Love Language

태연 x 티파니

According to the internet, there are different kinds of love languages. Tiffany smiles when Taeyeon wordlessly guided her head towards the left, slouching a little so Tiffany can rest on her shoulder. Taeyeon didn’t say a word when she reached for Tiffany’s hands, slipped her fingers between the manicured digits and warmed her in the mid of the snowy day. 

According to the internet, everybody has a love language. Some more prominent than the others, some a jumble of them and some just has affection spilling out of their pores. 

Tiffany belongs to the last category- her love for her friends, family and girlfriend is widely known and sorted after. The seniors in colleague wants to be Tiffany’s friends because the girl was too kind for her own good (but Tiffany doesn’t know that Yuri and Yoona had been protecting her from the hungry beasts.) Her father cringed and whispered, “That’s enough, dear,” when Tiffany squealed in delight to see her folks, pouncing them with a hug and squeezed the life out of her aging parents. Sooyoung understands Tiffany the best but pretends to gag despite already wrapping her arms around the slender waist. Sunny, Tiffany’s best friend is probably the only other person in the world that is like Tiffany- their adoration towards those around them are sickeningly sweet. 

Taeyeon was the biggest mystery of all in Tiffany life and Tiffany is strangely hooked to her. Tiffany had a hard time understanding Taeyeon in the beginning and started to believe that Taeyeon hated her until she saw the faint pink on her cheeks. The brunette grunts when Tiffany falls heavily on her and squeeze the air out her petite frame. Taeyeon never reciprocate her affections, except light pats on her back and a complimentary smile. 

“I think Taeyeon hates me,” Tiffany complains to Sunny one day who threw her an amused look. 

“But Tiffany,” Sunny whispered back, “She never rejects your hugs and touches.”

It struck Tiffany like a bolt of thunder because Sunny was right. Taeyeon would push Yuri away when she offers a hug, scowl when Sooyoung squeeze her sulking face in affection and immediately pulling her arms away from Sunny the leech. She flinched when Yoona gets a little too close and winced when they playfully looped their arms around her shoulders. Tiffany noticed how Taeyeon is extra gentle and soft spoken around her.

“Be careful,” She warns. 

“Let me help you,” She volunteers.

“How are you feeling?” She asks. 

“I’m here,” She comforts. 

“I love you,” Tiffany finally says and Taeyeon stared at her, brown orbs twinkling. 

“Me too,” Taeyeon whispers and Tiffany sealed her words with a kiss. You just have to listen for love.