Chapter 23: A Lost Chance

Damsel in Distress [HIATUS]

 

Like the usual days, Donghae still fetch Tiffany from the house to the agency. They bid goodbye to each other, not knowing this might be their last share of hugs and kisses.

“Fany, take care of yourself. Just call me if something bad happens. I love you.”

He places a slight peck on the tip of her nose.

“I will. Take care of yourself too. And I love you too.”

They part ways and as soon as Tiffany takes her first step when Donghae left, she felt eyes & murmurs around her. Then she saw Yuri and the others running to her. She was baffled. They all seem concerned, except for Nichkhun who isn’t there.

“Tiffany, have you seen this?”

Seohyun handed her a brown envelope. She shrugged and took it from her.

“What’s inside this? And hey, you all look like you have seen ghosts.”

She chuckled but they still look as serious as before.

“Just check it out.”

Taecyeon told her seriously which sent her chills. She knows there is something wrong. She opened the envelope and as soon as she saw the photo, her knees seem to lose all the strength, making her fall to the ground.

“Tiffany!”

Yuri and Seohyun kneeled beside her and hugged her. Tiffany tried to stop the tears from flowing but it won’t halt.

“No. No. I am not seeing this right, right? This isn’t him. THIS IS NOT DONGHAE, RIGHT?!”

-

Donghae is on his way to his school when he nearly bumped a kid. He went down the car to check if the kid was alright. Fortunately, the kid did not get any bruise or wasn’t hurt. He patted the kid’s head before coming back to the car. When he sat down, he felt nervous but Donghae just shrugged it and thought it was just because of the adrenaline rush he had just now, not knowing it was some instinct coming from the damage done to his almost perfect relationship just now.

-

After seeing the photos, Nichkhun knew very well that Sunye was the girl kissing Donghae. Not wanting the news to spread out, he went to the said girl but unfortunately, it went by so fast like electricity and he knows that in no time, it will reach Tiffany too. He promised to himself that he will protect Tiffany so as soon as he went to Sunye, he can’t help but punch her. Gladly, he was able to control himself.

“Oh look, you found out so fast? How was the angle? Is it fine?”

Sunye smirked and teased Nichkhun.

“Filthy girls know nothing but to destroy whatever perfect they see.”

Nichkhun told her out of his rage.

“We both know that they aren’t perfect. Be true to yourself Blondie! You like her, right? And you wished to be in Donghae’s position, right?”

He clasped his fingers together to stop himself from hurting her.

“So what if I like her? But I’m not going this far just to get her!”

Sunye chuckled.

“We both know that you can do farther than what I just did. You are a nice guy Horvejkul. Just keep her to yourself and I’m going to keep Donghae to myself.”

He has no plans in continuing this conversation any longer.

“Just stay away from Tiffany. Try to put a finger at her and you’ll die in my own hands.”

He went away and just thought of looking for Tiffany rather than wasting his precious time for that non-sensual .

-

As soon as Tiffany saw Nichkhun, she grabbed his shoulders and cried everything to him. He tried to shush her even though he clearly knows he can’t. He doesn’t have the capacity to do it like Donghae does to her.

“Tiffany, I promise you everything will be alright. It might not be know, but later on.”

She broke the hug and Nichkhun placed his soft hands on her cheek and wiped all the tears staining her beautiful face.

“I will end this.”

He looked at her straight.

“What? Are you sure?”

Deep inside he liked what she just said but his mind thinks he should be sad for them. And besides, he is afraid he might not see the smile in her anymore.

“I’d rather not see him than picture him kissing other girls behind my back whenever we see each other.”

He dropped his hands. He didn’t know she’ll give up so easily.

“But Tiffany, can’t you give him a chance?”

She looked down and a tear fell from her lovely eyes, once again.

“I’ve given him a chance but he doesn’t seem to deserve it.”

~~~

Merry Christmas guys! I don't know if you are still anticipating my update but I still wrote it anyway. I'm really sorry for not updating for like 8 months? You probably don't remember the story anymore. /sobs Anyway, I drafted the next chapters so I'll post chapter everyday for compensation for the 8 months I have been gone. BTW, I miss Haefany so much. Anyone of you who knows any Haefany interaction? And btw, I'm writing everything ib the Author's POV!