33: Freezing

Rollercoaster of a Life time

It was cold.

No matter how hard I tried, my eyes refused to open and as much as my mouth twitched after needing to chatter to express how icy cold it really was, I couldn't and it took me a moment later to realize that I was being gagged.

My breathing escalated quickly and I accidentally breathed a little to hard.

"Awake are we?" I hear the familiar voice of none other than Jackson Wang. I attempt to gulp, but my throat is too dry and I cannot draw in enough saliva.

On the bright side, I manage to pull my eyes open.

"Good morning Jamie," he chirps happy as a smile takes over his expression.

It's a smile that I have never and will never like.

It was the one he often wore after creating caos and havoc and all sorts of problems like you wouldn't believe.

It was his mischievous smile.

It's then that I notice that he's dressed rather warmly considering the weather outside and that he was more than ten feet away from me.

Confused, I try to speak, forgetting that I was gagged and only causing Jackson to burst out laughing.

My eyes shift to look at him and for the first time I notice that he isn't alone.

I cannot make out the figure, but Jackson notices me staring and smirks before looking over at said figure and gesturing them over.

My blood runs cold as I look at him.

I shouldn't have been surprised to be honest. I think somewhere deep down, a part of me expected this from my father.

"Didn't you miss your father, Jamie?" He asks me and I swear it feels like his voice has grown octaves deeper and degrees colder; I always hated when it happened.

I try to respond but my efforts are futile.

This of course makes the two grin from ear to ear and Jackson takes a small step forward as he asks, "Should we remove the gag?"

I want to nod, but Jackson moves away just as quickly as he approached, not even waiting.

My dad takes his place.

Over the years, I'd learnt a trick just in case I'd ever gotten kidnapped so I suppose this will have to do. My dad knows about it and I suppose that is why he's standing patiently with crossed arms as he waited.

It took a lot of energy so I often avoided using it carelessly.

It comes out as muffled and sounded like someone trapped in a bsee  but my dad understands the words, "Why are you doing this?"

He tilts his head and for a second, I think I see an emotion similar to being impressed and proud flash through his eyes but I can't be too sure because it's gone in a split second and I'm being looked down on as he slowly smirks causing me to shiver internally.

"You ruined lives, Jamie. It's about time someone ruined yours-"

"Dad-!" I muffle scream but he doesn't even acknowledge it as he steps away once again and allows Jackson to take over for who knows what reason.

I could barely turn my head but I did notice how drastically the temperature was dropping.

As I shiver, Jackson frowns mockingly as he asks with not a hint of sympathy, "Are you getting cold? Should we get you a blanket?" Before he bursts out laughing, "Yeah-" he says and wipes away a tear before continuing, "No."

My eyes narrow into a thin glare out of their own accord but again, the two don't seem bothered at all.

I sigh and try asking instead, "Where are we?"

Jackson looks annoyed and I know it's because of the fact that I couldn't much speak properly and so he looks to my dad for confirmation before he comes closer and rips the gag off.

I have to hold in a whimper.

"Repeat," Jackson orders.

I don't wait another second as I ask, "Where are we?"

Another smile.

I was honestly growing sick of it; I just wanted answers. I wanted to go home. I wanted to enter my house only to find that I wasn't alone because the boys believed that I would get eaten alive if I were and so they let themselves in and would all start booking their sleeping spots (not that it ever mattered because when we all fell asleep, it would be on totally different spots and I would find myself on the couch unlike the boys. I would scold them in the morning because I didn't deserve comfort unless we all had it) and eating all the food Seokjin made.

My heart pained.

"Well, you're in one place and we're in another-"

"Clearly since you seem so damn warm over there and I'm risking myself getting hypothermia!" I yell only for my head to swing one way, a sharp sting against my cheek making me bite my lip to make it go away.

"Now you listen here. You only speak when I tell you you can! Do not interrupt me or you'll get a little more than just a smack."

I nod once, too afraid to speak.

"Such a good girl," he smirks, "It's a pity."

I wait two rapid heart beats before I find the courage to speak, "Wh- what's such a pity?" I ask between the chattering of my teeth.

"That you're not gonna make it," Jackson smiles. It's a cynical smile and I faintly recall something involving Jackson and something with that word but I don't know what.

"Jackson, let's go. Not like she can escape," my father tells the boy before me.

I half expect him to reject the offer and wait until he leaves to help me.

The other half knows better.

The other half usually stays quiet but this time, it pipes up and it's right as I watch Jackson cheekily grin before the two leave, the metal door banging shut and causing my ears to ring nonstop.

My heart is pounding furiously no matter how much I try to get it to slow down and as the seconds tick by, I only get colder and colder.

It feels like hours have past and yet I know somewhere deep down that it's only been about half an hour before it happens.

Before the memory pops up into my head but the thing is, I don't recall it.

Flashback

We're sitting on the bench side by sidelegs tangled together and Jackson seems to be pulling at my hair.

I can tell by the set up that it's when I still lived with my parent and I can tell that it was long before we officially started dating if the colours of the wall and the pictures decorating said wall is anything to go by.

He looks at me as my hands weakly wrap around his wrists to make him let go and he gives me that cynical smile that I've grown to hate.

My head begins to pound and just as I deem my efforts futilehe whispers into my ear, "I want to love you but I'm just too cynical."

End of Flashback

A headache has started to form at the back of my head and I want to scream out. I really do, but I have no energy.

I used up the last during the flashback as I weakly attempted to let myself free of the restraints.

I don't realize I'm crying until I hear drops.

Lowering my head, it's the first time I notice that I'm in a large pool like thing filled with water which only seemed to get colder and I immediately know why as I feel the ice hitting my feet.

I look around; the world is coming in and out of focus no matter how hard I try and for some reason, it's changing colours.

I can't seem to focus on a single thing.

And suddenly, the world is changing once again, this time upside down or tilted at certain angles.

Moments later, a thud is heard.

Another.

And another.

And another.

As I raise my head, I notice two figures rushing in but I don't register the faces.

I can't to be honest.

"Jamie, Jamie, hey, it's okay-"

I realize now that the person was saying this because I was screaming.

When did I start?

"Jamie-"

The mouth is moving but now I can't hear his words.

I try to focus on what they're saying but it's so hard as the darkness begins to tug me in.

The two are fretting over the fact that I could die of hypothermia and soon a third person is joining them.

They seem more at ease when he does.

But they're still on edge.

I realize, before I give in to the darkness, that it was me.

They were fretting over me.

They don't need to.

My body grows heavy and just as I'm set free from the restraints, my body collapses and I go unconscious.

I vaguely recall the feeling of my lips moving.

"I'm sorry."