Time Lapse

태연 x 티파니

Ginger is sitting on the pouch, waiting again. Taeyeon heaved a sigh as she took another sip of coffee and pulled the sweater tighter around her body. 

“Ginger,” His tail gave a lazy flick and Taeyeon clicked her tongue to get his attention. Ginger lifted his nose high in the air and sniffed. Once, twice, another flick of his tail and he is back to staring intently at the door. 

“Hello?” Taeyeon sighed as she picked up the phone, fixing her gaze on the black poodle, “Hey Hyo. Tonight?”

Taeyeon crouched behind the dog who gave her fingers a grateful . his luscious fur, Taeyeon nodded to what Hyoyeon was saying and contemplated staying home instead. 

“So you’re coming, right?”

Ginger’s tail thumped a rhythm when Taeyeon’s fingers found a particular spot behind his ear. Instead of letting Ginger wait in vain, Taeyeon might as well be the person that Ginger could welcome home.

“I’ll see you tonight.”

Taeyeon stopped by a pet shop before going home that night. She decided on the black puppy who eagerly wagged his tail because Ginger is lonely and her heart was aching. His eyes were doleful and full of life and it reminded her of the love of her life. She handed over her credit card and paid no attention to the mandatory basic care talk as the little three-month-old puppy nibbled on her fingers.

Taeyeon kicked her shoes off and chuckled at the black poodle that curiously sniffed the box she had set down on the floor. The box tumbled to the side and Zero rolled out, paws in the air. Ginger cautiously backed away from the excited yelping fur of black. With a wag of his tail, Ginger leaped around the house with Zero hot on his tail. 

Taeyeon was glad that Ginger loved Zero as the addition to their family. The dog was spending lesser time on the pouch now, instead, cuddled with Zero under his snout and blissful. Despite the mess strewn on the floor, teeth marks on her hands and chewed shoes- Taeyeon felt relieved.

Seated on the couch with the third cup of warm coffee in her hand, Taeyeon found herself staring at the door. She was waiting in place of Ginger now; her heart still clenching with hope to hear the key in the lock, clicking of heels against wooden floor and kisses on her cheeks. 

Taeyeon knew she ed up and Tiffany meant every word when she said goodbye. 

“Welcome home,” the words sat heavily on her tongue and Taeyeon soothed her heart with bitter coffee.