Excuses

Halmeoni

Hana POV

"I'm sorry," I blubbered to Woohyun as he helped me to the first aid tent. "I don't always cry. It's just - " I caught sight of Hoya helping Yoona into a chair. He was that caring toward halmeoni and toward Yoona, so what about me in this picture? "It's just - it's hurts!" I wailed.

"Hana?" Halmeoni rushed toward me out of nowhere. "Omo! Are you okay? What happened? Doctor! Quickly! My granddaughter is hurt!"
I hiccuped. "Halmeoni, what are you doing here? Are you hurt?" I scanned her body for injuries.
"No, my friend Errol here got a cramp, I'm just here to comfort him!" She smiled at an elderly grandpa I often saw Sunday morning and he winked back at her. Was......halmeoni blushing? My eyes widened but I immediately winced when I stretched the cut on my cheek.
"Aigoo," Woohyun scolded. "Stop doing that! I know it's weird that those two are doing mushy stuff, yes, I saw it too, I'm sitting right here, but now your cut is bleeding!"
"Sorry," I whispered, eyeing Hoya and Yoona. They were now taking a selca, posing with the bandaid on Yoona's forehead.

Woohyun followed my gaze. "Again?" He rolled his eyes. "Where is she injured, anyway?"
I tore my gaze away and looked at him, shrugging. "I don't know. She dragged me down with her, you know."
He nodded shortly. "I know. I saw it all." He paused. "She's so evil for stealing Hoya away from you."
"Mmmm." I nodded mindlessly.
Woohyun sniggered, not realising what he had made me agree to. "Why don't you tell him how you feel?"
"Hmm?" I tore my eyes away from them again. "What did you say?"
"You heard me." He replied shortly. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Because, I know he doesn't feel the same way."
"Do you know that for sure?"
I nodded. "I'm positive."
"How do you know? Did you ask him?"
I scoffed. "Of course I didn't ask him. I just know these things," I said, matter of factly.
"Really. And how do you know these things?"
"Omgod, Woohyun, just look at her, and look at me!" I said with gritted teeth, embarrassed.
He turned to look at Yoona, then turned to look back at me. "Yeah? What about it?"
I rolled my eyes. "You're hopeless, you are."
"Why?" He said incredulously. "How am I hopeless? I just don't understand how by looking at her and looking at you, you can tell he doesn't like you."
I thought about his words and bit my lip. "It doesn't matter anyway. He's with her. He's happy. That's all you can ask for, right?"
"Well, technically, no but - "

Woohyun was interrupted by Hoya.
"Hyung! You made it!" He punched his arm. "Omo! Hana, what happened to you?"
Tears had started welling in my eyes at the sight of him. I shook my head and turned away, not trusting myself to speak again.
"Your dear, lovely girlfriend dragged her down when she fell." Woohyun said for me, rolling his eyes.
"Really? No way! Yoona wouldn't do something like that," he laughed awkwardly. "Anyway, I didn't even see her when I went to help Yoona up."
"Maybe you didn't recognise her with all that blood on her face," Woohyun said sarcastically, glaring at him. I sobbed.
I sensed tension.
"What, hyung? What's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?"
I nudged Woohyun in the thigh, digging down hard with my elbow beneath the table.
"Ow," he winced, looking at me. I widened my eyes, hoping he understood the message that meant 'shut up'.
Woohyun took a deep breath and got up. "Nothing. I'm going to say hi to halmeoni." He stormed off and left Hoya and I alone.

"So," he said awkwardly, scratching his head.
My tears welled with tears again. Why was I always crying? I pinched my leg to make myself get a grip. But more tears kept coming until I couldn't see anything. Is this what had become of us? The atomosphere was awkward and filled with tension.
"Hoya, I have to go." I stood up and quickly wiped my eyes. Why couldn't he and I be friends now and talk like normal before? Just because Yoona was in the picture?
"Bye." He greeted me shortly and walked away back to where Yoona was sitting. My heart dropped. He didn't nag at me to stay like he would have normally. A short greeting was all I got instead of the usual "don't go yet, Hana, it's still early!" everytime I tried to go home.

Once I was out of the center, after telling halmeoni I didn't feel well and thanking Woohyun for looking after me, I found a rock outside the centre and sat on it, sobbing. Why was I crying so much lately? It seemed every Sunday I would feel elated, sad and disappointed all in one go. All because of Hoya. I didn't know if I loved that boy, or hated him.