Drowning with emotions

네가 너무 좋아 (I love you so much)

The first class for today was math. I really love math and I enjoy how I understand it right away. Sungyoon seems to be having a hard time as he keeps on staring at the board without even trying to solve any of the problems given to us.On the other hand, Jaeseok looks serious. He a good student but I can't still judge if he do well.

 

After that tiring yet exciting math class, we were given free time as the teachers were busy with some meeting. Must be an event or whatever. They were talking about it before classes have started. Because we don't have homeworks or readings, I decided to go to the rooftop. I didn't even bothered my two friends to come up there with me because I just want to reflect and have some alone time. 

 

It was nice to stay in a rooftop, alone. It felt wonderful and peaceful. I my phone and my bluetooth earphones (yes, bluetooth because I always destroy the wired ones). It felt good to listen to some ballads and make my mind rest somewhere else. I should be happy that my older brother and I had reunited but I just tend to remember the sad memories which caused us to be separated in the first place.

 

The thing is, even if I listen to songs in a full volume, I can still hear some noises around. That's how I noticed that someone was singing. I freed my left hear from my earphones and listened to the heavenly voice. I was seated in the far corner of the rooftop and I can't see who it was because he was on the other side. The song was sad, something I never heard before. I stopped myself from looking at who it was because I was afraid that he will stop. My curiousity was feed when I decided to record it. Wow. He must be a singer or something because I can feel my heart breaking while listening to him. 

"He must be writing a song." I said to myself. Then my phone rings. There stood in front of me a tall and handsome guy, well not as tall and handsome as Jaeseok but there's something about him that makes him special. His eyes were so small that when his face registered shock and anger, it became smaller. It looks like he doesn't have eyes anymore. I noticed that he was wearing the same uniform as Myungsoo so he must be from the University. Why would he sing in our building though?

"Who are you?" He asked.

Then I heard a familiar voice "Jae Eun! We've been looking for you." Sungyoon walked towards me and noticed that I wasn't alone. The grumpy guy tried not to make contact with the two of us and proceeds to leave. He may look grumpy but he looks like a hamster too. I smiled at the thought of him smiling and looking cute.

"Who was that? Please tell me he's not your brother?" Sungyoon's faced was so funny and serious that I laughed when I saw it. 

"No. I don't even know him. Hahaha. Your face looks weird, stop it!" I said while punching his shoulders.

"What weird? This here is the weird face." Then he grabbed my cheeks and stretches it so hard. I remembered when Myungsoo and I did this when we were kids. Okay. I won't cry. I went here to find peace and to rest my mind with all the sad memories I'm remembering but I just started to cry. Like ugly crying. Sungyoon looked so worried that he went to far with the teasing. "What? Why are you crying. Nooo. I'm sorry Jae Eun. Please, I won't do that again." He said. He was too afraid to touch me anymore.

"No. It's not you. I just remembered something." I said this in between sobs.I can't stop crying. What is wrong with me?

Then Sungyoon hugs me. It was a comforting, and warm bearhug. Damn this guy, I always feel weak when I'm with him. He brings out the vulnerable version of me. "You can just cry. I won't ask about it. Just, whatever that is, let it all out. I'm here for you." He said these words with so much care and thoughtfulness that I just cried again. I realized that my heart was beating so fast and I don't even understand how I can feel this way.

When I have calmed down, I started telling him about how my family got separated which is why Myungsoo took our father's surname and that Bomin and I were left with our mother because our father only wants his first male son. Sungyoon didn't asked me anymore about the details. He just listened and let me rant and cry about how I hate being reminded of the bad memories I have.

Then Sungyoon talked about his life. He talked about how he never had friends before Jaeseok and I came. He was alone and people would always say that he looks weird because of how large his front teeth were. I never thought that he was called weird because I really like how cute he looks with his rabbit teeth. I can't even look him in the eyes because I felt bad calling him rabbit whenever I'm teasing him.

"Jae Eun." I looked at him, then I saw his beatiful smile. The best one actually because he just showed his rabbit teeth. How the hell does this guy know how to make me smile. "I like that smile of yours." It was all I can say because I can't stop myself from smiling.

"Well, I love it when you smile." My world just stopped when he said those words. He reached out to my cheeks and pressed on a dimple. "You have this cute little dimple here whenever you smile, it looks cute." I was too stunned to react. I feel like my heart was drowning with all the sadness I felt the past hour and the weird and uneasy emotions I am feeling right now.

Thankfully, Sungyoon draws back his hand and talked first. "It's almost lunch time. Jaseok must be looking for us." He sounds sad and happy at the same time. I can usually read how people feel or think but there was something in him that made me curious. He was hiding some sort of despair that I can't even comprehend.