The beginning

Destiny

2am, December 15 2005, SM entertainment, practice room:
“Ok, let’s rest for a while now” 
As soon as the teacher finishes his sentence, all 5 boys sit down immediately to get some rest and drink water. 
“I want to eat chicken now” – “Me too”. “I want to try playing my new game that I just bought”. “I just want to go home and sleep”
Those voices belong to Soo, Yoong, Sun and Yul. They are the members who will form a new group called Wannabe with Taeng. Each person has their own personality but they are so playful around each other. Taeng just sit in silent and watches them play around. Sometimes, he feels so lucky that he has them who will perform with him as Wannabe, will have the same dream and purpose like him. The talent and skill they have aside from singing and dancing is something Kim Taeng thinks he lacks. So it will be a complete group with them being by his side.

“Hey, kid, what are you thinking? Don’t tell me you are thinking about future again, so much look like an old uncle” 

"No, I think he is thinking about his girlfriend. Will you propose to her then?
“Hahahahaha, really an old uncle with a face of a kid, too regret for that baby face”
“Yah, I’m not”
The laugh fills across the rooms, that is something always happens between classes and practice. The mood feels good and that is their own way to relive stress and get to know more about each others. He hopes that they will soon to be close as family.

To maintain the teamwork that group needs, the dear kid leader Taengoo suggests the five-minute talk once a week. At first they feel so awkward with each other but it seems more interesting. The roommate starts to expose others' mistake. Some small things that has been revealed can be listed such as Kim Taeng always talk when sleeping, even sleepwalking sometimes and it makes Lee Sun amazed a lot of times in the middle of the night.  The two shinkshins (always loving eating) Yoong and Soo are soulmate when it comes to food. But the thing is that if they eat late at night, tommorow morning, there will definitely have one with swollen face. It is no other than Mr Choi Soo. And he always upset about that. Kwon Yul is more like the special ones with some strange thought, so suitable for someone who has blood type AB. The most calm person in reality maybe Sun, he just sometimes ignores them and always try to help in solving problems if needed.

Because Soo and Yoong’s family live jn Seoul, the boys sometimes come over to their house to play or throw a small party in the weekend. The members starts to know more about others’ family circumstances gradually.
The song chosen to be their debut song was Hug, and the exact date will be decided later after the manager sees that they are ready. Even though they are going to debut but nothing is sure for now. If they can not make any differences, or they cannot make it big in determined period, they will be cancel as well. 

For 6 months practicing only one song on repeat makes them be familiar with the smallest movement. However, the debut date has not be chosen, all of them starts to feel unsecure somehow. Maybe the plan changed? Or Company needs to prepare more? Those are the questions they wonder. But give up was not in their dictionary, at least not now, they can not give up.

Today is like other days, they return home at 3am. Roll around on bed, Taeng just can not sleep because of thinking about th conversation ealier. After today’s test, the president and his dear teacher – Lee So Man just calls him over:
“It’s hard, isn’t it? But actually I have to tell you something. Because we debut 3 boy groups continuously, other investors are not satisfying. And the previous group is not doing that great now. So when you debut, from 2-3 years, or maybe 1 year only, if you can not have any remarkable changes or become the top tier, we will have to cancel it. I hope you can understand for me and the Company as well. But for you I will try not to waste your talent, so if it becomes worse, I will help you to debut as a solo later. I just tell you before so you can prepare physically and mentally. It is not a flower road but a hard challenge for all of you, so try as hard as you can. And help other members as a leader of Wannabe, ok?”
“I understand teacher, I will try my best. Thank you for telling me this.”

Kim Taeng keeps wondering if he should tell s about this. After 3 days, he decides to tell them. After knowing, they all be a little surprise, not because of the burden but because of the time they had. They made a promise to do their best no matter what will happen later. Even if they can not make it big, at least they can have a relax smile and return to their normal life in the future.

The debut day is coming soon, July 20, 2006 is the day that everything starts.

D-1 to the debut 
“Everyone, the very first performance will be tomorrow at inkigayo. Please pay high attention to this and do your best. We can do it, fighting!”
“1, 2, 3 fighting”

That night, Taeng coud not sleep. He called Soha, a little girl that he knows since praticing at SM academy several years before. She always makes him feel comfortable, and somehow they develop feeling for each other eventhough have not become an official couple yet.
“Oppa, don’t worry. You are the best among the people I know so it will be alright”
“I just feel a little worry So Ha ah, what if I make a mistake and destroy everything?”
“Aigoo, if you don’t go to sleep now, maybe that will happen so pls just go to bed right now, okay? I will always cheer you on”
“Okay, G9”
“G9”
Her dreams is to become a celebrity too. She is good at both singing and acting and he thinks that she will succeed as a celebrity in the future. Even though she is 3 years younger but she is very matured and playful sometimes. Taeng starts to liking her as times goes by. He wants to become a singer first before confessing because he does not want to become her burden somehow. She used to say she want her boyfriend to be a singer who is great on stage and can help her feel proud. Eventhough no one has said anything until now but everyone around assumes that they are a perfect couple. That makes Taeng feel warm somehow since she doesn’t deny it right away everytime they were teased.
“Everything will be alright, both your career and your life. Fighting, Kim Taengoo, you can do it”