1- The chance

Destiny

“Mom, I’m home” - said by little boy Taengoo. It has been a long day since he just comeback from seoul and keep thinking about what the teacher just said this morning. After getting no 1 at the competition, it seems that he has a good chance to get closer to his dream. 

At SM academy in 2002

“Taeng ah, this is a good chance if you want to be a singer. SM director gave you an offer to become a trainee. You should consider about that” - Hee Yeon - My teacher said. 

“But I’m not really sure about that and I don’t think my parents will approve this. My home is far from here too”. 

I understand but you have the talent, I am sure that your parents will agree, if you need I can talk to them about this”

“Let me think about it first, is it okay teacher?” 

“Of course”

Taeng’s pov “Should I agree to come to seoul? How should I tell mother and father about this? Even my physics teacher at school don’t think it is a good idea since a lot of singer can not make for a living now, but I really love singing...”

A lot of think goes through his mind. Just then his older brother Jin Woong knocks on the door: “Hey Taeng, come out. It’s time for dinner” - “I’m coming”. Jin Woong realized something bothers me through my voice so he asked but receive no answer.

During that night he tried to  disturb me as much as he can until I told him what made me worried earlier.

“You should do what you want or at least try it first before decide anything rushly so that you will not have to regret” - was what he said to me that night. Thanks to that, I have the courage to decide that I will give it s try.

The day after, I told my parents and somehow they allowed me to attend audition. After being tested and passed, both me and my teacher persuaded my parents successfully. Since then I became one of SM's trainnees. 

4 years later

Everyday, the circle always is wake up, go to school, comeback to practice and return to dorm at 2 in the morning. It was so tiring.

“You should take a shower first Tae Tae” - that’s what my friend Lee Sun told me when he saw me lying on my bed right after we came back. He is my roommate and just got in SM only few months ago. He had been trainee for few years in another company but some how, it was broken so he moved to SM. Strangely, we became friends quite easily even though I’m the introvert type. Maybe he is good at making friend. Or because we are compatible somehow. Actually, thanks to him, I have more friends lately and feel better, that's what I have not had for a while, especially since my best friend Jun Ho got out of SM.

For 3 years a lot of my friends already gave up or was removed and it makes me wonder whether I can make it to the final. At the beginning, I only attend class on weekends with my father’s accompanying. But for better training, I decide to I move to dorm in Seoul. Since then, I almost can not meet my parents often. Actually, I just choose not to meet or talk to them often in order not to make them more worried.

We are having a test to form a new group lately. This time, if I fail to make it to the final group, I decide that I will give up and comeback to Jeonju, study to become a normal employee at some company. Three times fail are enough to make me stop walking on this ambiguos road.

“Don’t think too hard, sometimes the destiny chooses you and you can’t do anything” - I tried to refrain myself by thinking that.

In summer 2006, at SM’s director office. Lee So Man and his staffs are discussing about debuting new groups. 

“The final should be those boys, 5 is enough I think” - the president Lee So Man said. “These boys have great talent and potential but is it too soon since we have DBSK and soon to debut Suju. One more boy group is not really smart though”. Kim Yong Man - his secretary said. 

“This test was the final is what I said to that boy, if we don’t do that, he will leave. I don’t want to lose him now. He was the talent that I found and really had high expectation. In addition, we should just try before saying that they can not make it big” - “Okay, if you want. I will start to prepare for their debut next year”

 

Ring ring ring - the telephone ringing through the house. “Honey, pick up. I’m busy now”. “Hello?” 

“Daddy, I succeeded. Next year, I will debut and become a real singer on stage. I will become great singer soon and earn money too” 

“Aigoo our Tae Tae finally succed. I know it. I will just throw a party to congratulate you, then. So when could you come home, son?"

“This weekend daddy. Now I need to go back to practice, we will talk later okay? Tell mother and brother, and little Ha Yeon that I love and miss them so much”

“ Yes yes I know. Don’t be too harsh on yourself and see you later this weekend”

After the call ended, mr Kim finally smile widely now. He is happy that his son can make it and be that happy. He knows it  is not an easy path and it just started but he can hope right? Hope that his son can be strong enough to face the more hardship later as well as become a great singer who can receive love from people around.

 

Hello. This is my first chapter. I will make thing faster and explained thing dradually when the story goes on. This is not only goes by time so pls be patient. The next will be about debuting and thought between Wannabe members. Hope that everyone can give me some idea or comment to improve my ability. Thank you and see again soon!