Chapter 10

Destiny

20th November 2009, At a small restaurant in JeonJu

“Oh, it’s been weeks since we gather like this, so much fun”

“Uhm, it’s gonna be exam period soon, really tiring. What should I do?”

“The last time when Taeng oppa was here was fun too. It’s sad that he’s too busy, aigoo, meeting him is too hard”

“Wheein, how about the audition you and Hye Jin participated? Did you two do well?”

Hearing others mention that, both Wheein and HyeJin are looking at each other, making unpredictable faces. They let out a small sigh before answering “I think we failed this time too. Maybe it’s not the right path or we don’t have enough talents. We are thinking to try 3 times more at most before giving up”. Their voices keep getting smaller as they say, just like their confidence is smaller.

“Why don’t you ask Taeng oppa for some advices? He’s quite famous you know, actually is the best right now” – One of the friends asked.

“We are not that close, in addition, it may be a burden and make him uncomfortable. He considers us as normal friends without thinking much as his celebrity’s role, that’s why I’m quite hesitant. I don’t want to bother him”

“For me I think he is very good person and he’d be happy to help. Anyways, it’s your choices, fighting to both of you! Now cheers, for our dreams come true”

“Cheers, thanks so much”

After saying goodbye to friends, Wheein and HyeJin are walking to home together. They always stick together among friends since high school. “Can we become singer one day HyeJin ah?”

“Of course, that’s what we promised. I think we can even become one team like a duo artists at least”

Seeing her friend smile and dancing strangely at the same time makes her realize that sometimes she is too timid at some points, even becomes negative, therefore Wheein thinks she is greatful for having HyeJin next to her.

“The new day is coming again tomorrow”

 

Filming location for drama, Ilsan

“Thank you all for your hard-working. The final scene is completed now.” The director said following by greetings from others people around.

“Director-nim, thank you so much. Let’s meet again when having new projects” – The actress said with a smile and bow to the director, as humble as possible. It’s none other than So Ha – new star these days.

“oh, you works hard too. I don’t know if I can reach to you later, our super star. Please don’t ignore me, ok?”

“Of course I will always remember you, director. Good bye for now, go home safely”

“Okay, good bye”

Inside the car moving back, So Ha starts checking her messages, realizing she got missed calls from both Kim Taeng and Jun Ho. She decides to call Jun Ho and agrees to meet later at her apartment. After hesitating for a while, she just gives a message to Taeng saying that she is busy and just meet later. Actually, she starts dating KH group CEO for a while without breaking up with Taeng. It’s kind of selfish, but she doesn’t want to lose anything, or in other way, she just wants to be center where every person has to moving around her. Keep thinking that she will end it one day, however that day has not come yet.

Meanwhile, after receiving messages, Kim Taeng is not surprised at all, he doesn’t even remember since when they become like that. He is excited about new song and wants to let her hear first, however, she just neglects him. “Is it really because she is tired? Or is she sick? I should go and check her out”

With that mind, Taeng goes straight to her house, he knows she will be at home at this hour. Stopping by a department store to buy some foods, drinks and drugs. As he reaches at the corner of 5th floor, he saw So Ha standing outside waiting for someone, smiling widely and prepares to call her but something catches his eyes “Jun Ho”. Yes, Jun Ho from KH group, bringing a flower bouquets, they smile at each other, he hugs her and they kiss. Everything like a movie happening in front of him. He froze right away, even when they disappeared and got in the apartments.

 Don’t know how many hours passed, he only realizes when his phone vibrating. He finally gets out of the building. Coming back and doesn’t say anything to anyone. He starts acting strangely since the day after, even members feel something happened but do not know why. His headache got worse day by day too, he has to use pain-killer almost every day. Ever since “Love rain” was released, it is getting so much attention, a number of no 1, therefore, he is too busy to either thinking or checking up. He does not contact her either. That’s right, he is trying to run away from reality that his first love ends like that. Rather than anything, he feels betrayal is what he does not want to admit, “why does she have to be lying?”

In the middle of the night, the sound of music comes from practice room keeps playing, Kwon Yul finds out his best friend dancing continuously inside. He thinks Taeng has been dancing for at least 2 hours now. “He will faint for sure”. Opening the door, Yul turns off the music to force him to stop. Realizing other’s present, Kim Taeng looks at the clock “3 am”.

“Why are you here at this hour?”

“That’s what I want to ask you, why are you still dancing at this hour? Even trainees are not here now I think” – Yul asked while looking straightly at the person in front of him.

“I just need to practice some move for our concert, that’s all” Kim Taeng looks away while saying that, not want to show anything weird. “Let’s go home now” Grabbing his bag quickly and trying to change the topic. Just when he reaches the door, he heard Yul’s voice:

” Even if you do not want to tell us, it’s okay, we won’t force you. But please thinking about your health, and going to meet doctor as soon as possible, won’t you? We all see your headache got really worse these days”

“Ok, I will go when having time. Don’t worry”

When these two heading outside, they saw two small figures going out too. Getting closer, they are the trainees of SM. They must be practicing hard. “Seulgi? Why are you still here?”

Hearing her name, Seulgi and her friend both turns their back, their eyes went wide seeing Kim Taeng and Kwon Yul. They answer while rubbing their hands nervously:

“Ah, hello, we just finish practicing seniors”

“Don’t overwork yourself, it is not good. Just take it slow”

“We are having small show case at the end of year that is why we need extra practice”

“Oh, actually I already agreed to help some with their performance, do you want me to help?”

“Ah, it would be good if you can. Thank you so much”

“You are welcomes. Go home safely, Seulgi and …. Joo Huyn, right?”

“Yeah, seniors. Good bye”

During their conversation, Kim Taeng just stands there watching closely. He keeps looking back and forth at Yul and Seulgi. While Kwon Yul smile friendly, Seulgi seems a bit nervous and shy. Of course, who not while talking with a big “male” seniors at late night. Furthermore, Kwon Yul is quite strange, Wannabe’s concert is coming soon and he still has time for guiding trainees? Unless….

“Yah, do you have crush on her?”

“What? What are you thinking kid? She is talent and I want to help. I just have good impression on her, that’s all. She is a trainee and still young, I do not have that intention, at least for now”

“Oh, so you only want to help and will have it later, got it”

Kwon Yul nodding his head without realizing his friend’s mocking. After few seconds, he finally got his senses back and running after his friend “Yah, stay right there Kim Taeng, wait for me, let’s go together”

 

Meanwhile, at the same time that night at Mr Lee’s house

Lee Sun arrives at his house at 7 pm, exactly his father’s house. His dad called directly yesterday and asked him to go home for dinner tonight. His voice seemed a bit shaking, that meant he was still sick. As much as he want to avoid, he is still his father, that’s the reality. Hesitating for a while at the door before ringing the doorbell. His mother opens the door right away when hearing his voice. He hands the fruits bought at the market nearby to her when going in. She starts conversations and asks everything about his life recently. She must be curious and worry since he has not contacted them frequently.

“Welcome home. Since my son is a celebrity, even I cannot meet him for almost a year”

“Hello, dad. Are you feeling better?”

“Not bad, why? You want to leave already? Only 5 minutes and you cannot bear it?”

Seeing the atmosphere getting bad, the mother is trying to calm the dad and son in front of her: “There are guests inside too, please calm down both of you. It has been a long time since he come back, why do you like that?”

“Guests? Who is inside mom?”

“Ah, Mr Im – your father’s best friend and his family. You already know them, they usually went over to our houses ever since you were young, you and his daughter were quite close back then”

“Ah, yes. Where is Jun?”

“He is inside, talking with Mr Im. Now, let’s go. Dinner is ready”

Following his mom, Lee Sun looks around and finds his house has not changed much since the last time he was here. Mr Im and his family includes his wife and his two daughters. As soon as he saw him, he gives him a brightest smile as well as a warm hug “It’s been a long time, Sun. You are getting more handsome day by day. I cannot even meet you with the name of Wid group’s president, you are really a super star”

“Ah, it is not like that, I am just too busy these days, uncle”

“You are really become colder compares to before, son”

“He is always too perfect, that is why he feels confident to be cold to others, that’s why”- The voice comes from his younger brother Lee Jun, their relationship is not good for several years until now.

“Jun, don’t be rude to your brother. Oh, Now, let’s sit down, I am get everything ready”

Among these people, Lee Sun saw a familiar face, the girl that he used to get along with very well, Im Na Yeon.

“Nice to meet you again, oppa”

“Uhm, nice to meet you too”.

Fortunately, the dinner went well. Lee Sun just sit still and answer whenever they ask, not show much interest in their story. He excuses to go out for a while when it’s suffocating. He sits on grass near the swimming pool, stares blankly in to spaces. From afar, one person saw his small figure and thinking “Watching his back, he seems very lonely”.

Suddenly she heard Ms Lee’s voice beside “Can you talk to him for me, NaYeon ah? You two were close back then. He did not accept any help from us”

“I am not sure either. Now he is different and we have not met for a long time” Right when she wants to reject, the look in Ms Lee’s eyes makes her worry, just then she agrees to her “I will try aunt” “Thank you so much, Na Yeonie”

 

“Is it too fast to you to grow like this, oppa? You are too calm and unreadable”

“Oh, you’re here. Are you done eating? It is a bit cold here, you should go inside”

“Now you realize it cold? You want to catch a cold in order not to work right? I know you” – Na Yeon teases him with a mischievous smile. Seeing this girl, Lee Sun suddenly remembers when they are young, she is still outgoing like before.

“uh, you are right” He keeps silent for a minutes before talking: ” It is good that you are the same as before, or else I would feel very awkward around. Thank you!”

“I think it’s you who changed, you are so sensitive now. And can I ask something?” – Seeing the nod from him, she continues “How can I pass an audition to become singer?”

“You want to become a singer? Do your parents know? I think they don’t like it”

“I just want to do what I want, I will persuade them later. Now tell me oppa, what should I do?”

“Uhm, just be yourself, be confident. That is the most important. As long as you show them you have passion, you can pass. Of course, your singing or dancing must be average at least”

“So I will sing a song for you, like a gift and you give me your judgement, okay?”

“Ok, I got it”.

She starts singing and Lee Sun listens to it carefully. He thinks she have a beautiful voice, it’d be great if she becomes a singer. Don’t know why her present gives him comfortable, especially here “Today is a good day though”.

 

P/s: I comeback with a long chapter right? Sorry for making you all wait. I will try harder J

The song I used to become Taeng’s single is “Love rain” by Kim Tae Woo, if you are curious, pls check it out. It is a good song. Thank you.