Hello! We are Girls' Generation!

태연 x 티파니

(Story adapted from imseech )

The blood pounded in her ears as she stepped foot on the stage. The deafening screams rang in her head and the brunette felt her heart thump at an alarming rate against her chest. The excitement coursed through her veins with her accelerating heartbeat. This, she thought as she stood at the edge of the stage, this has always been her dream. The flash lights from the camera flashed endlessly, blinding her and-

"Good grief, wake up!" A sharp nudge on her ribs roused her from the amazing slumber, "it's 8.05am now! We’re gonna be late!”

She could barely open her eyes from the bright summer rays that flooded her room through the windows. She winced, groaning when she was unceremoniously met with another jab on her bottom.

"Oh my- Yah! Kim Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon bolted upright and frowned at the wall. She grinned dreamily; oh, how she loves the new shade of pastel blue. Blinking blearily, she frowned at the speck of pink that tainted her vision. Pink? She owns nothing pink throughout her whole life. Well, other than her roommate. 

"We are meeting the girls today," Taeyeon noticed the eagerness in her best friend's face, "How do I look?"

Taeyeon scoffed. Everyone knows that she has a love-hate relationship towards the color pink. Everyone knows that, including Tiffany. Sure, Taeyeon would love pink albeit reluctantly, but hot pink in the morning? Taeyeon felt that her eyes were in flames. 

"Fany-ah," Taeyeon whined, "Do you really have to annoy me this early in the morning?”

Tiffany had a mischevious grin on her face as she plopped down on Taeyeon's bed. She ruffled her grumpy's best friend's hair.

“Breakfast is ready. Wash up, eat and we need to be on our way. Hurry now.”

Taeyeon nodded lazily and dragged her feet out of the bedroom.

--------------------

"Oh my god, it has been so long!" A loud squeal punctured the air.

"Well hello to you too," There was a chuckle.

"I wonder if everyone will be here?"

"Those two kids are not here yet though."

"Unnie!"

"If it was in the past, we would have collected enough funds for our beer and chicken night when I collect fees for every minute they are late." They laughed.

"Meanwhile, someone who has a bad sense of direction had contributed to our secret funds tremendously," Yoona teased.

"Yah, Im Yoona! GPS is just much more convenient now," Sooyoung defended herself and the others giggled.

The six ladies comfortably sharing snippets of their lives when Taeyeon and Tiffany finally arrived. Affectionate coos and hugs were shared and Taeyeon couldn't hide the smile on her face. They are a family that Taeyeon had found, bonded, kept and loved. They are the home Taeyeon returned to and they are one of the most important people that Taeyeon fought to keep in her mundane life. They broke off into hushed chatters, laughter and teasing at the void deck of the school

"Kids, why are we here though?" Taeyeon's question silenced them.

All of them stared at each other, equally clueless and confused. A month ago, they had received an invitation card- a simple hand written instruction to gather in the school at ten in the morning. Thinking it was a special celebration for their 20th Anniversary but it was still weeks away from 5th August.

"So none of us know what we are here for?"

"Let's just hope it's not a prank," Sunny said with an impassive expression while staring at the three pranksters of the group. They laughed.

They froze when they heard a familiar melody resounding from the hall. Looking at the members in surprise, they linked their hands in pairs and hurried towards the direction of the music. Gasping in surprise, they bowed at MC Boom who gestured them into the school auditorium. Curious, confused and cautious, they held on to each other tightly as they ventured deeper into the hall, darting their eyes around.

“Wait, kids, who are those on the stage?" Hyoyeon asked.

Nine girls stood on the stage with their heads down. Nobody recognized the youthful girls but the melody, costume and choreography were all too familiar.

"Into The New World," Seohyun whispered, loud enough for the others to hear.

The eight of them stood in a standstill, immersing in the emotions as the nostalgia from the melody seeped into their soul. They found each other's hand and held on, giving each other a warm squeezing and a loving smile.

“지금은 소녀시대!”

“앞으로도 소녀시대!”

“영원히 소녀시대!”

(Right now, Girls' Generation! In the future, Girls' Generation! Forever, Girls' Generation!)

They heard the fan chants echoing in the hall. Their ears rang at the volume of the passionate cheers. Hyoyeon started tearing up and the others couldn't stop the first tears that broke. It was heartwarming and there was gratefulness knowing that SONE is still around.

The spotlight momentarily broke the mood and Sooyoung let out a surprise gasped a the backdrop with a gigantic logo. The music started playing and they tore their attention to the nine girls on the stage. On cue, they danced flawlessly to their debut song- the moves, the flow, their expressions sent a wave of emotions in them. The girls moved out of the way as the choreography peaked and a familiar face emerged. She too, tear-streaked, had a smile on her face. Her trademark feminine voice sent goose bumps as she danced her part perfectly. Seohyun broke into tears.

"The card... it is Jessica's handwriting. How could I forget?" Sunny shook her head.

They heard the ever passionate cheers that erupted- 소녀시대- it thundered. Taeyeon felt as though she had travelled back in time and knew her members were feeling the same as they gazed at the crowded with glistening eyes. Nine teenage girls with a passion for music, a shared dream and the glory days when they basked in fame and glamour. Tiffany squeezed her hand lightly and Yuri returned the affection on her left. It was amazing at how far they had come- her dreams had come true and Taeyeon kept all the precious memories in her heart.

The light flooded the room as the song ended. As the song ended, the stage light . The logo on the backdrop was none other than how they started out- Girls' Generation School of Rock. MC Boom ushered the ladies on to the stage as they politely bowed to him and the SONE filled up every nook and cranny of the hall.

"This is a dream come true for all the SONE,' MC Boom spoke with a proud smile.

"20 years ago, we watched a group of nine young and innocent teenage girls performed firsthand on this stage. Now, they have matured into fine women with an impressive career, lives and families."

The eight ladies laughed and waved to the cheering crowd.

"This logo definitely brings back fond memories, doesn't it? It may be old and tattered but these ladies here still has the spirit of the young Girls' Generation we all knew, right?"

The hall erupted with a standing ovation. The girls waved, vividly recognizing some of the faces that have been with them since debut. Now aged and many with families, their tears bream seeing the adoring smiles on their faces. Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon turned to hide their tears. Sooyoung grinning with a tearful smile as she waved to her husband and sons in the crowd. Taeyeon and Seohyun made hearts with her hands. Sunny and Jessica held Tiffany's hand; who had her infamous eye smile on despite her tears.  

“Let's give it up to our beloved girls- Right now, In the future, Forever, Girls' Generation!" 

The 9 ladies glanced at each other. Nodding in unison, they raised their joined hands and bowed. 

하나 둘 셋 
안녕하세요! 소녀시대 입니다!

(1, 2, 3! Hello! We are Girls' Generation!)