Epilogue 5: Not always perfect

Rollercoaster of a Life time

It was always believed that Kira and Hoseok had one of the most amazing and most beautiful relationships between everyone in the group despite Yoongi always joking that he did even though he was the only single one among the rest. 

The others would always be supportive when things seemed unsteady between the two and they would always help and the two would go back to being the perfect couple.

But that's just the thing.

They weren't the perfect couple.

Like all relationships, theirs had its ups and downs and uncontrollable turns for the worse; they were always having to meet the expectations  of others and yet, they still had t deal with all the problems that they were going through and they were always left to do it alone.

Nobody else knew of their fights and falling outs.

Like now, Kira was seated in the living room on the love seat as she stared at the television screen, her mind not quite processing what was happening on the screen as it was too preoccupied with other, more important things.

Their recent argument had been about further education.

As much as the two had faith in each other and their relationship, they were afraid that if Kira moved to an entirely different country, it would be a challenge for the two of them. Being towns away verses countries away was a majorly different thing.

Hoseok, despite being the ever encouraging person that he was, didn't want her leaving.

He loved her with all of his heart and every single fiber in her body, but he wanted her with him. He didn't want her to disappear to another country only to find out weeks later that she died in a car accident or that she was in hospital because of a gunshot to wherever the hell the person had decided to shoot her.

He was overthinking the situation, but he really just wanted to be around her. He wanted to be able to protect her. He wanted her to keep him sane.

She shifts in her seat, eyes growing heavier as she stared at the screen that seemed to be lowering it's brightness with every passing second.

Hoseok, however, was in the kitchen as he packed away the dishes.

He pictured a future with her and every passing day, it seemed to be getting closer and closer. However, the moment she had told him about the possibility of studying abroad, it felt like he'd fallen off of a cliff or as if he'd been slapped so hard because oh so suddenly, it seemed like that future was too far to reach.

He wonders if he should support her.

He had applied to schools with her of course, but unfortunately, she already received replies unlike him.

He was still waiting.

As he puts the last of the dishes away, he lets out a long, uneven sigh before making his way to where his girlfriend was.

The corners of his lips tilt upwards as he recognizes her familiar sleeping position and he has to restrain himself from laughing aloud, his feet moving before his brain had time to process.

He gently shifts her before squeezing into the space behind her, his arms encircling her waist and pulling her close enough to have his nose by her shoulder where he can breathe in her familiar scent that has always brought him to his knees in calmness. It relaxed him so much so that he could feel himself dozing off as well.

But of course, he doesn't.

His fingers are tracing small, circular patterns on the front of her hand and he can feel her moving closer to him.

"I'm sorry," she whispers against his arm where she had moved her head most likely to hide her face. She felt incredibly guilty for not speaking to Hoseok about it before. She'd found out weeks ago that she was accepted and even so she hadn't told him until he found it himself.

He'd found it the day before but the topic only really came up today.

"Don't apologise, Kira. I'm in the wrong," Hoseok states before continuing, "I should be supporting you all the way. I love you, alright? And just because I haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet doesn't mean I need to take it out on you, right?" 

Its a rhetorical question but Kira still chooses to answer with a nod because he was right.

The two sit in silence for a while, ignoring the sound of the bell ringing until Kira pulls away from the elder male and goes to answer the door.

She greets the mail man with a soft smile and thanks him before accepting the envelopes which she hands to Hoseok upon entering the room moments later. It was like she lived here, the way she answered the door and how she knew where everything was and that was another thing Hoseok absolutely loved and adored.

"What is it?" he asks as he sits up, Kira retaking her spot beside him and shrugging.

She watches as he rips open the envelope gently, eyes scanning it's contents before a wide smile spreads to his lips.

Confused, Kira stares at him.

"Kira, I've been accepted!"

Her eyes light up and the two jump to stand, Kira in his arms in seonds, legs wrapped around his waist as he spun her 'round and 'round countless times, the beautiful sound of Hoseok's laughter echoing through the empty house.

Tears rolled down his cheeks; not out of sadness but rather out of happiness.

Kira cups his cheeks and leans closer until their foreheads are touching. Her breath fanning his face is driving him absolutely crazy and she knows it, but doesn't care. Her next words could not have been more accurate.

"See? You don't always have to be perfect my love. You just have to be you."

And with that, she leans in until their lips brush against each other and they're kissing for the first time in forever but they don't care.

They got through it, they would get through it and most importantly, they would be happy.