이런엔딩 (Ending Scene)

태연 x 티파니

Sequel to Stay | Prompt: IU- 이런엔딩 (Ending Scene)

Taeyeon realized that she was the same. There she sat- at the same spot in the cafe by the entrance, with a cup in her hand.

'Hello," Tiffany said, "It's been a while."

Taeyeon's head swum with memories of them; the shy smile and trembling hands when they first met, the car date when Tiffany was finally bold enough to hold her hand, the first kiss they shared at the very table in this cafe. 

Taeyeon just smiled, the memories flashing like a movie before her eyes and Tiffany smiled back- sharing the same sentiments too.

"I need closure," Taeyeon whispered. Tiffany silently took her hand, pulling her up and out of the cafe. Taeyeon followed her to the parking lot and into her Mercedes.

Taeyeon realized that she was the same. There she drove- her fingers tapping random rhythm against the wheel, the smell of lavender and a half eaten packet of gummy worms lodged between the gear level.

Tiffany happily scratching her back on the couch in Taeyeon's apartment, their reluctance to leave each other after a date, Tiffany searching for her hand- interlacing their fingers as she lazily roused from an afternoon nap; Taeyeon flashed back.

Tiffany's car halted and Taeyeon took her lead out of the confined space. She recognized the park immediately- strolling behind the brunette until the familiar brown bench came into sight. Tiffany brushed off the leaves and Taeyeon perched beside her.

It played before them, like a broken screen. Taeyeon dancing in the kitchen when Tiffany stole a disco ball home, Taeyeon saw her trembling hands as Tiffany bravely announced that she will trim her fringe, Tiffany pressing her hand on her forehead to prevent Taeyeon from getting hurt by the edge as she pulled the cabinet open.

Taeyeon wondered if she had the power to rewind all those memories so that she could relive them again and again.

"You deserve to be happy." Tiffany broke the serene peace and Taeyeon felt that ache in her chest consuming her again.

Don't say that, she thought, Don't say that, please.

"I really hope that you will find someone,' Tiffany continued and Taeyeon stared at the setting sun in the horizon, "I hope you will find someone who loves as much as you do."

Don't say those words, please, Taeyeon pleaded in her head, You know those words hurt me even more.

"Remember when we used to have a walk around here? You fell down once, right there." Tiffany chuckled and Taeyeon found herself laughing along. Silence fell upon them again but there was a melancholy smile on their faces.

Tiffany gently brushing her fridge aside and Taeyeon saw the affection in her gaze, Tiffany brightly cheering when Taeyeon borrowed a projector- flashing a picture of a Hawaii when their first anniversary plans for a holiday failed, Taeyeon giving in to a clueless Tiffany who played her first game of UNO. Taeyeon wished that she was a child again because scraped knees were easier too heal than a broken heart.

"I'm sorry it's not me," Tiffany whispered apologetically.

Don't say that, please, Taeyeon pursed her lips together, You said you will love me. What is this?

They sat there until Tiffany decided it's time to go- the sun vanished and the biting cold numbed Taeyeon's heart once more. Tiffany drove her home in stillness and Taeyeon closed her eyes, burying all their times together at the bottom of her heart. Taeyeon thanked Tiffany when the brunette insisted on walking her up to her apartment.

Taeyeon realized with a smile that she was the same. There she stood- with a smile on her face that compliments her delicate features, holding the same Louis Vuitton wallet in her hand and the car keys half sticking out of her jeans. Taeyeon kept all these inside until Tiffany pulled her into a hug.

"Make sure you eat well," Tiffany whispered against the crook of her neck. "It will all pass." Taeyeon buried her face in Tiffany's shoulder.

"You'll be able to sleep well like you did before." Tiffany her hair and pulled herself away before Taeyeon could hold on tighter.

"You have the rights to become happier. I really mean it from the bottom of my heart."

And Taeyeon once again watch Tiffany vanished from her sight. This time, the ending scene is definite.