Yeobo~

Halmeoni

Hana POV

"Hide you? From what?" Minyoung laughed at my face, which I'm sure had turned bright red at the sight of Hoya.
"Aigoo," Jihae crooned. "Hana likes one of the Busan College boys! Which one is it?"
"No one," I said quickly. "I'll see you guys inside," I added, seeing Hoya looking over in my direction.

I ducked quickly into the main building and looked for the safest spot to hide. It wasn't like I didn't want to see Hoya - I was disappointed when I found out the formal would be on a Sunday so I couldn't hang out with Hoya and halmeoni - but it was more awkward seeing him with just the two of us, and his group of friends who looked handsome and intimidating.

I quickly found a table in the corner of the room and sat down, motioning a waiter to bring me a menu so I could hide my face behind it and peek out. Just at that moment, Hoya and his friends walked in. They were greeting everyone from their school loudly, punching fists and giving man hugs to all the guys, much to the jealously of the girls that attended my school.
"Hoya!" A girl squealed loudly. I looked up from my menu to see a petite little girl with long flowing brown hair from my maths class fling her arms around Hoya's neck and hugging him tightly. "I missed you!"
My heart thumped painfully in my chest. I bit my lip and looked down, breathing hard. I sighed and leaned back on my chair, placing the menu on my face and leaving it there to cover my expression while my arms dangled weakly at my side.
Of course Hoya had a girlfriend. How could he not? Such a nice, caring, talented and considerate guy like him, it would be inhumane if he DIDN'T have a girlfriend. So why was I so hurt? So crushed? It's not like Hoya and I were going out. Oh no, we were far from it. But I guess it kinda felt that way every Sunday when we ate halmeoni's Sunday Special breakfast, when we did tai chi together, when we went out to buy icecream and sweets for halmeoni when she had her random cravings, when we nursed halmeoni when she wasn't feeling well, when we watched Dream High together, when we cooked lunch together, when we played charades, when he taught me how to dance, when I helped him with his homework, when we would flick water on each other while washing the dishes causing halmeoni to yell at us from the living room, when we used my laptop to take weird selcas with halmeoni using fatbooth and special effects and that time halmeoni and I secretly went to one of his showcases.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat, wishing I never came to this dreaded formal. Then I could just live in peace without knowing Hoya had a girlfriend.

"Hana! What are you doing with that menu on your face? It's dirty!" I took the menu off my face to see the girls crowded around me, looking at me like I was half mad.
"It's hot," I lied, fanning my face.
"Uh, okay......" said Minyoung. Then she brightened. "Let's go dance!"

They grabbed my wrist and dragged me out onto the dancefloor. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Hoya dancing with his girlfriend. I sighed. I can't do this, I thought.
"Hey! HEY!" I yelled over the music. "My feet hurt. I'm going to go sit down."
"Aw, you party pooper!" Jihae teased. "Okay. I have some bandaids in my bag if you want."
"Thankyou," I hugged her.

I made my way back over to the table and plopped down.
"Drink, miss?"
I shook my head and took out my phone miserably and started to play temple run.
"Hi Hana! Is anyone sitting here?" I looked up to see Hoya's girlfriend smiling at me.
"Nope," I said, gritting my teeth. "I'm all alone."
She laughed awkwardly. "Okay, well, is it okay if my boyfriend and his friends sit here too? All the other tables are full." She gestured around the room.
"Sure," I said, leaning my head on my arm and wishing I was at home. My heart sank when I heard the word 'boyfriend'. "No problem at all."

"Yoona yeobo~" I heard someone call. I vomited a little inside my mouth, not looking up. I knew it was Hoya. I could recognise his voice from a mile away.
"Hana?" He said curiously when he saw me slumped on the table. "What are you doing here?"
I laughed bitterly. Our past four months of Sundays flying out the window when he asked that thoughtless question. What was I doing here.
"I go to the same school as your girlfriend here. How come you never told me you had a girlfriend? Halmeoni would be so happy if she found out," I said, gritting my teeth, heart breaking with every word.
He smiled widely. "I'm going to introduce her to halmeoni next week!" He turned to give Yoona a sappy smile and whisper something in her ear. She giggled and whispered something back.

"I think I'm going to be sick," I muttered, looking away from them.