Melted

태연 x 티파니

"Don't, Fany. Don't-"

Taeyeon sniffed loudly and sobbed into her blanket. Tiffany froze and stared at Taeyeon. She gave a little sigh; long given up and continued packing the things strewn on the floor into her bag.

"Please don't-"

Taeyeon gasped, openly crying as she sunk onto the ground. Tiffany would have found this adorable but now, she was too exhausted to care. Tiffany had enough. She willed herself not to look at Taeyeon, to ignore the heart wrenching gasps but Tiffany had a soft spot for Taeyeon that she could not forget.

"Look, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon's sobs broke the silent night and Tiffany kneaded her forehead. Tiffany knelt in front of the figure, pulling the blanket tighter around the brunette's body.

"I trusted you but-"

Tiffany sighed as Taeyeon peered at her with glistening eyes.

"-You broke your promise again and again."

Tiffany had to smile at how innocent Taeyeon looks, under her blanket, huddled up on the kitchen floor at 4am in the morning. Her heart gave a painful throb when a fresh trail of tears rolled down the rosy cheeks.

"So I'm going to get rid of all of them. I will get you more when you get better okay?"

Tiffany pressed her forehead against the brunette.

"You're still running a fever so get back to bed? Please?"

Taeyeon sniffed loudly and pointed to the bag Tiffany had left on the floor. Tiffany chuckled.

"To make you feel better, I'm throwing away my favorite too. Look."

Tiffany pulled out a tub of strawberry cheesecake ice cream and grimaced slightly. Goodbye, my lovely tub of baby. She pulled her hand back- out of Taeyeon's reach- the weight would betray her because she had polished half of it before Taeyeon shuffled out into the kitchen.

"You promise?"

Taeyeon's voice was hoarse.

"I promise to get you more ice cream when you're well again."

"Sorry."

Taeyeon sniffed and wiped her wet cheeks with the back of her hand. Tiffany smiled and held her cheeks. Taeyeon never fail to put a smile on her face and Tiffany momentarily relented to those brown puppy eyes.

"It's okay. I'm just angry that you're not keeping your promise and has been eating them."

Tiffany pressed her palm against her girlfriend's forehead.

"If you could resist, you would have recovered and happily eating them now."

Taeyeon sniffed again.

"Go to bed, Taeyeon."

Taeyeon stared at her blankly for a second and pointed to the bag again.

"Can I at least keep the cookie dough one?"

Tiffany bit the refusal on her tongue. Taeyeon, looking adorable, vulnerable and on the kitchen floor at 4am? Tiffany would give her the world if she asked for it.

"Okay."

She pulled out a brand new tub from the bag and handed it to Taeyeon. She tied a knot on the black bag and stood up, pulling Taeyeon with her. Any second later, she might actually give in to those Taeyeon puppy eyes completely.

"Keep it in the fridge and get back to bed okay?"

Taeyeon nodded, staring at the tub of ice cream in her hand. Tiffany walked herself out and grinned when she heard a distinct whine from the kitchen just as she pulled the apartment door open.

"Nooo, my ice cream melted."