2 - Debuting - the first chapter of life

Destiny

D-day
Taeng’s pov
“Finally it’s the day that we are all waiting for – the day that we officially are introduced to general public. Everyone is nervous and try to be as calm as possible. I wonder how will others react? Will they like us? Actually since the mv is out several hours ago, Eventhough I try my best not to look at internet but because of being curious, I search for reaction from people. The comments are mixed between good and bad, just like there is people like and dislike with the same thing. The attention we got are not very big, but not small either. Maybe because we came from SM - the comapny has more capacity than others? That somehow put a lot of pressure on us. The members have not said anything related to this but I feel that they are just like me. We have known each other for years as trainees, though not very close until now. We just need some more times, I think" I lost in my thinking at the waiting room and almost forgot to prepare for final rehearsal until the voice of the manager wakes me up.

Yoong’s pov
“The time has come. The turning point I consider for all of us. I am the youngest so I always try to be as cheerful as possible so that other huyng can be relax around me. But I am actually shaking right now. The moment I came to SM, I was just a little boy who likes dancing and singing. It seems easy and fun at first but gradually become tired and burdensome. More than that, I was told to become the center – the position can get the spotlight right away. Maybe in others’ view, I was very lucky but for me I am just afraid. I am a little timid, especially on satge, unlike my outer appearance that others often see. I almost run away from debuting at that time but both family and members encourage me a lot. They become nmy moral support. So I decided to give it a try. Maybe I can do it better than I thought though”

Everyone has heir own thoughts when managers calling from outside: “Hurry up, it’s Wannabe next now”.
The waiting room becomes busy and noisy again, the managers, stylists, staffs. All become more and more hurried because we all wish for the best result at the moment. 

Step by step, they are getting closer to the stage, just like dream comes true in the fairytale we read when was a little. Looking at the audiences below, most of them give the members the curious kind of look. They find that only about 10 know that which group they are. But they still feel happy. It is just start.

Everyone focus on the performances, after about 5 times, it finishes. Eventhough they are now not very satisfied with it but they don’t have time to record again.

Leaving the stages and going back to their rooms, all suddenly bursts into crying. They can not hide it anymore. For all the hardness they have come through, for the beginning of the new chapter in their life.

Today all members’ family comes, supporting the boys, even Mr Lee. They all feel like a big family reunited after very very long time.

Right at that time, Kim Taeng receives a message from Soha, who can make him smile easily: “Congratulation, oppa. Hope that we can meet soon 😘".

Seeing his reaction, Lee Sun immediately which makes everyone laughs. That’s right, they know about others secret, try not to hide it from the members since that will lead to unnecessary misunderstanding. 

Last night, after a small party with staffs, they comeback to dorm and start to prepare for tomorrow, their next schedule. The hectic schedule circle is staring since today.

Wannabe attends as many events as they can, even it is far away from Seoul. They need to popularize themselves. Mostly they only have about 2-3 hours to sleep per day. It was a hectic schedule for all young boys who just starts. Practicing, performing, comes back and forth between places. No one can know it better than members themselves how hard it was, both mentally and physically.

For 1 year since debut, they released 3 song continuously but still quite the same results. Not too bad but not too good either. Eventhough they feel better since the fans who came to the pre-recording was increasing, about 50 people in average, but they all know it is not enough. The time is elapsing, too precious to be wasted.

At those time, the boys try not to contact family so as not to become a burden for their parents. Naturally, they become each others' only reliable support.

For Kim Taeng,  it is the same. Maybe sometimes harder since he is the leader. He only contact with family twice and once with Soha. But he does not tell them every pressure he has on his shoulder.

Now they are practicing the special stage for  some ceremonies at the end of the year. After that they were told to get some rest before coming back. They know that the Company needs to reconsider about their concept and future. They will have about 7 months, for resting and preparing. Unknown to others, that was one of the hardest time they had in their life. They realize maybe next time will be the last attemp and also the last chance they had as Wannabe since the shareholders become more concerned now. 

All members decided to comeback to family’s house/hometown for a while during this hiatus. Kim Taeng too, he came back to Jeonju in order to empty his head as much as possible. And unknown to him, a surprise meeting with a little girl somehow becomes one of the most important person in his life happened during that time.