Chapter 23

Destiny

15 March 2016, afternoon
Mamamoo is gathering in Incheon airport to go to Texas – America for their schedules. The performances in SXSW – Kpop night out is now anticipated by reporters as well as their fan since their new release has been successful. Although Mamamoo always shows their humble, their ambition in music is something should be respected. They come to a waiting room in airport to eat something before having 12-hour flight long straight. All 4 members comfortably sit with their managers, eating and chatting. Clearly, their mood is good nowadays, since their fans showed up at the airport earlier somehow told them indirectly that their efforts is slowly repaid worthy.

“Unnie, we will still have some free time there before the concert right?” – Moon Buyl asked their manager after finishing eating.
“Yeah, if we arrived as time planned. But we will be busy all day tomorrow there, so please take care of your health” – The manager replied, then taking her phone out to check on something.
“Yes, we know it. I just want to go to eat somethings. Do you know any good place unnie?” – Moon Buyl continued while looking at her phone, trying to find something through internet. 
“Hm, I’m not sure, but I did some research and asked around, there’s a place near our hotel, so we can go there” – The manager keep replying while keeps her eyes on some notes on the phone.
“We arrange some time between the rehearsal and performance already, so please use it well. There’s recommended place for you guys also” – The manager said firmly after rechecking the schedule of Mamamoo.
“Okay. I think we should go to eat first, how about steak?” – Buyl recommended.
“It sounds good. Steak in Texas” – Wheein replied with a posture like some cowboys, which makes Solar laugh, then MoonBuyl with Hwasa also follows her. They fool around for a while before taking off.

16 March 2016, 10am
Mamamoo is at the venue preparing for their rehearsal. It’s already 30 minutes later than plan, and they were told to wait for some more minutes. The previous rehearsal is predicted to end at 10:30 am, and when Mamamoo is preparing for their turn, a staff comes inside: 

“I am sorry, but your rehearsal is moved onto this afternoon, at 2pm since there is one more artist now, after that is resting time. The main PD told me to tell you and he said that he is sorry for this inconvenience” – A young male PD said in tone like he is a machine, no emotion is showed.
“We got pushed back again? As far as I remember we are the next artist, since when there is one more artist before us, PD nim?” – The manager asked politely because she sensed something wrong since this morning.
“Ah, it changed some minutes ago, since there is a group having schedule this afternoon, so we changed the order” – The PD explained shortly, with a monotone like before, he seems not to care much about them.
“PD nim, is it changed too many times? And you should have told us before, we have been waiting for hours here” – The manager kept her anger inside, trying to ask as calm as possible. However, the young PD seems to feel bothering, turning into “boss” vibe while replying:
“I don’t know, that’s the decision of the PD team, if you want to talk, you can meet the main PD or the director, not me” – Then he walks out immediately without looking at people inside, even adding a comment while passing through the members: “Not having face or big company, you guys should just sit and do what others said”.
More than being surprised, Mamamoo all knows why they are treated like this, since it’s not the first time. But hearing directly still hurts them a lot. The manager also heard what that young man said, however she also knows they should not mess with anyone now, so she changes the topic and members’ attention to different thing:
“So we still have some time, so let’s just go to eat & walk around now. It’s not bad anyway since we might have more free time than others” – Clapping her hands, the manager looks at the members while talking with a higher voice than before.
“Yes, let’s go out now” – Solar is the first one to react, then tapping other members to make them move. She understands what they is thinking, but as a leader, she thinks it’d better to act like nothing is wrong now.

The members also catch the situation well, they also move around after hearing Solar said. They just clear their minds and going out before coming back. Although it’s not easy to control emotion at times like this, they are still behave appropriately which is a smart move now.

17 March 2016
Red Velvet releases new mini album with title song “One of these nights”, showing their “Velvet” side. The song doesn’t have upbeat melody like others, which somehow makes several people use this chance to bring them down. Even though they clearly know about that criticism, Red Velvet still try their best in their upcoming performances. Not long ago, MAMAMOO also released their new music, sooner than Red Velvet, which received a lot of compliments as well as emphasize their beagle idol image in front of public. The two groups have a lot of time talking since they promote at the similar time. Even though two groups have not shown it much, their relationship is loved and supported by both group fans and Kpop fans in general.

18 March 2016, Music Bank recording
Red Velvet will have their first comeback stage for new mini album on Music Bank. People is familiar with their active side, so they are very worried this time. The stage will mostly is recorded beforehand for better performance, and they will have interview later as well as perform live in front of audience there.  
The B-side is finished first with 3 times recording, meanwhile the main title song takes longer. Between the recording, Red Velvet is using their time to chat with their fans:

“Have you all eaten?” – Wendy started first after seeing her best friend being “extra” happy after watching the decorations in the stage.
“Yes” – All the fans replied loudly.
Wendy is a bit surprised, then flashing out a smile: “Really?”
“Yes” – They answered louder which makes Wendy to feel satisfied this time.
“Ah, talking about food, I want to eat salmons” – Yeri, the maknae talked in.
“Me too, salmons and tteokbokki” – Seulgi also added.

The fans burst out in laughter while Wendy uses her observing gaze to watch 2 people besides: “What are you two doing, really”.
The two mentioned there keep on singing and playing around, not caring about Wendy, actually they are trying to . At the same time, Irene is still practicing in the corner while waiting for Joy to start their recording again. The chaos is going on for 10 minutes more before they come back to their work.
6pm, the live finally begins. Red Velvet changes their outfit before coming out for short interviews. While being busy with their work, they are still smiling and being friendly to all people they met inside, including other artists and staffs. 
After finishing the performance in front of their fans there with the pre-recording version is played, only the first place nominees stage is remaining. Redd Velvet comes back to the backstage and watches their friend’s stage, Mamamoo “You’re the best”.
Even though two groups made their debut at the similar time, Mamamoo has the beagle image which allows them to enjoy the stage with audiences, while Red Velvet has their own unique image with the perfect dance and performances. Rather than being hate towards each other, they are becoming more like best friend and respecting other’s talents. 
That day is also the last stage of Mamamoo, and they are announced as the first place this week. Red Velvet also congrats them sincerely and joins their encore stage together. Audiences there as well as their fandoms are really like this kind of reaction and stage, which emphasizes the good relationships between them.

22 March 2016, On music program “The Show”
With the first win on The Show, Red Velvet except for Irene all cry right on their encore performance because of the burden they have been carrying for weeks. Even though it might seem normal to their fans, but the leader once again got criticized, in which only their fans can notice later that she let her emotions out behind the members back only after the stage. Famous always comes with attention, and Irene proves that she is strong enough as a leader in front of the members and publics.

At the same day, KH group, General director room
Kang Jun Ho is still checking some documents about financial plans for program with other broadcasting stations in debuting new groups. He normally has a lot of attention on these kind of business, since it’s somehow related to old his dream. The secretary carefully comes in after receiving a phone call, reporting to him:

“That person said things are like plan, boss”
“Okay. Don’t let it to be out of control, we just need some seasoning”
“Yes, sir”
“How is Park Jun Jin doing?”
“He is doing well, with a lot of attention and rumors, but in good ways”
“I get it. Keep following him. You can get out now”

The secretary comes out, still keeps his head low. He always feels uncomfortable because of his boss attitude, too scary and hard-to-get. Meanwhile, Kang Jun Ho is looking away from his desk, still thinking. He used to be a person who hates unfair, but slowly starting to play dirty. He now convinced himself that he is forced to do it for a lot of others’ benefits, using a trash like Park Jun Jin and all, which is mostly only because of his selfishness.

March 29, 2016, on Irene birthday
Red Velvet all gathers with some fans to celebrate the birthday, in which they have a great happy time. During the backstage, the staffs prepare a cake as well while singing the happy birthday song as soon as Irene steps inside. After making a wish again, Irene blows the candles before receiving gifts from managers and dancers. While thanking them, Irene also doesn’t forget to tell them to prepare to go for a small dinner. Sitting down on the sofa, Irene is playing with her phone and suddenly receiving a call from Ji Won:

“Yes, unnie?”
“Irene ah, are you at the company now?”
“Ah, yes. I just finished the event with fans. What’s wrong?”
“Nothing. I have something to give to you. I will meet you in 5 minutes”
“Okay, unnie. See you”
“Okay”

Irene knows that Ji Won comes because of her birthday since she did ask her some days ago about the gifts and other stuffs. Even though Irene is comfortable with Ji Won now, she sometimes still thinks that she doesn’t deserve all of this, because Ji Won is always too kind to her. 
Ji Won is now at the door of Red Velvet waiting room. She knocks before coming in. Greeting people inside, she quickly saw Irene standing up and going closer to her:

“Hi, unnie. Do you have business around here?”
“Yes, I have some works around. So I come to meet you for a while”
“Let’s sit here. Do you want some water? I don’t have any drinks here, so…”
“It’s okay, no need to care about that” – Looking around, Ji Won does not see other members: “Are you here alone? Where is your members?”
“Ah, they just go around and get some drinks while waiting for others preparing. Some is changing the clothes”
“Oh, I see” – Grabbing two bags next to her, Ji Won gives it to Irene with a big smile: “Well, my main purpose for coming here. Happy birthday to you. Wishing you all the happiness and success”
“Thank you very much unnie. You don’t have to bring so many gifts like this. I even haven’t thanked you for your congratulations when we got our first win a week ago”– Receiving 2 bags that Ji Won brought, Irene naturally puts it aside while pulls her to sit closer.
“Just a small thing, no need for being that thankful. These gifts, I should give it to you directly, in addition, It’s not only my gift” – Adding a bright smile which is somehow similar to Yoon, Ji Won looks at Irene mischievously.
“You two are brother and sister indeed. So identical” – Irene also smiles brightly in reply.
“My pleasure” – Ji Won titles her head, being playful as usual.

When they are talking, the manager comes in with a small bag in his hands, following by some staffs and Yerim. Manager Lee is the first one to notice there is other person inside the room, and before he can say anything, Ji Won stands up first: 

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you. I am Irene’s friend. And sorry for coming here so suddenly”
Manager Kim quickly understands the situation, he greets back politely as if nothing strange happened:
“Ah, yes. Hello, nice to meet you too”
No one seems to notice any difference, meanwhile Yerim only said after wondering for a while:
“We’ve met before, haven’t we? I think you are very familiar” – Looking at Ji Won, Yerim carefully asked.
“Your memory is good. We have met several times, since I am your fans”
“Ah, that’s right. You are the one who kept giving us a lot of special gifts before at every fansign” – Yerim claps her hands, excited since she finally remembers.
“I am sorry that I cannot attend these days. I am a bit more busy” – Ji Won honestly talked.
“It’s fine, unnie. We are more thankful since you like us. Even though you must have had some other reasons as I am thinking back now. You two look identical so…” – Putting hand under her chins, Yerim looks at her with meaningful expression.
“Wow, our smart baby. I like you” – Pointing out fingers at Yerim, Ji Won smiles mischievously and of course, receiving the similar gaze from the other:
“You are welcome”

Irene just shakes her head slightly after seeing Ji Won and Yerim get along well, then suggests:

“Unnie, are you free now? We will having dinner together after this, you should go with us if you have time”
“I’d like to, but I am afraid that I can’t. I have some documents need to finish tonight” – Showing an apology expression, Ji Won replied.
“Haizz. Okay, fine. I think we can just meet later then” – Letting out a sign, Irene said with a small smile.
“Aigoo, don’t be sad. It’s your birthday after all. I promise to attend next time when you call” – Patting lightly on Irene’s hands, Ji Won tried to bring up the mood.
“Promise?” – Showing out her fingers, Irene waited for Ji Won to make a promise with her before smile brightly again.
“Ok, promise” – Ji Won also happily responded back, which makes both of them smile together.
Looking at the watch on her wrist, Ji Won said before grabbing her bags: “I think I will go now. See you soon” – Ji Won then stands up while saying goodbye to Irene and other members. 
“Okay, Bye unnie. Remember to go safely” – Irene said when seeing Ji Won standing up, then turning at their manager: “Oppa, can you help me to show her way out? I am afraid that she doesn’t know directions here”. 
Manager Kim is surprised at Irene’s call, then quickly hide his expression so that no one can notice: “Ah, okay”
“Well, I can go out by myself though” – Ji Won could see the manager’s flustered, so she grabbed Irene’s attention to help him.
“You are the guest here, unnie. It’d better to have him to help you out” – Showing her care, Irene finally received a small nod from Ji Won, then watching her getting out with their manager. 

On the way out of SM entertainment, manager Kim has not said anything, and Ji Won too. Rather than being awkward, it’s somehow like they are being used to it. Only until when Ji Won arrives at the parking lot, manager Kim talks first while lowering his head a bit, showing his respect:

 “Good bye, and go home safely, miss Ji Won”
Ji Won smile back brightly while seeing his attitude: “Why do you keep doing this when I told you to stop a long time ago? I am the one who should be thankful that you didn’t say anything earlier”
“No, it’s more comfortable for me to do this. You don’t have to feel burden, ms Ji Won”
“Haizz, okay, do as you want, but this time only. You haven’t owned me or the Im family anything now, so just relax and drop the honorific. Next time we meet, I hope you can treat me as a friend.  So good bye for now, manager Kim” – Using her playful tone, Ji Won by emphasizing the last two words, making the other laugh too: “Yes, okay. Goodbye, CEO Im”

Ji Won then got into the car after waving to him, still smiling until he got disappeared. Manager Kim also watches until making sure that she got out of the park safely, before going back.
11pm, arriving home after the birthday dinner with staffs and members, Irene grabs her phone first only too see several messages with happy birthday greetings, including her parents. She has been busy all day, and can only check the messages 1 hour before her birthday past. She decided to call her mother, knowing that she must have been waiting for her: 

“Mom, I am sorry for not answering you earlier. Have you gone to sleep yet?” – Irene  is using her dialect while talking quietly, being afraid to disturb others.
“No, I haven’t. I have to say happy birthday to you before going to sleep, haven’t I? One more time, happy birthday my daughter!”
“Thank you mom. Miss you, please take care of your health, and daddy with Joo Eun too”
“Okay, okay. We got it. You must be tired, you should go to sleep now”
“It’s okay, I received a lot of wishing today so I have a lot of energy, even though it’s a bit tired” – Irene increased her tone, trying to prove her energy.
“Aigoo, just rest, no need to lie to me. You have been busy all day, aren’t you?” – Her mom caught her right away, so she just nagged her in a lovely way.
“Yes, you are my mom indeed. Nothing can hide from your eyes. If it’s so, then good night mommy!” – Happiness never leaves Irene’s eyes ever since the call started.
“Good night my baby!”

Hung up the phone, Irene decided to get a shower. After coming out, she sees couples of bags in the table, remembering about the gifts she received today, ah yesterday exactly. She opens one by one, being happy about some of funny things from fans. There are only two bags remaining now, both from the “Im” family. She opens the white one first, revealing a blazer, T shirt and a jean which combines into a comfortable and neat outfit, with a small note beside: “Happy birthday, Irene! Hoping that you like it – From Ji Won unnie”. Irene lets out a smile, putting the clothes to the side while feeling thankful that Ji Won still knows clearly about what she normally likes. Lastly, she finally opens the last one, which makes her to feel quite curious about what it has. Inside the bags, there are several things that can be seen such as: A photograph of the sky with mountains, twos boxes of chocolate, a cap and a LV small bag with a letter. Irene decides to read the letter first, which can see a neat and quite beautiful writing from her boyfriend: 

“Hi, it’s me. I actually intended to use my vacation on your birthday, but it seems that I can’t, that’s why you are reading this now. I don’t know what I should give you as presents today, so I just prepare some small things (with Ji Won noona’s help, of course. But I  sure she will give it to you all the things I asked 😁). Happy birthday, Joo Hyun ah! I will always support you and wish you all the best. And thank you for being strong until now, for being patient with me. I am sorry that I cannot be with you nowadays or when you need me the most, I know. But you know you can always talk to me, right? You can leave messages for me, and I will make sure to reply or we can just talk when I have my vacation very soon 😊. For your information, I am fine, really. I think it’s good since not many people pay attention to me now, so I am just a normal person here, and that is what I need, for now.
Ah, one more thing, the photo I gave you is when I went to … mountain in Japan last year. Watching the beautiful scenery, I immediately capture it since I think you will like. If having a chance, just go there together, it’s a really nice place. 
Well, it seems that I write too much, so I will end it here so that you can rest. Just remember good things only, okay? One last thing that I always say: Everything will be fine. Bye bye 😁. Love you and see you soon!”

Irene only smiles while reading the letter, and feeling comfortable after finishing it. Yoon has a favorite, which is writing letters for people that he likes and is close with since he thinks that will show his sincerity. She knows he has a hard time at first when joining the army, but he is still doing well, that’s enough. He seems to follow her activities as well, and knowing that she has a hard times recently. He is a considerate and kind person, and always makes her feel warm when being with him. Looking at the clock, it’s quite late now so Irene put all the gifts beside, then preparing to go to sleep. She really has a good sleep that night, maybe because she received too much blessings on her birthdays, from her fans, her friends and family as well as others who love her unconditionally.

01 April 2016
Today is music bank recording, Irene also has to takes part as a MC as normal. She reads the script carefully, taking a short rest before the live. The PD told her to plan a small hidden camera for her co-workers MC – Park Bo Gum. It’s not a long time since they work together, but he is like a kind little brother to her, so she is quite excited about the small troll later. As expected, the broadcast went on smoothly, including the pranks. All the cut videos are also becoming viral among Kpop fans as an evidence about their good chemistry as MCs together.
That day, Park Jun Jin – a half-brother of Yoon is also watching TV at home, with some friends and his manager. They also watch music show, and of course seeing Irene on screen. Those guys keep showing reactions about beautiful girls, as always. 

“Wow, that girl is becoming more beautiful, but is being too cold to get close to” – A guy said, receiving agreements from others.
“That’s right, like a rose that we shouldn’t touch, hahaha. We can just find others though” – Adding a erted laugh, it’s obviously that they are not good people.

Meanwhile, Park Jun Jin doesn’t talk much since he suddenly reminds of something, then smile lightly. He still has not given up in messing Yoon’s life, including people he loves. Therefore, he has been feeling excited about what will happen next.

10 April 2016, On Woong Jin joint Concert
Red Velvet arrived at 1pm to start their dry rehearsal, and now they are waiting for their turn to perform after preparing from outfits to makeup. It’s 6pm, and there are at least 2 hours more since they are the last ones. Members use their time to do their own thing, from playing game, watching drama, listening to music to sleeping. Yerim is too boring, so she pulls Irene out of her chair to go out as well as buy some foods and drinks with the new young manager. Grabbing several things from the small supermarket, Irene and Yeri ask their manager before making payments:

“Seung Woo ah, don’t you buy something?” – Irene pats lightly on him.
“No, I am fine” – He waved his hands while saying no.
“Oppa, you are not hungry? Just buy something” – Yerim added.
“No, I am ok. I am in diet as well” – He rejected more firmly.
“Haizz, fine. Even my manager is on diet, what a tiring life!” – Yeri showed her “sad” expression which makes two older beside her smile.
“Let’s go back. We finish buying” – Irene said while bringing the bag, Seung Woo noticed immediately and took it from her: “Thanks, Seung Woo ah”.

On their way back, at the hall between the backstage and waiting room, three of them suddenly meet the person they don’t want to see the most. Even though they just greet politely by nodding their heads lightly and try to go as fast as possible, one of that person “bodyguards” stops them:

“Hey, don’t go too fast, I just want to say hi” – With a smile, this person gave out a bad vibe clearly.
“I remembered that we just greeted each other, so it’s nothing to do now” – Irene used the formal way of talk with a cold voice.
“You are really like the ice princess, but I don’t mind. Let’s talk for a bit” – That man intended to grab Irene hands, however Seung Woo just steps between and stops him: “I think you’d better go on your way, Park Jun Jin shi”
“Get out when I am still politely asking, manager-nim” – Park Jun Jin used his threatening voice while getting closer to Seung Woo.
“No, you are the one who should get out. Or else I will call the guards and showing your bad behavior to others” – Seung Woo was not afraid at all, he looked into the other eyes while replying shortly. 
“Oh, so scary. I will wait to see what you’ll do” – Park Jun Jin signals to 2 people beside, they immediately grabs Seung Woo and Park Jun Jin quickly pulls Irene away. 

Seeing that, Yeri immediately takes out her phone to call the manager Kim while running as fast as possible: “Oppa, you have to call the securities immediately, that bastard took Joo Hyun unnie away, to the end of the hall”.

At the same time, Seung Woo also used the chance to run away when bodyguards are caught off guard, he also quickly messages to the manager Kim after remembering the room Irene just being pulled in.

Manager Kim called the company, and asking for their help. He intended to call the organizer to ask for help too, but the Company said that it is no good if many people know it. Suddenly he remembered the number that he received from Ji Won before: “Just call this number if you need help, especially if it’s related to Irene. They will help you”.

He has no time to hesitant so he just dials the number, and the phone number owner replied right away: “Yes?”
“I am Red Velvet manager. I need your help because Irene was taken away”
“Yes, we will come in now, give us the exact place, we will meet you there”
“Room no 110, at the end of the hall”
Ending the call, manager Kim gets out of the room, running hurriedly. He doesn’t even notice when someone calls, since he is too worried about Irene’s safety.

At the same time, Inside room no 110
Irene is standing quite far from Park Jun Jin, looking straight at him although she is also scared now. She still manages to keep patience: 

“What do you want? Others will come here immediately so I think you should behave smartly”
“Hahaha, really interesting. I alway wonder what made you to become so special to that rich kid, I think I can know it somehow now” – Park Jun Jin laughed, adding his sarcasm while observing Irene’s attitude.
“I don’t have time to chat with you. You can find someone else if you want to talk” – Irene replied shortly.
“Just relax. Of course I won’t do anything to you here. I just want to let you see that the world changes now. Along with our position” – Park Jun Jin moves his hands around a lot while talking, trying to show his “kind” side.
Irene still keeps silent, not giving any reaction to what he said. For about a minute without receiving any respond, Park Jun Jin seems to lost his patience: “You should open your eyes to see who I am now, compared to that rich kid. He only brings unlucky to people around, not like me. As generous as I am, I will give you a final chance”.
After finishing hearing what that person said, Irene just lets out a small smile, then replying softly yet calmly: “Let’s just be honest, it’s more like you are giving yourself one more chance to be a winner, right?” – Irene stops a bit, watching the other’s reaction, then continuing: “Well, I admit that I am not a great person, I know. But I don’t have free time or kindness to participate in your game. We are strangers, and we will be like that in the future. I will walk on my way, and you will be on your way. Don’t try to appear in each other life, okay?”

Park Jun Jin expression is becoming darker and darker as Irene said. He is a hot-tempered person, and it got more worse since he rapidly has had some success. As a result, he will never accepts when someone understates him, especially a woman. He groaned in anger before replying back loudly: “I have been trying to be nice to you, but it seems you don’t care. So should I show you how bad I can become if things are not like what I want?”

Park Jun Jin is stepping closer to Irene while she keeps moving back, intending to grab her but with a big noise, the door is suddenly opened. When he hasn’t got what is happening, 3 people including Red Velvet manager is already standing near him.  While manager Kim moves to stand beside Irene, 2 other people comes next to Park Jun Jin and grab his hands tightly which makes him to feel the pain immediately: 

“What are you all doing? And who are you to hit me?” – His voice is both low and angry, similar to screaming.
“Mr Park, we have not hit you yet, just testing your strength. And for your information, you are doing bad things to a woman, and it was unacceptable” – The man on the right replied calmly.
“I don’t know that you also have these kind of bodyguards, Red Velvet Irene shi” – He makes grunting sound while talking.
“We are just securities, and someone told us that you are making a fuss here. You’d better leave here like nothing happened or else we won’t let this pass easily” – The man continues, even though his voice seems normal, it still sounds like a warning.

Even though Park Jun Jin is not afraid at all, he realizes the situation is not good for him, so he pretended to be innocent in order to leave here first: “Okay, okay. I am just kidding. I just want to talk like friends, you guys misunderstood me. I will leave peacefully now, let me go”
Two securities look at manager Kim, silently “asking” for his permission before let Park Jun Jin go. Jun Jin holds onto the hurt arms, then leave quickly after glancing at all people inside the room unfriendly.
Seeing him left already, manager asks Irene beside: 

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you?”
“No, I am fine oppa. Thanks god that you come on time” – No matter how hard she tries to keep calm, Irene’s voice is still shaking a bit. Manager Kim notices it, however he doesn’t say anything, just act like normal:
“Let’s go back, everyone is worried about you, especially Yerim. She seems to scared a lot”
“Yes, let’s to now”

Manager Kim walks beside Irene back to their waiting room, while the other two follow behind them. When heading back, one of them already sent a message to inform about previous situation.

Arriving at Red Velvet’s waiting room, all people inside immediately gather around and ask Irene whether she is hurt or not. Irene replies gradually one by one and can only calm them down after a while. She then sits on the sofa, closing her eyes a bit to be patient. It’s true that she was scared, her hands is still trembling until now, luckily, everything was fine. 
15 minutes later, there is a sudden notice said that Red Velvet will have to perform 40 minutes earlier than plan. Even though it’s not strange things in these kind of events, the more surprising is they cut from 4 songs to 2 songs only for their performances. Manager Kim finds it somehow “fishy”, so he just asked the staff who came to tell them about this: 

“May I ask what happened? It seems that there are some reasons”
“I don’t know, this is decision from the manager here. She told me to tell you to decide and prepare now” – The staff keeps the normal tone like the notices earlier.
“Sorry, decide what? Your manager already decided, didn’t she?” – Manager Kim raises his voice a bit, clearly shows his unpleasant.
“I…I am sorry but I don’t know anything” – The staff is scared, however he is just a person who gives notifications.
“Call your manager for me, I want to talk clearly” – Manager Kim coldly asked, which makes the staff to look around worriedly.
When the staff doesn’t know what to do, a young woman came in: 
“No need to call. I am here” – She just glanced around before looking at the manager. She is kind of looking down to all people inside. 
“So will you tell me what’s wrong?” – Manager tries to keep his patience, and asks politely first.
“Well, to keep it short, an artist is hurt, because of you guys, so I think this is the best way to solve it” – That woman folds her arms together, replying nonchalantly.
“Excuse me? What do you mean?”
“You and your singer just had an argument with other celebrity right? That person is hurt, while you all seem fine, so isn’t it your fault?” – The woman doesn’t care about others, even pointing her fingers at manager Kim.
“Do not say anything you don’t know about, ms. Jung. I respect you although you are younger because you are the manager here, but it doesn’t mean you can treat us the way you want” – Manager Kim is very angry now, his voice is lower than normal.
“So do you have any evidence to explain?” 
“What? Does that person have a evidence? Why do I have to explain?” 
“If you don’t explain, then mostly isn’t it true if I think the more hurt person should be treated better.” – Sensing the atmosphere is not good, she lowered her voice in order to persuade them: “Actually I do it for your good also. It’s not good if someone makes a fuss about this, right? So just do what I said now, manager Kim”

Manager Kim feels his anger build up inside, almost to his head. As a result, the two keeps talking back and forth for a while, as a result, the atmosphere keeps getting more and more intense. Red Velvet has to come in between to calm down their manager. The two “securities” outside also heard their conversation and don’t know what they should do. That’s when their “boss” call, one person comes to the corner of the hall to answer:

“Yes, I am hearing”
“Is it okay now? Is she hurt?”
“No, she is fine. But there is some problems with the planner now”
“The planner?”
“Yes, the manager of the organizer company just came some minutes ago, I don’t know where and what she knew, but it seems that someone told her that Park shi is hurt badly, so the manager insisted that Irene shi is wrong and want to cut Red Velvet performances as well. She is arguing with manager Kim now” – All the short and enough information is summarized by the security.
“What? She seems not to care much even though she may create a big trouble with SM. Exciting” – The caller – Im Ji Won is smiling dangerously while saying the last sentence.
“So? Do you need us to do something now?”
“Hmmm… what is the name of that Company? I mean the organizer” – Ji Won asked after considering for a while.
“Let me see. It’s Jung Won” 
“Jung Won? Okay. I got it, don’t do anything except for protecting her as your usual work”
“Yes. But I think Ms Irene is suspicious about us, even though she has not said anything special”
“Okay. Call me if something happens, and do as I told you before if she asked anything”
“Yes, I know”

Ending the call, Ji Won is searching someone’s phone number in her phone, however, she decides not to call: “I should not make a fuss here. Let’s watch for a little more” – Thinking like that, she puts the phone down. Just then, the person she intends to call earlier is calling her:

“Hello?” – Ji Won replied with a normal tone. 
“You always sounds so cold while replying me” – A young male voice is heard through the phone, with a bit playful attitude.
“You don’t call me just to say that, right?” – Ji Won leans on the chair, seems not to be interested in this call.
“Okay, I will keep it short before you are getting angry. How about our project in China?” – The man returns to serious attitude while asking now.
“To be honest, I almost accepted the project a few minutes earlier, but I don’t think I can now. I don’t want to accept this risk this time.” – Ji Won glances at the documents on her desk, replied honestly.
“Don’t kidding, deputy general director Im. It’s a good chance you know? Tell me, what is the problem of the project plan?”
“I am saying the truth. In these projects, people is the most important factor, but I don’t have that confidence in you. I am sorry, you should find another company. I am busy now, so I have to go. Good bye, director Jung Il Won” – Ji Won hangs up the call right after finishing talking, with a cold attitude.
“Wait.. Ji Won ah!” – The call ended before he can say anything more. Hearing the seriousness from Ji Won voice earlier, Il Won asked his secretary to check if something happened today with outside people in all the events of their company.

After telling people to find out, the secretary carefully asked his boss:

“I don’t understand, did that person say anything for you to recheck things today?”
“No, she didn’t say anything, that’s the problem. She has not said about the weakness of our projects first but mentioning about people. Something must have happened for her to decide like that. Haizz, I almost thought that it passed” – Jung Il Won lets out a long sigh, being regretting.
“Maybe she just doesn’t like it so she rejected. Are you thinking too much, aren’t you?”
“No, Ji Won is not someone who works based on her emotion. In addition, she and her uncle is very sensitive about other’s things, like personality. So you can see that they are still going strong until now”
“I know. I will try to find out if anything happened”.
After the secretary gets out, Jung Il Won is still wondering why Ji Won sounded a bit angry when talking through the phone. This makes him to remember the first time he met her in New York, he murmured softly under his breath: “You are still like before, always determined to do anything, not accept any sands. Just like our relationship”.

8pm, Red Velvet arrived at their dorm, much more earlier than expected. Everyone seems tired, mainly not because of works but due to the things they experienced today. Irene is going straight to her own room, not showing any specific emotion even though her little sisters from Red Velvet are asking and being worried about her a lot. She needs to be alone, to organize her thoughts, that’s the thing she usually does when something bad happens. Lying down on her bed, closing her eyes, flashbacks of things happened today go through her minds, all at once, from the meeting with Park Jun Jin to the argument with the organization and their rushing performance. Irene feels like it’s all her faults, since it was probably not a coincidence. The securities who came together with manager Kim also looks suspicious, they don’t look like SM employees. She could only thinks of a possibility, however she doesn’t want to create any troubles now. “Let’s find out later. I need to reset myself first”. Irene always being the group’s mentor, at least until now, so she has to try her best. Thinking like that, Irene throws all the thoughts to the side, go to shower and sleep earlier to prepare for the following day.

15 April 2016, Choi Soo is going home since he has a short day-off from today. His mom smiles right after seeing him, quickly gives him a tight hug while his older sister just stand watching them:

“I miss you so much, my son!”
“I mis you too, mommy. You are still healthy while I am away right?”
“Yes, of course. You only return to nag me after being away for 6 months?” – His mom “glances” at him mischievously.
“Aigoo, I am just worried about you, mommy. How about daddy?” – He hugs her shoulders immediately, talking in a bright voice.
“He has important meeting today, so he went out very early this morning. But he promises to eat dinner with us so I think he will go home soon” – Mrs Choi and his son are going inside while having conversation.
“Okay”
Then, Choi Soo turns to look at his sister who is still smiling with unreadable expression: “Noona, don’t you miss me? Ah, it must have been better when I was as away since you won’t have to argue with me, isn’t it? Ayy, you makes me sad” – Pretending to pout a little, Choi Soo lowered his head a bit, showing a perfect sad image.
“Yah, don’t act like that in front of me. You are not a kid anymore, what an intelligent and mischievous boy!” – Soo Jin, Choi Soo’s older sister naturally grabbed his head, hit him slightly before pulling him closer for a hug.

These two are just like normal brother and sister, fighting but loving each other a lot. Choi Soo then teasing Soo Jin a little more before going back to his room and getting a short snap.
 

7pm, mr Choi arrives at home, in time for dinner. He immediately asks about his son when standing at the doorstep:

“Where’s Soo? Is he home yet?” – He then walks to the kitchen after taking off his shoes.
“Yes, daddy. He is still sleeping now, he must have been tired” – Soo Jin replied while bringing food to the table.
“The dinner is ready, you should go to change clothes, I will go up to wake him up” – mrs Choi said, taking off the apron before going upstairs.

Opening the door carefully, mrs Choi saw his son lying on the bed, with the lamp on. He sleeps peacefully, which she has not seen for a long time. Even before he enlisted, he was always busy, traveling around frequently, which makes it hard for her to see him often. He uses his ability to achieve success; that’s what she is happy and proud of, however sometimes she just wishes that her son can choose an easier path, rather than going on the hard road. Touching softly at his head, she then pats him lightly in the shoulders to wake him up: 

“Soo ah, it’s time for dinner. Wake up and eat, okay?”
Soo slowly opens his eyes upon his mom’s calling, then smiles brightly after realizing who wakes him up: “I must be oversleep since it’s too comfortable here. I will go down after washing my face, you can go first, mommy”
“Okay”

Soo immediately sits up and leave the bed, washing his face, being totally fresh before heading downstairs. His parents and older sister are all waiting for him. Getting closer with smile on, he shows a more bright expression when seeing foods on the table:

“Wow, with these foods, I will gain weight soon after break” – Clapping his hands, Choi Soo is very happy to see all the food.
“You are talking like you can gain weight easily. Don’t forget that you keep your weight for about 10 years straight” – Soo Jin emphasized “the fact”, not wasting a chance to tease his siblings.
“Noona, you really have to bring that up now? Of course I remember it, but who knows? I can become fatter one day”
“Oh, really? If so, please try harder, mr Choi. I am really anticipating that”
“Yes, thanks for your advice, ms Choi. Now you should focus on eating before I eat everything”
“Yah, you dare?”
“Why I can’t anyway?”

Just then, these two keeps teasing each other when picking foods, making both his parents and helpers feel happy just by watching them together.

After dinner, 4 of them gather in the living room, eating fruits. Mr and Mrs Choi ask about his son’s life in military casually. Sometimes they are just laughing out because of funny things on TV, the peaceful atmosphere that they haven’t had for a while. 10pm, glancing around, noticing his dad seems tired, Soo suggests:

“Daddy, you look tired. You should go to rest early, so do you, mommy”
“I am fine. It’s just because of planning about construction of cultures building in Incheon along with entertainment activities in the next 2 months, I has been lacking of sleep recently” – mr Choi said calmly, adding a smile at the end to reassure his son.
“Can I help you with anything?” – Putting down the juice, Choi Soo asked sincerely.
“Mrs Oh mostly finishes everything. Only remaining the decision of our cooperating company. I think it will be fine” – Mr Choi doesn’t want to make his son worry, so he has not talked about the details. However, Choi Soo notices his dad’s expression, so he continues asking:
“Which company did you choose this time, daddy?”

Mr Choi looks at his son’s eyes, knowing that he realized something, so he just say honestly: “It’s Yeun Soo. I think it’s the most suitable, both in scale and professional, but the CEO there is not easy to persuade. I think I will change to different company if he has not replied in 3 days more”
“Yeun Soo? You mean Kim Jung Hun right? That’s standard man” – Choi Soo is more comfortable after hearing the familiar name to him.
“Right. Ah, you know him quite well, aren’t you?”
“Yes, I met him several times. And after almost fighting for about 3 times, our relationships is not bad now. But I haven’t met him for almost a year, since he went to US for new branches. He is in Korea now?”
“Uhm. He rejected our proposal 2 times, and is still considering the 3rd revised terms. I am not sure about him”
“Dad, don’t worry. Let me talk to him” – Choi Soo said while picking up his phone.
“You don’t have to do that, the marketing team will take care of it well”
“It would have been faster if it’s me, you know it daddy. Just send me the detail information of this project and I will take care of it”
“Hmm…” – mr Choi is thinking for a while, looking at his son carefully. Finally he is persuaded by the determination of Soo’s eyes: “Okay. But it’s okay even when you don’t succeed, so don’t force yourself”
“Okay, daddy. I got it” – Choi Soo signals an okay with his hands, then smile brightly.

Even though he wants to finish it as soon as possible, his parents keep on saying that he needs to rest tonight first, that’s why he has not received the information until the next day morning. After having important information, he goes through his contacts to call Kim Jung Hun – The CEO that he and his dad talked about last night:

“Hello?” – Soo said first.
“Hello, Choi Soo? Is that you? I thought that you are still serving in the military now” – Being a bit surprised, Jung Hun asked comfortably.
“Well, I have some days off now. Want to meet up?” – Using informal way of talk, Soo asked.
“Although I know that you don’t just want to meet up like friends, I will accept it anyway” – Jung Hun replied while smiling mischievously, which Choi Soo can know it without seeing directly.
“Okay, I don’t have intentions to hide it anyway. How about tonight?” – Soo laughed while responding to him, being happy that they quite understand each other.
“I have plan tonight. Let’s meet on 18th, about 7pm at Hong Cheon, okay?” – Jung Hun suggested a familiar place.
“Okay, see you tomorrow”
“Okay, bye”

April 17, 2016 – Wheein’s birthday
Today Mamamo do not have any special schedules, so they decide to do V live broadcast for fans and also celebrate Wheein’s birthday together. Chatting and playing, Mamamo show their true self when being together as a group. Along with numerous congratulations from fans on birthday, they also interact and answer some questions. 

After ending the live event, 4 of them are thinking to find a place to eat together. The two oldest start their small “fighting” again, which makes the two youngest just sit down on the sofa and wait. Grabbing her phone, Wheein sees a message unread, since she hasn’t hold it since lunch. A message appears: “Happy birthday, Wheeinie 🥳🎶🥳. You can hear my happy birthday song around even though you don’t meet me right? I am sorry that I can’t have a day off today since I have to do work instead of a friend who is ill. I will make sure to make up for this later. Even when I just have time to watch news and TV an hour per day, I am seeing you often, that means you are doing very well 😉😉😉. Spending good time with your members and parents, and sometimes think of me also. See you soon! 😘😘😘”
Wheein smiles get wider while reading the message. She admits this kind of “remote love” really hard to keep, but somehow she always feels secure even when he is not around. Actually, both of them sometimes wonder if they can maintain it until he finishes his duty, but no one mention it. They let it naturally and just go with the flow in the future.

“Hey, what are you thinking about to make that blank expression?” – Hwasa taps on her friend’s shoulder.
“Uhm, just something. You are getting used to it already, why bothers now?” – Wheein answers normally, they are just like family anyway.
“I am just boring though” – Hwasa whinned, looking at the two on the left: “When will we go out to eat? I am hungry”
“Aigoo, our HyeJin is hungry? Let me solve this, I am pretty sure that they will listen to me, at least for today”
“You should have noticed it earlier, why do you make me to remind you of it, Ms Jung Wheein”
“Hahaha, I know you are not having good purposes while suddenly going towards me. Okay, I will come back very soon, just wait”

Wheein then immediately walks towards two other unnie, getting their attention. With only some sentences, she successfully persuaded them to go to the near meat restaurant. She turns to Hwasa and winks mischievously, which makes her friend replied back with a similar action and a big smile. 

18 April 2016, 7pm, Hong Cheon
Choi Soo arrived first. The owner here has known him for a long time, so he is leaded to a private room, with things prepared. Playing with his phone while waiting, after 20 minutes, Jung Hun finally arrives:

“Yah, Kim Jung Hun, how can you make me wait without calling?” – Choi Soo said immediately after seeing his friend, who is smiling while going in.
“Sorry, my meeting ends later than expected. I will pay for this meal as an apology, okay?” – Taking off his coat, Jung Hun replied.
“I let if off because it’s you, I almost die because of being hungry” – Pretending to be angry a bit, Choi Soo responded as cool as possible.
“Hahaha, okay. Seeing your expression earlier, it really makes me realize that I miss you, my friend”
“Ayyy, don’t be that sweet. I am not your lover. You have to drink a glass of soju now, for your punishment” – Pouring the soju, Choi Soo gave it to Jung Hun when he sits down. Meanwhile Jung Hun just smiles and takes it, giving one shot before they take a glass of soju together. 

They start ordering some more foods, then chatting while waiting. They haven’t met for 2 years, since Jung Hun went to US and Soo enlisted. 

“Yah, it’s good. I haven’t been happy like this since coming back here. Do you know how sad I am when I found out that you already enlisted without saying goodbye?” – Exhaling out freely, Jung Hun commented with a bit angry tone.
“It’s our duty anyway. I thought you will only come back after I finish my duty. So how about your work in US, is it more smooth than expected that you came back earlier?” – Choi Soo just smiles, then asking other topic.
“Uh, it’s fine. I hired a professional manager for business there. Actually I have to comeback at that time, because Ji Yoon got married and I cannot let my parents alone, of course”
“Ji Yoon got married? Well, it’s so disappointing that she hadn’t invited me” – Choi Soo is surprised at the news, then looking down while feeling sad a little bit.
“Yes, right after you enlisted not long. It’s more like we cannot invite you”
“Okay, okay. So that’s my fault then”
“How about you? Is living as a soldier harder than being a celebrity?”
“Well, I think it’s similar, but I like it more sometimes. You know? The comfortable atmosphere”
“Uhm, agree. I also really like that time when I enlisted”
The food is coming up while these two are talking. That’s when they realize that they order too much for 2 people, they don’t know what to do except for laughing at each other:
“If other people see it, they might think that we haven’t eaten for weeks” – Choi Soo laughs a lot while holding his stomach.
“That’s right, we must be out of our minds earlier” – Jung Hun also shakes his head while looking at all the food now.
“Well, it’s fine. We can eat for hours until we finish up”
“Fine. But before we get drunk, should we talk about the important thing first?” – Jung Hun goes straight to the main topic about their business first.
“Should we? Then I will tell you directly. What do you not like our plan?” – Choi Soo fixes his sitting pose, then asking seriously.
“You must have read the details. I admit everything is perfect, except for the unsure potential of revenue and future activities. You also know that’s the most important for us” – Jung Hun also looks directly at his friend’s eyes.
“It was chosen to hold at least 2 big events with attendance of nearly 50,000 people each, with a lot of support from government. Is it not enough?” – Choi Soo titles his head, trying to find out the real reasons.
“What I say is after those events. We don’t build a big building just for 1 or 2 events. We are not charity company”
“It will be an exhibition as well as a big hall ready for renting. In addition, you know that there are several projects of building apartments for businessmen there, it will be a very hot place then”
“That’s is more like profit for you alone. Our company is more expertise in designing and holding events, which specializes in entertainment industry. I can’t see our future with it”
Choi Soo observes Jung Hun expression very carefully, he picks up the glass of alcohol, drink up before talking slowly:
“I will give you a recommendation now, only once this time.. By participating in this project, you will have profit with ratio of 30% from all activities in 3 years. In addition, we will be your partner in constructing your headquarters for new branch in Jeju in 3 years together with the villa project there, with only 25% percent in profit in 2 years. We will give up in becoming the main contractor and being your subcontractor, with one condition: All of your new activities from that entertainment will be held in our place, with a suitable price”
“How can you know about Jeju project? Do you follow me?”
“No, but I have enough sources to know that you need to succeed this time to be free from your uncle control, and that means your profit needs to increase by 15% at least. With your own potential, you cannot build a new system while making that profit. I want to help you, and help us as well since if you become more successful, you will be our main customer, isn’t it?”
Kim Jung Hun looks at his friend, then laughing out loud nonstop. At the same time, Choi Soo just patiently looks at him, waiting for his response. Jung Hun claps his hands several times, before replying:
“You really never disappoints me, Choi Soo. You are still like the first time we met. I agree to your proposal, with one more promise: If I can overcome it, I will be your partner in this industry until when you are still CS group owner”
“Okay. Deal. The detail will be sent to your office tomorrow. Now, I think we can just enjoy this dinner freely, right?” – Holding up his cup, Choi Soo smiles happily.
“Okay. Cheer for our cooperation, and our friendship as well” – Jung Hun replies quickly by holding up his cup too.
After finishing the cheer, Choi Soo takes out a documents inside his backpack, giving to Jung Hun:
“I already prepare some agreement about those conditions here, just takes a look at it carefully and signs, the final contract will be given to you tomorrow” 
“Okay” – Jung Hun receives it, going through in 5 minutes and signs without saying anything more. Choi Soo watches him taking out the pen, then asked curiously:
“Don’t you ask me anything? Aren’t you afraid that I add something that I haven’t told you yet?”
“Yah, Choi Soo, don’t test me. If you are that kind of person, I won’t meet you since the start” – Jung Hun laughs out loud after glancing at his friend, before signing documents.
“I just want to remind you to be more careful next time” – Choi Soo smiles mischievously before taking a sip of wine. 

Jung Hun hits Choi Soo’s hands strongly before lending him the documents, which is kind of punishment for Soo to earlier.
The main business is done, and now they are returning to the comfortable atmosphere like normal friends. Jung Hun starts the conversation again while grabbing a piece of chicken, in which can see that his mood is brighter. He has not have good mood like this for a while:

“So what is your plan after finishing your duty?”
“I don’t know. I still have about 1 year more, so I don’t think about it now” – Shrugging his shoulders, Choi Soo seems not really think about it yet.
“You are good anyway, being celebrity or businessman”
“You are giving a very high praise now. But aren’t you curious? About the reason that I decided this” – Pointing to himself, Soo wants to mention his decision of enlistment.
Jung Hun quickly understands what he means, so he just replies quickly without looking at his friend:
“Well, is it necessary? I know you enough to believe in your decision. You can expand CS group to grow up by 15% in a year, but also the one who can give up a contract which can make up to at least 10% profit in 2 years just for a family”
Choi Soo gives out a smile, picking up his glass: “Crazy, right? I should not be too emotional though”
“Uhm, crazy, but in a good way. I like it, if I didn’t meet you, I might hate this industry a lot” – Jung Hun stops a bit before continuing: “You don’t have to think much, rumor is just rumor, we just need to live in our ways which do not disturb anyone, that’s enough. Other people only use rumors for their own good, without caring about others or the truth, so if we think too much, we are the losers”

Sensing that Jung Hun is down, Choi Soo knows how much he hates these thing since he has been through a lot of hardships also, and in the end, he still has to accept the reality. Choi Soo just pats on his shoulders, trying to lift up his mood: 

“Ay, but you have to be thankful that you are powerful enough to protect yourself and your family. It’s a fortunate” 
“That’s right” – Jung Hun nods several times.
“Ah, so how about Ji Yoon recently? Next time we meet, you should call her and her husband to introduce to me”
“Okay, even though her husband might be a little shock if knowing you are very close to her” – Jung Hun tried to tease Choi Soo.
“People calls me player, so don’t make him misunderstand. I might be beaten to dead” – Choi Soo shakes his head a bit, talking more seriously. 
“Don’t be too serious like that. Ji Yoon husband is quite open too, it’s fine, he won’t believe these things easily” – Meanwhile Jung Hun lets out a big smile, reassuring his friend.
“That’s good. I am happy that she has her happy family now” – Choi Soo stated with a light smile.
“Regret?” – Jung Hun raised his voice a bit, checking the other reaction.
“You should have become a writer, it’s too waste for your imagination, Kim Jung Hun” – Choi Soo just talked while eating, not looking at Jung Hun since it’s not the first time he is playful.
“Why don’t you want to be my brother-in-law? I think it’s good. There is one more chance for you, our younger sister” 
“You have younger sister? I forgot that. I haven’t met her anyways, and how can you be sure that I am single now?” – Choi Soo is surprised for a second, since he only knew Jung Hun through some coincidence when doing business.
“So you have girlfriend? Let’s meet up since I already have one accompanying me” – Jung Hun proudly claimed.
“Wow, only in an hour, I received a lot of new information. If I didn’t contact you, we might meet when you and Ji Yoon both have kids. Poor me!” – Choi Soo pats at himself, pretending to be pitiful.
“Stop it. I will introduce to you soon, just waiting”
“Ok, fine” – Choi Soo immediately returns to his cheerful side, which Jung Hun can only shakes his head in disbelief.

Jung Hun and Choi Soo keep drinking until past midnight. When Jung Hun already drunk, Choi Soo is also not as conscious as normal. He knows Jung Hun has driver today, so he asks the waiter outside to call his personal driver to take him home, then calling his dad: 

“Dad, can you call our family driver for me? I don’t think I can drive home now” – Choi Soo talked in his husky voice.
Mr Choi can realizes his son is quite drunk, so he just agrees: “Okay, I got it. Just stay there, don’t go anywhere, I will call someone to take you home”.

Ending the call, mr Choi decides to call a trustworthy person rather than a drive outside since he doesn’t want anything or any rumors happen to his son:

“Yoon Do ah, can you help me to pick up my son?”
“Yes? Yes, of course. Just text me the address, I will go right away” – The other replied immediately, with respect.
“Thank you, and I am sorry for disturbing at this hour. But my personal drive is having vacation now, and I don’t believe others” – mr Choi feels sorry for calling this late since he has not been his person driver anymore.
“It’s okay, I understand. I will take your son home safely”
“Okay, thank you once again”

Huh Yoon Do, used to be mr Choi’s driver, is a marketing manager now, hurriedly gets up to prepare going out. His wife is awake because of his sudden waken up:

“Where are you going at this hour? Is anything happened at the Company?”
“Ah, no, it’s nothing. The president just called, his son is drunk outside, he asked me to pick him up”
“I almost forgot that you are a manager now, you are like his driver” – Looking at the clock, the wife just said directly.
“It must be emergency, and he doesn’t have others to call. His son also helped us a lot before, so I should go” – Rather than persuading his wife, he is showing his determination to to.
“Okay, I don’t have any bad intentions. Be careful, it’s quite late now” – The wife smiles a bit to reassure her husband, while sending him off.
“I know. I will comeback soon” 

Mr Huh arrives at the destination in 30 minutes, he was taken to the VIP room. Only Choi Soo is remaining there, mr Huh quickly grabs his jacket, cellphone,… and helps him to the car. “He must have drink a lot” – mr Huh thought without any prejudice, he is sure that this young man will never do any bad except when others play dirty to him first. He then takes him back to his family villa, receiving the gratefulness from his parents. 

After taking Soo to his own room, Mr Choi stands beside his son bed, while mrs Choi is putting blanket on him.

“He drank too much, don’t know if it will have good results”
“He made it. But more than that, I just hope he had a good dinner with his friends” – Mr Choi patiently replied. He has the agreement with signature since Choi Soo immediately put this to his hands after calling him nonstop when arriving at home. His son solved the main problems for the Company these days, and even helps for several months later as well. He puts out a comfortable smile, feeling thankful again that he has a son like this. 

At the same day, Tae Young group, CEO office
6pm, Lee Jun is finishing reading the final documents about their new branch in South East Asia. There is a knock on the door, then his secretary Jae Han goes in:

“I am very sorry for disrupting you, however Mr. Jackson from Aven just called. He said he needed to meet you tomorrow” – Jae Han started carefully while observing his boss’s expression.
“For what? I remember I finished dealing with him 3 days ago” – Lee Jun looked up calmly, keeping his posture.
“He did not say clearly to me, he said his company president, Mr. Alex had decision on investing, however the conditions changed a bit so he wanted to discuss with you later” – Jae Han replied shortly with enough information.
“Do they think that we are their maid, call and abandon us whenever they like. I received call from CS group today, I will likely co-operate with them. Just tell Mr. Jackson that I don’t have time to meet him” – Lee Jun is a bit unhappy while saying the first sentence before deciding. He then returns to focus on documents in his hands.
“But… they are big name in construction industry while C.S now is mostly big in our country only, is it a dangerous move to reject them like that?” – After keeping silent for some seconds, Jae Han uses all his courage to ask again.
“Do you suspect my ability?” – Lee Jun slowly puts down the file, looking at his secretary directly.
“No, it’s not like that, CEO nim. I am just worried” – Jae Han suddenly is scary, since Lee Jun looks very dangerous now, and a small secretary like him of course doesn’t want to irritate him.
“C.S has a very high prestige in Korea about construction, and it’s easier for us to work with it since we know each other well and they are more dependable. But what more important is we are expanding in foreign country which C.S did and starts having good results now. We can learn from them, which is impossible with Mr. Alex as well as his company. In addition, whether we success or not, we will always have a stable position here, like a road to comeback” – Jae Han has followed him for more than 3 years, so Lee Jun somehow can understand his worry; therefore he slowly explained with a cold and low voice.
“Yes, I know, I will reject Mr. Jackson like you said” – Without any complain, Jae Han replied back. He is very thankful that his boss always teach him unofficially, even though he looks cold normally.

When he intends to walk out, Lee Jun asked:

“How about the leaking information incident that I told you to investigate 2 weeks ago?”
“The CCTV is erased completely, however based on check-in/check-out list, I reduced to 5 peoples & up to now, it’s mostly communication department, team 1 leader Oh Ji Ho”
“You know what I want Jae Han, I want the real criminal. What do you have?” – Lee Jun’s voice goes lower.
“Ah, I found out, his mother debt is paid usually by a foreign account. It was signed under his uncle name but mostly receive money from a Korean. It’s Ryu Seung Han – the secretary of K.H group president – Kang Jun Ho” – Jae Han told everything he has until now without delaying any second.
“Kang Jun Ho? What makes him want to mess with us though? I remember that company is quite different from us” – Lee Jun is trying to remember anything about this name.
“Yes, I am not sure. But he seems to buy a lot of source, and not only us, some other companies as well. I don’t know if it’s because of my excessive sensitivity, but Inalwo found out that they aims to a lot of big artists in entertainment industry, such as Wannabe” – Jae Han added cautiously since he feels like every time this group is mentioned, the CEO mostly will be scary.
“Wannabe? Finding out what they have, I give you 1 more week. That’s the final deadline, you must finish it” – Lee Jun ordered, looking directly at Jae Han.
“Yes sir” – Jae Han gets out right after, silently lets out a big sigh. His boss is angry now.

Meanwhile inside the room, Lee Jun sits silently, thinking. He now has one more trouble and of course it’s not easy. It’s true that he doesn’t care about his older brother, however when it’s related to his family and company, he cannot ignore it. No one can put either his family or the Company in danger, except if he personally wants. In other words, he is the one who have the right to destroy it whenever he wants.

 

P/s: I comeback again after a long long time, and very happy to see some new subcribers :D. I really had a long time to write the final version for this chapter. I think I will add some new character to make the love line here a bit more complicated,& sorry in advance if it's accidentally some characters you guys like in reality, but don't forget that it's my story anyway.

I will try to comeback soon, hoping to see all of your reactions/comments. Thank you a lot!

Some PTS image as usual also :)