Chapter 11: The Wall Paper

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Tiffany broke the hug and thanked me. After bowing at me, I saw the shocked expression in her face. She looks scared. She’s looking at someone behind me. Ooppsss. I think its Siwon. I faced backwards. I was stunned by the look Siwon is giving me. He’s glaring at me. This won’t be good.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            There’s a tension bringing up between these two. I must do something to stop them. I’ll drag both of them to the Ferris wheel.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            Jessica dragged the two guys to the Ferris wheel. When we reached there, I heard my phone rang. “Yoboseyo?” “Oppa! Where?” “Okay, I’m coming.”

 

            Leeteuk Oppa called me for the emergency press conference. I need to go now or I’ll be late. Jessica talked to Siwon for a while. They left Donghae at the line for the ride. I went to him. “Donghae-ssi..” He stopped me by placing his index finger in my lips. “Call me Oppa. Donghae Oppa. Now start again.” I blushed at his action. I can feel my cheeks heating up. He is so cute. He’s chuckling. Aissh. He saw me blush. He said teasing. “Tiffany-Ahh. Did I made you blush? Sorry about that.” He rubbed the back of his head while saying that. He also smiled with embarrassment. In my head, I was like “BWOH? Why is he apologizing? I was the one who blushed. If I’m one of his fan girls, he probably said that I’m obsessed at him.” I asked him. “Did I blush? Maybe it’s because of the hotness in here.” He nodded and asked me. “BTW, what were you saying earlier?” I looked at my watch and found out that I’ll be late if I won’t go now. “Donghae-ssi I mean Oppa, I need to go now. My brother called me and he told me that we have an emergency press conference. Mianhe.” I bowed at him. But before I turn around, he grabbed my phone and he gave me his phone. “Tiffany, let’s continue to communicate, Arasso? I will miss you. Here’s my number. Put your number there too.” I was surprised when he said that he would miss me. I saved my number in his phone. I bowed before leaving him and he pinched my cheeks as a reply. I quickly turned around so he won’t see my blushing cheeks. I ran to the car so I can reach the press conference.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I’ve never been so sweet to a girl. She’s the first one who made me do those things. I even apologized at her for making her blush. I think I’m falling for that girl. But how about Siwon? He will be fuming if he knows this. I was able to get her number. Yes! It’s an achievement. I’ll call her everyday. Suddenly, Siwon and Jessica were walking towards my place. I was about to talk when Siwon said something. “You like Tiffany huh.” I froze at my place, not knowing what to say. Finally, I was able to think of a good excuse. “Of course not Siwon. She was just so scared. She hugged me because she’s afraid that people will see her crying.” Jessica looks like she believed. But what I said is really true. She really cried that’s why she hugged me.

 

Siwon’s POV

 

            He sure looks convincing. So that’s why Tiffany rubbed her eyes. But still, they hugged each other. I won’t let this pass Lee Donghae.

 

            I was looking around. Tiffany’s not here. Where is she? I asked Jessica and Donghae. “Hey, where’s Tiffany?” Jessica said that she doesn’t know. Suddenly, Donghae talked. “Siwon, I almost forgot. Tiffany went a few minutes ago. She has to attend an emergency press conference. She also said sorry because she can’t be with us for the whole day.” Now, Tiffany isn’t here anymore? How can I calm down if our date was ruined by Donghae? Ahhhh. If he is not my best friend, I probably punched him straight to the face right now.

 

Evening….

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I can’t stop looking at this picture of her. While she is not paying attention to me, I took a picture of her. It’s so cute. I’m going to make this my wall paper and I’ll promise that Siwon will not see this.

 

            Suddenly, I remembered that I have Tiffany’s number. I should call her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            It’s a good thing the press conference went well. I remembered what happened earlier in the amusement park. I never thought that Donghae is so sweet. But I’m sure, if he sees my nerdy face again, he’ll surely fume.

 

            Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing. I quickly grabbed it without looking at the caller I.D.

 

“Yoboseyo.”

“Annyeong Tiffany!”

“Annyeong Donghae Oppa!”

“How’s the press conference?”

“It was fine.”

“Ohh. Good. How are you?”

“We just met earlier. HAHA. But I’m fine.”

“I was just checking maybe something happened to you. Just to be sure.”

“If something happened to me, I probably might not be talking to you right now. By the way, why did you called?”

“Uhm. Because.. I just missed you.”

“Really? Well, I don’t hear the sincere ness in your voice.”

“I don’t want to repeat it again Fany Ah. You’re embarrassing me.”

“Am I? Well, I’m sorry.”

“No, no. That’s fine. Did you ate dinner already”

“Of course I did Oppa. I was about to sleep when you called.”

“Ohh. Really? Sorry about that. You should sleep now.”

“No. its fine. If you still want to talk, I’ll still be up.”

“Really? Then, I won’t let you sleep.”

“Aw. Oppa. You’re so bad.”

“Is that bad? Am I too bad to want to hear your voice all night long?”

“You really want to hear my voice? Then you should get a recorder and record my voice instead of making me skip sleep.”

“Why didn’t I think of that?”

“I don’t know. Go. Go. Get a recorder instead.”

“I’ll get a recorder in one condition.”

“What condition?”

“You’ll say what I want you to say. Arasso?”

“Okay. Just make sure it won’t be rude.”

“Promise.”

“Get a recorder now so I can sleep. HAHA.”

“Here. I got it. Okay, say the magic words.”

“Magic words? HAHA. Weird.”

“What’s weird?”

“Nothing. Just say those magic words.”

“Okay, here is it. I had fun in the amusement park Oppa.”

“I had fun in the amusement park Oppa.”

“But I was too nervous when I rode the space shuttle.”

“Wait, why do I have to say that?”

“Shhh. We’re recording.”

“But I was too nervous when I rode the space shuttle.”

“Then, you touched my hand and I felt secured.”

“Oh my gosh Oppa. I’m like lying here.”

“I said we’re recording.”

“Okay. Then, you touched my hand and I felt secured.”

“After the ride, I ended up crying so I hugged you.”

“Wait. This is so weird.”

“You’re ruining the recording.”

“But you’re making me sound like a fan girl of yours.”

“But aren’t you?”

“No, I’m not.”

“But I’m your fanboy.”

“So, what does that mean?”

“I uhm. I li- wanted you to become my fan girl.”

“No way Oppa.”

“Ouch. I’m hurt.”

“Really? But I’m sleepy.”

“What’s the connection?”

“I really wanted to sleep.”

”Aw. You broke your promise.”

“I didn’t promise anything Oppa.”

“It hurts me Fany Ah. I’ll track your school tomorrow and I will make sure that the day won’t end without the both of us seeing together if you won’t say the last worsd I wanted you to say.”

“Okay. Fine. What are the words?”

“Here it is. Take Care Donghae Oppa. I miss you. It’s easy.”

“Oppa, are you really thinking I would fall for your pleads.”

“No, I just want you to say those words. It makes my day hearing your voice.”

“Then, just choose other words. Not those.”

“But. Ugh. If you won’t tell those words, I won’t talk to you anymore.”

“Then don’t. I won’t say those words.”

“I never thought that you are so mean Tiffany.”

“Well, now you know.”

“Okay. Good Night Fany Ah. Please delete my number now. Arasso?”

 

He dropped the phone without letting me answer back. Is he serious? I’ll text him. If he won’t answer, I will call him.

 

To: Donghae Oppa

From: Tiffany

 

Oppa! Sorry! >_<

 

I’ll just wait for his reply until tomorrow. Maybe he is sleeping already.

 

On Monday…

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            She’s so mean. I will not reply her text messages. I promise I won’t. I’ll just look at my wall paper all day long. Besides, it’s still her. Suddenly, I looked at my side and saw a smirking Jessica. “Yah. Oppa, why is your wall paper Tiffany? You like her? Am I correct?” Aish. Now my talkative sister knows it. “Of course not. This is not her.” She replied with an excited voice. “Then who is it? Hwang? Hwang Tiffany? Oh my gosh Oppa. You are blushing.” This is girl is so naughty. I know that I’m not blushing. She’s just trying to catch me. “Look. I’m not blushing. You should start wearing glasses and you need thick ones.” She grabbed my phone and she looked at the wall paper with a teasing expression. “OMO! Oppa is in-love! Everyone must know this!” Is this girl crazy? “Are you crazy? If they know this, they’ll hate her!” She stopped for a while. “Well, I’ll just say it to Siwon Oppa and Miyoung!” What the hell. Siwon and that nerd? “Let’s just keep this as a secret. Please?” I gave her a pleading look that nobody can resist. She nodded but she didn’t gave back my phone. In an instant, we’re already in the school and the car stopped. She rushed to go outside so the fans won’t catch her. I tried to follow her but she’s too fast. She didn’t go inside the corridor. She just went to the bench where Miyoung is. She’s going to show the phone to Miyoung. What happened to her? Is she insane?

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I went to school early and I sat at the bench near the big tree to shade myself from the sun. Suddenly, I saw Jessica running to me. Donghae was following her but he stopped when he saw me. If he knows that I’m Tiffany he wouldn’t be like this.

 

            When Jessica reached me, she is panting and she faced her brother and raced the phone she is holding. Oh, that’s his phone. She was about to show me something when Donghae went in front of us and he tried grabbing his phone. Jessica didn’t handed it to him. Instead she went inside the campus. Donghae was left with me. Before leaving, he glared at me.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            Oppa has very predictable reflexes. I know what to do. I should print screen this and send the picture in my phone.

 

            I quickly sent it in my phone. I found Donghae Oppa panting behind me. I handed back the phone to him. “You’re lucky because I didn’t showed that to Miyoung and Siwon Oppa.”

 

~

Short update! Please leave comments. Criticisms are higly appreciated !:>