Forget Me

태연 x 티파니

Taeyeon took a last sip of coffee from her cup and chucked it in the bin. She heaved a sigh, each step a little lighter as she tilted her head and inhaled. There was comfort in the breeze caressing her cheeks, the rays warming her face as she watched the clouds slowly drift across the sky.

Taeyeon allowed herself to enjoy the leisure stroll down the street, tucking her hands absentmindedly in the pockets of her hoodie. She stopped suddenly, crouching at the window as she peered into the shop around the bend. Unable to contain her curiosity, she pushed the door open, nodded politely to the cashier and browsed the shelves. A rueful smile donned her lips as her fingers ran through the flimsy material that she once bought as a gift. She lingered a little longer and shook her head. With a bow, she exited the shop.

There was a longing, a sense of emptiness- as a wave of people brushed passed her. Friends, colleagues, students, couples. Taeyeon glanced back, finding herself smile along as their laughter rang in the air.

She strolled into the park somehow; a little quiet in the midday. Taeyeon deliberately took smaller strides, taking in the alluring details of nature- the rustling leaves under her feet, the breeze, the sweet air she as she inhaled deeply.

Then, she stopped at the neglected bench on the sidewalk, brushed the leaves away and took a seat. She finally took out her phone. A few notifications which Taeyeon dismissed and her finger hovered cautiously above the application as her phone unlocked. She tapped it, scrolled and paused at the picture that she was looking for.

Taeyeon realized that memories were hard to forget.

She could still faintly remembered her warm hugs, her laughter, the attics, the sincere conversations and the promises they once made.

It was easy to let go; there was barely any hesitation- when Taeyeon, with clenched jaws- tore the notes, threw the pictures and bagged the little trinkets (a few that Taeyeon secretly stashed because they were practical.)

Taeyeon no longer shed tears as she looked through their photos and reminisced about their goodbyes.

She had gotten rid of most she had in possession; physically and then, clicked that 'unfollow' button in her social medias.

One day, Taeyeon knew that she would forget about her.

She would forget how she preferred the colour pink. She will forget that she likes coffee and tea. She would forget the smell of the perfume she used. She would forget that she likes it sweet. She would forget how she picks out her vegetables and avoid spicy food. She would forget how warm her hugs, her smiles and her words are. Taeyeon would forget. Taeyeon would reassure herself that- until one day, she forgets.

One day, Taeyeon would forget.

So Taeyeon exhaled with a smile, said her farewell- and pressed the delete button on the last photo she kept.

Because, one day- Taeyeon would finally forget.