smiles and plays the music again. He thinks for a few seconds after she finished, then talking out: “I think the lyrics has some problem, I will change the final words of the first sentence to “애매해“. Is it okay for you?”

“It’s fine. I will try it”

“Okay”

Wheein records that part again with suggestions from Taeng, and the result of it satisfying them: “Good, it’s perfect now” – Taeng concluded with a bright smile on his face. Seeing how Taeng being soft with Wheein, others are naturally forming a happy smile.

The recording continues with the comforting atmosphere, while Taeng gives them very good recommendation and MAMAMOO also tries their best to focus on singing and giving idea as well. Kim Taeng leads the recording gently, giving MAMAMOO compliments as well as asking for their opinions. After 1.5 hours more, they finished the song, only remaining the back up vocal and adlib. Solar and Wheein also complete it in only 30 minutes, then they are having some rest now while still looking into the next song.

After explaining shortly what he needs for the next song, Taeng can see the seriousness in MAMAMOO faces, which they usually make when they focus. He then keeps silent for them to get it, only voicing out after 5 minutes: “Isn’t it too quite? It’s not the normal MAMAMOO I have known”- Taeng titled his head a bit, turning back to look at MAMAMOO sitting beside him with a playful expression.

“Oppa, we are very calm while working” – HyeJin used her low voice to answer as serious as possible.

“Really? So who was the person dancing randomly before singing the rap part couple months ago?” – Taeng knitted his left eyebrow, glancing at HyeJin.

Other people including other MAMAMOO members are now trying to hold their laugh, waiting for HyeJin reaction: “Well, I don’t remember. Who was it?”

Everyone is laughing out loud now, after watching the face that HyeJin made to deny her actions last time. HyeJin also laughs at herself before continuing: “Since you made fun of me, you have to pay for that now”

“I just said the truth, nothing more though”

“I don’t ask for your money or something like that, just a small request that you did earlier with Woo Sang oppa”

“Earlier? Singing?” – Taeng asked again after being confused for several seconds.

“Yes”

“Are you sure?” – Receiving the nod from HyeJin, he turned to look at others beside her: “How about you all?”

“I like it” – Three of them answered at the same time while mr Park only nodded his head.

“Fine. I will encourage you guys by a new song I released recently, called “UR”.”

Taeng then finds the melody inside his phone, singing the short version of the song, leaving others in awe because of his sweet voice. A round of applause for him when finishing, along with a request for another one. He refused 2 times before agreeing because of their “stubbornness”. He stands up to sit at the small piano at the corner of the room, starting to play a pop song which other haven’t heard before:

아늑히 울려 퍼지던
피아노 선율을 타고
두 눈을 감고서
이 음악에 기대 얘길 시작해
나 이렇게
지난날들이 떠올라
Em왜 그리 아팠던 걸까 Yeah

떠나가버린 기억과 흩어진 추억에낯선 세상이 힘에 겨울 때
Oh then there's you
어질러진 내 마음속의
Oh it's you감춰왔던 비밀을 찾게 해한참을
내 맘 깊숙이숨겨온 소중한 이 한 마디

꺼내 말할래
Oh then there's you
꿈이 가까워질수록
두려움이 또 날 덮어와 No No
길을 잃은 날 찾아서...”

<>

As soon as he finishes the song, people inside the rooms are clapping their hands again, let out several words of exclamation:

“I like this melody. The lyrics is good also. Which song is it?” – The first time that mr Park talked first in that day, showing how much he loved the song playing earlier.

“It’s my song. I plan to release it in my next single. Is it okay? I haven’t finished 100% of it, but I hope you guys like it”

“As expected, it’s good, oppa” – MAMAMOO members gave him a thumb up while mr Park clapped his hands.

“Thank you” – He bowed and smile lightly, being shy and happy at the same time because of their reaction.

Glancing at the clock, Taeng speaks to “remind” them to continue working: “Since I gave you all a big surprise gift, should we come back to our work now?” – After receiving the nod from all of them, he added: “Fighting”

“Fighting” – They also replied brightly after seeing his effort to help them to relax before their next recording.

With that, MAMAMOO continues to record the remaining song with Kim Taeng and mr Park. Since Taeng leads it very well, mr Park only helps him a bit and giving his comments when being asked. Every time he works with Taeng, he feels more at ease and comfortable which makes him “like” that young man more. MAMAMOO of course is doing very well, it takes about 2.5 hours more to finish it. When they gets out of recording room after wrapping up the last chorus, they all listen again and be very satisfied with it:

“It’s good, right?” – Taeng happily said first.

“Yes, thanks to you, oppa” – Solar politely replied first, following by other members.

“It’s my pleasure. I should be the one who is thankful since you all agreed to attend the recording when the schedules suddenly changed” – He smiled lightly while saying.

“No, we are used to it. We just record a week sooner, it’s fine oppa” – Moon Buyl commented friendly.

“I heard that you will enlist in a week, hope that you will comeback healthily soon, oppa” – Hye Jin pulled out her right hands, initially asked for a handshake.

“Thank you, Hye Jin ah” – He responded back comfortably, shaking hands with her.

“We will go first, you two can take your time” – Hye Jin understood the situation, pushing her best friend slightly to him while saying which makes both Taeng and Wheein lower their head a bit after their eyes meet. MAMAMOO then all says goodbye and goes out with Park Woo Sang, leaving only Taeng and Wheein inside the room.

“So should we go to eat now? I already booked a table at Suk Chun’s huyng restaurant”

“That sounds good. I am very hungry now, let’s go oppa” – Wheein smiles brightly after saying, showing her dimple. Taeng quickly grabs his phone and goes after her.

During the way to the restaurant, two of them are chatting comfortably inside the car:

“So have you finished all your work?”

“Huh? Yes, the recording schedule today is the last. I will spend some time with my family before enlisting next week. Of course, I will meet you several time before I go if you don’t mind” – He glanced at her while saying the last sentence with a mischievous expression.

“Well, I will have to check my schedules” – She naturally formed a playful smile after that, bringing up a smile on her boyfriend face.

“Did Yoon sunbaenim enlist today, didn’t he?” – She continued while looking at the road in front of them.

“Uhm, he did this morning, privately. He insisted on serving as an active soldier even though I was worried about his health a lot. However seeing his face this morning, it seems fine. I guess this may be a good chance for him”

“Uhm, public opinion is always scary so it’s better for him to be away from it for a while. How about you? Do you feel irritated or regretted? Both you and Wannabe just released new album, and it received a lot of good reactions. If it was not because of that scandal, you might become more successful than now”

Stopping at the red light, Taeng turns his head to look at his girlfriend, then answering with a bright expression: “Of course I felt irritated and regretted, but not because of not being able to be more successful, it is because others are using my nice little brother to become successful”

Wheein shows a very satisfying expression after nodding her head. She already knew that before, just asking to make sure about his thoughts. Driving for 5 minutes more, they arrive at the restaurant. Before Wheein gets out, Taeng grabs her hand and holds her back. Her eyes opens widely at the surprising action, then sitting down again, looking at him directly: “Oppa, what’s wrong?”

He puts her two hands together, looking at it before carefully talking: “I actually intended not to mention this, however I think I should. I will do my military service for almost 2 years starting next week, therefore I won’t have time to be right by your side like I used to. It may be hard for you when you need someone beside, and I won’t ask you to have to wait for me. Even though I hope that we can be like this after I discharge, but I will put it on your hand. If you feel like that you are too tired, you can tell me and I will let you go, as long as you are happy, okay?”. Kim Taeng sincerely expressed his feelings while looking lovingly at her, ending with a small smile. Wheein has watched all of his movements, still showing a serious face when he finishes. But soon after, she shows her eye smile with dimple, pecking at his lips without saying anything. Seeing Taeng being surprised, she just explains shortly before getting out: “As expected, oppa. You have never disappointed me, this time too. I feel happy because of your decision. And for your information, I haven’t had intention to let you go easily and change my boyfriend in 2 years. So just go to eat now mr Kim, I am hungry”

Watching Wheein getting out, Taeng is happy that she is quite comfortable with his decision, then hurriedly gets out to catch up on her. They enjoy their time together before he enlists for almost two years.

October 12th 2015, Lee Sun just finished his last schedule as radio DJ before enlisting. He says goodbye to the every staffs before going home. He just listens to the music during the way home while the manager is driving. He met his parents yesterday and told them not to be worried about him since it’s his duty as a man anyway. His dad even told him that he would try his best to help them to reveal the truth about these scandals later along with his uncle. He is very thankful for their caring and of course, he always believe in his dad: “I wonder what will be next time, hoping that everything will be settled soon”. Suddenly, he feels his phone vibrating, showing notifications of new articles. He saw the title and opens right after: “JYP new girl group, Twice first mini album will be released on October 20 – A new generation of girl groups is born”. He is grinning like a stupid person while reading that. He decided to send Nayeon a message with a screenshot of the article: “I am watching it well, congratulations on your official debut. It’s regrettable that I cannot show my support in person when you debut. I will always cheer for you, Twice Nayeon 😁”. After a minute, he receives a response: “Thank you, oppa. I haven’t believed it yet. Wishing you to be healthy when doing your military services. And I hope you will still be my fan when you are serving 😁”.

“Of course, I will be promoting your group when being a soldier, believe me 👌. And I am sorry for not being able to wish you a happy birthday on time last month, therefore I bought some sweet gifts from Japan, hoping you will like it. Good night, and good luck, Nayeonie”

“Thank you so much. I am very thankful for you to remember my birthday when you already had a lot of troubles. Good night oppa” - Nayeon actually intended to add one more sentence saying that she would wait for him, however she thought she should keep it for now. “It’s just a start. I need to get myself together” – She mumbles to herself after sending the text, then being ready to go to bed.

On the same day, 9pm, at SM entertainment practice room

Yul is now with Jae Won – the main choreographer of SM. They are completing the final choreography for Red Velvet next title song. Initially, Jae Won asked some famous dancers to help on this, however after coincidentally talking with Yul, he decided to do it with him. Since something happened unexpectedly, they need to finish it as soon as possible before Yul’s enlistment.

“I think it’s enough for the final breakdown of the song. You can adjust later when they have their own singing parts, huyng” – Grabbing the water, Yul said between his heavy breathing.

“Okay, I agreed. We should record a full version before resting, should we?”- Jae Won also wiped out his sweat while recommending.

“Fine. Let me set up”

After checking the camera, Yul and Jae Won are recording the guideline for the dance of that song. When they are rewatching it, Red Velvet all arrive at the practice room in order to be ready for their next comeback stage.

“Hi, oppa” – Yeri cheerfully greeted first. The other members also bow their head down and say hello to the two older brothers.

“Hi, if you all arrive, let’s come here to see this” – Jae Won happily told the girls to gather beside him after Yul replied back to their greeting friendly with a smile.

All the members then come closer to see what their “teacher” want to show them. Seeing that, Yul moves to the side for them to watch it. Because they are too focused, only some exclamation words can be heard until the video ends. Meanwhile Yul is a bit nervous waiting for their reaction.

“Oppa, is it for us? I can feel the blood in my throat like when we did dumb dumb” – Joy “sarcastically” said, holding her own neck.

“Don’t overreact it, Sooyoung ah. I haven’t said anything yet” – Irene immediately teased one of their youngest, using her serious and playful face.

“Ah, I forgot. Our “mom” must have been more tired, right?” – Joy retorted back with a mischievous smile, only to receive a slap on the hands from Irene.

Yul is just smiles at their childish before looking at the remaining members, just then he hears Jae Won voice:

“How about you, Seulgi, Wendy and Yerim?”

“Well, we will do it anyway so I have no comments” – Yerim truthfully answered while shrugging her shoulders.

“I will try hard as always, oppa” – Wendy calmly replied soon after.

“I think it’s good, we should try it” – Seulgi talked last with a bright smile on her face.

“Good. That’s my girls. And for your information, this was created by me and Yul” – Jae Won naturally revealed the choreographer to Red Velvet.

“Wow, oppa. You are cool!” – All of them gave Yul a big praise with either a thumb up or a small applause.

Meanwhile, when Yul finally can feel relaxed after knowing they are fine with this, he suddenly is shy hearing others’ praising. He just smiles and says thank you to them several times:

“No need to have to praise me like that. I just help Jae Won huyng a bit when having free times. Since you need to practice, I think I should get going now. See you later” – Yul politely talked before grabbing his bag.

“I think it will be a “long” time before I can meet you again, right oppa?” – Yerim casually asked since she is like a close little sister to him.

“Ah, right. I will enlist in 5 days, and I won’t come to the company on those days. This is my final schedule” – He smiled sweetly while replying back.

Just then, Jae Won phone vibrates, he sees the messages and suddenly changes his expression. He pats lightly on Yul shoulders and arms, talking fast before getting out hurriedly:

“Sorry, I have to go out now. Could you please become their dancing teacher for today, Yul?”

“Neh?” – Yul was very surprised at the sudden proposal. However, before he can say anything, Jae Won is already at the doorstep. Yul has no choice but to sigh and turn back to the girls beside:

“I guess that my last day here will not end soon. Rather than being a teacher, I think I will only be a guider for you guys. Is it okay?”

Seeing the friendliness from him, all the girls immediately agree: “Okay, oppa”

“But do you know our choreography for upcoming song? I mean the song which will be released very soon” – Wendy curiously asked.

“Well, if I am not wrong, that is a ballad, using the standing-micro when performing, is it?” – Yul added a special smile which is mostly his signature with close people only.

“How can you know, oppa?” – Joy asked next since both she and her member are quite surprised to know.

“Well, I spend a lot of time with Jae Won huyng. So don’t worry, I can help you all. Let’s get started with a fast go-through the first verse” – Clapping his hands, Yul signals to begin the special practice.

2 hours passed, Yul already helped them fix the first verse as well as 80% of verse 2. Since there is a solo dance part with Seulgi and Yeri, other members decide to sit aside to watch them. Yul carefully explains the details as well as making a samples for them to follow. Sometimes, they all laughed out loud because of stupid mistakes from the youngest or missing beats from their one-day teacher. Looking from afar, they are just like a family together.

“Looking at them from afar makes me feel like they are in their own world, right unnie?” – Joy asked two people beside when drinking some water.

“Uhm, I think so. In some aspects, they are like a couple with a little sister”

“I think so too. Unnie, how about you?” – Turning to Irene’s side, Joy asked again.

“Uhm… I agree. Seem like a matching couple” – Irene nodded lightly and commented while looking at them again.

“But they seem like to be lack of something strong enough to push them together. Closer than friends but not enough to be lovers” – Joy “seriously” said, putting a hand on her chin.

“Who knows? Sometimes it’s just like that. And I think Yul oppa has liked Seulgi for a while” – Wendy directly stated.

“Really? Thinking back, he really does cares a lot about Seulgi unnie” – Joy agreed soon after.

“And their personality and talent are matching too. But we don’t know what will happen, since he will enlist in a few days and nothing has happened until now” – Wendy claimed the truth again, taking a sip of water.

“That’s also true” – Joy pointed at Wendy, showing her agreement.

Meanwhile, in the other side, Yul is showing Yeri and Seulgi how to do it again. Seulgi starts well, but Yeri suddenly makes a stupid mistake again: “Ah, seriously Yerim ah!!!” – Seulgi talked out loud before “hitting” Yerim slightly on her arms. At the same time, Yul only smiled and holding his faces, thinking that it was both funny and helpless. The two older are looking at each other, laughing when Yerim is trying to “calm” them down and promising to do better: “I am sorry, this time I won’t be like that, I am sure”. For about 2 times after, Seulgi and Yeri all does well, however they are not matching with each other. They are bickering continuously while Yul is there, then making him to be their “referee”. Yul has to stand between them several times: “Okay, okay. That’s enough. Let’s rest a bit. It’s just a little mistake, and you two will be better very soon”, but they keep bickering. “What should I do? Thinking fast, Kwon Yul” – He thought to himself.

However, unlike what he imagined, the two only need some minutes before returning to their normal side, which he finds very cute and funny. “They are really like close sisters” – He mumbles.

After some more minutes, while sitting down to rest, Yul recommended to call for some foods, and luckily all the girls seem to be very excited. He asked for the food they want, calling delivery from nearby restaurant. When he intended to sit a bit far from them in order not to disturb their private, Yeri and Joy naturally call him over: "Oppa, come here, faster”

Getting closer to them, Yeri pulled him down to sit between her and Seulgi:

“Well, I don’t want to break your conversation”

“Aiyy, we only talk about normal things, even Ji Yoon unnie and Sang Woo oppa are here, right?”

Other members as well as 2 managers mentioned above all agreed. Yul is just smile at how friendly they are now, especially when he hasn’t met them for a long time.

“It’s good to see you all still have energy at this hour”

“Well, isn’t it normal for us, including you and we, as singers?”

“Uhm, that’s true though. I am thankful that you all are not that uncomfortable around me. Siting like this make me feel like I am also a manager here”

“Is it too waste if you become a manager with this visual and talent, oppa”

“Oh, I am not that good, but still thank you Yerim ah. It seems that you are happy now considering what you just said”. With a mischievous winking, Yul and Yerim just bumped their fists together after saying.

“You are welcome oppa” – Putting on a bright smile, Yerim replied back.

“You two are getting along well, unexpectedly even though you two have 10 years gap. You can learn a lot from him, Yerim ah” – Seung Woo, the manager said honestly.

“Seung Woo ah, why do you have to mention about , seriously?” – “Glaring” at the younger manager, Yul warned him playfully. Meanwhile, the person mentioned above just smile widely.

“Really? Can I ask anything oppa?” – Yerim turned to look at Yul, with a smile like a child.

“What? Hold on, I have a strange feeling about that, what are you curious about?” – Yul also smiled back, but not forget to be suspicious about what she wanted to ask.

“Well, you know. As normal, about stage, celebrities’ life,..” – Yerim changed her vision to far away, listing all the things that she could think of.

“I think all of you will be better than me on those things when I come back, so no need to ask” – Yul cut off her, stating with a smile and giving them a thumbs up already.

“Oh, I almost forgot your enlistment” – Yerim suddenly remembered, then Joy continues: “Being healthy until you come back. Best wishes for you, oppa”. Other members immediately agreed as well. They all smile and nod their head slightly.

“Of course, thank you. I will watch for you all” – He pretended to make a straight face, then soon turn into a kind smile. Right after that, his phone is ringing: “I think the food is here”.

Yul asked Seung Woo stand up together to take the food, then he turned to pay for the bill.

“Thanks for the food, oppa! We will eat well” – All of them said at similar time, waiting for Yul before starting.

While they are chatting about music, drama,… Joy’s phone is vibrating. She looks at it for a while before going outside.

“It must be Soo Young unnie boyfriend. It’s fascinating that she is the one who has boyfriend first while the other two unnie are just … staying still” – Taking a bite of chicken, Yerim suddenly “attacked” her unnie by words.

“Yah, Kim Yerim…” – The two same age friend exclaimed at the same time.

“Hahaha, love will come at anytime, Yerim ah, no need to teasing your members. And I hope you can remember one thing when it comes: No matter how good he is, you still have to be careful”

“Oh, oppa. You seem have a lot of experience” – Yerim looked at him carefully, teasing him by a playful glance.

“It’s not from experience, it’s just an instinct. Because I am a man too” – Shrugging his shoulders, Yul denied the statement from Yerim.

“But strangely, you are a very safe man. You and Kim Hee Chul are two safest man I have ever seen. Actually all Wannabe is like that. You all are always running away from other girls, what a strange group” – Ji Yoon, the manager calmly stated the truth in the middle of their conversation with a low voice.

“We are not running, Ji Yoon noona. We just don’t want to make anyone to feel uncomfortable. 2 of our members has already have girlfriend anyway” – Yup retorted back, like a small kid talking with his mother, which makes others feel interesting about his new side.

“Liar. I have seen a lot of time when I was a rookie until now. At first I even wonder if all of you are gay, and has to ask other people about that. I even remember you pretended to be sick while somebody come to give you gifts, then running like crazy to the toilet right after she left” – Trying to old her laugh, Ji Yoon started teasing him about that accident.

Hearing that, Red Velvet members are all bursting out together, laughing nonstop. Since they laugh surprisingly, some drinks spit out on Seulgi’s clothes, in which Yul quickly noticed and helped her, giving out some tissues as well. Other members also saw what he did, then smile naturally, realizing that Seulgi is also quite comfortable receiving his help. Yul then explained with a shy smile while making sure that Seulgi is ok: “You really… What an shameful accident. I just don’t want to hurt anyone, so I pretended and prayed that she would leave soon. How could I know she would be there for 45 minutes trying to ask about my condition” – Yul let out a short sigh after recalling that day.

“Hahaha, are you scared of girls, oppa? It’s too funny to imagine your expression that day” – Yerim said between her laugh, almost lying on the floor because of laughing too much.

“No, just her. Since she was like… too passionate, I am a bit scared to be honest. Ah, I just don’t want to remember those things. How could you mention it here in front of Red Velvet, noona?”

“Well, I know a lot about you, including other Wannabe members. You have to be good to me, Yul ah!” – Ji Yoon grabbed a piece of chicken while claiming.

“Noona, I have a lot, too. And actually you are the main reason for one of the most shameful moments of my life, you know? You owed me” – Raising one of his eyebrows, Yul threw some “threats” to Ji Yoon.

“Hahahaha. If you are talking about that accident, it was because you didn’t tell me the detail, and I was still a rookie then” – Laughing out, Ji Yoon suddenly remembered their first encounter.

“What happened, unnie? I am curious” – Yerim is showing her excitement about their story.

“Well, the first time I saw her was in 2009, at an event. We were preparing for a special song related to Christmas, but that was the first time we sang it live so I kept messing the lyrics. When everyone was busying in helping other members, only she was free. I asked for her help in searching for the lyrics and reading to me so I can write into my palm. And only after 5 minutes, she realized that she told me the wrong part. I was really in lost for words” – Yul quickly explained, showing his disbelief expression as well.

“Kwon Yul, you did tell me about Choi Soo part, that was why I messed it up” – Ji Yoon replied fast.

“Noona, I told you that I always mistook my part with Soo, so please read the second verse for me, and you just told me his part in the first verse. And as a result, I am totally ruined when performing” – Yul shook his head slightly hand while the memories of that day came through his mind.

“Well, it was cute under others view at the end, so don’t be mad anymore” – Trying to make him feel comfortable, Ji Yoon talked.

“Yes, if you consider about messing up lyrics and only humming to the melody were cute. I almost “died” from the shyness, noona. It was lucky that others, except my fans, only thought it was a part of plan” – Sighing a bit, then a small smile could be seen on his face. He showed the comfort aura which is not easy to see in a famous singer.

“Haha, that’s true. So excellent of you! That’s why I always call you a genius on stage” – Clapping her hands together, Ji Yoon complimented him honestly.

“I am just trying to be professional while performing, not a genius. It’s my choice after all” – Yul just shrugged his shoulders, considering it as a normal thing he had to deal with.

“Do you feel nervous before performing, oppa?” – Wendy slowly asked him after being silent for a while.

Looking at the girl who just asked him, he can see that she has a lot of nervousness and wonder. He then answers while looking at her: “Of course. I am still like that now. So instead of thinking that they are watching over me, I just think that I come for playing, and as long as I enjoy it, others will too. It’s not bad if you feel some stress, since it will help your performance become more perfect”

“Really? Sometimes I keep imagining that I might make mistakes, and how others will judge me, then feeling scared” – Wendy looked down slowly while saying, showing her insecurities.

“Me too. Especially with the song or concept that I am not confident in” – Seulgi also joined. They seem to be more open to him after realizing how nice he is.

“Well, the reason I think you ll are doing well is that your group has one thing I like: Becoming diverse, that’s the best thing of a artist in my opinion. Some people might like your previous songs, but that doesn’t mean they will like your every song as well as your personality. So put pressure on yourself will help you to improve, but don’t make yourself tired because of others judgement. It’s not worth”

“I know, but just sometimes, …” – Yerim wondered, then stop at the middle of the sentence.

“Anything can happen at anytime, not just sometimes. Even though this may like a boring words, but I always say it. Only you can help yourself, however when you need support, just say it. Because we are human after all. We need rest when being tired”

Seeing all the girls being silent, Yul knows they are having a lot of thoughts right now. In reality, he has seen a lot of people overcome their afraid, and a lot can not. It only depends on them from now on.

“Well, I hope that I am not making it become more complicated to you guys. Luckily, you all seem not to mind when listening to me. Even though I have intentions to open a class as a mentor, I am not the “mr passionate senior”, so please do tell me comfortably” – Yul used a hand gestures while saying the last sentences which made the atmosphere to be more loosely with a smile, since they all know who he mentioned.

“I will tell Yunho oppa later. You should be careful” – Seulgi , pretending to record using her phone.

“I don’t think he will talk any longer if he knows it, I am getting used to it now”

Ending the “emotional side”, Yul signals to the girls to enjoy the food, then looking at the door before continuing: “I think I should “fine” Soo Young for making us wait so long”

“You will do it for sure, oppa?” – Irene immediately.

“Just kidding. I don’t want to be beaten by someone. I love peace anyway” – Yul said and making a peace sign.

Just then, Joy comes back. She suddenly feels everyone eyes on her, with a different kind of expression. She is taken back a bit, carefully voicing out: “What happened? Why all of you are looking at me like that?”

“You should not make us wait for so long, Soo Young ah. I am very hungry now” – Trying to be as much serious as possible, Wendy showing her hungry by groaning.

“Oh, I am sorry. I thought you all will eat without me. I am very sorry” – Joy kept saying sorry with an apologetic voice, meanwhile others are trying to keep their face straight. But not long after, Yerim starts laughing out, making other follow her, that’s when Joy knows that she is fooled: “Aish, really…”

“Sorry, Soo Young ah. We are just kidding. But it’s true that we are waiting for you, to decide who will clean up after this” – Yul quickly calmed her down, then adding by a mischievous smile. They decide to play a game, “linking words” – use the last words from previous one to start a word. The final winner will choose one person to be free from cleaning. After 15 minutes, Irene finally win and she chooses Yul as the person who doesn’t need to cleaning up since he already paid for their meal and has been their dance teacher for hours. Others girls all agree and stands up to bring the garbage out with 2 managers.

Yul is sitting with Irene to wait for others comeback, he is hesitant a bit before starting: “I know that I don’t have the right to tell you what to do, but I think you should loosen up a bit, that’s what all of us including your members hope. You hides too much emotion to the extent that we are very worried, more exactly, “he” is very worried about you, especially after enlisting”

Irene understand clearly who is he that Yul mentioned. She thinks for a while before replying: “I am okay, oppa. I won’t let you all disappointed. I am getting used to it now”

“Okay, if you said that, I will believe in you. Just being comfortable, be yourself. He will come back very soon though”

“Yes, I know. I gradually forget about those bad things day by day. So what about you, oppa? Don’t you want to do anything before going?”

“Huh?” – Yul is dumbfounded about what Irene just asked since she seems to mention something else. “Ah, if you are asking about what I think, the answer is no. Yoon really just told you everything, really”

“I can know by myself too, oppa. It’s quite obvious, except for that dummy bear”

“Really? I thought I keep it well though”

“It’s still no?”

“Well, I will do it if it’s a suitable time. Unlike you two, we are only friends until now, so I am trying not to be selfish and using her kindness”

“Yes, but still. Things can change at any time” 

“I know. But I still think it’s not right. Now I can only hope that I am still lucky 2 years later”

Other members come back, so the two stop their conversation right away. They start practicing immediately, and only after 2 more hours, it’s finally ended.

“It’s enough for today. All of you are great. We should stop now”

“Yesss. Thank you for your hard work, oppa”

“You are welcome. Best wishes for you all. Good bye” – Yul told them when waving hands before going out.

“Bye bye oppa. Drive safely!” – Yerim told him again, and only receive a waving from him, meaning “Don’t worry”.

October 15th 2015, Kim Taeng and Lee Sun are officially enlisted. Kwon Yul and Choi Soo also enlisted a day after, starting their life as active soldiers for almost 2 years.

October 17th 2015, a day after Wannabe all enlisted

At a small cafeteria in Hongdae, secretary Ahn is waiting for someone. He chooses a table that is at the corner which people seldom notice. He takes a sip of coffee before looking at his wristwatch. It’s the appointment time. Just then, a young man wearing a comfortable jacket stepping into the room. Secretary Ahn looks up, greeting first:

“Hello, are you Han Seo Joon – the owner of Dispatch?”

“Yes, it’s me. You must be Ahn Do Sik?”

“Yes, nice to meet you. Sit down please”

“I don’t have a lot of time, so please go straight to the main topic” – Seo Joon made the “I don’t really care” kind of face.

“Don’t be hasty. I just want to do business, offering a contract to you” – Mr Ahn smirked before talking, then lending out a document file.

“What is it?” – Seo Joon just glanced at it.

“Contract. I will buy your information for 2 years” – mr Anh answered comfortably with a business smile.

“Do you think that I am a greedy person? We only say the truth” – Seo Joon moved his body closer, saying with the mischievous expression.

“I didn’t say that you will have to distort the truth. We need you to say the truth, but only when we tell you. To be more specific, we will decide the time you reveal the information”

“It’s special, not like what I expected. So what exactly do you want?”

“The dating rumor of Wannabe, don’t release it until 2018, with the price of 200 million won, we will buy it for 2 years. In addition, we will provide an evidence of scandal happened at a restaurant several days ago between Im Yoon and Park Jun Jin for you to reveal the truth. Of course, you can reject it and do what you want, but you need to be prepared for lawsuits against your page, from at least 10 people. It must spend a lot of effort and money to end it” – Mr Jang let out a dangerous smile along with an unreadable expression which made the opposite person to feel a little scary suddenly. However he still tries to form a smile in order to hide his scare.

“Do you want to threaten me with that?”

“No, just a remind. It’s up to your choice” – Taking a sip of coffee, mr Anh only waits for an agreement since he knew he will win for sure.

“Ok, I agree” – After reading he documents and considering carefully, Seo Joon finally agreed since he knows that it’d better for him to be on their side. It’s actually not a bad thing.

“Good. Sign here and we are allies”

While signing in the contract, he asked curiously: “But how do you know that we have that information and we are going to release it?”

“We have a lot of sources, and for your information, you are not the only ally we have now” – Mr Ahn smiles lightly, taking another sip of coffee.

“Great. I think I made a good choice. And my guesses are true right? The only heir of Dae Han group?”

“I don’t think it’s important now, isn’t it?”

“Hoping for a good cooperation” – Seo Joon understood immediately about that answer, initially offers a handshake after standing up. Mr Ahn also politely responses back. Then Seo Joon and mr Anh leave the cafeteria respectively. Right after Seo Joon got in his car, a message notifying 200 million won was transferred to his account: “As expected, simple and fast”, then he drives straight to his own office to start a new “project”, mumbling to himself: “It will be very interesting”

Meanwhile mr Ahn contacts the president right after successfully made a deal: “Yes, sir. He agreed. I will come back now”

October 20th 2015, Twice is officially debuted. Because of the reality program, they have already been famous before. JYP put a lot of effort into them, and as expected, the reaction they received already bigger than their thought.

October 22nd 2015, Twice has their first stage ever. A lot of congratulations and flowers were sent to them. Everything is new and wonderful to them. After the fifth time, they finish recording and bowing together to thank the staffs and fans there. While saying goodbye to their fans, Nayeon suddenly sees a very familiar face among the audiences. He even smile looking at her. Rather than being happy, she just feels strange. “Why is he here?” – She thought to herself and only leave faster when her members calling out for her.

In the waiting room, they are all eating side dishes while waiting for the live broadcast. A bouquet of roses is sent to Nayeon directly, with a small note: “Congratulations! See you soon – From LJ”. When her members all think it is only from a normal fan of her, Nayeon is more sure about the person she saw earlier. She doesn’t show any reaction, not happy or worried, and quickly puts it aside. People inside the rooms feel very strange, however they don’t ask anything since it’s clearly that Nayeon mood is not good right now. Since that day, she has always received gifts from the same person once a day.

October 18th 2015, the first free day that Twice has since debut

Nayeon is going home to visit her parents for a while and take some luggage to the dorm. She told them yesterday that she would spend the lunch with them before leaving. Stepping inside the living room, she greets out loud: “Hi, I am home”. Her parents are very happy to see her, they quickly come and give her a big hug: “Aigoo, my daughter. I miss you so much”

“Me too”

“Welcome you home, singer Nayeon” – A male voice after her parents said, making her startled.

“Why are you here?” – After being surprised, she asked him with a very normal tone.

“I came here to congratulate you, but you seem not to happy when seeing me”

“It’s not like this. I am just surprised. I think you must be very busy at this time”

“Well, I will have time if I want”

Sensing the strange atmosphere, mr and mrs Im are trying to cover it: “Let’s eat now, we are hungry”. Mrs Im is leading Nayeon to the kitchen while mr Im follows after with Lee Jun. Nayeon only talks with her parents and replies nonchalantly to Lee Jun. After the lunch, she asks for permission to go up and get something first, escaping from the talk between Lee Jun and her parents. Mrs Im follows her soon after, leaving two man in the living room

“She must be tired these days, I hope you won’t mind” – Drinking the tea, mr Im slowly talked.

“Of course not, uncle. Thank you for the lunch” – Lee Jun also replied back with a polite attitude.

“The thing I am going to say may make you feel uncomfortable, but as a father I have to say. I always respect my daughter decision, no matter what it is. And I hope you will do the same” – After hesitating for a while, mr Im seriously added while looking straight at Lee Jun.

“Yes, I know. I will try not to disappoint you, uncle”

At the same time, inside Nayeon room

Mrs Im goes in to see her daughter packing up the luggage busily.

“Do you need my help, Nayeonie?”

“It’s okay, mom. I almost done”

Sitting on the bed, mrs Im continues: “You don’t like Lee Jun, do you?”

Nayeon stops packing for a second, then answering while keep doing it: “What do you mean, mommy? I like him, just not the way he wants”

“Is it because of his brother, Lee Sun? You can be honest with me”

“I am friend with him, like Lee Jun oppa. It’s just… I feel like Jun oppa uses me for his personal purpose”

“Why? What makes you think like that?”

“He started acting strange after the dinner I attended at their house. It was when I had a talk with Lee Sun oppa alone. I feel like he doesn’t like me, he just likes to win. You know it, mommy”

“I understand. Your feelings may be true. I won’t interfere, but I want to remind you: Just be honest to him, hiding is not the good way”

“He is very conservative, he will never admit it if I tell him. Just let him be, I will find a chance to tell him later. I will be very busy for a long time, so maybe he will give up soon”

“Okay, up to you. Let me help you”

After finishing, Nayeon asked her family driver to take her to the dorm, rejecting the offer from Lee Jun. Since that day, Lee Jun reduces the number of sending things or contacting Nayeon, however it seems that he hasn’t given up yet. Because Nayeon is already very busy with her work, she just doesn’t care a lot about that, hoping that he would understand soon.

November 21st 2015, inside military base of Land forces

Im Yoon just finished his first day here after completing his training for 5 weeks. He is now waiting for his turn to wash up before eating the dinner. He only needs to get used to the environment on his first day, so it’s not too difficult. He somehow feels that people here are neither hard nor easy. They are not really friendly to him because of his “reputation” these days, like how they were during his training. However, at least they still try to accept him without too much prejudice. He keeps a safe distance from them, not too far or too close, and doing his own things. It’s a relief since they hasn’t given a lot of attention to him, therefore he hasn’t had to think too much.

“Im Yoon, let’s go to eat” – One of his teammate called him.

“Ok. I’ll be out in a minute” – He replied and standing up right away.

November 22nd 2015

Red Velvet is now at the Olympic Park Gymnastics stadium in Seoul, attending the concert of Girls Generation. The concert is going to end in 15 minutes, therefore they are now heading to the backstage room and greeting everyone they see politely. While Irene and Seulgi sit at the sofa talking to the manager, Yeri and Joy go around to talk with the staff, Wendy is asking the stylist unnie about something. When SNSD come in, they all smile widely seeing their junior. Tiffany starts first with a high-pitched voice and her eye smile:

“Hello, kids”

“Hello, sunbaenim”

“Ah, Red Velvet is here. Nice to meet you all. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb 🎶…” – Hyoyeon also greeted them brightly, then imitating their point dance in the newest song. Every one is roll over laughing at Hyoyeon because of her humor as well as her comic dance later. Thanks for her, the atmosphere is getting better very soon. Red Velvet members are even give her thumb up.

“As expected, subaenim. You are the best” – Yeri smile brightly, jumping up and down, showing her cute side which makes Tiffany to rub her head lovingly.

“Ah, how cute! Let’s take a picture together” – Seohyun said while waving her hands for other to gather around.

The manager takes one of SNSD members phone to take the picture for them. They took several pictures at one before spreading out into small group and chatting. Seohyun waiting for her turn to change the clothes, is now sitting on the sofa with Irene and Seulgi. Suddenly a loud voice calls out:

“Joo Hyun ah, did you see my phone? I just put it here and now it’s gone” – Tiffany called SeoHyun while looking at the desk to look for her phone.

“No, I didn’t” “No, unnie” – Two voice answered at the same time, which makes Tiffany to stop looking. She looks at both SeoHyun and Irene, seeing they are also looking at each other, then bursting out with them:

“Well, I forget that we are having two people born in the same year with the same name here. My fault. Sorry for making you startled, Irin ah” – Tiffany said, calling Irene by the shorter name.

“It’s okay, unnie” – Irene replied with a small smile.

“We are going to eat now, will you all join us?” – Tiffany kindly offered to Red Velvet.

“I think we should go back since it’s your after party with staffs”

“I like it more if you guys attend. We haven’t met for a while since you all are quite busy and haven’t had tome to come to our dorm” – Tiffany added friendly.

“If that’s the case, we will go with you” – Joy answered on behalf of the group after receiving the agreement from them.

November 23rd 2015, at Jeongja-dong café street

Inside a private room, Ji Won is waiting for Irene. She hasn’t met her since Yoon enlisted. However she just wants to make sure that she is fine these days. Irene arrived not long after with a simple look, smiling while going in:

“Hello, unnie”

“Hi. Is it hard to find this location?” – Ji Won gestured Irene to sit down with a smile.

“No, it’s fine. I asked for help from my manager anyway since I am really bad at directions” – Irene admitted shyly.

“That’s right, it’s okay anyway. What do you want to order more? I just called some simple menu while waiting for you” – Ji Won naturally form a smile remembering what she knew about the other “weakness”, then passing the menu to Irene.

“I don’t think it’s a simple menu though” – Irene took a glance at the list of food were called on the table, titles her head slightly while saying.

“It’s normal. Be comfortable. How are you these days?” – Ji Won shrugged her shoulders before changing the topic.

“I am fine, and becoming busier and busier day by day. How about you, unnie? I hear that you have to go on business frequently”

“Uhm, that’s right. I also couldn’t meet Yoon before he left” – Ji Won sighed, looking down a bit before while thinking of her little brother.

“He will have vacation for sure, and you two can meet by then. Don’t be sad, unnie” – Irene tried to comfort her by holding her hands.

“Of course, I just can’t help it. All of us are like that, including you, me, his dad and s” – Ji Won replied back with a small smile, holding back the other hands. “Joo Huyn ah, have that person bothered you since then?”

“Huh? Who?” – Irene was surprised by Ji Won question. It took her about two minutes before realizing who she was talking about: “Ah, no. I don’t have any reason to meet him anyway, even just coincidentally”

“It’d better to be careful. There’s someone behind him, who wants to harm Wannabe and Yoon, so we are very worried about your security as well” – Ji Woon seemed to be quite worried, showing her nervousness through her eyes.

“We?” – Irene asked, feeling strange hearing that word from Ji Won.

“It includes me, Yoon and his dad. Uncle Im really wanted to meet you, however he was afraid that it might be a burden to you so he asked me to take care of you instead”

“I should be the one who needs to come and greet him first. However I think I am still… a bit scared now. Can you help me to tell him that I will come to visit him later when it’s more convenient?”

“Ok. I will tell him”

“And what do you mean by someone behind, unnie? It’s not a coincidence, isn’t it?” – Irene carefully asked, recalling the words Ji Won just said.

“It’s half coincidence, half on purpose. But I am taking care of it, don’t worry. Just being careful if you meet that bastard” – Ji Won couldn’t hide her anger while mentioning that person, which successfully made Irene to smile a bit.

“I think it’s the first time I hear you saying things like this. You must really hate that person”

“Of course. Just a thought and I am already feeling the anger up to my head. Really”

“You should just relax, unnie. I believe bad person will have to receive their karma very soon”

“Uhm. I hope so”

Right when Ji Won wants to say something more, her phone is ringing. She picks up with only a short statement: “All right, just remember what I said”. Irene is drinking a sip of water, being surprised after hearing Ji Won saying: “Did you have work, unnie? You can go, I don’t mind”

“No, it’s not important. Just some small business, I already solved it”

“Okay. Let’s eat now, unnie” – Even though Irene sensed something abnormally, she shrugged those strange thoughts immediately, not wanting to know anything more at this time.

At the same time, Ji Won is smiling brightly, happily changes to different topic, chatting to Irene about girls things and their interest these days. Ji Won knows it would be better for Yoon to tell her later about their family business. Irene soon forgets about things earlier and has hardly noticed anything differently since that day.

December 31st 2015, at MBC gayo daejun festival

As normal, every last day of a year, MBC holds their ending festival with the participation of a lot of singers. This is the time for artists to make friend and enjoy other’s performances as well as greeting new year together.

Red Velvet is resting inside their waiting room, some is watching the performance through the monitor, some is just sitting down using their phone or chatting with others. The second part will continue soon, however, Red Velvet will perform in the first day of new year, so they still have a lot of time. A loud noise coming from the door grabs attention of all the girls inside. Their manager comes in together with MAMAMOO members, they all have a bright face when seeing the other.

“Hi” – Red Velvet members all smile widely while greeting by their high tone. Solar naturally walks closer to Irene when Moon Buyl is standing next to Seulgi and remaining younger are together. All of them are talking for 30 minutes nonstop, only stopping when hearing Min Jin unnie – manager of Red Velvet reminds: “Hey, the broadcast will continue in 5 minutes. Fixing your clothes and makeup before going out, girls”

“Yes, unnie” – Joy answered first, sounding sadly.

“Don’t be sad, we can sit together or gathering later” – Solar encouraged Joy.

“That’s right. Do you all have time? We can have a party in the new year together after broadcast ends” – Moon Buyl suggested.

“Good idea. Deal?” – Seulgi excited replied with her eye-smile.

“We are okay with that. Have you still had curfew these days?” – Hwasa remembered the last time they had dinner and asking Red Velvet again.

“It is new year today, so I think we can go home later, right unnie?” – Irene smiled, asking the manager lightly.

Receiving the agreement from their manager, all Red Velvet members as well as MAMAMOO are jumping up and down, showing their excitement: “Yay, it’s been a long time. Good!”

Even though all of them are Kpop star, now they just look like a bunch of young students, being happy because of the gathering with friends.

11:30pm

There are 30 minutes left until the new year eve. Two MC for the event ask for all the artists to be together on the stage, interviewing them for their new years wishes as well as plans for next year. Red Velvet is standing between SNSD and Twice, waving to their fans as audiences. Joy represents the group to answer some questions before the countdown. Right when the clock is 00:00, all singers shout out “Happy new year”, most of them circle around their members to wish each other happy new year, some greets others group as well. Red Velvet except for Yeri who hasn’t old enough are hugging each other tightly, before greeting other seniors such as Shinee, SNSD, … New year has started, which means their new page also starts.

1 am, the festival finally ends after 5 hours. Singers are walking back to their waiting room, bowing to each other. While coming back, Seulgi and Wendy notices some male artists keep glancing at their unnie, looking like they want to be close to her. It’s not the first time, sine her “leader” is normally attractive to a lot of people, however, these festivals usually have more. Others can think that Irene is too cold since she only bows to greet them politely, but Red Velvet knows that she is very shy, and just doesn’t want to be friendly to anyone, especially those who is attached to her look. When they arrive at their room, Wendy slightly pats Irene shoulders before talking softly: “Unnie, at least there are 3 male seniors who asked about you through me in only 15 minutes. I already rejected them, I just want to let you know”

“Really? Thank you Seung Wan ah. Just let them be. I don’t have time for that”

JinKyu – a manager who is closing the door already heard their conversations, quickly speak out a comment: “Seung Wan ah, I am getting used to it everyday. You are just becoming really famous, Irene” – Wendy just smiles lovably while turning around, seeing other members also smile.

“Isn’t it always like that? Seniors always like new faces, and they will soon turn into different girls, so I don’t care about that much” – Irene answered nonchalantly, looking for her bags.

“It’s just because you already have had the best of all, so you don’t care. Not because they will not be interested in you in near future” – JinKyu continued, sitting on the sofa while looking at Irene.

“Oppa, you will start again, won’t you? Always teasing me” – Irene “glared” at him before hitting him lightly on the shoulders.

“I only speak the truth, right girls? Okay, let’s go now. It’s late” – JinKyu laughed brightly, then clapping his hands to remind them to go.

Red Velvet with the managers then are heading to the restaurant nearby, meeting MAMAMOO as planned. They have a really happy dinner that night on the first day of the new year.

 

P/S: I comeback after a long time,right? Since I have been very busy with my new job so I am very sorry. I cannot promise when I will upload new part so please be patient with me. Hope you all can enjoy. Bonus with some new edit pictures about Wannabe in millitary.