Chapter 9: Rumors

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            I felt chills went down my spine when we entered the box. I almost shouted when the teacher closed the box. I didn’t notice that I and Donghae were still holding hands. I think he felt my shivering and the coldness of my hands. Since we went inside, I didn’t dare to open my eyes. I don’t know how I could survive this for an hour. All I can think about now is Sulli’s death in front of my eyes. Donghae suddenly had the courage to talk. “Miyoung, I’m scared. But it seems that you are more scared. I thought I’m the only one who feels this way. Why are you so scared? What’s the reason?” I couldn’t utter any word. All I really remember now is that traumatic experience. Before I was able to say a word, I sobbed. He can hear my sobs clearly. I think he went near me because I can feel his breath. He whispered to me, “Miyoung-Ah, why are you crying? Did I tell something wrong?” Now, I was able to reply, “I witnessed someone die. I saw someone very important die in front of me.” He patted my back. Despite the comforting he is doing, I still can’t open my eyes. I’m afraid that if I opened my eyes, I’ll witness that moment again. Now, it’s my turn to ask. “Donghae, why are you claustrophobic?” I asked him, still not opening my eyes. “It’s a long story, a very painful one. I and my parents had an accident and we fell down the cliff which makes us trapped. After that, my parents died.” I can feel his sorrow while telling me what happened. Suddenly, I can’t breathe. I don’t know why. I opened my eyes and screamed. I also don’t know why I did that. All I know now is that I can’t breathe and they opened the box so we can make our way out. When I saw the light, my eyes closed.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I was surprised when I heard someone panting. I think that’s Miyoung. She can’t breathe. She suddenly screamed which made me panicked. Miss Taeyeon opened the box and we went out. I rushed to the clinic and I carried her, bridal style. I know this is really embarrassing. I never did this but I really pity this girl. She would also pay for my deed someday.

 

Siwon’s POV

 

            While we were busy doing the obstacle run, we heard a loud scream from the box. I know that it’s Tiffany so I rushed and I saw Donghae carrying her. He brought her to the clinic. I hope nothing bad happens. I think the teacher made it on purpose to make them choose that drill. She made some trick. She wanted those two to face their fears. But why on the first drill?

 

The next day….

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            Jessica went out of the car and I noticed that there are only few fan girls outside. I went down immediately and asked them where the others are. At first, they hesitated to reply. But one weird-haired girl answered me, “They stopped following you because you already have a girl friend. They can’t believe that it’s a nerd. They said you don’t have a taste when it comes to girls.” I suddenly saw Siwon on my way which made some fan girls squealed. He asked the weird-haired girl, “What’s going on here? Where are Donghae’s so-called fan girls?” The girl replied, “They all backed out. They thought that he doesn’t have a taste in girls. He even chose a nerd to be his girl friend.” Siwon and Jessica were puzzled. They asked together, “What? Girl friend?” The girl nodded and she said the name. “The girl named Hwang Miyoung.” Siwon suddenly burst out. I don’t know why. “What?! HWANG MIYOUNG?!” He faced me and asked me, “Is that true?!” I was shocked with his actions. I told him that those were rumors. Nothing but rumors.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            When I came inside the campus, I was surprised when the other girls were bowing to me while the others are glaring. Suddenly, a doe-eyed girl went to me and pushed me. She pointed her fingers to me. The tall girl at her back tried to stop her but she still continued it. “Yah! You Miyoung! You are so ugly!” Suddenly, I saw Siwon running towards me. “Hey you! What do you think you are doing?!” Siwon said those words to the doe-eyed girl while he helped me stand up. He also added, “Choi Sooyoung, stop making friends with those kind of girls. They’re not worth the friendship you are giving.”

 

Yoona’s POV

 

            I can’t believe Choi Siwon, this very handsome man, an almost perfect man defended this nerd. Can’t he see that this girl is really ugly and that she doesn’t deserve Donghae.

 

            I was a little bit embarrassed because everyone is looking at the four of us. But the flirt in front of us must be more ashamed. She doesn’t have the looks, unlike me who is admired by many girls and boys.

 

            Suddenly, Sooyoung dragged me to the hallway. She shouted at me. “I told you not to do that. Now, Oppa doesn’t like you as my friend anymore.” I replied with a smirk. “I don’t care about what Siwon Oppa will think of me. All I care about is what Donghae Oppa feels for me.”

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

            My best friend is so delusional. I don’t know why she is so crazy about Donghae Oppa, thinking that he likes her. I can’t understand this girl. She added, “Syoo, Donghae Oppa goes to your house often right? Tell him to go there. I’ll go to your house!” I face palmed after hearing that. “Yoong, to be honest, Donghae Oppa likes someone now.” Yoona still smiled, “You mean, that nerd? She’s nothing. No one can fight with my looks. If he’ll see how gorgeous I am, he’ll drool.” Being her best friend, I need to tell her that she’s a Narcissist. “Yoona, to be honest, you’re loving yourself way too much. I’ll state two girls who are way better than you. The first is Jessica Lee and the second is probably the most beautiful girl in Korea that you’ll ever see, Tiffany Hwang.” She can’t believe that I’m saying those things to her. I walked away from her and I saw a guy who I think is listening to us. When I saw him, I was so shocked.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

            I heard the doe-eyed girl’s conversation with Sooyoung clearly. I can’t believe that she thinks that I like her. Suddenly, I hid when I saw Sooyoung coming my way. But she still saw me. She was shocked when she saw me. “Oppa! What are you doing here?” She asked me surprised. “I was just walking by when I heard that girl named Yoona telling my name. I was a curious so I eavesdropped your conversation. She’s a narcissist to be honest.” Sooyoung let out a small chuckle. “I know Oppa. I don’t know why I’m still with her even her attitude is like this. I guess I just love her as a friend too much.” I smiled at her. She’s really caring.

 

            I passed by the day dreaming Yoona and she noticed me. She looked at me with awe. But then, I saw Tiffany and Siwon. I went to Tiffany which caused Yoona to follow me. It made me angry seeing her.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

            Donghae went to me with a furious look. Suddenly, I heard him say something. “Yah! You nerd!” Is he talking to me? Of course, I’m the only nerd here. I can see people crowding around us. Siwon Oppa was still with me. He held my shoulders. I felt much secured with his touched. I was about to say something when Siwon Oppa answered Donghae. “Hae, what’s with the calling of nerd?” He became more furious. Did I do something wrong?

 

            He stopped right in front of me, the crowd is seeing what’s happening now. “What is this rumor you invented? You like me, don’t you? You’re trying to make stories so everyone will think that we are a couple.” Everyone gasped. I was so shocked to answer. I didn’t even knew that there were rumors. I asked him, still shocked. “What rumors? I didn’t heard any rumor since I went here.” He hold my arms violently. “Acting so shocked? I see. You’re playing safe huh.” Siwon Oppa interrupted. “Donghae, easy. She’s a girl.” Donghae still held my hands, and now, he’s squeezing it. The blood can’t flow because of the tightness of his grip. “Aw, Donghae, it hurts. Please let my hand go.” He smirked at me. “You, don’t ever go near me. Were not even friends….” He was cut off when he heard Jessica shouting from not afar. “Oppa! Donghae Oppa! What are you doing to Miyoung?!” She ran to me as fast as she can. Donghae did his best so he can hurt me. ”Ouch, Donghae! Let go of my hand! You’re accusing me without even a proof that I’m the one who spread those rumors. You’re not even attractive to me!” Everyone gasped to what I said. I bet the fan girls are ripping my head off inside their mind but I don’t care. He loosened his grip to my hand, smiling. “You think you can pretend that you don’t like me?” Jessica interrupted once again. “Oppa, she’s right. You don’t have an evidence to accuse her. Oppa, listen to me, I know who spread those rumors. It’s some fan girl of yours. I don’t know her name but I know what she looks like.”

 

Donghae’s POV

            This is so embarrassing. I should’ve known the consequence. But they’ll still love me. I don’t care. But this nerd in front of me doesn’t deserve anything from me. I said with a cool expression. “I will let that fan girl get away with this. But you, nerd, don’t get near me, EVER.”

I just updated it earlier and I'm updatin it again. Thanks for the comments and to the person who asked if I hate Yoona, no I don't hate her. I love SNSD so much. I just made her the villain in the story and that doesn't mean that I hate her already.

I need comments. Please feel free to give criticisms. I appreciate it a lot!