Pick Up Lines

태연 x 티파니

"Unnie," Seohyun's voice was threateningly low and Taeyeon swore she heard a growl rumbled deep in . 

"Do you have a sunburn? Or are you always this hot?" Yoona said with a smirk and Seohyun rolled her eyes. 

"Oh Seohyun, you're so beautiful, you made me forget my pickup lines." Taeyeon laughed when Sooyoung cooed at the youngest of the group. 

"That's it," Seohyun huffed and roughly jammed her books into her bag, "I'm going home."

"Can I follow you home?" Hyoyeon clasped her hands in a prayer and blinked innocently, "My parents said I should follow my dreams."

"Over my dead body," Seohyun flipped her finger at her friends and stomped away. The group collapse with laughter. 

"I feel a bit sorry for her," Taeyeon admitted, "I don't see how these pick-up lines work though."

She gulped when they drew their gaze towards her simultaneously. There was a glint in their eyes when Yoona firmly gripped her shoulders. 

"Sweetie, let us enlightened you."

//////////

"Go!" Hyoyeon hissed and pushed the petite brunette. Stumbling over her feet, she caught herself and threw a withering glare at her friends. Sooyoung and Yoona stood behind Hyoyeon, silently mouthing urgently. Taeyeon flashed a rude gesture at them and swallowed the lump in . Trusting her shoulders upright, Taeyeon flipped her hair and strutted over with confidence. Her poise faltered a little, intimidated by the height when she tapped the brunette on her shoulder. 

"Hello, Tiffany." 

"Uh, hello?" 

"I'm T-Taeyeon," Taeyeon swallowed as she traced the brunette's features with her eyes. What an exquisite human being, she thought. 

"I know that and I am... Tiffany?"

"Well, uh I just want to ask you a question."

"What?" Tiffany frowned in confusion. 

"What's that on your face?"

"My face? What's-" Taeyeon leaned forward and pecked her cheek.

"Oh, my mistake. It is my lips."

Taeyeon took off in her friends' directions and they scurried off with hollers puncturing the air. Tiffany stared at them, her cheeks reddening at an alarming rate. 

//////////

Taeyeon struggled in Sooyoung's headlock, her face flushed with embarrassment as they . 

"Wow Taeyeon," Yoona laughed. "Out of all the pick-up lines, you boldly used that to pick someone up? No wonder you are single."

"It has been a week can you please just let it go?" 

"Taeyeon, Taeyeon," Hyoyeon shook her head, "That was the most interesting thing that happened in your life. Do you really think we'll let it go?"

"You guys are supposed to help me not- ow! Stop it! You're making me shorter!"

"You are already a midget, Taeng. There won't be any difference."

"Oh, what's that's on your cheek?" Yoona mocked. 

"My mistake, it's my lips." Sooyoung made a smooching sound. 

"Yah!" Taeyeon shrieked in embarrassment, "How am I gonna face her now?"

"Our school is huge," Hyoyeon shrugged, "What are the chances?"

"That's true," Taeyeon straightened up in relief, "I am- OH MY MOTHER FU-"

"Is that her?" 

"Wait, ISN'T THAT HER?" 

"Oh, - I FORGOT WE TAKE THE SAME LITERATURE CLASS."

"IT'S THE TIFFANY!" 

"You idiot, how can you have a crush on her if you didn't see her around all the time?"

"SHUT UP-"

"GUYS, IT'S THE TIFFANY!" Sooyoung hissed and shoved Taeyeon towards the unsuspecting brunette. Tiffany whipped her head around when she heard the loud thud and a muffled curse. Taeyeon swallowed nervously at the shadow that hovered over her. 

"Are you alright?" Taeyeon exhaled to hear the genuine concern in Tiffany's question. There was a glint in Tiffany's eyes when Taeyeon took her outstretched hand. 

"I-"

"Because it looks like you fell from heaven," Tiffany didn't miss a beat. Taeyeon's jaw dropped as she gaped at the retreating figure of the brunette. She ran after Tiffany. 

//////////
Sooyoung choked on her tea and stole a side glance at her friends beside her. Hyoyeon mirrored the same expression and Yoona shrugged. Yoona simply leaned back in her seat and sipped on her tea leisurely. 

"Yah, Im Yoona! You already knew something, didn't you?"

"You do?!"

"What?" Yoona quirked an eyebrow in response, "Know what?"

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes with disapproval at the teasing smirk on Yoona's face. Taeyeon giggled. 

"Don't laugh! Explain!"

"Hello friends. Nice to meet you, friends. This is Tiffany Hwang, my girlfriend."

"How... what- no, Kim, explain the whole story! Every. Single. Detail."

"I used the method you taught me?"

"It's not supposed to work!" Hyoyeon blurted and Sooyoung smacked the back of her head. 

"It's not supposed to work?" Taeyeon glared at Sooyoung. 

"This is not the point now. Just how-"

"Oh for goodness, just shut up all of you." Yoona rolled her eyes at the commotion. 

"Friends, meet Tiffany Hwang." Yoona pointed to the brunette who shyly smiles and waved. 

"Tiffany, meet my stupid friends," Yoona pointed and the duo flipped their fingers. Yoona stuck her tongue out at them. 

"Is someone gonna tell me what happened?"

"What base have you guys touched yet?"

"Unnie!"

"Did the pick-up lines managed to get you in her pants?"

"Which ones did you use, Taeyeon- ah?"

"Oh my god."

"Shut up all of you," Taeyeon growled and Tiffany apologetically smiled. 

Tiffany had always noticed Taeyeon as the quiet and shy kid at the back of the class. She was unsure of how to approach Taeyeon and Yoona has been playing matchmaker as a mutual friend but Taeyeon was too dense to catch on. With Sooyoung and Hyoyeon's help, Yoona decided to prank Taeyeon and gift her an opportunity to finally make a move on Tiffany. Tiffany was pleased when Taeyeon surprised her with the unintelligent, but amusing pick-up lines. 

"I'm amazed it worked with this shorty."

"We did something good with our life. I'm so proud of myself." Hyoyeon sniffed dramatically.

"It has nothing to do with you guys. Tiffany just saw what I'm made of."

"What?" Everyone diverted their attention to the beaming Taeyeon.

"I'm made of girlfriend material."

There was a loud collective groan of disapproval. 

"Taeyeon!"