Chapter 21

Destiny

August 31st, 2015

Wannabe is preparing to go on stage for an event. It’s been a long time since the last time they attended festival in university. Wannabe has received a lot of cheers since the moment they appear on the stage. They perform 5 songs continuously with only 3 minutes talk in between. After returning to the waiting room, Wannabe see several gifts putting on the table; the managers said it was from students and school-boards. Soo and Yoon get closer to those boxes, glancing over it: 
     “I wonder what they gave us, the boxes are wrapped very nicely though” – Soo then choses one which has his name on to open after mumbling.
Meanwhile, there’s a small envelope that catches Yoon’s attention. It’s in blue, with a small picture of four-leaf clover on the outside. Even though he has a very strange feeling, he still reaches out and opens it slowly. His eyes are open widely right after reading the first sentence: “To my lovely Yoongie! Knowing that you are still doing well makes me feel reassured. I am happy that you are grown up very well without me. I miss you so much, my son. My health is getting worse these days, so I really want to meet you once before I die. I will wait for you everyday until you come. I don’t have a lot of time left, so please come to the following address and see me
      Yoon started shaking more as he read the letter, then dropping it right after finishing. He suddenly feels like strengthless. At that moments, Soo who is standing beside him is looking up sees their maknae keeps trembling with eyes opens widely. He asked worriedly: “Yoong ah, what’s wrong with you? Are not not feeling well?”
       Receiving no responses from the other, Soo raises his voice after tapping slightly at Yoon: “Yah, don’t scare me. Answer me, what’s wrong?” Other members as well as staffs inside the room also turn their head to look at them curiously. Taeng immediately goes next to Yoon after sensing something wrong, using the gentle voice: “Yoong ah?”
        When all people give Yoon their full attention, Lee Sun feels that he just steps on something while going closer to them. He then looks at the floor and sees a letter which is already opened. He picks it up to read and is being shocked after realizing who wrote it. He gasps and tries to hold back his surprise while reading. After finishing, he passes it to Taeng without saying anything. Taeng looks at it curiously then also reading it after seeing Sun’s reaction. One by one, Wannabe members finally know what happened. Sun is the first person to go next to Yoon and hugging him tightly: “It’s ok, Yoong ah. You know you have us, right? You can tell us everything whenever you want.” On the other side, Yoon is standing still, doesn’t react to what Sun said, a tear drops unconsciously while his eyes are still open widely. When other members intend to reassure him, he suddenly breaks the hug, speaking softly: “I am ok, don’t worry huyng. Let’s go now”. He grabs his package and go straight to the van outside after saying.
        Im Yoon doesn’t say anything more until they arrive at their dorm. He goes straight into his room, leaving others watching behind: “Poor him. It must be a shocking experience. Haizzz!” – Sun said while coming in with s.
       Taeng is the last one entering the apartment. He looks at Yoon’s room for a while before turning away.  
9pm, Taeng receives a new message from Irene asking if Yoon is ok. He hesitates whether to tell her or not. He presses the call button and waits for her answer:

“Hello?”
“Hello, it’s me Irene ah”
– Taeng calmly answered.
“Hello, oppa. I am sorry for disturbing you at this time” – Irene replied back softly, she seemed to be sorry for bothering him.
“No, it’s ok. I was just watching TV. Where are you now?” – He reassured her with a comfortable attitude.
“I am on my way to the dorm from Incheon airport” – Irene spoke honestly.
“Oh, I see. You must be tired” – Taeng’s voice was a bit strange, because he is still hesitant, especially after hearing that she just came back.
Through the phone, Irene can sense that he is hesitant about something. “Is anything happened, oppa? I actually texted Yoon oppa before getting on the plane, however he hasn’t answered back until now. He hasn’t been like this before, so I am a bit worried”. 
Irene went straight to the point, sounding very worried. That was when Taeng decided to tell her what happened this afternoon:
“Well, it’s true that something happened. I think I should tell you. This afternoon, among the gifts we received after an event, there was a letter sent to Yoong. It was from his mother, as it was written. From what I see, it must be true and he hasn’t said anything since then. That’s why we are more worried about his condition now”
Irene is silent for a while before talking back: “Where is him now, oppa?”
“He is inside his room at the dorm, with us.”
“Ok, I got it. Thank you oppa.”
“Nothing. It’s my pleasure.”

Ending the call, Irene is looking outside the window, mediating: “What should I do? He must be very confused and tired right now.”

9:30 pm, inside Yoon’s room

Yoon wakes up with sweat all over his body because of the dream he just had. He saw a 7-year-old boy running after a woman who just got in a black car, crying and calling nonstop: “Don’t go, mommy”. However the woman never turned back, the car is going far away from him even though he tried his best to run. That little boy soon fell into the road and fainted. That was when he woke up. Thanks to the letter this afternoon, he had that nightmare once again, remembering all the memories that he thought he already forgot. Taking a sip of water, he saw a notification of new messages from his girlfriend, with the last message received only 20 minutes ago: “Oppa, are you sleeping?”. He looks at the clock before calling her: 
“Huyn ah, am I disturbing you?” – He spoke first with a tired voice.
“No, oppa. I am not doing anything now. Your voice is a bit hoarse, how are you? Are you sick?” – Irene replied back, still gently like normal.
“No, I am just tired because of the weather. I am sorry for not replying your message earlier. Coming back from Thailand must be tired, isn’t it?” – He tried to sound better in order not to make her worry too much.
“Yes, but I am also happy. It’s a rare chance, you know” – Irene smiled lightly while talking back which Yoon could imagine it by hearing to her voice. At the same time, he also felt like she knew something, therefore he just asked her:
“Uhm… Do you have free time tomorrow?”
“Me? I will go to the company in the morning to discuss with our choreography teacher, then I am free in the afternoon. What’s wrong, oppa?” – She remembered the schedule she received today, answering him in detail.
“I want to watch the sunset, with you. Is it ok?” – He offered carefully.
“Ok. I got it. What time should we meet?” – She responded right after, knowing that he needs her at these time.
“Uhm… let’s see. I will ask the manager to take you to a bus terminal, I will pick you up there at 2pm.” – He thought for a bit about how to be convenient for her.
“I got it. See you soon, and good night, oppa” – Irene sounded brighter, trying to help him feel better. Understanding her intention, Yoon also said with a small smile which made his voice to be better than some minutes ago:
“Good night, our Joo Hyun!” 

September 1st 2015, Im Yoon is waiting for Irene inside his black car. 15 minutes later, he saw a van parking near his one. He quickly opened the door to see Irene wearing a simple shirt with a jean and a baseball cap, greeting him with a sweet smile: “Hi, oppa.”

“Hi” – He naturally let out a smile when meeting her.
“So where are we going to go now?” – She asked after fastening her seat belt.
“Uhm, the beach. You will know when we get there” – Yoon talked mysteriously, then starting the engine.
Irene raises one of her brow doubtfully then replying: “Ok, let’s go now.”
While driving, the two are chatting happily about what happened these days. Irene even told him all experiences she had when being in Thailand for one day, including the foods she likes and hate the most there. He mostly just listens to her and smile while focusing on driving.

5pm, they arrive at Sokcho. The sun is going down, creating a very beautiful scenery of the beach. Yoon and Irene are just sitting inside the car. Seeing the wonderful scene, Irene hurriedly takes out her phone to capture the sky, exclaiming: “Ah, it’s beautiful”. She stops for a second to watch it closely before continuing: “Since I already talked a lot today, it’s your turn now, oppa.”

Yoon slowly turn to his right, looking at Irene who is still looking at the beach. He then also returns to watch the beach before replying with a sad voice: “My wish came true yesterday. That was one of the forgotten wishes of mine.”
       Hearing him stop talking, Irene turns to look at him and patiently waits for him to continue. She knows, he must be very confused and tired now: “And?”
“My mother sent me a letter yesterday, said that she was sick and wanted to meet me. She is back, finally, only after 16 years” – He stops for a minute again, it looks like he is trying to hold back his emotion: “I don’t know if I should be happy or not”. Yoon looks down after saying the last sentence with a smaller voice.
       Irene reaches out to hold his right hand tightly, using her softest voice to talk to him: “You miss her a lot, don’t you? So don’t think too much, it might be a good thing for you”
      “I hope so, however it just feels strange. Even though she’s my mother, I haven’t met her for more than 10 years. Whenever I hear the word “mother”, it only reminds me of one thing: her back. No matter how much I called, she never turns back to look at me, even once.”
         His voice is shaking, his eyes is getting red, and she knows he’s hurt. Her eyes are also a bit red, knowing that he must have gone through a lot: “Oppa, look at me.” She waits for him to turn around before continuing: “You are a good person, so no matter what will happen, you will be fine. You have your dad, Wannabes members, your fans and a lot of people who are by your side, including me. So I hope you can promise me that you will never suffer alone, just find someone to talk, can you?”
        Yoon stares at Irene lovingly and gives out a smile after realizing how much she is worried about him and how much efforts she uses to comfort him. He knows she also tried her best earlier to make him feel better. He gently pulls her closer for a hug: “I promise. Thank you a lot. I think I am too lucky to have you by my side.”
        Irene raises her arms to wrap around him, responds to his hug while saying: “Thank to you, I feel lucky too. And thank you a lot for today. I like this beautiful beach a lot”
         After freeing the hug, the couple continues to watching the sunset for a while. Since there are only about 3 people around here, Yoon suggests them to get out of the car. After wearing hats, they are now hands on hands walking along the beach. Finding a spot to sit down, Irene takes a deep breath to enjoy the cool breeze while closes her eyes. 

“What do you want to eat now, Huynie?” – Knowing that it’s getting late, Yoon initially asked first.
“Uhm… I don’t know” – She replied with eyes close.
“Let me search for a good restaurant here” – He took out his phone to search for good place. When focusing on the phone, he continues asking: “Do you have schedules tomorrow?”
“Yes, I have. Red Velvet will release album soon, so I am very busy these days.” – Irene is now sitting closer to Yoon, looking at his phone screen while answering.
“Oh, so how about having dinner in Seoul? We should go back soon for you to rest” – This time he lifts his face up, looking at Irene and she also looks back at him.
“Up to you, oppa. I am ok with anything” – Irene smiled brightly.
“So let’s go now.” Yoon spread out his hand to help Irene to stand up, then heading straight to “My sweet” – the restaurant opened by Hong Suk Chun, a close friend of Yoon as well as Wannabe.
“Suk Chun oppa? Well I think he will hate me, although I haven’t met him” – Irene said with a playful expression, leaving Yoon wonder what she meant:
“Huh?”
Irene smile lightly watching Yoon’s curious face: “He likes men as I know. And he will like you more than me for sure.”
“Ah, hahahaha. Don’t worry, he actually is nicer than when being on TV. And the most important thing is that he doesn’t love me that way, just like a friend” – Yoon let out the most comfortable laugh today, showing his relaxation.
“Ok, let’s see if you say the truth” – Irene nodded her head after hearing from Yoon, expecting a warm dinner with her boyfriend.
When the two arrive at the restaurant, Suk Chun already arranged a private room, welcoming them with a big smile. Irene is also getting closer to the restaurant owner, finding him to be a good friend. Unexpectedly, these two are getting along well, different from what Yoon expected.

September 3rd, in the practice room inside SM building

Today Seulgi will have a practice with Kwon Yul only, preparing for special stage on MBC program. She arrives early on purpose in order to warm up her body first. Kwon Yul is 15 minutes later than her, therefore, when he arrives, he saw Seulgi standing in front of the mirror, focus on her warming-up movement. He unconsciously lets out a smile, recalling her image as a trainee years ago: “She’s still the same, how cute”. 
“What are you watching, mr Kwon?”
Kwon Yul is surprised to the voice beside, he turns around to see a familiar figure – Shim Jae Won, one of the choreographers of SM.
“Huyng, I may faint if you keep doing that every time we meet” – Yul put his right hand in his heart, showing his “surprise”.
“I just want to tell you that I came, and you should not look at her fondly like that if you don’t want others to know” – Jae Won patted lightly on Yul’s shoulders, showing his empathy.
“I just remember some good memories when seeing her long time ago, not to that extend” – Yul wiped Jae Won hands off his shoulders, glancing over him.
“Only you know if it’s at that extend or not. Now, let’s go and practice” – Jae Won gestured Yul to come in, smiling brightly and going first.
Yul is following JaeWon to go inside the room. As soon as Seulgi sees them, she greets immediately while bowing her head to 90 degree. The practice starts by watching a video, Jae Won wants these two to catch up on the feeling before learning steps one by one. 

After 3 hours, Yul and Seulgi already master the dance, which make Jae Won is very satisfying.
“Ok, let’s rest a bit now” – Jae Won clapped his hands excitedly with a happy smile.
Hearing the teacher notice, Seulgi is leaning against the wall, calming her breath. Meanwhile, Yul is going to the corner and taking 2 bottles of water. He gives one to Seulgi with a friendly smile: “Do you want some water?”
“Ah, thank you oppa.” – Seulgi received with two hands, smile lightly.
Seeing the two lovely people in front of him, Jae Won starts teasing: “Am I invisible? Why don’t you give me water, Yul ah?”
Yul turns his back, with a pretending sarcastic expression: “Well, mr Shim. As far as I remember you only danced 10 times lesser than us, so of course you will have enough strength to take the water, won’t you?”
“Haizz, such an devil kid. I always lost to you guys. Wannabe is very scary. Be careful, Seulgi ah” – Jae Won playfully shrugged his shoulders, pretending to be a scaredy-cat.
At the same time, Seulgi just comfortably laughs after seeing Jae Won’s expression, knowing that these two are just kidding: “Yes, oppa.”
“Don’t believe him, Seulgi. He is the real devil, always so harshly scolding us.” – Yul still retorted, didn’t want to end it easily.
“ Oppa, you two are really… I am really powerless” – Seulgi shook her head slowly, ending these joke with a smile afterwards, along with Yul and Jae Won.

Feeling hungry, three of them decide to call some foods earlier and now are sitting down after fried chicken arrived, eating and chatting at the same time:
“It’s been a long time right? I can’t remember the last time I sat with you guys like this” – Jae Won started first.
“That’s right. A comfortable feeling.” – Yul nodded, agreed with Jae Won.
“That’s the reason sometimes I feel happy because you guys are great singer, however sometimes I feel sad too, because I can’t meet you guys casually like before.” – Jae Won titled his head, showing a sad face like a small kid.
“Ah, huyng. You are moody again, is that how you are when getting older?” – Yul , giving him a little push.
“Yah, be careful. I can make you practice over night” – Jae Won warned Yul “seriously” after hearing him mention about age.
“Ah, scary. I was just kidding huyng. You won’t do that to us, will you? We are really good kids though, right Seulgi?” – Yul immediately showed a pathetic expression, reaching out to ask for help from Seulgi.
“Oppa, I think you will be the one who has to practice overnight, not me. I didn’t say anything.” – Seulgi just shrugged her shoulders, then smiled brightly.
“Ok, ok. It’s my fault. Huyng, think of it as my apology, can you?” – Yul held up both of his hands above his head, then politely gave a large piece of fried chicken to Jae Won with the most apologetic expression he has.
“Okay, okay, just stop showing that expression. Got it. We are fine now” – Jae Won stops smiling after turning his head to look at Seulgi: “Seulgi ah, say something. You are being too silent.”
“Yeh? Ah, I just feel interesting watching you two. It’s a good time in a while.” – Seulgi immediately let out a smile after hearing her name.
“Why? Is there anything bothers you these days?” – Jae Won asked her worriedly while Yul just looked at her, feeling that she has troublesome these days.
“It’s not that serious. I just try my best as usual, however it’s tired sometimes.” – Seulgi didn’t even hide her worry since she is now with the people she is close with.
“Uhm, I got it. I have been here for a long time, then what I have seen is every famous singer has their own problems, mostly because of stress they received from others.” – Jae Won sincerely talked.
“I know, oppa” – Seulgi replied nonchalantly.
Yul has been watching Seulgi carefully for a while, thinking that she must need some advice now. Therefore, he just shares some words in a normal and warm voice: “Working hard is very good, however you can’t work too hard, Seulgi ah. I was like you before, wanting everything to be perfect. Sometimes, I even stayed up all night for a couple dance steps if I thought it was necessary. However, I then gradually realize if I can harmonize my hard-working process with my comfortable mind, it’s okay even if I make mistakes. Because we are only humans”. Yul keep smiling while holding a cup of water. Seulgi looks at him, and she clearly feels his sincerity when saying this since she even saw some sadness through his eyes while recalling the past. He is always nice to her, since she was a trainee until now, like a friend and a brother, that’s what makes her to be thankful the most. She looks up and then smiling widely when thanking him: “It’s good to know that there is someone who used to have the similar things to me. I don’t know if it’s because I have been here for so long, however you are one among people that give me a lot of good advice. Thank you oppa”.
“Well, I am older than you, and we are colleagues, so I am very happy to help if you need. Fighting!”
– Yul held up his fists, making the encouraging action to Seulgi, in which she replied back similarly with a brighter expression.
“Ah, sometimes you really feel like a different person, not the playful boy I know before” – Jae Won rested his head on his hands, using his low voice.
“Well, I am still being playful, huyng. Do you forget that I am “KkapYul” who has AB blood type. It’s not normal anyway” – Yul showed some “strange” move, then winking playfully at Jae Won.
“Right, not normal. And stronger than before” – Jae Won put out a wide smile watching the dance and mischievous face expression from Yul.
“That’s right. I used to be weaker than this, but time is a good thing for us to grow. I already went through the hardest time in 2010-2011, when my group faced the worst time ever. I started blaming myself and was discouraged. When attending a fansign for our unit in 2011, when going in toilet, I accidentally heard the conversation between two people. They talked about me, and the thing that left the most impression for me is how they said they hated me without specific reasons, it was just that. However, 15 minutes later, there was a fan giving me a letter, confessed how she overcame her illnesses because of me. That was when I realized no matter what I try, people who hate me won’t love me, and people who love me may be hurt if I keep being discouraged. If I collapsed, only people who love me will be hurt. So in conclusion, I will work hard for myself, my fans and people who love me. For those haters, I just watched it like a drama on TV. So my motivation has changed to: Be confident, like you are now and just look at good things, then you will be fine.”
Seulgi listened carefully to everything Yul said, and she is sympathetic to him. After seeing his relief smile, she also lets out a smile: “I think I need to learn from you later, oppa. Being more confident and comfortable”.
“You can do it well, like how you overcame your problems before debuting” – Yul’s eyes sparkled, encouraging Seulgi without saying much.
JaeWon has been hearing this carefully, feeling very happy, seeing them talking comfortably. He then stands up, clapping his hands: “Now, emotional time ended. Now it’s time to go back to practice, my two superstars.”
Seulgi and Yul are looking at each other, then replying at the same time with a happy faces: “Yes, teacher-nim”

September 6th 2015, at a small coffee in Insadong

Yoon is going upstairs, to the room number 2. Her mother is waiting for him there. Opening the door, he saw a woman wearing a black coat. She only focused on the cup and looked down, not caring about what happened around. Yoon hesitates for some seconds before deciding to talk first politely: “Hello”
The woman looks up, her eyes quickly get tearful, she answers with a shaking voice: “H…Hello. Sit down, Yoong ah. What do you want for drink?”
Yoon’s body becomes a little stiff hearing that name from his mother after almost 15 years, however he keeps the distance as before and uses formal language: “I already ordered orange juice”

“Ah, is that so? Uhm… How are you nowadays?” – The woman continued with a friendly attitude.
“As you see, I am still healthy” – Yoon still kept a straight face while answering.
“I am sorry, Yoong ah. I know you must hate to hear that, however that’s the only thing I can say now. I am really sorry” – She almost cried, looking down and showing her pitiable appearance.
Yoong can’t keeps his mind right this time, he gets emotional and wants to burst into anger, however he only uses his lowest voice in order to keep patient: “What took you so long to meet me, mrs Kang?”
Kang Huyn Ji – Yoon’s mother feels like being stabbed in her heart, listening to how her son called her: “Yoong ah, I thought that I should not bother you since you already had a good life. I always follow you, watching every time you have appeared on TV. I just don’t have encouragement to meet you earlier”
“So let’s be honest, what’s the reason for meeting me now?” – He looked up, talking shortly with an emotionless face.
“I … I just want to see you before I die” – She shuttered, feeling sorry to him.
“What? Die? What do you mean?” – He was surprised, but trying to be calm to continue he talk.
“I have been sickened for several years, and only have a few months more. It’s Leukemia” – She spoke honestly.
“L…Leukemia? Then where were your husband and son?” – Yoon raised his voice a bit, staring at her to wait for her answer.
“They have lost a lot of money because of me, I don’t want to be their burden anymore” – She finally cried, putting hands on in order to hold back her bursting out.
For about 15 minutes, both of them keep silent . Each one has their own thought: while Yoon seems to be very confused and doesn’t know what to do, his mother seems to have something to say. She carefully speaks after thinking hard: “I know I am a bad mother, and I don’t have the rights to ask for your help. However, can you help me one thing, Yoong ah?”
Looking at his mother, Yoon starts to be weakened: “What’s that?”
“Can…Can you help my family? We needs an amount of money in order to live and help my son’s career, but me and my husband are running out of money, so if you…”
The anger is filling inside Yoon, he can’t hold it anymore so he suddenly stands up and talks loudly: “What? Are you out of your mind? I can understand if you want me to help you with your sickness since you are my mother no matter how I tried to deny. But all you care in the end is still your current family, like years ago. You only need that boy with your new husband. You are really incredible mrs Kang” 
“No, it’s not that. I didn’t mean that, Yoong ah…” – mrs Kang tried to hold Yoon hands, but he already moved far away from her.
“No need to say anything now. It’s enough, never contact me again. I will never meet you again”.
Yoon turned his body to leave right after finishing talking. Watching her son preparing to walk away, mrs Kang suddenly goes over to his side, kneeling down on the floor and grabbing his hands tightly: “I am begging you Yoon ah. Just one last time, I will receive all the punishments as long as you help me. You are my son, so you won’t reject me right?”
Yoon is getting angrier and angrier seeing what his mother did now: “Only now that you remember that you have me as your son” – Yoon smirked before continuing: “I clearly told you, mrs Kang. Don’t call me again”
He shrugged lightly and walking out as fast as possible while holding back his tears. He puts on the cap and the mask, getting into his car and driving fast.

He wanders around without specific reasons, then stops beside the Han river, parking there for several hours. When he looks at his watch again, it’s already 8pm. He grabs his phone, go through his contacts. He can’t think of anyone now, stopping at his girlfriend number, but soon change to press another number, no one answers: “Taeng huyng must be busy inside studio now”. When he tends to call another person, the screen appears a person calling: “Huynie”. He accepted it after a few seconds:
“Oppa, where are you now?” – Irene spoke first on the line.
Yoong hasn’t said anything for a minute, which makes Irene to be more worrying: “Oppa?”
“Uhm. I’m here. I am outside now so it’s a bit hard to listen to you. What are you dong now? Did the practice go well?” He tries his best to be calm, however, his voice is shaking a bit, and Irene knows he must be crying which barely happened for a long time.
“I am fine, as usual. And I just finished my practice, we end it sooner than yesterday. Oppa, where are you now? Is something happened?” – She talked with a soft voice like usual, caring about his condition.
Yoon knows that she noticed his strange attitude: “Did I show it too clearly?”
“No, you hid it too well, that’s why I knew. So do you want to talk about it?”
Irene doesn’t hear anything for 5 seconds, but when she intends to talk again, she hears a small whisper from the other side: “I miss you”. That means he really needs her now. “Oppa, where are you? I haven’t eaten a proper meal since 11 am. Let’s have dinner together”
“I am in front of Han river now. These days are sensitive for you, we shouldn’t be caught anyway. I will be fine soon, don’t worry Huynie” – Yoon didn’t want his girlfriend to be in trouble when she will likely have a comeback soon.
“Then just listening to me, oppa. Coming back to your apartment, I will be there, ok?”
Yoon has to agree to his girlfriend after hearing her determination through the phone, knowing that he shouldn’t make her to be “angry”: “Ok, I got it. Tell Jin Kyu huyng to take you there. It’s dangerous for you to go alone at this time”
“I know. You have to go back safely too, I will meet you there”
“Ok”
Ending the call, Yoon drives to his villa inside UN VILLAGE in Hannam, Seoul. After arriving, he saw a meal preparing in the dining room. The helper seemed to prepare it since he called her before going back. However he doesn’t feel hungry, so he just takes a drink from the refrigerator and goes to the living room.

15 minutes later, he heard the doorbell ring. He opens the door to see his girlfriend wearing a training clothes with a cap on. She smiles at him then naturally comes in before him. 
“Ah, I am very hungry now. Do you have anything to eat oppa?” – She put her bag in the sofa, asking him.
“Yes, a lot. Mrs Jang prepared it after knowing that we’d be coming back here.” – He answered while following her.
Noticing Yoon walking slowly, Irene then stops, turning back to grab his hands and pull him to the dinner table: “Then let’s eat now”
“Ah, my teokbokki!!!” – Irene exclaimed with a high tone voice.
Yoon suddenly smiles brightly while seeing Irene being super happy just because of the food: “As expected, mrs Jang really remembers your taste very well” – Yoon also sat down in front of Irene, smiles lightly.
The two then starts eating without talking much. Only after about 20 minutes, Irene decides to ask Yoon: “I think you won’t say anything if I don’t start first. So do you want to say anything now oppa?”
Yoon doesn’t look up, he still looks down on the food, grabbing a piece of teokbokki while talking: “I met my mom today. It’s the first time in 15 years” - He stops for several seconds, while Irene still keeps silent, he continues: “She told me that she was very sick now because of Leukemia. However when I just wants to let her know that I will forget what happened and help her now, she just begged me to give her money to help her son with the new husband now. How ridiculous I am when thinking that she came back because she missed me as her son” – Yoon laughs at himself when saying the last sentence. It’s so painful to see him like that, Irene just moves to sit beside him. She hugs him and saying: “Oppa, don’t overthink it. She is sick now, and she must have missed you a lot. However she doesn’t have anyone who can help her now, that’s why she asked for your help”
“I know I am selfish but I just can’t help it. I want to meet her, and at the same time, I don’t want” – He rested his head on her shoulders, closing his eyes.
“You will know what to do, I am sure. Because you are a trong man” – She keeps the same position, trying to comfort him.
After some minutes, Yoon breaks the hug but doesn’t say anything. Irene looks straight at him and asking: “Oppa, how are you feeling now?”
“Better, thanks to you” – He answered with a small smile which makes Irene to feel assured a bit. When she stands up to clean the table, Yoon still fixes his eyes on her every movement, then calling slowly: “Huynie ah”. She turns her head right after hearing her name: “Huh?”
“I even cried in front of you, so I hope you can be comfortable with me and tell me anything, especially your tiredness. Don’t keep it for yourself, or else it will make me to feel that I am nothing but a burden to you” – Yoon sincerely said, standing up to help in cleaning the table.
“What do you mean oppa? I am completely fine, like what you see now” – She spread her hands, showing a expression to prove that she is completely fine.
“Am I not trustworthy to you?” – Yoon still used the same tone as the previous sentence, looking at her sadly.
Irene looks at his face, that’s when she sees herself in his eyes. He never takes his eyes off her and even if she doesn’t want to admit, he knows her quite well: “Do you know that sometimes I just hope you are not too intelligent and delicate like this, oppa”
She then sits down, still fixing her eyes on him before going on: “I just have a lot of thoughts these days oppa. I am worried about this comeback, wondering if we can do well. I want people to recognize us by talents, since the thing I heard frequently from them was that we are talentless, being successful because we are under SM,… For me, I am just look like a beautiful and talentless girl or a cold person. I am a leader but it seems I cannot do anything”
Yoon reaches out for Irene’s hands while sitting down, holding it together before confessing: “Huyn ah, do you remember what I used to tell you when you were a trainee? I always heard things like “I only have a handsome face” a lot before, especially when Wannabe just debuted. For 3 years, I was always working very hard, and when I finally had success as both a singer and an actor, I thought that there would be no one who can say those kinds of things to me. But I was wrong, there were a number of people thought of me exactly like how they did 3 years ago. At that time, I asked a lot of people to get over my stress, however no one can help me completely. Then I finally found an answer by myself: There will always have people who don’t recognize me even if I am the number one in this world. That’s how life is”
“I know, oppa. I just ignored it a lot of times before, but now I cannot seem to get over it easily” – She looked down on their hands, lowering her head.
Yoon used his patience to persuade her: “What they said cannot change the truth, including your personality and talents, Huynie ah. Believe me, those words will only make you to become stronger as time goes by. You have your family, your members, your friends and your fans are always supporting and loving you. You only need to look at them whenever you are tired, and it will be fine. And you can always tell me anything, I will listen to you anytime you need. I will be by your side, ok?”
Irene just nods and smile while seeing the concern in his eyes. He also smile following her then gently putting a kiss on the back of her hands: “So have you still listened to Lee Young Hyun and JeA’s “Harmony” these days?”
“Yes, occasionally, not frequently”
“I hope I can replace that song one day. You know? I am one year older than you, so you can always ask for my advice” – He titled his head, then forming an eyes smile while seeing Irene nodding slowly.
“But do you know? When I first met you, you was really scary, without saying anything” – He continued, using the playful voice.
Irene changes her expression, glaring lovingly at him: “Do you want to die?”
“Hahaha, your dialect is so cute, I should go and learn soon, in order to understand more when you use that” – Yoon laughed comfortably after hearing her Daegu dialect.
“It will not easy, oppa. But I can teach you if you want” – Irene still used her dialect, smile mischievously.
“Ok. I will listen to you, teacher-nim. Now, let’s get up, I will take you home” – He put out his right hand, waiting for her to grab it.
“How about the dishes?” – She asked back while holding onto his hand and standing up.
“I will do it later. You need to rest to prepare for tomorrow, let’s go” – He hurriedly grabbed her belongings as well as his car key.
Yoon keeps holding Irene’s hands and pulling her out of his home until they are inside the car. When they arrive at her dorm, he waits until she disappears from his eyes and coming in safely before driving back.

September 8th 2015, at mr Kim Do Hoon birthday party 

Mr Kim only invited some people who are close to him to this party. He normally doesn’t hold a birthday party, however since his feelings this year is getting better, he decided to do one with his close colleagues. There are musicians inside RBW as well as 2 managers and MAMAMOO. He is now waiting for another special one to appear, mumbling to himself: “He said he would be coming soon. I wonder when will he come”
“What did you say, Do Hoon?” - Park Woo Sang who is sitting beside mr Kim asked him.
“Nothing. There is still one more guest who hasn’t come. I just think about calling him” – He shook his head, reaching out to his phone.
“One more? I thought all are here” – Mr Park asked curiously.
The door is opened, revealing a young guy with a small box. He greets everyone while going closer to the main character today: “Huyng, hello. I am sorry for being late. The recording was longer than I thought. And happy birthday, this is a small gift for you” – Taeng gave mr Kim a gift by 2 hands.
“Since when did you are too formal to me? I am happy as long as you come. Sit down here” – A bright smile can be seen on CEO Kim face after realizing who came.
Taeng then sits beside mr Kim. They are actually at the middle of the table, with MAMAMOO members sitting in the opposite side. He greets them as well and having a happy dinner while chatting with some beside. Taeng only drank one small glass to congratulate on mr Kim birthday, then using coke while observing others drinking. He noticed Wheein being quite happy while drinking a lot with others. He tried to prevent her several times because of being worried about her health.
“Don’t worry, she is fine. It’s been a long time since we last drank like this. You should learn to drink more if you are still her boyfriend” – Mr Kim comforted Taeng while tapping him.
“My drinking capacity is not bad, I just don’t want to drink too much. And It seems that she’s happy and tired at the same time, so I am a bit worried” – His eyes never left her while answering mr Kim.
“Everyone is like that, each works have its own difficulty. You have too, don’t you? However I heard that you are taking care of her well and being careful, I am satisfied with that” – mr Kim had a proud expression like a father, which anyone can feel that he cares about MAMAMOO as well as Wheein a lot.
“Have you followed us? Ah, so scary” – Taeng replied with “scared” face in order to lift up the mood.
“A bit. I am a CEO, I cannot ignore it” – mr Kim played along with him, replying with a straight face.
Then two guys are laughing out loud, catching attention from others. They start to make the CEO to drink more while Taeng busily catch up with MAMAMOO and other musicians sitting near him.
10:30pm, the party is finally over. While the CEO used his own car with a driver, most of them grab a taxi to go home. Taeng decided to make sure that MAMAMOO will go home safely since their managers are already drunk. Wheein and Hwasa will go with him while MoonBuyl and Solar go by taxi. He follows the taxi closely and make sure that they all arrive safely.

A day after, Taeng receives a message from his girlfriend in the morning: “I was drunk last night so I cannot say goodbye properly. Sorry oppa. And thank you a lot. HyeJin said you even carried me to the room and make sure my members are safe. Love you 😍. Did you go home safely yesterday?”
Taeng is happy reading the message. Even though there were a lot of people, he was very happy to see her and other people there. She seemed to be happy so he was too. He texts her back immediately after finishing reading: “I got home safely, don’t worry. Remember to drink a cup of warm water and eat a lot”. He presses the send button then looking out, he saw 2 people are standing in the balcony outside. He naturally goes outside to greet them:

“What made you two to wake up so early today? I wonder what’s so interesting here that make you two to watch continuously?”
The two boys turn their head at the same time with small greeting: “Morning”. Yoon waits for Taeng to stand next to them before answering: “I just think the view is so peaceful, and I asked Yul huyng to be here together”
“You should just go outside for a walk. The air is very refreshing” – Taeng suggested, looking to the scenery with them.
“Unfortunately, we are not as lucky as you are, having a lot of happiness in the morning” – Yul used his specific playful voice, like how he used during their Japan tour, adding by his pouting which makes the remaining boys want to play along.
“Ah, really? So do you want me to help you go out with some one? The person whose name started by “S”” – Taeng immediately threw back to , then laughing out loud with Yoon beside.
“You two always use it to make fun of me, haizzz. Be careful, I will revenge later” – Yul raised his fists, putting nearer to people beside, playfully warning them.
“We will wait. Don’t worry” – Still smiling, Taeng replied.
The smile never left their faces since the beginning of the conversation. They are always feel comfortable and happy together.
“Huyng, I think I will ask for at least two weeks off at the end of this month. I already told Sun huyng and Soo huyng.” – Yoon talked after calming down from laughing.
“So you decide to do it, don’t you?” – Taeng asked to confirm again.
“Yes, huyng. She doesn’t have a lot of time left, and I cannot stay still anyway” – Yoon had an unreadable expression, mixing with sad, tired and worry.
“Has she known it?” - Yul joined in.
“No, I ask mr Ahn – my father secretary to keep the secret. I even contacted the doctor who is Taeng’s huyng friend to make sure that my mother won’t know who gives her the bone marrow. After finishing, she won’t have any connection with me anymore” – Yoon looked at a place far away with an emotionless face.
“I got it. I agree that saving her is the right thing to do so just do what you want” – Taeng agreed, tapping on his hands while Yul nodded and tapped on his shoulders, saying: “Me too”
“Thanks huyng” – Yoon sincerely replied to their kindness and understanding.

September 9th 2015, Red Velvet drops first full-length album The Red with the title song called “Dumb dumb”. This song helps them to have triple crown for a lot of music shows, proving their real abilities as singers.

September 19th, Red Velvet just arrived at their dorm after fan sign. Irene lets all the members take the shower first. She now is sitting at the living room waiting for her turn. Looking at the presents from fans, she decided to open it while waiting. There are a lot of things that fans give her, among those, a purple envelope with a box of chocolate from Japan caught her attention. She remembered it from Ji Won unnie again. Irene opens the envelope, revealing a letter: “Hello, it’s me. How are you nowadays? I hope you can take care of your health since the weather is quite hot these days. I have a small gift from Japan, hope you will like it. I will follow your activities for Dumb Dumb, fighting! Ps: Even though I thought it was cute, you should remember to bring your micro when performing ”. The handwriting is clean and good. The content is the same as the previous one, simple and short. In addition, he knows her small accident, which means he cares a lot about her, that’s why she smiles happily holding the letter. Right after Irene finishes reading the letter, she saw Seulgi coming out and naturally sitting next to her.

“Is it from Yoon oppa? He still sent gifts through his sister, didn’t he?” Seulgi continues after seeing Irene nodding: “Which country is it from this time? I remembered you received things from a lot of places such as USA, France,…”
“It’s Japan. He is really busy wrapping up some scheduled work before receiving the surgery in 6 days” – Irene put down the letter, looking at Seulgi while answering.
“He is really a nice person, unnie. Always taking care of you despite busy schedules. I hope you two will last long.” – Glancing at the gift, Seulgi used her cutest smile facing Irene.
Irene is biting her lips, thinking carefully. Actually, she is very scared, what will happen if they get caught now: “I don’t know. I think I am being too selfish. I am a leader, however I may destroy everything because of my personal greed.”
“Aigoo, don’t think too much unnie. We are always supporting you, moreover every thing will be fine since I know you will always be careful.” Seulgi formed a wide smile on her face, making Irene to feel more comfortable.
“Yeah, I hope so. I’d better take a shower now, so much sweat earlier.” – Irene quickly changed to her normal expression, standing up after talking, being ready to leave.
“Ok, unnie. Please sleep early, good night!” – Seulgi also stood up to find something to eat after wishing her sister a good night.
“Good night, our bear” – Irene waved her right hand while going straight to her room, not turning back.

September 20th 2015, in the morning, one of the biggest online news page Naver uploaded news articles which caught a lot of attention from people: “Forcing his mother to bend down, is Wannabe Im Yoon an impious person?”. They also used several pictures from their meeting a couple days ago at a cafeteria. The news rapidly become the most viewed news in 2 hours, with a lot of similar articles being posted like: “Wannabe Im Yoon, all the good side earlier is just factitious?”… Under those articles, a lot of similar comments can be seen: 

“Huh? What happened?”
“He is the nicest person I have seen, is it really true?”
“He is the person who gave the hot pad to his fans because of cold weather, I don’t think it’s true though. There must have been something…”
“He has always donate to help others, I don’t think he is that bad? And isn’t that his mother who left him years ago?”
“Aigoo, as expected from celebrities, always trying to paint the beautiful pictures in front of people…”

              Even though SM entertainment releases their official statement not long after, claiming that it was just a fake rumor and they would take action to anyone who spread it, the information is still unclear since they don’t mention the detail, so netizens can’t agree with it easily. At the same time, the company which Jun Jin is under releases some more pictures about that “meeting” with statements on behalf of him, claiming that his mother has had to go through a hard time because of that. Jun Jin acts as a victim, then naturally Im Yoon becomes the criminal. The public is kind of “crazy” following that and SM decided to keep silent. The CEO asked Yoon to be at home for several days, and canceling Wannabe schedules for 3 days. After leaving the company and arriving at their dorm, Wannabe are all sitting together after eating lunch. Ever since this morning, they always keep their eyes on him to make sure that Yoon won’t read anything online for now.

“Huyng, you all don’t have to watch me like that. I am still fine. I am sorry that because of me, you guys are all influenced in a bad way” – Yoon looked at s around while saying. Unexpectedly, he is really calm as if he already knew that before.
“Aiy, we are brothers. It’s nothing. We always love you no matter what, we just don’t like the person who harmed you, such a bad person” – Lee Sun talked softly at first, then change to an angry voice and breathing out heavily while mentioning that person.
“He can’t do it all by himself. I already asked my dad to find out who did it, we will know soon” – Choi Soo calmly joined after thinking deeply.
“No need to do that, huyng. It’s useless. We all know who mainly related to this mess. Even when there are other people involved, they only used it more effectively, not the one who created it. I am just too innocent to believe her” – Yoon denied the help from other, accepting the reality.
“Yoong ah,…”
“Taeng huyng, I understand that you want to comfort me, however I am okay. And I am sorry that this happened right before your new solo album released” – Yoon cut off Taeng, then apologizing to him.
“Don’t think about that anymore. I am fine. Do you change your decision about the surgery next week?” – Taeng talked back.
“No. I think I will do it as plan. Then cutting off all our ties later.” – Yoon firmly said. It seems that he already made his mind.
“If you want that, just go ahead. I hope you can rest comfortable before the surgery” – Yul finally talked in after listening.
After that, Wannabe just change the topic, talking and chatting about different things, mainly to distract Yoon from those troubles. They even said that it was a good chance to rest, and talking about their plan for this “holiday”. They are always like the protection of their youngest, preventing others to hurt him.

10pm, Irene just arrived at home after finishing all schedules for today. She woke up at 3 am in the morning and is quite asleep now. She goes through the news online to see, and being very surprised at the news about Yoon. She hasn’t had time to check on her phone and only know about the article now. She is now very worried while waiting for him to pick up the call:

“Hello?” – Irene hurriedly said after he picked up.
“I know you will call, Huynie. How about your today?” – Unlike his girlfriend, Yoon is very calm, answering her normally.
“I am fine oppa. I am sorry that I didn’t know it sooner. I…” – Irene was talking faster, showing her fluster.
“Eiyy, you are too busy, and I cannot make you to be more tired because of me. I am fine, don’t worry. Even though it was a quite shocking at first, I accept it more easily now. It’s just a rumor, so I will be okay soon” - Yoon talked slowly, comforting his girlfriend.
“Really? Don’t hide me” – She was raising her eyes brows while asking, suspecting him.
“It’s the truth. I will never lie to you” – He emphasized, trying to make her to feel better.
“Okay. So how about your surgery?” – She lowered her voice, talking more softly.
“I will still do it. I had to use almost 4 hours to persuade my dad earlier, he now also agreed to not involve in it” – Yoon sighed, thinking back how hard it is to convince his father.
“That’s good. You should take care of him more, he just received a big shock, plus his health is not very good” – Irene is worried about both Yoon and his father.
“I know” – He replied back with the same tone, then change to a brighter voice: “Ah, have you received my gift? Do you like it?”
“Chocolate? I got it. It’s very delicious, thanks oppa” – Irene formed a smile thinking about his small gifts.
“It’s the best, isn’t it?” – He talked with a high tone, holding back his laugh.
Meanwhile Irene is laughing out loud because of the Daegu dialect that Yoon just used. His pronunciation sounded strange, but very cute: “Ah, oppa, you are really learning dialect?”
“Of course, I have tried very hard” – He is back with his normal voice, satisfied with his success in making her laugh. “I will use it more if you like”
“I admit that it’s not bad. However, you really need to practice properly since it sounds very strange, oppa” – She gave her fair comment, sounding “seriously”.
“Yeah, I got it, my boss” – He said while pouting, sounding sad like a kid.
“Is my Yoongie pouting now? Aigoo, you are like a baby, I think I need to buy you candy” – Irene played along, teasing him with a cute voice.
“Okay, I will wait for your presents, miss Bae. Now it’s late, and you must be tired, just go to rest” – He comfortably laughed before ending the call since it’s late. 
“You too, oppa. Good night. And remember to call me if anything happens later” – Irene also glanced at the clock, then bidding goodbye to him.
“Ok, I got it. Don't worry. Good night!”

In the following day, Park Jun Jin – the half-brother of Im Yoon releases his statement through his company, stating that “his mother is very sick now. She did meet Yoon to say sorry before she dies, however his half-brother Im Yoon coldly rejected it, so her sickness becomes more severe these days”. The news is spreading fast like the lightning because of the announced timing. Im Yoon completely becomes the bad icon. Even though both him and SM entertainment as well as Wannabe keep silent, things starts becoming uncontrollable. It’s obvious to them that someone did on purpose to take advantage of it.

September 25th 2015, the surgery is proceeded as planned. Im Yoon and his dad hide everything about the details, including the fact that he is the one who donates to save his mom. Because Irene will have 2 fansign in 2 different locations on that day, and the situation now is not good for her if being caught, Yoon strictly stated that she couldn’t come. She doesn’t have other choices except for agreeing, and receiving information about his condition through Ji Won. Right after the surgery, the rumor about Im Yoon’s mother was saved by strangers goes viral again, and as a result, the person who is cursed is still Im Yoon – the boy is now lying inside the special room at the hospital.

October 3rd 2015, Im Yoon is watching TV at home. He is now resting in order to recover after the surgery. Since his health is quite good, he is recovering faster than expectations according to the doctor. He already had to stop all the activities after the news broke, and he think this is a good thing somehow since he is having a lot of free time now. His phone is ringing, he smiles after seeing who is calling and picks up: 

“Hello, huyng. Is everything prepared?”
“Yes, according to your ideas. Will you come?” – The man on the other side answered slowly.
“Me? I think it’d better if I won’t. Paparazzi is everywhere you know” – Yoon was disappointed that he couldn’t attend.
“It’s okay, I arranged a private big room. And if you come here alone, no one will know” – The man continued to comfort him and recommended an idea.
“Uhm… Let me think about it. Anyway, thank you huyng”
“You are welcome. I just run my business and receive money. It’s not a big deal” – The man seemed to be a nice person, being very good to Yoon.
“So please take care of it well, mr Hong Suk Chun” – Yoon smiled while thanking him.
“Got it, mr Im. Bye!”
“Bye”

Ending the call, Im Yoon is still smiling. He heard that Red Velvet and their staffs would have a small dinner together today, so he asked Suk Chun huyng to prepare something more. His girlfriend had a hard time, and he has been one of the reasons, so this is like a thank you present to her. 

That night, at 9pm, Red Velvet and their staffs are having a great time together at Suk Chun’s restaurant. Im Yoon also just arrived secretly at the restaurant in order to see if everything is going well. He also wants to meet his girlfriend in person for a while. After talking to Suk Chun, he decides to wait for a bit before going in, however he meets t an unexpected person. That person calls out for him first before he walks away:

“Oh, see who is it? Aren’t you the great star, Wannabe’s Im Yoon? It’s very nice to meet you here” – The person emphasized the words great star Wannabe in purpose, using the most sarcastically voice he has had.
Meanwhile, Yoon knows who it is for sure, how can he forget his half-brother Park Jun Jin who is now becoming the hottest star thanks to those rumors: “I don’t think the earth can be this small. Unfortunately, I am not happy to see you” – Yoon intended to walk always after finishing talking, however Jun Jin of course won’t let him go easily:
“Don’t go that fast. We are also brothers, aren’t we? I even haven’t had chance to say thank you. Thanks to you, my life is getting better and I am now a really famous rising star” – Jun Jin acted like a good boy but keep smirking secretly at every words which makes Yoon to be shiver to his fake acting.
“Stop acting. And you don’t have to thank me, it’s your “effort” anyway. Being a senior, I must remind you that in this world, there’s always karma so be careful when doing anything” – Yoon said slowly, emphasizing the word effort and it succeeded in making the other to be angry. Jun Jin cannot keep his jerk smile anymore, he raises his voice:
“Who are you to pretend to be noble like that? I will be better than you very soon. In the end, you are just an abandoned kid, who are not being loved by your mother. How pitiful!”
Im Yoon clenched his fists while listening to those words, trying to control his anger. He quickly turns his body since he doesn’t want to pick up a fight now. But Jun Jin continues again: “You cannot even beat me like the way you want. A coward” 
Yoon cannot hold it anymore, he wants to beat that bastard and let his anger out. Right when he is about 2 steps from him, he is feeling there’s a hand grabbing his, preventing him to go any further: “Oppa, don’t”. He turns around to see Joo Hyun with a worrying eyes, using all her strength to hold him back. She is wearing a baseball cap with a normal clothes. It seems that she’s been here for a while. Suk Chun huyng must have told her that he was here and she came out because of the loud noise. He understands what her actions meant, as well as her worry, so he just stops, closing his eyes to calm down before grabbing her hand to pull her out with him. However it seems that his “half-brother” hasn’t given up: “Wow, who is it again? You are quite beautiful though. Hey baby, how much did he pay you? I can pay double more than him, just go with me. I can be “good” to all of your friends too. I have a lot of money now and I am better than him for sure, since he is just a boy who was abandoned by his mom, a coward that no one needs. Just go with me one night and you can see. Deal? Hahaha” – Jun Jin showed the most infamous manner of him, and is laughing out loud with others beside after finishing talking.
That sentence already breaks down all the efforts that Yoon had made to hold back, he turns around too fast for Irene to catch him, then punching really hard at Jun Jin’s face. Jun Jin is bleeding so he also punches on Yoon’s face and starts a fight. Suk Chun and a lot of people around have to try their best to separate them. They only stop after 15 minutes, then immediately going home in different ways.

Inside Jun Jin’s car with manager

He is now watching his injury carefully, then suddenly asking the person sitting at the front: “Did you film it?”
“What?”

“I mean the fight earlier. It can be the end for that famous boy” – He smirked, being happy about the winner in his hands.
“You started it first, just let it go” – The manager tried to convince him with his most gentle voice.
“What? No, never. I won’t stop until he is destroyed completely. I will be the winner and he will be the loser for sure” – Jun Jin angrily shouted at his manager, then thinking deeply about how to have what he wants. He accidentally thinks of a person, who is definitely going to help him to succeed. He lets out a smile which makes his manager to feel scary. He is really not an easy person.

Meanwhile, after that “incident”, Im Yoon asked the managers to take Irene and Red Velvet members home safely. Irene wanted to go with him, however he insisted that he was okay, and this time was too sensitive for her to go with him so she has to agree. He asked his family driver to pick him up and only texted Irene to inform that he arrived safely. After arriving home, he immediately lied on the bed, closing his eyes. A lot of things happened, but his mind went blank, and he just didn’t know why. He took his medicine and went to sleep after stop thinking about today.

October 4th 2015, the news broken out, stating that Wannabe Im Yoon beat his half-brother Jun Jin to be injured severely at M restaurant yesterday. In an hour, it becomes the number one topic, people are swearing at Yoon, and criticizing his behavior. Some fans even started to sign up for a petition to remove him out of Wannabe. Im Yoon was called to the CEO room right in the morning 5 minutes after the news released. Even though he wore a mask and a cap, he was still recognized by a lot of people. He had to go through a lot of fans and reporters to get inside SM entertainment’s building.

“So do you want to tell me what happened?” – Mr Kim Young Min – CEO of SM started with a very serious face.
“It’s true that I fought with him yesterday because of personal problems. However he is not injured that much, he is just trying to blow it up” – Contrary to the CEO, Im Yoon answered clearly with his calm voice, like what happened was nothing.
“Right now the truth is not important, do you know? They only care about whether you two had fight or not before making it up” – The CEO seemed to be very angry, talking louder.
“I am sorry. I will be responsible for everything and will make sure that it won’t affect both the company and Wannabe” – Yoon looked up, talking firmly.
“Do you think that’s something you can handle now?” – CEO Kim raised his voice, shouting at Yoon and hitting the table, releasing a loud noise over the room.
Suddenly, there’s a knock on the door, CEO Kim tries to calm down his attitude before asking: “Who’s that?”
“It’s me, Lee So Man” – A warm voice answered.
Both of them are  quite surprised to know that the president is here today, and CEO Kim walks fast to open the door and greet politely: “Hello, please come in, mr Lee”
Mr Lee So Man just nods slightly before comes in at ease, sitting at the opposite side of Yoon, then talking while looking at the CEO: “Can you give me some time to talk to him, alone?”
Mr Kim looks at both of them before answering politely: “Of course. I will go out now. You two can talk comfortably”.
After CEO Kim got out of the room completely, president Lee starts first: “So how are you these days? I mean about your wound after the surgery” – Mr Lee kept a smile on his face, showing his warm side.
“Ah, it’s healing faster than expected. I am fine, thank you teacher. And I am sorry” – Im Yoon kept his head low and only raised his head a bit to glance at his teacher for a second.
“Can you tell me the reason why you are sorry? I want to know everything” – mr Lee has been watching Yoon closely, trying to figure out what he has been thinking.
When seeing the gaze of mr Lee, Yoon knows that rather than being disappointed now, his teacher is just curious what really happened, which means that he still believes him. Yoon starts to tell him everything that happened, including the recent accident and the reason why he doesn’t want to public the video of the fight yesterday.
“So what do you want to do?” – President Lee asked after listening to everything carefully.
“I just … don’t know. Everything’s in chaos now” – Yoon shook his head, being confused.
“Uhm… Then I will decide. I will talk to our public department to solve it. We will provide the video secretly to the police and end this problem” – President Lee talked firmly.
“No, teacher. I don’t want to risk it. What if i impact badly to her?” – Yoon is now scared a bit, worrying about the result after releasing the recording.
“You mean Irene? No, I will make sure that it’s fine. Don’t worry. Your dad called me this morning, both of us will find a way” – President Lee calmed Yoon down, telling  the boy to believe him.
“Teacher, you are not angry? I thought you would be very disappointed in me” – Yoon only asked after reconsidering.
“Why do I? I have known you for almost 15 years, and watching you growing up, so I will believe you more than strangers” – He formed a light smile which made Yoon to be more comfortable. “Don’t think too much, Yoong ah. It will be fine. You guys used to face a crisis before, and it passed safely. So I believe this time will be like that too”
“Thank you, teacher!”

After meeting president Lee, Yoon wears the mask and hat again before going home. When getting out, he meets a lot of junior such as Shinee, Red Velvet,… however he just nods his head and passes quickly. Irene sees it, she is very worried about him, and at the same time understanding why he is like that since he already texted her this morning: “Joo Hyun ah, I will try to solve everything as soon as possible so don’t be worry about me. All attention is on me now, so just act like strangers when we meet from now on, I will text you details when it is settled”

Leaving the company, Yoon goes straight to his home to meet his dad. He sees his dad sitting in the living room, it seems that he is waiting for him. 

“Dad?”
“You’re back. Come here”
– Mr Im patted at the position near him, telling Yoon to sit down.
“I am sorry for making you worry, again” – Yoon held his father’s hands, looking at their fingers before saying.
“None of us want it to happen, so it’s just an accident. Did you talk with your president?” – Mr Im still used his normal voice, caring about his son.
“Yes. I told him everything and he told me that you called him this morning” – Yoon now is looking straight at his dad.
“That’s right. Did it make you feel bad?” – Mr Im carefully watched his son’s reaction.
“Me? Not really, daddy. I just don’t want to make it bigger” – Yoon voice was hoarse, he must have been really tired.
“But we cannot let them be like that, they have kept spreading rumors and using your reputation” – Mr Im was angry, he doesn’t want to leave those people alone and let it go easily.
“I know. But both Wannabe and Joo Hyun might be affected by it, and I don’t want t to happen. So can we just solve it secretly, cannot we?” – Yoon looked sadly, asking his dad.
Mr Im let out a long sigh, understanding his son’s thinking: “Okay, I got it. I know what to do, don’t think too much, my son”.

3 hours after news released, SM entertainment posted official statement, claiming that “it’s just misunderstanding when both parties had some conflicts. They already gave the police the video proving that, and will take legal action toward malicious comments and rumors”

Jun Jin throws his phone as soon as finishing reading the article. It didn’t creat a big fuss as he wanted. He mumbles with a low voice: “Aish, it should become the hot topic for several days, how can it quiet down so fast? As expected from the power of SM and Dae Han group”. When he is still feeling uncomfortable, he sees his mother passing across, so he pretends to be in pain while groaning. As a result, his mother sit beside him after noticing his behavior:

“What’s wrong, Jinie?” – She looked worriedly.
“Nothing, mom. I am just tired” – He pretended to cough a bit after answering, leaning onto his mother.
“Really? You can tell me everything” – She patted his back, asking softly.
“I don’t want you to be sad, so don’t mind me, mommy” – Acting nice and good again, he answered weakly.
“Is it related to Yoon? It’s okay, tell me what happened” – She encouraged him while keeping patting his back lightly.
“Uhm… we unexpectedly met at an restaurant yesterday and fought. Today, someone uploaded it online, however after 3 hours, they used their power to push it down and make me to become the bad person. I am afraid that I might be cursed at by people and my company will force me to leave. I might lose everything, mommy” – He dropped more and more tears as saying, receiving a big compassion. “They even said the news earlier about the meeting between you and Im Yoon as well as surgery were just my play. What should I do now?” – He broke down into tears, hugging his mother.
“You must be thinking too much. It’s just rumor” – She hugged him more tightly while frowning.
“No, you don’t understand. I will lose everything because they have a really big power. I am really afraid” – He leaned on his mother shoulder, still crying. His mom is trying to comfort him by patting his back, thinking about how to solve it. Even though she wants to believe it’s just Jun Jin who overreact it, she knows clearly how strong Dae Han group is as well as the power of her ex husband:
“I will meet Yoon and ask for his understanding. He is a nice boy so it will be fine”
“No, he is the person behind it for sure. He will never help me” – Jun Jin stopped for a bit, then raising his head before continuing: “If you want to help, can you appear and explain everything?” – He used the most sorrowful look he had.
“How? And why me?” – His mom was a bit surprised.
“I just need you to say the truth, so people will not curse me anymore. I will ask for help from my company to hold a press conference” – He answered shortly, observing his mom’s expression.
“Uhm… let me think” – She turned her head to the left side, considering.
“You are my mom, and you won’t help me? Mommy, I just want to reveal the truth” – Being afraid that his mom wouldn’t agree, he added to convince her.
“O…okay. I will listen to you” – The woman finally agreed, cannot ignore his son hardness anymore.
“Thank you, mom” – Jun Jin hugged his mother again while saying, then secretly let out a smirking which his mom can’t see, knowing that he will win for sure.

October 5th, 2015 at 10 am
A press conference is held by Jun Jin’s company, which has the presence of Jun Jin and his mother Kang Huyn Ji. It was broadcasted live through a lot of websites online. Even though the announcement was released late, there are a lot of reporters come and it gains a lot of attention from people. At that time, Wannabe are all at the company to discuss about their plan in the future, then the manager come in to tell them to turn on live to watch the broadcast. They initially don’t know what is happening, then being surprised after realizing who is on the screen: “Isn’t she Yoon’s mother?” – They all speak out at the same time. Meanwhile, Yoon is freezing on the spot after seeing his mom on TV. Her voice can be heard clearly during the live-streams, each word is like stabbing at his heart:

“Hello, everyone. I am Kang Hyun Ji – mother of Jun Jin and Wannabe Im Yoon. I don’t think that I have the right to be here, however there are a lot of rumors nowadays that I think I need to tell the truth. Firstly, about my meeting with my son – Im Yoon. I did kneeled down to beg for his forgiveness, however it’s not serious as it was said in the article. Secondly, recently I received the donation from a stranger and have been healing well from the surgery. And lastly, my two sons, Im Yoon and Jun Jin met 2 days ago unexpectedly and got into fight, with the first person who started it was Yoong because of the disagreement while talking. We can provide evidence if you all want through my son’s company. Finally, this is our family own problems so I am very sorry for all the troublesome issues recently. Since both of them are only hurt slightly so I hope you all will not spread any rumors and let us solve it peacefully. Thank you!”

When mrs Kang Hyun Ji finishes her statement, Yoon already clenched his fists so hard that others can see his blood vessels. Then suddenly he bursts out laughing, keep repeating the same words: “Good, very good”. He can’t listen to anything that s have said even though they are standing next to him. After 3 minutes, he gets out hurriedly without responding which makes s to run after him immediately. He stops at the restroom and goes inside, sitting at the corner with the door locked.

Meanwhile, Red Velvet is also at the company. They are having a break and noticing their manager who are focusing at something on his phone. They intend to get closer to , but unexpectedly seeing the press conference. They are standing still while watching it . Right after it ends, Irene immediately grabs her phone to call Yoon. He doesn’t pick up, so she calls s and knows that he is locking himself inside a restroom. 

30 minutes passed, both Wannabe and Irene have been waiting anxiously outside. No matter how they try, he doesn’t answer or open the door. They now have to wait for the security to get the key. After opening the door, they come in and see Yoon sitting at the right corner. He is leaning against the wall, and his right hand is bleeding because of clenching tightly with the pocket watch inside. Despite being surprised, they all try to calm down and getting closer to him slowly. Taeng said first: “Yoong ah, are you okay?”. He doesn’t react. All Wannabe members then looks at Irene, wanting her to talk to him. She sits beside him, holding his right hands before talking: “Oppa, should we go out first? You need to have your hand treated. You can’t be here all day right? Even though it’s hard, we will find a way to get out of it. You have your family and us, so don’t be like this, okay?”
Irene talked very slowly with a gentle voice, however he still didn’t react at all. Yul added after watching him: “Yoong ah, there may be something we haven’t known, so don’t be like this. We will figure it out together”
“I am lost in this game, totally” – The first sentence of Yoon was out of nowhere with husky voice. Then a tear dropped from his eyes though he still keeps it opened. Other people around don’t know what to say anymore, since he is hurt badly now, causing by his mom. “I am fine, just leave me alone for a while” – Yoon stands up while talking, doesn’t look at anyone before getting out. Wannabe members and Irene are also preparing to go after him, but suddenly Irene feels someone is grabbing her hand, it is Yul: “There are a lot of reporters outside now, you shouldn’t go out together with him, it’s dangerous”
“But he needs me now, we all know that his state is really bad. I can’t leave him alone” – She looked very worried, her voice was trembling.
“I know, we will take care of him. If something happened to you because of him, he will feel worse than now. You can see him later and I will tell you if anything happens” – Yul calmly explained the situation, making Irene to be patient.
“Okay, oppa. Please take care of him well” – She let out a long sigh, finally agreed to what Yul said.
“I know. Don’t worry” – Yul tap her hand slightly to make her feel better before leaving.

5 minutes later, Wannabe all gets out of SM building with the help of securities. A lot of reporters are gathering in front of the building in order to get more information, however Wannabe all keep silent. Yoon is having a cap with hoodies on, wearing mask and glasses, keeping his head low and hands inside pocket while going straight to the van. At the same time, from the 5th floor, Irene is also looking down at him, bitting her lips nervously. 

“Don’t worry too much, unnie. It’s gonna be fine” – Irene now realized Wendy already stood beside her.
“I hope so. It was already hard for him yesterday, and now it happened” – Irene talked back, still keeping her eyes on him.
“He is a good person, all of us know since we remembered clearly what happened that day at restaurant. The truth will be revealed for sure, unnie” – Wendy firmly said.
“That’s right. Talking about it makes me feel bad again, remembering about that . He should go to hell as soon as possible” – Yeri, Red Velvet maknae, who stood behind Irene, angrily talked. All Red Velvet members are standing together while looking at the chaos down there.
“Don’t let that bad person ruin your feelings, Yerim ah” – Seulgi added, comforting their youngest.

Meanwhile Irene is silent during their conversation, still looking outside the window. Her mind fills with hundreds of thoughts now. Only when the dance teacher calls them, Irene is woken up and puts her thoughts aside to start practicing again.

P/S: Wannabe image at the event in the begining of this chapter, before "incidents" start happening!!!