New beginning

네가 너무 좋아 (I love you so much)

Okay. So this story is about the two people who changed my life. Well, there are 11 of them  but these two have a very special place  in my heart.  Uhm, I'm not a good  narrator, but I'm going to try my best not to fail. So here it goes.

It begun on my 1st year of high school. I consider myself lucky as I was able to get a scholarship in one of the most prestigious school in the country. Some  even say that most people who graduated from here, regardless of who they are, became successful in their chosen fields. But no matter how wonderful it sounds, its far from my hometown so I have to live on my own.

Being new here, I don't know anyone or anything  about the place  but still, I feel excited to experience a different life.

--

After arriving, I went out first before unpacking. I was really so excited to explore the place, so I decided to unpack and clean later.  I went to the convenience store near my place and bought some drinks and chips. As I walked out of the store, I saw a lady who dropped her wallet. I hurriedly called  for her but she didn’t seem to notice.  I then ran towards her, picking up the wallet, and tried to tap her shoulders. She then looked at me and saw the wallet. "You drop your wallet, maam." She tried looked and noticed that her wallet was indeed missing. "Thank you! I didn't even notice that it fell. Thank you." She said with a grateful smile.

"Oh, that's nothing.  I am happy to help." I smiled  back.

"Wait, are you that student who rented the apartment near the store? I saw you arrive a while ago when I went outside my house. I'm from the unit beside you." she said.

"Uhm, yes that was me. I guess we are neighbors." I replied to her cheerfully. "Do you want to walk home  together?" she offered.
"Uhm, okay."

---
So when i got to my apartment, I sat  down my chair and looked around.

"Yes, a reset button. Everything will change now. Everything will be better!" I said to myself.  Well, of course no one heard me.

I stared unpacking my things  when suddenly, I heard someone knocking  at my door. I went and open the door quickly. I didn’t even bother taking a look at myself in the mirror. It must be that lady I helped  earlier.

"Oh, hello. Uhm. Hello." The person who knocked said.

"Yes? Uhm you said hello twice. What do you want?" Oh. That sounded rude. Not exactly how I want it to be.

"Well, my mother sent me here to uhm. Welcome you? Here." The person then presents a plate of 
cupcakes. "My mother made those."

Then my stomach growled.  How embarrassing!

We look at each other.  I can feel him trying to stop himself  from laughing.  He has  a cute  laugh though. His voice is so. . oh what am I thinking?

"Oh. Thanks. They look delicious." I said.

"Yeah, and it seems you're hungry." He said with a smirk. Okay, I'm starting to hate  this person. But he's cute.  Oh stop it.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He may have noticed that I was staring at him too long. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just feel exhausted from carrying my things  and unpacking them." "Oh. Okay. Do you need  any help?" He asked politely.
"No! No. I'm fine. I'm almost finished." I smiled.

"Okay. So, my mother also  asked me to invite you to dinner. We hope you can join us. That is if you do not have plans yet, she said she wanted to thank you for helping her a while ago." He looked embarrassed. I feel sorry for him being ordered by his mother to do this.

"Okay. Uhm. I don't have plans. And I think I won't be able to cook myself dinner after  cleaning up all these." I laughed. Then, he also  laughed.

"Oh. That's great.  See you later then." Then he was on his way back to their house.

--
Then dinner time came, I knocked at their door and the lady welcomed  me and invited me inside. "Come in, come in. We will be serving  dinner in about 10 mins. Feel free to sit here."

"Oh. Thank you."
"Jaeseok? Can you accompany Jae Eun here while I prepare dinner?" she called  for his son. "Hello again.  Uhm, I'm Jaeseok. We actually  just moved  here a week ago. It's just me who's going to
live here anyways. My mother is doing some work here so she decided to stay until school starts. Do you go to "school name" too?" He asked. He seemed out of breathe, well who would blame  him. That was a lot of things  to say as an introduction.

I stared dumbfounded by everything  he said.  And he looks so handsome. What the hell is wrong with me. "I guess we have the same fate?  I go to that school too." Hey! Finally! I know someone who will go to that school now.

"Are you a first year too?" He seemed eager to know. "Yes."
"Great! I was afraid that I would be the only one who didn’t know anyone. What a relief." He looked more calm now after  knowing that we are of the same year. "OH! Wait! What's your name?"  Suddenly, he's not so calm anymore.

"I was beginning to wonder  when you'll ask me that.  My name is Choi Jae Eun." 
"I'm sorry about that.  I feel so nervous when I'm talking to a girl."

"What? Girl? Haha! I'm so boyish, you don't need  to get nervous when you talk to me." I nudged him at his shoulders, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Jaeseok. Jae Eun. Dinner is ready!" His mother called.

--

It was a wonderful dinner. Jaeseok's mother talked a lot about Jaeseok. She repeatedly asked us to check on each other, since we don't have our parents with us. She was so warm and cute. I'm so happy that my first day turned out to be that good. We were enjoying so much, we didn't notice it was already getting late and it was time for me to go.

I went home thinking of all the things  I wish would happen the next day at school and I felt comfort knowing
Jaeseok will be there.  I didn't even notice  that I already  drifted to sleep, with a smile on my face.