Chapter 27: Teamwork and Sacrifices

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

“We can’t leave her here.”

Sunny told him but an alarm rang through their ears.

“We are doomed.”

Nichkhun told her, alarmed.

“What does the alarm mean?”

Sunny asked him, looking so frantic.

“We are running out of time. The others are probably still in a maze like us. Go! Look for the boss! Don’t wait for us. Just be aware of your surroundings.”

Sunny ran out of the door and left the two of them. Nichkhun was left with Tiffany who is lying on the floor, clueless of what is happening.

“I won’t leave you.”

-

Agent Kris and Agent Oh are still watching what’s happening inside. They were bored on the first few minutes but when the woman with the knife attacked Agent Sunny, they were amazed.

“That girl is swift.”

Agent Oh stated as a matter of fact.

“I think this group of young agents are well trained. Everyone is alert. The girl on heels-“

Agent Kris was stopped by Sehun.

“Agent Tiffany, sir.”

Sehun smiled at him as if he somehow won the conversation, as if it was actually a battle.

“Agent Tiffany was alert too but the man holding that handkerchief got her.”

Wufan smiled, pointing out her weakness.

“That was pretty unexpected Wufan. I understand the situation.”

Sehun defended her side.

“You did that two years ago, and you know that it wasn’t that hard.”

Wufan smirked, still debating at what just happened.

“Well, it got someone else, right?”

Sehun still stood up to defend what he believes is right. They go through these arguments a lot.

“We both know that he is not as good as you.”

Wufan laid some facts as he defended his side.

“Well, Agent Tiffany is not as good as me yet.”

Their argument stopped when they saw a man lifting Tiffany.

-

Nichkhun will never leave her, especially in times like these. He knows her weakness. Despite the strong attitude she shows and the great abilities and skills she developed, she still has weaknesses deep inside her. She doesn’t want to be alone, especially in dark rooms. They talked about this many times, whenever they are alone. The ‘what if you got stuck alone in a dark room in one of our missions’ laid by Nichkhun was always answered by Tiffany’s cheeky smiles. So he decided to answer his what if instead.

He walked through the corridors for five good minutes without being intervened by armed people. Then suddenly, a man, holding a baseball bat almost hit Tiffany on the head but he got away with it. He placed Tiffany as quick as possible to the ground and the man took that as an advantage to hit him on the shoulders. He was hurt of course, but he fought him through the pain. He finally beat the man and to his surprise, he met the others in front of a big door.

“I guess this is it.”

Seohyun told them but when they saw Tiffany being carried by Nichkhun, they went to their way.

“What happened?”

A guy went at Taecyeon’s back but then, he was able to see it and he hit him instead.

“A man covered with a hanky sprayed with an inhalant.”

Sunny told them.

“But, are we still going to bring her inside? Or should we leave her here?”

Yuri asked Nichkhun but he fixed Tiffany’s position at his back and smiled.

“I won’t leave her here.”

The final stage inside was pretty easy. They saw the last door and a man was sitting in front of the table.

“Good day Agents.”

Suddenly, Taecyeon attacked him but he caught his arm easily and instead, beat the boy to the ground. Yuri tried to kick him full on the chest but he grabbed her foot and she stumbled to the ground. Seohyun and Sunny attacked him at the same time, but being a strong man in his small built was unexpected. The two girls dropped at the ground. Now it was only the three of them. Kyuhyun, Nichkhun and a sleeping Tiffany. Nichkhun was about to stand up but Kyuhyun went first and smacked his head. That was good. Nichkhun thought. But the man kicked him below and that made Kyuhyun fall. Now, it was Nichkhun’s turn. He attacked the man and minutes later, both of them are panting. They fall in both knees and the lights suddenly went on. A door opened, Nichkhun noted that he wasn’t able to see that earlier. It revealed Agent Kris.

“This group impressed me, especially you Agent Nichkhun. Just to let you know, that is Agent Luhan. Apparently, he is one of the top agents here. I lied about telling you that you will only meet middle ranking agents.”

The others tried to stand up. It was unbelievable that 5 of them were knocked down by a small figured man.

“Good job Agent Luhan.”

The said agent just nodded at Agent Kris’ praise.

Suddenly, Tiffany stirred and they heard her getting up.

“The effect of the inhalant lasted for a few minutes only. It was not as strong as others.”

Agent Kris told them. Nichkhun went to Tiffany and helped her up.

“The task is already done?!”

She half shouted to Nichkhun who is smiling at her.

“That inhalant got me there.”

She pouted and the others started laughing then someone talked, causing them to stop chuckling.

“That got me too. Two years ago.”

It was Agent Luhan. He was smiling brightly at Tiffany. Tiffany, who looks embarrassed about the thing that just happened was somehow relieved after knowing she isn’t alone. They exchanged smiles and then the group started walking inside the room where Agent Kris went out. He handed them water bottles and smiled at them.

“You are going to get your first mission tomorrow, Agents.”

~~

Happy New Year Readers! Start the year right by leaving some comments and purchasing I Got A Boy albums legally. Thanks for reading this chapter guys! I hope you don't get tired waiting for my updates.