6 - The reborn of stars

Destiny

Yoong’s pov
“It has been 1 week since we started our “holiday”. Just like others, I come back to our home. As much as I want to hide, it is still obvious to my dad that I am not ok. He tries to ask me several times with the hope that I can share something. However without realizing, I felt uncomfortable somehow and exploded at him. We really had a big fight the day before. Even though I felt regret on the next day, I don’t know what to do any more. The only solution I think of right now is running away. How funny, now I look like a thief that want to escape and erase the crime I made. Since that day, I always leave home early and comeback very late. And the place I come the most is the practice room. Trying to practice and forget everything. I even ask teacher to teach me about guitar, have another hobby is good too, especially at this time”.
Yoong comes back and forth between Company and house almost everyday. Even the trainees somehow feel strange since he only comes and practice alone. Almost of them can’t come near him either except for girls generation’s members, especially SeoHyun. But he seems to keep silent more, unlike normal. 
Today is the same. He saw some of other practicing and starts to pack up. Suddenly, SJ’s Kyu Hyun comes and persuade him to go together and meet some girls which are trainees. He knows that Kyu Hyun has some crush on one of them and try to find chance to “teach” them to get closer. But why he gets involved in this, and at this time. Aigoo, this huyng is really…
Finally, these two is going to meet them as a seniors and give some advice. They even buy some snacks for them. Actually Im Yoon heard a rumour that there is a new trainee that very beautiful but very chick at the same time. Others can not have the chance to talk to her yet, he is quite curious and thinks that it is a good chance to see. When they comes in, all seems very surprised and stopped right away. The atmosphere is quite awkward, he can not bear it so he starts some jokes and they can laugh a little, what a relief. When they are chatting happily, he saw the girl beside Seulgi – the girl Kuyhyun likes, she doesn’t talk much, and seems not very talkative with others. Maybe she is the one in the rumor, he has to admitted she is very beautiful, it is true. Her character is resemble with him in the past. It is hard to be familiar at first though, so he made a mask himself, as a happy and humorous person so no one can really know. They just thought he was a social butterfly.

9pm, they comebacks since SJ has meetings. Im Yoon decides to eat something before going home. “I should not go home early. The weather is good too, going for a walk is not bad”.  
Nowadays, he sometimes calls his huyng to see what they are doing. Yul and Soo huyng have short vacation with brother and sister. Taeng and Sun huyng stay at home. They all try various thing in their own way. I hope that the following week has a small light for all of us.

Time goes by and it’s the day for meeting. All Wannabe’s members gather at the company. They greet other colleagues and trainees for a while before starting private meeting. Mr Lee So Man with his secretary Kim Yong Min and other staffs coming in. It is longer than they thought and when it’s finished the first thing they know is one more chance and one more challenge. Some of them even give the company their own song written but only when they are “winner” in this race, those can be used. 

For 4 months, the song keeps being changed, even got into trouble with copyright. The schedule changed too. They think that at least the comeback in February is the fastest. However the Company pushes back and they need to make it before year ends. More than 10 hours a day, harder than the time prepare for debut. Comeback as a rookie, and let everyone knows who they are. During this time, they are closer to staff as well as other trainees since they met often at the Company. Making more friend is always good.

2 am
The melody that a lot of people in SM heard for a while starts again. And they knew that one certain group are practicing again. A small group of trainees even starts having more attention on them, mostly because of expectation. If they succeed, they can become not only role model but also ideal type for both girls and boys. We can called it hope somehow at the time when the word “kpop” is too small to everyone.

Wannabe received their official schedules for the album today. They have several plans after that depends on the results. The mv is ready and teaser starts drop since October 19, 2008. They had their first performance at music bank the day after mv released.. The night when it is official release, all of them don’t look at charts or internet since they are worried that they will feel disappointed, that is not good for first performance. 
As normal, they have to get up early and prepare for rehearsal. The staffs do not talk much, just say it is not bad. Wannabe now only focuses on the second start they had with small hope. There are small group of fans gather to cheer for them, that is only something quite different from the debut. And they feel happy thinking about this.

Unknown to them and others, after the first performance was broadcasted, the song somehow becomes a “phenomenon”. And the fairytale that rewrites korea’s music industry as well as all Wannabe’s life has started.

“Mirotic” is so popular at that time and the number of fandom keeps increasing. It is the first ever had in music industry, one group can make it big, even starts to spread outside one nation.