32: Find Me, Catch Me

Rollercoaster of a Life time

Jungkook's P.O.V

I was headed to the rest of them late during the evening. It was going on for half past eleven but Jimin had insisted that he needed us.

I supposed it was to do with Yoongi who I'd heard over the phone groaning softly.

Judging by the groan, I figured his injuries weren't as bad as that week he didn't come to school. Jamie had been so worried and he still didn't tell her about his living conditions.

I tried telling him before that she really deserved to know especially as she was his half sister, but he ignored me.

As I walked, nearing the familiar house, my phone blasted out the familiar tune of 2U by David Guetta ft Justin Bieber (who I was a total fanboy for, I'm not going to lie) which I'd set as my ringtone just hours after listening to it on repeat.

Pulling out my phone, I frown at the contact name because Jamie never phoned me, ever.

We barely even texted so of course it would make sense for me to be this shocked right?

Clearing my throat, I swipe across the screen as I answer the phone, "Hey, Jams, what's with the sudden call-" I start, but am immediately cut off by a voice I knew didn't belong to Jamie, but was still familiar to my ears and pretty soon, it clicked inside my head.

"Jungkook," the voice greets coldly and I sigh.

He still refused to be nice to me or the rest of the group with the exception of Seokjin which was usually the case when meeting the group. Seokjin just happened to be the parent of the group and he even gave off that kind of impression at first glance and I guess that's why everyone tended to warm up to him first.

"Mark hyung, why do you have Jamie's phone?" I ask and for a moment, I think he's hung up or maybe the line disconnected because there's the familiar sound of silent buzzing.

Just as I'm about to hang up, he answers, "I found it. Look, just get here as soon as possible and I'll explain everything," he says and I want to ask where here was but in that moment of silence, a car pulled up; a familiar sleek back Toyota that has me squinting in an attempt to see through the tinted windows.

One rolls down and Namjoon is yelling for me to hurry up and get the hell in.

"I hear they've got you. See you soon," Mark says into my right ear while Namjoon is screaming into my left.

I'm rushing to the car and hopping in beside Taehyung who closed the door while I struggled to put my phone away. The car is silent after the bang of the door and I'm struggling to deal with it because in the time span of thirty minutes, I've been through three silences alone and I really wasn't up for it.

Silences made me worry; it always meant something bad happened or is going to happen.

For instance, the other day, Evelyn approached me and she didn't say anything for at least twenty minutes before the words left ; before she officially dumped me.

Silence equalled bad.

Finally growing irritated with it, my tongue glides along the inside of my mouth (a habit I have when I'm annoyed) before I my lips and clear my throat which causes everyone to startle for whatever reason.

"What's going on?"

Nobody responds and I can feel myself about to blow but Taehyung sees it too and that's why he's got his hand on my shoulder as he tries and just barely succeeds in calming me down.

"Answer me," I say in one of the harshest (or apparently scariest) tones I knew I was able to muster up.

The tone makes Jimin turn in his seat and bite his lips before deciding to speak, "We don't know either, Kookie. Mark just phoned each of us and Namjoon and Seokjin called saying they were picking us up and then we had to find you."

I nod and sigh.

Another silence that Taehyung decides to fill this time, his deep voice filling the silence as he asks, "Do you think she's okay?"

This time, we all decide to keep quiet.

We couldn't make promises without knowing what happened.

We couldn't make promises we couldn't keep.

***

We're in front of a house that looked like utter crap from the outside considering all the red plastic cups on the front yard, toilet paper on the grass and roof, the occasional person on the front yard as well as in front of the door.

"He said here?"

"Do we have to go in?" Jimin asks, pouting. He hasn't been in the partying mood lately.

"No, he said he would meet us outside," Seokjin replies quickly with a frown.

"Well, what's he wearing?" Taehyung asks, leaning over the two front sees as he looks through the front window but only for a few moments before Seokjin scolded him saying that he would end up breaking something the way Namjoon did.

"There," Yoongi says as he points to a thin figure in ripped denim jeans, ripped denim jacket and a plain black sweater beneath that made him stand out somehow.

His eyes scanned the area before he found what he was looking for and slowly approached us.

His expression was unreadable and you could tell by the vein popping out at the temple that he was annoyed.

He stops feet away from the car and looks at us.

We wait patiently, unsure of what he was like when he was extremely annoyed (we barely knew him and yet we trusted him. Was that even possible?)

He looks like his thinking and we're all watching as his hand tightens its grip on Jamie's phone.

"Jamie got invited to Jackson's party," he starts to explain, "And she asked me to come with. However, when we got to the front door, they let her in with ease but I had to argue my way in. I stood out here for thirty minutes before they let me pass."

"Tough-"

"Shh!" everyone shushes Jimin who tried to crack a joke.

"Proceed," Seokjin urges Mark who merely nods and his eyes are darker than usual; he's glaring but at nothing in particular.

"When they let me in, I looked around the whole house but I couldn't find her. I went up to the bar and asked the guy there but he said he'd just started his shift and that's when I found her phone."

We're all frozen, nobody knowing quite what to say.

Yoongi was the most peeved than the rest of us and Taehyung kept patting my shoulder to keep me calm.

When everyone doesn't say anything, Mark adds, "There was a message... It was taped to the phone."

"What did it say?" Yoongi and myself chorus, the both of us shoving ourselves forward as if it would help us to see the note that Mark now held up.

To prevent any fighting, Seokjin volunteered himself to read it out.

"Find me, catch me. You know who I am."

All I see is red.

Of course it was him.

Why the hell did we even trust him?

I grab for my hair and start pulling at it. Taehyung immediately springs to the door and forces it open before ushering me out while the rest of them stared.

He leads me out and to stand behind the car and out of their view; the car's back window had a cover on. Taehyung straightens after he urges me to face him and he spreads his arms out as if to make a cross before he says, "Release your anger."

Instead of doing this, I scoff and shake my head, "I'm not going to hit you."

"Just do it!"

"No!"

"Jungkook!"

"Taehyung!"

He grabs my arms, effectively annoyed that I wasn't listening, but what he does next surprises me to every blood cell in my body as he wraps his arms around me and hugs me.

"Tae..." I trail off in a mumble.

I sigh and close my eyes, resting my head against him and letting myself cool down.

It takes a few moments, but when I am, he knows before I do and takes hold of my arm where he guides me to the rest of the boys.

Each of us stands there in silence.

"What will we do?" Hoseok asks with his voice barely above a whisper and again, nobody answers but it's not as frustrating as it was moments ago.

"We'll do what he said," I reply. They look confused and I force a smile, but it's as bitter as I was feeling.

"We'll find him and we'll catch him."