29: Secrets

Rollercoaster of a Life time

We didn't let go of each other until the sound of throat clearing chorused and echoed behind us and I was suddenly very aware of the fact that there were other people in the corridors not to mention my skirt was beginning to slide up (on the day I don't swear a shorts underneath it).

As I'm placed on my feet, I have to crane my neck to look up at the boy who's hair was now a beautiful bronze (he had a tendency to dye it a lot and yet it was never messed up, thank the zombies!) that somehow had a way of making his eyes stand out (he also had a tendency to wear different colour eye contacts and currently it seemed he wasn't wearing it. He seemed to be all natural today which was an upside) and his toothy smile had me grinning in return.

"It's been a while, Angelpie," he says to me and I can't help but agree. It hasn't just been a while, it's been forever.

"Jamie, care to explain?" I hear one of the boys ask and noting the tone of jealousy, I knew it was Jungkook so I turn around and give my brightest smile to the group, not forgetting to greet Tazneen and Kira who has just joined the group and taken their spots before I speak.

"Everyone, this is Mark Tuan. He's one of my best friends and he's also the one that helped me..." I trail off unsurely.

The first person who catches on is Hoseok who has his happy-wide grin on as he steps forward and holds out his hand for Mark to shake, "It's nice to meet you. Thank you for protecting Jams over there."

"And thanks for helping out just now," Yoongi adds.

Mark's eyes shift from Hoseok after releasing his hand and he looks Yoongi up and down once before he smiles and nods. He does this with everyone before he turns to me and smiles properly once more.

I look at them and they all seem to catch the hint as Hoseok, Kira, Tazneen and Taehyung walk off to one direction. Namjoon gets dragged by his elbow by Seokjin who was grumbling that Namjoon should be more careful (one could only assume that he broke something again). Jimin grabbed Yoongi and jumped up and down in an attempt to get a piggy back as they left through the front doors again, most likely on their way out to the front where majority of the school sat I the mornings and Jungkook stood still, staring at them for a few moments but eventually left when his name was called by none other than Evelyn.

Once they were all out of hearing distance, Mark says to me, "You've got a great group of friends."

"I know," I say softly with a softer smile.

"I'm glad you didn't make any mistakes again," he says and I nod, following as he starts walking.

We walk in a somewhat comfortable silence, each taking our turns to try (but fail) to tripping the other.

"Okay, okay, okay, you win!" I exclaim when I nearly fall if it wasn't for him catching me in the knick of time.

"Clumsy as always," Mark says to which I smile proudly in response.

As we walk and I point out the different sections of the school, the piercing ring of the bell interrupts us and I find myself pouting. He laughs and reaches over, ruffling up my hair as he assures me that he'll see me later.

I nod and watch him walk in the direction of the office before I turn away and head to what I assumed my first class was.

On my way there, I end up crossing paths with a moody faced Yoongi and a grinning Hoseok who both look at me. Hoseok smiles and walks over as he places an arm around me and ruffles my already messed up hair earning a sigh of defeat from me.

When would I realize that I couldn't keep my hair in place around any of these boys?

"Mark Tuan huh?" he asks. Hoseok seems to grin as he thinks of the other before words leave his lips again, "He seems interesting. Does he do anything music related?"

"He raps."

This catches both boys attention and I can tell they've immediately taken a liking to him.

***

Music class was most probably one of the most interesting classes of the day.

As the teacher walked in, she was loomed over by the taller male the boys had ow warmed up to after first break. Mark smiled shyly and gave a small wave to the class, proving my theories in whether he was still shy around bigger crowds or not.

Unlike me, he had a history of performing and so he was asked to rap something.

The overall results were that he received a standing ovation and he was placed into a random group for the project; something the teacher told us she needed to speak to us about as soon as possible.

We agreed for the end of the period and she allowed us to get into our groups and work on our projects where the due date was coming closer and closer to us.

It was basically haunting us; we didn't know what to do because currently, Seokjin, Hoseok and I had things to do during the whole of the following week, Jungkook could barely get out of his soccer practices the past week and Jackson had fencing.

None of us were available and all of us needed the practice.

"Over the weekend?" Hoseok asks but shake my head as I reply, "The due date is Friday and we're going to be the first group."

Hoseok sighs.

We all follow after.

We needed to do something about it and soon.

If this were a cartoon, I swear to you that you would have seen a light bulb appear on the top of my head moments before it lights up as I get a possible solution to our problem.

"Can't we use the music room?" I ask and watch as they all look at me, expressions beginning to change before I am quickly able to defend myself seeing as everyone was on the one side while I was on the other, "You see, we don't have a band or anyone who uses the room and let's not forget that it's soundproof so if we play too loudly, nobody will hear. Come on guys, what do you say?"'

Hoseok smiles at me, immediately agreeing without question; Jackson the same moments later.

Seokjin frowns, "We'll need permission."

"We can ask our music teacher," I reply.

"I'm in," Jungkook says with a bunny-tooth grin and I have to fight off the urge to blush as we all turn to Seokjin who mumbles the most practical things before he finally notices us staring with our own version of the puppy-dog eyes.

When he sighs, we all cheer.

No matter how hard he tried, Seokjin could never say no to us.

"Very well. We can ask her once she's spoken to us," he says and we all nod before we go back to the discussion of the project and the song.

"I still want to hear you sing!" Hoseok exclaims as he points at me.

"No you don't," I say.

"Yes I do," he says and two voices echo him as they say, "Yes he does!"

I turn my head and glare at Jungkook and Jackson who raise their hands up to feign innocence; their cheeky smiles are what give them away and my glare hardens.

We're interrupted as the bell rings and the teacher approaches.

"So, I've thought about it and the principle discussed having an assembly during our music period."

We think she's disappointed until she smiles.

"How would you like to perform in front of the entire school for your project?"

Everyone shares a look; we're most likely sharing thoughts too, but nobody dwells on it as we all grin widely and exclaim, "Yes!"

We're actually going to do it.

***

Mark and I are walking in front of the boys much to my dissatisfaction.

Usually when I needed to do this, I was able to shake them off but for some reason, they all wanted to walk me home today of all days.

I didn't mind Mark tagging along because he already knew.

The rest of them didn't.

"So guys, I came up with a new joke," Seokjin says and while everyone else groans, I have to suppress it and mentally prepare myself for this.

"What is it this time?"

Seokjin clears his throat in an oddly manner before he starts off, "What did the one pen say to the other?"

None of us could think of something.

"You're incredible," he replies before letting out a wheeze like laugh that often reminded me that he was human too. There were often times that I forgot because I always thought of them as these perfect people but it was the small things that reminded me.

It wasn't the joke that had everyone, it was his laugh and it was very beautiful.

When we started sobering up, it was Namjoon who noted that we weren't where we should have been.

"Jams, where are we going?" he asks and I end up with seven sets of eyes staring at me.

I gulp, but don't respond as I enter the gates ahead of Mark who keeps the boys outside. When I walk through the front doors, I smile at the woman at the counter who grinned up at me and held up a brown package.

"It's all in here?"

"Every single one of them, darling. How are you? You doing alright?" she asks in her New Jersey accent.

I nod and smile, "Much better and thank you again!"

"Anything for you. See you in a month's time, sweet pea!" she exclaims as I exit through the doors again. It was never a long process; I just entered, received my medication and left for an entire year. In the New Year, I would be given a check-up and they would give me new prescriptions.

As I close the gate, the packet's ripped from my hands and I turn to see Jimin and Yoongi assisting each other as they peek in and pull out its contents.

They all stand wide-eyed as they look at each of the containers or packages and what they're for.

"Read it out," I shrug, not willing to look any of them in the eyes. I wanted to tell them before they found out like this. I just kept pushing it further and further ahead.

"Anxiety," Yoongi reads the one he's holding.

"Insomnia," Jimin goes next.

"Antidepressants," Taehyung reads over Namjoon and Jin's shoulder.

"Pain and nausea," Jin and Namjoon read.

I nod. Those were it.

"But you seem so happy," Taehyung pouts and I look at him, not quite knowing what to say as I did. You couldn't really judge on outer appearances after all. Someone could seem so calm and happy on the outside but they could be a complete disaster on the inside.

I look to Mark who smiles encouragingly; he assured me their reaction wouldn't be life threatening and I guess he was right, but let's not tell him that. He'll grow an ego.

I realize that this whole time, Jungkook hasn't said a word and when I turn to look at him, I'm pulled into a tight embrace and I hear his soft voice in my ears that has me blinking away my tears and gulping down the lump in my throat.

"I'm sorry for not being here."