Chapter 16: The Camping Trip (Part 2)

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

Part 2: Day 2-Day 3

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Wow, I woke up really early. I went out of the tent to get some fresh air. There is no one outside except for me so I guess, they are not yet awake. I walked to the nearest bench. When I was about to sit down, I saw a girl at the other side. Oh. It’s Tiffany. I walked to her.

 

            “Good Morning Tiffany.” She looked at me, shocked. “Omo! You scared me.” I sat beside her. She looks like there are many thoughts running in her mind. “I’m sorry.” I murmured. She looked at me. “Pardon, but can you repeat what you said? I wasn’t able to hear it.” “I’m sorry.” She answered with a little bit high pitched voice. “Stop mumbling. Just tell it to me.” I faced her. I’m very nervous about this. I’m eating my pride right now. “Hwang Miyoung….” She looked away. “It’s Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang.” I still continued. “… I’m s-sorry.” Why is it very hard for me to say sorry? Especially to her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            “… I’m s-sorry.” I don’t know how I should reply. What should I say? Should I say its fine? Of course I should not say its fine because it is not. I kept my mouth shut. He talked again. “I’ve been a jerk. I don’t know if you can forgive me. Well, it’s fine if you don’t. I understand you. I just want you to know that I’m really sorry for everything I did.” He stood up. I wasn’t able to move from my place.

 

            Tiffany, don’t believe him. He needs to receive the cruelest punishment in the world.

 

I will prove him wrong. I must.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I know she can’t forgive me so easily. In my rear view, I saw Nichkhun making his way towards Tiffany. I can hear their conversation clearly.

 

“Good Morning Fany Ah.”

“Hey! Khunnie! Good Morning! How’s your sleep?”

“Well, it’s fine. I actually dreamt of her.”
”Aw. Sorry for bringing up that stuff last night Khunnie.”

“Nah. It’s fine. I should say thank you to you because you are always willing to listen to me.”

“Like what you said, that’s what friends are for.”

            Friends? Is that what you call friends? Holding hands, hugging. Those are not the actions of typical friends. Wait. Donghae, stop getting jealous. Don’t stress yourself too much!

 

First Challenge…

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            The teachers asked us to gather around. “Okay. Trainees! We decided to group 3 pairs for this activity. This activity will take a lot of time.  Each group should collect 10 rings. This is to test your eye skills and your determination.” Yoona arrogantly blurted. “That’s easy! Huh! 10 rings only? We can find that in less than an hour.” The YG agency teacher discussed further. “Miss Im. If you think it is a big ring, well you are absolutely wrong. The ring we are talking about here is the ring we wear on our fingers. It will be easy for you if you are a good observer. You can find it in the ground or branches. Anything can be a possible place to hide it.” A small ring?! That would be impossible. The forest is a big place. Tiffany raised her hand. “What if we weren’t able to find the 10 rings?” “Good question Miss Hwang. Then, you can’t eat dinner today.” Everyone gasped. The teacher added. “Our dinner today is turkey. If you can’t find the rings, then no turkey for tonight.”

 

            The teacher started to announce the groups. “Group One: Seo Joo-hyun and Cho Kyuhyun, Kwon Yuri and Ok Taecyeon, Choi Sooyoung and Kim Ryeowook. Group Two: Im Yoona and Lee Donghae, Choi Siwon and Lee Jessica, Horvejkul Nichkhun and Hwang Tiffany….” Oh so I’m with these lovey dovey couple. It’s a good thing Siwon and Jessica are also here. At least they would be shy showing their sweetness.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            Wow! Perfect group! I should make my first move.

 

Walking to the woods….

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            “Hey guys. We should split into two groups!” Yoona butted in. “Okay then. Let’s go Donghae Oppa.” This girl is really nuts. “Yoona! To be fair, we won’t come with our activity partners. I and Yoona will get to choose our members through Jack and Poy. The one who wins will be the first one to choose their group mates.” Yoona walked in front of me. “Okay Fine!” I won the first batch. Of course, I chose Donghae Oppa. Yoona looked so grumpy. “Aisssh. This is so unfair Jessica.” I said teasing. “But I played fair.” She chooses Siwon Oppa instead. Unfortunately, she won the second. But of course, she won’t choose Tiffany. “The blonde haired guy. Whatever your name is.” Tiffany corrected Yoona. “He has a name. He is Nichkhun.” Yoona looked shocked. “Ni-nichkhu-hun Oppa?” All of us are confused. They know each other? Wow. What a small world. But why Yoona just knew what his name is when Tiffany said it? “Do you know each other?” The guy named Nichkhun said in a bored tone. “Let’s keep going. I want to have dinner, okay?” Tiffany still didn’t move from her place.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I’m so confused. Yoona knows him? But why didn’t she realize that its Nichkhun in the first place? I’m confused. I suddenly remembered what he said the last night.

 

“After that day, my world became dark. I changed. I rarely smile. I became a jerk. I bet she doesn’t remember me anymore. She’s really pretty you know. She can have guys around her in just one snap.”He changed. Oh yes. He changed. That’s why she can’t remember him. But she looked really shocked. I should ask him about her later.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            This is the perfect opportunity to start putting my plan into action. Oppa doesn’t know what’s on my mind right now and I don’t have plans on telling it to him.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            “Oppa! I need to pee!” Jessica looked like she can’t control it anymore. She walked away from us. Ten minutes passed by and she still haven’t come back. I wonder where she is.

 

            “Jessica! Sica! Lee Jessica!” I shouted at the forest. I almost forgot that I was with Tiffany. She ran towards me. “Donghae! Why are you shouting?” She looked at me with worried eyes. “Jessica is lost. I can’t find her anywhere. She asked permission to pee but she didn’t come back anymore.” She looked very worried. “Omo. Omo. Omo. Jessi.” She paced back and forth. “We need to find her.” She looked at me with very sincere eyes. “But how about the dinner?” I asked. “Forget that! It’s just a simple dinner. Finding Jessica is the important thing here.”

 

            She dragged me to the middle of the forest. We were walking for almost three hours and still, no sign of Jessica or any group mates. “Tiffany, I think we are lost.” She faced me, with teary eyes. “Are we really lost? Where is Jessica?” She looks really cute but it breaks my heart seeing her like this. I hugged her. It felt like heaven while I was hugging her. “Tiffany, I don’t know where we are and I don’t know where Jessica is. But I promise you, you’ll be safe by my side.”

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I was about to cry when he suddenly hugged me. “Tiffany, I don’t know where we are and I don’t know where Jessica is. But I promise you, you’ll be safe by my side.” Once again, I felt much secured. Even though I felt really secured, my tears didn’t from streaming down my cheeks. I don’t want to fall head over heels with this man again. I need to complete my mission first.

 

            The sun is going back to rest again. “Tiffany, we need to rest. Look at you, you look very tired. Let’s find a place where we can spend the night.” He placed his arms across my shoulders. I wanted to remove it but it felt so good. His arms always give me a warm feeling, the feeling of being loved.

 

            “Donghae, I’m tired. Let’s just stay under this tree.” I told him weakly. “Arasso. But are you sure that you are fine with this place.” He asked me with full of care in the tone of his voice. “We have no choice. Everything in this forest looks like this.”

 

            I leaned on the tree and rested my head there. Suddenly, I felt like someone is wrapping a jacket to me. I opened my eyes and saw that Donghae is wrapping his leather jacket to me. “B-but, you might get cold.” He smiled. “I won’t. Now, rest your head on my lap so you will be comfortable.” I hesitated at first but in the end, I also rested on his lap. He really is caring. This is the second time I saw this side of him.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            Oh my gosh. It’s very late already but Donghae Oppa and Tiffany aren’t here yet. Our group mates are bugging me since we got back. They keep asking me the same question. “Sica, where is Tiffany and Donghae?” Siwon Oppa looked very worried. “I don’t know Oppa. I just left them for a while and they were lost.” Yoona glared at me. “Why did you leave them? Are you insane? You know that we are inside the forest! This forest is very big!” Siwon Oppa stopped Yoona. “Do you think you are the only one worried here? Do you think shouting at her will do anything? Just shut your mouth Yoona.” Oppa looks angry while Nichkhun is very calm.

 

            When everyone was already sleeping. I murmured to myself. “Yah. Babo Jessica. You shouldn’t have left them. You should have just thought of a better plan. Look now, they are lost. You didn’t even helped them. You even put them into danger.” Suddenly, I heard someone walking towards me. “So, this is your plan eh?” I stood up. “You heard what I said?” He looked at me with curious eyes. “Obviously, I did. Why are you even helping them?” I gulped. I don’t know what to say. “It’s none of your business Nichkhun.” He sat at the bench where I was sitting earlier. “I’m just trying to help.” I sat beside him. “Okay. So I just wanted them to be back as friends again.” He asked with bored expressions. “Why? Did they even fight?” I sighed. “It’s a long story, you know. One night is not enough to tell it all.” He moved a little bit. “Just give me a summary.” This guy really wants to know it huh. “Well, Donghae Oppa humiliated Tiffany in front of many people. But my brother isn’t a bad guy. He just doesn’t like Miyoung. Miyoung is geeky but she is also Tiffany. She disguised as a geek because she doesn’t want attention from a lot of people.” He nodded. “Ohh.” We stayed silent for a while. “So, what are you going to do now?” He asked me. Honestly, I don’t know. I have no plans. “I don’t know. I really don’t know.” He stood up. “You’re just going to wait here until they come back?” I wasn’t able to answer. Will I? I guess that’s the best I can do.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I can’t sleep. I don’t know why. She just keeps me awake. Looking at her face makes me contented. ‘I don’t want this day to end.’

 

            I woke up to the sound of the birds. Wow, I was able to sleep. Tiffany is still sleeping soundly. I didn’t move so she won’t wake up. Looking at her face made my day. Suddenly, I wondered if they are looking for us. And what about Jessica? Where is she? I hope she’s fine.

 

            Tiffany started moving. She sat up and yawned. She’s so cute. I can’t help but smile at her little actions. She looked at me and I can see that she was embarrassed. “Omo. Sorry Donghae.” Suddenly, we heard a guy calling her name. “Tiffany! Where are you?!” The voice is very familiar. “Someone came to find us. It’s Nichkhun!” She stood up and followed the voice. She saw the arrogant guy. She ran and hugged him. “Khunnie! You found us!” He hugged her back. He kissed he forehead. “Tiffany, I’m glad you are alright.” Oh d*mn. He really ruins our moments.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I hugged Nickhun tightly. I cried. He kissed my forehead. “Tiffany, I’m glad you are alright.” I don’t want to let go. When I’m with him, my feelings just get complicated. I can’t understand who I really like. “Thank you Khunnie. Thank you very much.”

 

            He accompanied us back to the camp. Everyone looked very worried. Jessica hugged me. “Tiffany! I’m sorry. I’m sorry for leaving you there.” She cried while saying those words to me. “That’s fine Jessica. Don’t put the blame on yourself.” I hugged her tightly. Suddenly, Siwon Oppa came to us. “I’m glad you’re alright Fany Ah. We’ve been so worried.” I smiled at him. “Thanks Oppa. I won’t be able to make it if Donghae isn’t with me.”

 

            I almost forgot Donghae! Where is he? I looked around and I found him sitting in the corner. I went to him and bowed. “Thanks Donghae. Here’s your jacket.” I gave back the jacket to him but he hesitated to get it. “Keep it. I want you to always keep warm.” Suddenly, Yoona popped out of no where. “Oppa! I missed you! I was so worried last night! I wasn’t able to sleep well. Are you alright? Did something happen to you?” He answered, very annoyed. “I was fine already but I am not when you came.” She pouted. I decided to leave them. She’s really desperate.

 

            Suddenly, a hand pulled my wrist. I faced him. Yoona’s eyes went wide. “Tiffany…” He stood up and hugged me. “I’m sorry Tiffany. I’m really sorry. I hope you’ll forgive me someday.” Everyone is looking at us. There was a complete silence. I froze. I don’t know if I should return the hug or if I should break the hug. He didn’t let go of me. We stayed like that for a few seconds when suddenly, I felt something wet on my shoulders. He is crying. He broke the hug and he kneeled like he just got beaten in a fight. He bowed his head, still crying. “What should I do so that you can forgive me?” I still can’t move. What am I going to do? I don’t know. This scene is so frustrating. I like him, I really do. But I promised myself to prove him that his accusations are wrong.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I don’t know what’s happening to me. I wasn’t able to control my emotions. Instead, my emotions controlled me. I suddenly hugged her. After a few seconds, my tears started to roll down my cheeks. I kneeled so they won’t be able to see. I’m making a scene. What am I doing? Yoona will probably blame Tiffany for everything that happened again.

 

            “Oppa. Come on. Let’s get some fresh air.” Jessica pulled me to the woods. Thank God I have a sister who understands me very well. “Thanks Jessica.” I thanked her, wiping my tears. “Oppa, you really love her huh.” I looked at her, curiously. “What are you saying?” She looked at me with wide eyes. “Are you kidding me Oppa? This is the first time you hugged and cried for a girl!” I shook my head. This is embarrassing. I don’t know if I can still face her. Stupid emotions.

 

Siwon’s POV

 

            I guess me and my best friend fell for the same girl. Well, I can’t blame him. A very special girl like her is really worth the love. I think I should let her go. Since she sees me only as a brother and that’s the biggest thing she could give me, I should give her to the person who changed just for her, the person who deserves her even though he has been the biggest jerk.

 

            I followed the Lee siblings. “Yah. Lee Donghae.” He looked at me with worried eyes. “Don’t worry. I’m not angry.” He gave me a small smile. “But you loved her since your high school days.” Jessica looked at me with pitiful eyes. “Yah! You deserve her, Jerk! Look, this is the first time you did that. Can you believe it? You cried for a girl!” He shook his head. “Yeah, I still can’t believe I did that, in front of everyone.”

 

            I went to him and I patted his shoulders. “I’m letting her go. You deserve her. She just treats me like a big brother and that’s the only thing she could give to me, nothing more.” He looked at me and whispered. “You know, she liked Nichkhun.” What the heck is he saying? “I saw them hug yesterday. And earlier, when Nichkhun found us, they hugged like the world is going to end. He even kissed her forehead.”

 

Jessica’s POV

 

            I can’t believe what I’m hearing right now. Siwon Oppa just admitted in front of me that he loves Tiffany and Donghae Oppa thinks Nichkhun and Tiffany like each other? Jessica, wake up!

 

            “Oppa, are you sure?” He nodded, face palming. I can’t stand this depressing sight of him anymore. For the first time, he showed me this side of him. This is the first time I saw him very weak. Oppa really loves her. He really does.

 

~

Hi. Sorry if I wasn't able to update in a while. I'm really busy and I lack inspiration nowadays. I need your feedback for this chapter. If I get 5+ feedbacks, I'll update as soon as I can.

Sorry for the boring chapter. and there, I gave you a HaeFany moment. Sorry for the SiFany shippers here. I hope you'll understand.

Criticisms are highly appreciated! :>