Chapter 8: Fears

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            “Hey Sica. You misunderstood it. Hwangie is not Tiffany Hwang. I don’t like anyone at the moment. Donghae just keeps on teasing me.” I wiped my tears after those words he told me. Oppa knows how to find the right words to calm a girl down but I still don’t believe him. I know he likes someone. He just doesn’t want to say it. I’m going to ask Donghae Oppa about this.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Okay. Seriously, I don’t know what’s happening. Does my sister like this best friend of mine? Woah. I never knew that. Siwonnie will kill me later, for sure.

 

Siwon’s POV

 

            I should change the topic. The atmosphere is becoming awkward. Oh! Yes! The class is starting now. I should tell it to them as an excuse. “Guys, the physical fitness class is starting.”

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            “Guys, the physical fitness class is starting.” Siwon Oppa told us. The word ‘physical’ brought chills to my body. Physical Fitness class will surely involve physical activities. That . Why did my parents even brought me here. They know me very well and they know that I can’t survive these kinds of activities especially this one because we’re training to be a spy. Do my parents want me to be a spy? What’s the connection of being a spy in our business? And not to mention, I’ll be training for five, long years. Ugh. I’ll just hope for the best.

 

            The teacher starts walking in front of us. She’s a blonde-haired, small, cute girl with a curly hair. I think she is very friendly. She also acts very feminine. Isn’t she the Physical Fitness teacher? Why does she act like this? She suddenly opened . Everyone’s has been on her, even Donghae’s eyes. But unlike us, he seems bored. The teacher starts talking. Our jaws dropped when we heard her voice. She has a very cold voice. This is not what we expected. We expect her to be very enthusiastic but what we witnessed is the total opposite.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Everyone’s eyes were focused in this blonde teacher. I looked at her but she seems uninteresting. She’s not even that pretty. She has no match with Tiffany Hwang. Even this teacher is very feminine, Tiffany’s sophisticated actions are much better. Wait. Why am I thinking about that bossy girl? Aisssh. Lee Donghae, stop thinking about her.

 

            Suddenly, the blonde teacher started to talk and everyone’s jaw dropped, except mine. I laughed at their expressions and the teacher glared at me. “Lee Donghae, is there something funny about my name? Tell me. Is Kim Taeyeon a funny name to you?” I shook my head. Everyone’s eyes were focused to me now. Well, that’s fine. I’m used to this kind of attention.

 

            While the teacher named Taeyeon was telling some lectures to us, I can feel a pair of eyes looking at me. I know that the person is a girl. I tried to peek using my rear view and I saw a doe-eyed girl and the girl Jessica accompanied to the clinic. When I looked at them, the doe-eyed girl waved and winked at me. Another fan girl huh. I looked away but looked again to look at the nerdy girl Jessica accompanied. She looks familiar. I know I have seen her already but where? She caught me staring at her but I quickly looked away.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I can feel that someone is looking at me. I looked around and found Donghae looking at me. Could it be that he is also starting to recognize me? He quickly looked away when I saw him. Why does it feel strange? Anyways, I should pay attention to the teacher. I at physical activities so I really must listen for some advice.

 

            “We will start our first drill for today. You’ll be in partners. I’ll be the one assigning you. Once I call your name, go meet your partner.” What? Drill? For the first day. Let me be partner with Siwon Oppa. I think he could understand my clumsiness. Suddenly, Miss Taeyeon mentions my name. “Hwang Miyoung, you’ll be paired with Lee Donghae.” My life is doomed.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            “Hwang Miyoung, you’ll be paired with Lee Donghae.” Oh nice. I was paired up with a nerd.  At least not with the doe-eyed girl. She’s not my type. I like sophisticated girls like Tiffany. What the hell? I was thinking about her again. Donghae, you’re sick, very sick.

Tiffany’s POV

 

            This can’t be happening. He walked to me and smiled at me. “Hi. Lee Donghae imnida.” Wow. He’s kind of respectful to nerds. That’s cool. I should’ve been a nerd when I met him. “Annyeong. Hwang Miyoung imnida.” I flashed him my famous eye smile but I bet he can’t see it because of these nerd glasses. He suddenly smirked, “Wow. You have eye smile. Just like someone very gorgeous I know.” I smiled at his comment. “Yeah. I inherited those from my mother.”

 

I was surprised with the very alarming whistle of our teacher. “Here’s you first drill! You’re going to get a piece of paper inside this bowl and you will do the task written. Choose a representative for each pair. I’ll give you the materials that you will need.” I told Donghae that he should pick inside the bowl. Jessica was the first one to pick. She picked the obstacle run. She seems to be very enthusiastic about it. Donghae came back with the paper. “Miyoung, I picked the box drill.” Box Drill? Is that even a drill? You’ll just stay inside a box. Wait, what? Inside the box. Oh no.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            When I showed her the paper, I thought she’ll be very happy because we’ll just sit inside the box but that was the total opposite. Her face became very pale. What’s happening? Is she claustrophobic too?

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            Miss Taeyeon went to us and told us to go inside the big box out there. I couldn’t move. I froze on my spot. Donghae seems to be frozen too. What’s happening? Wait, Jessica said he’s claustrophobic too. I think we should back out. But something came to my mind before telling him to back out, Leeteuk Oppa’s words. “BB Fany, that would be easy as pie. Mom and Dad wanted you to be a spy so you would be strong. So you can face your countless fears.” I decided to go in front of the box. I pulled Donghae. He was surprised with my actions. When we are near the box, I suddenly stopped and remembered what exactly happened before.

 

Flashback

8 years ago

            “Tiffany! Let’s play hide and seek!” My friends called me to play our favorite past time. I and my best friend hid inside the elevator of the condominium. We were chuckling inside, not knowing that the elevator was broken. No one knows where we are, even our friends. At first, we just thought that they can’t find us but as time pass by, it’s getting hotter and we can’t breathe anymore. We pressed the button and the door doesn’t open. We cried our hearts out so they can hear us. We heard loud knocks on the door. I and my best friend are panicking, not knowing what to do. We lasted for 3 hours inside. We were very thirsty. My friend, Sulli, has asthma and she can’t breathe inside anymore. It’s very dark inside and our crying adds terror inside. Before the elevator was repaired, I was shocked when Sully fell down. She is having a hard time breathing. I don’t know what to do anymore. All I can do is cry over my best friend. I loved her so dearly. We are always together. Since we are 3 years old, we already played together. Seeing her death gave me trauma which caused me to be claustrophobic. Ever since that happened, I don’t want going inside the elevator anymore. I also can’t sleep when the lights are closed. I can’t even tuck my head inside my blanket for a long time because I feel like I’m dying.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Miyoung dragged me to the big box. When we went nearer to the box, she suddenly stopped, making me stop too. I looked at her and I can see fears in her beautiful eyes. I don’t know what’s happening to her but she looks so scared, just like the way I feel now. I want to back out but something is stopping me. This is my first drill and it would make me a coward. I just need to stay inside the box for one hour while everybody else is doing physical activity. I want to face my fear. I don’t want to be afraid of very small and dark places. If they were in my place, they will feel the same too.

 

Flashback

9 years ago

 

            Appa was driving to the school to get my grades for the first quarter. Umma was sitting beside him while I was sitting at the back of the car. We were traveling the road smoothly when a fast car suddenly lost its brakes which almost bumped to us. The good thing is that Appa was able to keep the car safe from the other car but Appa also lost his control so the car went down the cliff. Under the cliff is a sea. I tried to get out of the car but I can’t. I don’t know how to swim and besides, I’m also panicking. I woke up inside the hospital and I saw the beds beside me. It was my Mom and Dad. They are already dead. As a child, I was in a great shock by what happened. I didn’t grow only claustrophobic but also afraid in pools or sea. I never learned how to swim.

 

            I was about to back out when I remembered those things but Miyoung pulled me once again saying, “I know that you are also claustrophobic. Jessica told me. But we need to face our fears right? Let’s face it together. Besides, it’s just for an hour.

 

            We decided to finally walk inside. I was hesitating about it but Miyoung’s words were able to calm me a little bit. I heard my sister shout, telling me and Miyoung not to do it but we ignored her.

~

Hi there ! Another update ! :">

Whoelse is HaeFany deprived? Leave a comment ! And comments about the chapter is highly appreciated. Don't be shy.

No silent readers, Arasso? I want some feedback so I will have inspiration in writing the next chapter ! :>