Boxes

태연 x 티파니

Taeyeon really, really, hated packing. She genuinely doesn't know why she detests it so much. She slouched and heaved a sigh while staring at a huge box she pulled out from the storage room. 

It's thrilling, a little unnerving- almost like opening a treasure chest. Taeyeon can't remember what she had placed inside, what she has kept in there and a little fear nagging at her because she hates cockroaches. 

Taeyeon cooed at the little toys she found and remembered how she fought with her brother for it and gave him a bloody nose. Stuck in a book were photographs of Taeyeon with her high school friends- although distant now but still friends. The raven-haired girl cringed a little at her hairstyle and fashion sense; thank god she has grown up.

She felt her heart sunk as a familiar looking shoe box came into view. 

She remembered why things were kept in boxes- like memories in your heart you wished to forget, you box them up, fill them with gravel and let it sink to a place you will never want to visit.

Taeyeon carefully browsed the little notes, photographs and trinkets she pulled out. A mere smile grazed her lips at the smiles and happy faces she saw on the photographs. Photographs capture happy moments, the smiles and the feelings you once experienced. It is a visual diary; the smiles speaks louder than words and the glimmering eyes were pouring with emotions that words couldn't express. Is it a curse, Taeyeon pondered, or a blessing when you find photographs about a time you wished to forget? Taeyeon decided on the latter because good times never last and Taeyeon has grown. 

She picked up a few photographs of better memories, trashed the rest and dusted her hands.

She placed them back into the box and closed the lid, waiting for time to pass again so she could visit them- like opening a treasure box.