Camera Phone

Halmeoni

Hana POV

"Now, who's making breakfast?" Halmeoni asked.
Hoya and I stayed silent. I was too tired to move a limb and Hoya, apparently, didn't know how to cook.
Halmeoni looked at us in disgust. "You two! Do you not feel bad? For making your halmeoni cook breakfast?! These days, it seems like my breath gets shorter everytime I bend down to cook rice......my arm feels weaker everytime I stir the kimchi......my head feels heavier everytime I wash the dishes......."
She closed her eyes and gasped dramatically.
"Omo! Halmeoni, you sit down, let me cook breakfast then!" I panicked. "Do you need to see a doctor?" I felt her forehead.
She huffed loudly and sat down on the couch. I looked around, eyes wide.
"Hoya will help me cook breakfast, it's okay halmeoni, you can rest, we'll serve breakfast in half an hour!"
"Halmeoni!" Hoya said sharply. "Stop making Hana feel bad! How come you cook breakfast for us every other Sunday but not today? Because Hana is here?!"
"Hoya!" I elbowed him. He grunted. "It's okay. I need to thankyou halmeoni for, um, taking me to her lovely tai chi class....." I trailed off lamely.
"That's the spirit, Hana! See, Hoya!?" She stuck her tongue out at him.
"Eee!" Hoya rushed over to the couch and began to tickle his grandma. She giggled cutely as her grandson wriggled his fingers around her stomach.

I snorted and began to cook the rice. After a while, Hoya announced that he was taking a shower and halmeoni came over to help me.
"Let me make my favourite foods for today!" Halmeoni exclaimed, reaching into the freezer and grabbing a few packages.
I remembered her 'favourite soup' and immediately cried out. "NO!"
"Eh?" Halmeoni turned around. "What's wrong? Did you burn the eggs?"
"Oh, no, halmeoni......" I tried to find a nice way to say this. "I've already cooked some eggs and bacon, halmeoni, we can eat your favourite foods next week!"
I prayed and hoped that she would say yes and just eat what I had cooked.
"Okay," she shrugged. "Next week! You're in for a treat! Hoya loves it too."
 I snorted. I'm sure he does.

Halmeoni and I sat down at the dinner table, waiting for over half an hour for Hoya to come out of the shower.
"Where is that boy?" Halmeoni groaned, secretly stealing some bacon from the pan and chewing.
"Does he usually take this long in the shower? He went in like.....an hour ago." I laughed. Hoya didn't seem like the type to spend ages in the shower.
"No, usually he takes three minutes! I'll smack him if he uses all my hot water," she said threateningly.
I laughed nervously. "Maybe he fell down in the shower? Omo, let me go check on him." I got up from my seat and walked around halmeoni's apartment. I realised that I didn't know where the bathroom was.

"Hoya?" I called out, walking aimlessly around the apartment.
Then I reached the lounge room, where we were watching Dream High the other night, and saw him sleeping on the couch. I giggled.
"Halmeoni," I whispered. "Come here! Hoya is asleep on the couch!"
His hair was wet from the shower, and made a big mark on halmeoni's pillow. His lips were pursed a little, pouting, and his arms were crossed. His chin was squashed up against the sofa.
"Aigoo....." halmeoni crooned. Then she spoke up. "Hana, do you have one of those camera phones?"
"Sure, halmeoni, wh - "
She looked at me, her eyes twinkling.
"You want me to - ?"
She nodded.

Shaking silently with laughter, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and snapped a picture.
SNAP!
"Aigoo," halmeoni exclaimed as we hurried back to our seat as Hoya began to wake up. He ruffled his hair and rubbed his eyes.
"Hmm? What's going on?" He asked, looking around confusedly.
"Nothing." I said quickly. "Breakfast is served."
He shrugged and went to fill his bowl with rice while halmeoni and I bent over our bowls, stifling our laughter.

After breakfast, I went home and showered. I looked at the picture we took of Hoya and snorted. It was taken at such an unflattering angle but yet he looked so good. I would never, ever delete this picture.