A lot like love

네가 너무 좋아 (I love you so much)

This changes everything.


I received a call from Soo Yeon while we were watching a movie.

"Hello, Soo Yeon? What's up?"
"I have news for you." My stomach just turned upside down. Soo Yeon continued talking about what she heard and all I did was stared at the wall.

"Hello? Jae Eun? Are you okay?" Soo Yeon was clealy worried and excited.

"I'm fine. I mean NO! Who would be fine after that! I'll talk to you later. I need to think this through."

"Okay. Bye! Good luck! Update me after you've made up your mind, okay?"

"Okay." Then she hunged up.

"What was that?" Sungyoon asked.

"Soo Yeon called. She said Sunggyu was asking for me. Don't know how he found Soo Yeon though." Then I received a text.

Hi. This is Kim Sunggyu. This is Choi Jae Eun right? Is it okay if we meet now? I'll wait for you at the park close to the school.

"What? I don't understand." Sungyoon said.

I forwared the message to Soo Yeon. I waited for her reply and all she said was, show this to Jaeseok. know what to do.

"I need to go somewhere."

"Wait, at this time? Really?" Jaeseok said.

"I'm going to meet someone." I replied.

"Who? Is that Daeyeol?" Sungyoon said looking pissed.

"No. Uhm, it's Sunggyu." Jaeseok almost choked with his chicken while Sungyoon just looked like he's seen a ghost.

"Uhm." I showed them the text message from Sunggyu. I don't know what to do.

"Yah! Why would you go meet that guy! You haven't even talked before." Sungyoon seems to be mad at me.

"Well, Soo Yeon said that Sunggyu was asking about me. And he actually texted me, and asked if we can meet somewhere." I don't even know why I am explaining anything to these two.

"We're coming with you." Jaeseok said. Even Jaeseok looks serious. Wow. I've never seen him this way. It was always Sungyoon who has this angry look. Jaeseok has always been the kind one, someone who won't get mad at anything.

"Wait. Uhm. Wouldn't that be weird?" Was all I can say. I don't even know what I would do.

"What's weird is that this guy suddenly seems interested about you. And to meet you at this time? Just the two of you? That's not even normal." Jaeseok replied.

"I don't even know why actually. Maybe you really should come with me. I'm too scared and confused."

"As if we will let you go alone in the first place." Sungyoon added to the conversation.

Jaeseok's POV

I know I shouldn't be mad at Jae Eun but I'm really, truly furious about how she reacts to this Sunggyu. Now that it is clear that this Sunggyu is not one of Jae Eun's brother, I can't comprehend why would I tolerate Jae Eun interacting with this guys.

I know I have no right to be selfish, I know this would make her happy but I still can't understand. Why does it have to be that guy? I could have accepted it if Jae Eun just falls for Sungyoon.

As we were on the way to that Sunggyu, I can't stop thinking of a way, anything at all just to stop Jae Eun. Should I admit my feelings to her? I mean, I don't expect that she likes me or something. Ahhh, what the hell am I even thinking. I already decided to hide this feelings and forget about it because I know it will just ruin whatever friendship we have.

"Should I really do this?" Jae Eun asked me.

No. Just tell her No. I said to myself, but all that came out was "I don't know." It felt like Jae Eun was asking for my opinion but heck, I am an idiot for not saying no.

Jae Eun looks scared and happy at the same time. If that's even possible. I wonder what she's thinking right now? Is she so happy because the first guy she had a crush on finally notices her? But why now? What changed? Then of course, Sungyoon was able to do what I can't.

"You shouldn't do what you're thinking." Sungyoon said to Jae Eun.

"And what is that?" Jae Eun asked.

"Falling for that guy all over again. Whatever this is, I don't know. Just please don't do anything stupid." I wish I am as brave as Sungyoon when it comes to expressing my opinion.

"Okay." We arrived at the park and Kim Sunggyu was sitting on a swing. He really waited for Jae Eun, huh?

"Wish me luck." Jae Eun said before she goes to that lucky bastard. I feel sorry for Jae Eun because I know that I am a selfish person and I can't wish her what she wants.

--
Jae Eun's POV

We went to the park near our school. I know I'm not sane and I am impulsive but I tried to muster every common sense and rationality I have inside me before I approach Sunggyu.

"Should I do this?" I asked Jaeseok. I don't know why I asked him and not the two of them but I just felt like Jaeseok knows what to do. And Soo Yeon told me to ask him, so when he said he doesnt know Injust felt like I have no choice but to talk to Sunggyu.

I approach Sunggyu.

"Hello." He said. His hamster eyes are so cute. Oh no. I can't focus. I need to think straigt, I looked at Jaeseok and Sungyoon and it seems to helped me think straight. Remember what Sungyoon said.

"Hi."

"You must be curious why I asked you here." Sunggyu's voice really melts my brain. It's been a month since I heard his voice.

"Yes. Of course."

"I wanted to ask you, if maybe. Maybe we could go out sometime? If that's okay. Unless you can't?" He tried to make eye contact but failed to do so.

"Why wouldn't I be able to go out with yoy?" Wrong move. Wrong question. Should have said no.

"Uhm. I just thought that maybe you have a boyfriend." Then he looks at Sungyoon and Jaeseok.

"Oh. No. I don't have a boyfriend. Well, maybe we can go out sometime? I don't see anything wrong with it." I tried to be polite. There's nothing wrong with it right? I need Soo Yeon here to tell me what's right and what's wrong.

"That's great! I mean. Of course. Are you free tomorrow?" Sunggyu asked.

"Tomorrow? Already? Uhm. I'll check my schedule." Oh god. I was caught of guard by that. I feel so proud of myself for not saying yes right away.

"Okay. Just send me a message or something okay?" He said then he smiled like a kid. I almost forgot that he was way older than me.

"Okay." I was dying to ask him too if he has a girlfriend or something but I can't think of how I will ask it without showing much interest.

"See you tomorrow then? Hopefully." The he pats my head. Something that only Jaeseok, Sungyoon and Myungsoo had able to do to me. I can feel myself torn whether to be happy or confused of about what's going on.

"Okay." Before he leaves, I did something stupid. "Why?"

"What why?"

"Why? I mean. Why did you asked me all of a sudden?"

"Hmm. It just felt right, I guess?" Then he bid his goodbye. I just stood there looking dumb.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Jaeseok said.

"He asked me out."

"Wait. What?" Jaeseok said.

"When?" Sungyoon added.

"Tomorrow."

"Did you said yes?" Sungyoon and Jaeseok said at the same time.

"No. I said I would check my schedule. Though, I don't have anything because we've finished everything today." I'm so lost today that I don't know what else to do.

"Uhm. But you have something to do tomorrow, right Jaeseok?" Sungyoon stared at Jaeseok waiting for him to catch on what he was saying.

"Oh. Oh! Yeah. We are going to the mall. We will go to a noraebang and sing our hearts out. We are supposed to tell you but we got distracted by the chicken." Jaeseok let out a small, cute laugh. I just imagined them planning this and singing together because of how excited they are.

"But I told you I can't sing."

"Well, then let us sing for you." Sungyoon said. Wah. Sungyoon singing. Sungyoon singing for me. I feel so lucky, then I remembered Sunggyu. This is too confusing.

"So what should I tell Sunggyu?" I asked.

"Tell him you are busy, tell him you have other plans. And that includes us." Jaeseok said calmly.

"Okay then." I sound like I was disappointed when I agreed which made everything silent and awkward as the two noticed how I felt about it.

"Okay." Sungyoon replied.

-
Jaeseok's POV

We decided to go home already, Sungyoon headed home which left Jae Eun and I alone to talk about what happened.

"Do you like him? I mean, do you still like him?" I asked.

"I don't know. There's something about him, I think I'm so curious about him."

"Well, if you don't like him. You don't have to entertain him. I'm sure there are many guys out there who would want to be with you." What is wrong with me. Would this be enough to stop her from even considering her feeling about that Sunggyu?

"Many? Like who. I don't think anyone would fall for me. I'm not that good looking like Myungsoo and everyone wants to be with him." Jae Eun clearly has no idea how beautiful she is to me.

"You are beautiful." Did I just said that out loud? This jealousy clouds my mind. I can't think straight because of what is happening.

I noticed that Jae Eun blushed when I said this. I always thought that everytime she gets flustered was because she isn't used to Sungyoon and I being sweet to her. Now, I guess she still can't accept that she is beautiful.

"No, I'm not." She's trying to look away again. Why would she need to keep her eyes away from me? I love it when she looks me in the eye.

"Yes you are. We can do this all night and my opinion would always be that you are beautiful." Where did I even got the courage to say these words. Am I going crazy? Maybe I am. Maybe I'm too tired to hide what I feel, especially now that someone might take Jae Eun away from me. I never thought this would come this early.

Jae Eun stared at me when I said this. I feel like I'm melting from her gaze.

"Okay. Thank you. Coming from someone who's handsome like you, it makes me happy." Did she called me handsome? This girl would really break me. I can feel my heart beating so fast. If she continues like this I might as well die right now.

We went straight to my apartment so that Jae Eun can get the things she left there. I feel like there must be something, anything that I should do.

"Okay. So I'll go to my apartment now." Jae Eun said.

Before she leaves, I grabbed her wrist. She stared at me, waiting for what I was about to do next. . I don't usually swear but I am waiting for my brain to work and I want to understand where the hell did that wrist grabbing came from.

"Jaeseok? Uhm. Is there anything you wanted to say?" Jae Eun looks at me like this was just normal and I can't see any signs of her blushing or something.

"Uhm. Jae Eun."

"Yes?"

"I. Uhm." I tried telling her. I tried but I'm still the same coward. Jae Eun just stared at me, waiting. I feel so sorry for making her wait but I guess there's nothing I can do now.

"Nothing. Good night." Was all my mind can come up with.

"Oh. Good night." She smiled so brightly. "Thanks for today, thanks for being there to support me." Then she hugged me. A sweet and thankful hug. Nothing romantic about it but it felt like she just ripped my heart out and took it with her as she leaves my apartment.

All the effort I have now in keeping my feelings towards that girl, I need to give more. Clearly, she just released whatever emotions I have sealed for her now.