Hide and Seek

네가 너무 좋아 (I love you so much)

Sungyoon's POV

After the three of us had separated ways, I can't stop thinking about what happened. If it had been Jaeseok who asked Jae Eun in a date then I wouldn't feel bitter. Why does it have to be that Kim Sunggyu? For all I know, he's just playing with Jae Eun's heart because his girlfriend left her or something.

But I don't have any proof of this, so how can I make Jae Eun believe me? It's just mere speculation.

Should I even confess to Jae Eun now? Maybe that would stop her from entertaining that Sunggyu. But I told myself never to pursue her because everything gets messy when someone confesses his feelings to his girl bestfriend.

And also, Jae Eun doesn't see me as a man. Why would she? She looks at me like I'm a kid or something. Or maybe like a shoulder to cry on? I don't know. Ahhh! My head can't keep up with everything I am thinking right now.

I continued walking home while emptying my mind. Clearly, there's nothing I can do for now. Then the weird thing happened. I saw Soo Yeon and Myungsoo together. Are they holding hands?

Okay what is with the girls from our class that they keep on falling for those from the university.

I tried to hide from the two of them but all I accomplished was to exposed myself more. When the couple recognized me, they became frantic. It was the first time I saw Soo Yeon so disoriented as she was always collected and straight headed, clearly the opposite of Jae Eun.

"Sungyoon." Soo Yeon called my name.

"Hi Soo Yeon." This is so awkward.

"Whatever it is your thinking, please don't say anything to Jae Eun. I don't think she will understand what's happening." Soo Yeon looked really scared and guilty. Even Myungsoo looks serious.

"Do you expect me to lie to Jae Eun?" Why would I lie for this girl? I mean, me? Lie to Jae Eun?

"No. I just want you to keep it a secret. We will tell her, sometime. When we've sorted things out." Soo Yeon pleads to me like her life was at stake.

"So what would I gain from this?" Hmm, maybe I can benefit from this.

"Wha- you snake. Jae Eun must be blind for thinking you're a fluffy rabbit!" Soo Yeon looks furious. Myungsoo just laughs. He might find Soo Yeon so cute or something.

"Well, I'm not the one who's dating his brother. So, a little benefit for me won't hurt?" I'm not that good when it comes to blackmail, but I got to try. I might need Soo Yeon's help to keep Jae Eun away from Sunggyu.

"Okay. Okay. I'll do anything you want." Soo Yeon finally agrees. I just stared at Myungsoo.

"You can't blackmail me. Soo Yeon's the only one who wants to hide what we are." Soo Yeon just gave Myungsoo a death glare. This girl is scary.

Then all of a sudden Soo Yeon receives a call from Jae Eun. Wow. That Jae Eun must had sensed something.

"Hello?" Soo Yeon answers and excused herself leaving Myungsoo and I alone.

"Do you know anything about that Sunggyu?" I asked.

"Hmm. Not really. I can see him in the dorms but I haven't talked to him. He's a year older than me, I think." Myungsoo answered truthfully.

"Oh okay." If Myungsoo has no idea about that guy, what are the chances that I'll get some information about Sunggyu?

Soo Yeon comes back. She looks very serious now. She says that she needs to go home now. Whatever happened, it must be some girl talk that Jae Eun asked for.

The three of us walked together in awkward silence. I was surprised when I found out that Soo Yeon's house was a few blocks away from mine. She must had been going to the school early because I don't see her in the mornings and after classes, her parents usually picks her up from the school.

Myungsoo went back to his dorm after Soo Yeon goes inside her house. I went on walking alone, still thinking what to do for tomorrow.

--
Jae Eun's POV

After I left Jaeseok's apartment, I run towards my door, quickly unlocks it then run to my bed.

"MMMMMMMMMMMM!" I screamed and muffled it with my pillow. This day, I felt like my heart was on a roller coaster ride.

Why would Sunggyu get interested with me all of a sudden. I haven't seen him for months and now. Ahhh! I don't know what to do. Then there's that wrist grabbing Jaeseok. What was that? After telling me I'm beautiful then he does that?

I grabbed my phone and the camera. I checked if my face was red or something. And damn! It looks so red. OH NO. Jaeseok. What have you done to me?

I tried hard to not smile and get confuse. Okay, calm down. Then I rememebered I need to txt Sunggyu.

"Can't go tomorrow. I have plans already. I'm sorry" There, a short and normal message.

Then he replied. "Oh okay. I see. There's still next time. Good night Jae Eun."

Okay. It seems like that calmed me down. My heart didn't fluttered at all. I'm getting good at controlling my emotions. That wasn't hard at all!

Then I called Soo Yeon. I was surprised that she's still outside and she said she'll call me back after she gets home. I just agreed.

After a few minutes, and a few more, Soo Yeon finally called. I told her about what happened and that Sungyoon, Jaeseok and I would go somewhere tomorrow so I can't meet Sunggyu. After talking for several hours Soo Yeon just said that maybe we should give Sunggyu a chance then we'll think about it afterwards.

I fell asleep thinking what more could happen tomorrow and if I can survive the following days.

--
The next day, Jaeseok came and woke me up again. I opened the door and because I haven't got a good night sleep last night because of how messed up my mind was, I went straight back to bed when Jaeseok entered my apartment.

"Jae Eun, yaah why would you go back to sleep?" Jaeseok asked. I just made some weird noise as a reply.

I was lying face down and my eyes hurt because it's too bright outside. "Jae Eun" someone whispered in my ear. I got up immediately and saw that Jaeseok was right there in front of me. I was so shocked because I felt his warm breath on my ear and his voice was so. . .AHH. WHAT THE HELL.

"Yah! Why would you do that? You scared me." Why do I get so scared easily, though?

"You won't wake up, so I did that." Jaeseok smiled. "Come on, Sungyoon's on his way. He said he will have breakfast with us." Then Jaeseok drags me to the bathroom. "Go on, take a bath now. I'll wait for you next door." Then Jaeseok leaves.

That was so awkward and confusing. Since when did Jaeseok became like that.

--
Jaeseok's POV

Why did I do that? Why? Ah. I need to find a way to be normal and sane. If the three of us will go out the whole day I might as well combust.

I suddenly remembered Daeyeol. That guy is always serious. What if I invite him with us? Could it make things better?

"Jaeseok." Sungyoon just arrived. I opened the door. "Hello."

"Are you ready now? I'm hungry." Sungyoon said.

"Wait, are we going to eat here?" I asked. "I thought we are going to eat outside. Oh and can I invite Daeyeol with us?"

"Oh. We can eat at the mall actually. That's fine. Hmm, Daeyeol can come with us I think." Sungyoon agrees. I texted Daeyeol and he agrees too.

After a few minutes, the three of us are finally ready to leave. Then a car suddenly appears outside my apartment. Must be an Audi Q7? Or something.

"Wait, is that Daeyeol?" Jae Eun asked.

"I think so." Sungyoon answered.

Daeyeol got out of the car. "Hello, uhm Sungyeol is going to join us. Is that okay?" Then Sungyeol says hello from the car's backseat.

"Wow. Are we going to ride that?" Sungyoon and Jae Eun stared at the luxurious car of the Lees. How many cars do they have really?

"Yeah. My parents won't let me take the bus so." Daeyeol smiled awkwardly.

"Okay! Let's go! I call shotgun" Jae Eun said. Daeyeol opened the door of the car for Jae Eun. She curtsied, what the hell. That's too cute! Okay stop.

Then I heard Sungyoon's laughter. "Jae Eun, you're weird." Then he gets in the car. Daeyeol followed. I am the last one who gets in the car. Luckily the car is spacious.

We finally arrived at the mall. We passed by some Theme park along the way and Sungyeol and Jae Eun seems to have the same wavelength because they both wanted to go there afterwards.

We went to Domino's as Sungyeol and Jae Eun wanted to eat some pizza. These two are wild kids really. Daeyeol seems embarassed by his brother but at least Jae Eun made Daeyeol feel at ease.

Meanwhile, I tried to stay calm and everything's going smoothly. As we we entered the pizza place we saw Myungsoo and Soo Yeon.