Tomorrow

태연 x 티파니

“I’ll let you know when I’m ready,” Tiffany whispers against ceased brows, rubbing gentle circles to smooth skin. Taeyeon mumbles an agreement, fingers clenching bare skin and wishing that Tiffany will be ready tomorrow. Tiffany sighs in relief that Taeyeon never probes and ask too many questions- the ache on her body fades with every gentle trail of Taeyeon’s fingers on back. An hour later, Tiffany untangled herself from the warmth of Taeyeon that clings on her like a second skin, picked up her clothes and bid the woman farewell. Taeyeon waves, washes her body and examine the new marks that Tiffany had left on her body and waits for the next evening to arrive. The envelope of cash is left abandoned on the table, cold like Taeyeon’s bed where Tiffany’s perfume still lingers.

Taeyeon met Tiffany from a month ago in the club. Tiffany was smitten with the alluring blonde who bares the smudge of her red lipstick and began to engage in her services. Tiffany loves it that Taeyeon is submissive. It wasn’t expensive to keep patronizing Taeyeon- Tiffany is filthy rich and Taeyeon never complain of her tendencies. Taeyeon was smitten with the mysterious brunette- so beautiful but her eyes held a story she wants to read but so difficult to decipher. It’s not hard to tell that Tiffany has many secrets to keep when Taeyeon shares the taste of lingering bitterness on her tongue every night, intoxicated with heavy liquor and her affection for the brunette. Especially on nights when Tiffany shoved her into bed and had Taeyeon writhing under her; the air suffocated her with cigarette and anger. Tiffany is kind and generous on her better days and a beast on her worst.

Taeyeon’s pretense is flawless. Taeyeon pretends she is okay when Tiffany sends her on the edge of pleasure with another woman’s name sitting heavily on her tongue. Taeyeon pretends she wasn’t affected with the way Tiffany snuggles into her, lips ghosting against collar bone and fingers gingerly tracing invisible lines on skin. Taeyeon pretends she is fine with the woman who laces fingers in golden threads, losing the knots in her hair and hums an appreciation when she pulls the blanket up to her shoulders. Taeyeon pretends she is not in love with the woman who pays to have with her and mark her with scars akin to the ones she carries in her heart.

Tiffany knew it isn't right to form an attachment with Taeyeon when she is leaving scars on flawless skin. Taeyeon heals the wounds on her chest, shielding the tear like a bandage. The pain fades temporary, then Tiffany remembers her in the morning- red lips, stolen kisses and bright eyes taunting her. Taeyeon was the remedy that Tiffany craves when night falls. Her eyes were brown, voice gentle and words caring. Tiffany shuts off the voice of her temporary. Tiffany wanted to confide in Taeyeon- to cry, to share her pain, to let her go but Tiffany yearns to keep her a secret just a little longer.

Don’t you love the color red? I love it because it reminds me of how much I love you.

Tiffany hates that she still loves her- the beautiful brunette seemingly unaffected when she greets her at work and Tiffany swallows the bile in the throat when she kisses her husband goodbye. Tiffany shakes her head at the noises of the promises they once shared- so young and reckless with words of forever that Tiffany couldn't forget. Tiffany bites down the tears when she remembers how those affectionate gazes were meant for her, the electrical jolts that still numbs her when their fingers brushes accidentally. Her smile and laughter were permanently etches in her heart and fills her with want. 

I like it when you call me Sooyeon.

Tiffany jams in the card and swung the door open, roughly crashed her lips into Taeyeon’s and pulled the buttons off. Her hands were busy stripping Taeyeon bare and her body a canvas for Tiffany to ink her emotions. There were barely any words between them besides the moans of pleasure echoing in the hotel room and Taeyeon’s breathy whispers of her name.

Steph, I think I want to be with you forever.

“-Fany!”

I want a child when we get married in the future. A house with you, me, a baby and a dog. What do you think?

“-Fany!”

You should stop drinking so much. It’s not good for you. Let me ease your unhappiness instead.

“Tiff-“

I love you. I promise I’ll love you no matter where you go. 

“Tiffany!”

Tiffany snapped out of her trance to find Taeyeon gripping on her forearm, tears trickling down her cheeks. She pulled her fingers out and the blonde whimpers, her fingers coats with a gleam of red and Tiffany gasped. Tiffany whispered an apology and hastily threw herself off the bed, flinching like Taeyeon’s touch scorched her skin. Taeyeon’s breath hitched at the rejection, cautiously making her way to Tiffany and took the broken woman in her arms.

“I’m sorry,” Tiffany mumbles into the crook of her neck, words spilling with agony and every breath cracking the facade she had built. Taeyeon soothes the frayed hair and pretends she doesn’t want to know who Sooyeon is. Tiffany is her priority now and everything else could wait.

“I’ll tell you when I’m ready,” Tiffany reads her thoughts, digging nails into Taeyeon and hoping that at least, someone would stay. Taeyeon acts like her own heart isn’t breaking.

“Then I’ll wait,” Taeyeon is an idiot for falling into the uncertainty, “I’ll wait till you’re ready.”

Taeyeon only wishes that Tiffany will be ready tomorrow.