26: Jamie's House

Rollercoaster of a Life time

My palms had grown sweaty as I clenched and unclenched my fists shakily.

I wasn't looking forward to this at all.

It was hours after school and nearing the time that the boys would be coming around for us to start the project.

Seokjin told me that he did inform Jungkook but he couldn't be too sure on whether the other would be coming or not.

I've been pacing the room for about half an hour or maybe a little less.

It wasn't that I was nervous really. I just had this feeling that something was going to go wrong and unfortunately, I could not be precise about what it was.

I was sure though for some reason and I supposed it was because the feeling wasn't like any other I've had before; it was strong.

I'm so caught up in my mind that I don't notice when the bell rings and I end up jumping out of fright.

A sigh escapes my lips.

I take a deep breath in, release it and will myself all the way out of my room, down the stairs and to the front door where I opened it to see someone I really wasn't expecting.

Jungkook stood in the doorway with a bored expression however his eyes hinted at relief (for what though, I shall never know).

"Jungkook..." I trail off in surprise, my voice practically coming out a whisper.

His eyes find me and they're soon turning into little slits, crinkles forming in the corners as he smiles at me and I promise you my heart skipped a beat because it's been days since last he smiled at me.

I never realized how much I missed it until now.

I never knew how much it meant to me until now.

"Hey, Jamie," he greets in his normal soft tone that had my mind raging because of how different he was here than at school.

School.

The place he had a girlfriend.

My eyes widen as I recall her threat to me and slowly, my mind starts putting the puzzle pieces together. My heart buzzed as if in pain but I chose to ignore it and instead settled on pushing the door open a little bit wider to allow the taller in.

As he enters, I notice that he's wearing a short sleeve and his hair was growing more and more; it was almost in his eyes at this point.

"Are the others coming?" I hear him ask and I shrug.

My eyes shift from him to the clock on the top of the wall and I see that it's half an hour later than the time we had all agreed to meet.

"They haven't said anything," I explain.

Jungkook turns from where he stood near the kitchen doors and he looks at me.

Now when I say he looks at me, I don't mean he checks me out, no. I mean he really looks at me. In fact, it's almost as if he were seeing me for the first time in his entire life. I feel a shiver through my body as he continues to look and it feels like he's looking into me; into my soul.

However, soon our moment is shattered as it's interrupted by the sound of knocking at the door.

I let out another sigh, especially when Jungkook suddenly looks away.

And we were just getting somewhereI think to myself as I turn away and open the door.

Another person that has me internally screaming.

Jackson stands in all his damn glory that has me literally wincing as I stare at him. His brown eyes have that little glint in them just like back when we were together and I have to push away the memories and force a smile as I greet him as clearly as possible before opening the door further to allow him in.

Jackson immediately goes over to Jungkook, grinning as he hugs the other.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and pats his head and I find myself confused.

I've never seen them interact before so why were they know? I try and wrap my head around it but I find it impossible and I can feel an on coming headache.

"Kookiejar!" He exclaims and Jungkook shushes him harshly.

"You two know each other?" I ask in confusion and earn both gazes on me. Jungkook nods and Jackson decides to explain, "We're in the same dance class. Kookiejar is super amazing, really! You should see him!"

But my mind hasn't gotten past the same dance class.

"You dance?" I ask.

Jungkook's eyes meet mine and a glint of amusement grows as he stares at me. I don't know what was so amusing but I'm glad I could make him feel the least bit happy.

"I do," he replies and looks over at Jackson, "Could you let me go now hyung?" He asks to which Jackson does exactly that.

"So the others?" Jackson turns to me.

Again, as I look at him, I have this off feeling but easily push it away this time as I shrug, "They haven't-"

I'm interrupted at two ring tones going off.

Jungkook answers the one and Jackson the other.

I watch as they nod and hum to whatever the person on the other side was saying.

Jungkook hangs up first and looks at me, seeing that Jackson is on the phone and not wanting to be rude, he mouths: they can't make it, Jams. They said sorry.

I nod. I'm just glad I'm not alone with Jackson.

I was afraid of what could happen.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Goodbye dad," Jackson says into the phone before hanging up before he smiles apologetically to us before he nods as if to say that he's ready.

As he does this, I lead them to the living room where in the far corner was a piano that we often left as is. It was a gorgeous brown that had covered up dust over the years.

"Have you come up with a song?" Jackson asks me and I nod.

"You compose?" Jungkook asks, surprise evident in his voice and I cannot help but giggle and nod.

"Do either of you play piano?" I ask as I sit on one of the extra chairs near the piano.

The music sheets were messily placed on the stand and I could tell that my hand writing for it wasn't the best but for the first time actually writing the scales out along with the lyrics, I would like to believe it was good.

"Is this-?" Jungkook tries to ask and I nod, "A duet."

He nods and I watch the two as they each take a seat at the piano.

Jungkook decides to sit at the piano and he looks at the sheet before he starts playing. Jackson looks at me as if to ask if I was sure about this to which I only nodded.

We'd never sang together before.

It was always a dream and it always stayed a dream. Right now, I didn't know if it was still a dream or if it was now a fear of mine.

When I heard the key, my response was automatic as my lips parted and I started singing.

"I wrote a letter
To the moon one day
It isn't brighter than you but
I lit a small candle

The nameless bird that sings 
In the park at dawn
Where are you
Oh you

Why are you crying
It's only me and you here
Me and you
Oh you

Your singing voice
That follows deep into the night, 
Brings the scarlet morning
One step, then another step

Dawn passes by and
When that moon falls asleep,
Then the blue light that was with me
Disappears..."

My eyes meet Jackson as his voice continues with mine before we both fade and trail off.

Jungkook takes this as a sign to stop playing and he turns to us with a grin.

His beautiful bunny-tooth grin was back and I would be lying if I said it didn't warm my heart.

"This is going to be awesome!" He exclaims

When Jackson and I look at each other again, I smile because I really believe that it would be.

It was going to be amazing.

Maybe even fun.