Epilogue 1: First Dates

Rollercoaster of a Life time

Tugging nervously at her cardigan, Jamie wonders if her appearance is appropriate or not.

No matter how many times she glances at herself in the mirror, she never quite felt confident in what she wore. Yes, she had asked for assistance from Tazneen and Kira, but that didn't mean she was happy with their choices.

She appreciated the effort, but at the end of the day, they both had completely different tastes to what she herself had.

Where Jamie preferred her skinny jeans and oversized sweatshirts, Tazneen preferred loose, baggier clothing and Kira preferred her dress, skirts, shirts and high heels. She wasn't as girly as she dressed because she was totally into action movies, cars and actually watched soccer for the purpose of the game rather than the young, hot players.

"James?" she hears a familiar voice from outside her room door and she smiles.

"Coming," she replies, grabbing her purse and opening the door to exit her bedroom. Before she could step a foot outside, however, the purse was grabbed from her hands and Mark offered his most charming smile.

"I apologise but I've been given specific instructions."

"Specific instructions?" she asks curiously, tilting her head to the side as she bites her lip and waits for him to reply.

"You are not permitted to leave with a purse under any circumstances because you, being Jamie, would try and persuade him to let you pay instead of him paying for the both of you," he explains with a soft, innocent smile as he finishes off, "So yes, very specific. Shall we go?"

Jamie lets out a long sigh that makes Mark smile because they both know that she really won't win this one as much as she would like to and so, she gives in.

"Yes, we shall," she fakes a high-pitched, snobby tone that has Mark laughing as he lead her like a butler would.

"You know, Angelpie, I really missed you," he says softly, head turning to look at her, his messy blonde hair falling into his eyes the way it always did when he got too lazy to cut it (or when he grew too attached, not that he would ever admit to it).

"I missed you too, Markie," Jamie whispers as a soft smile graces her lips, "How's Minah, Mark?" she adds after a while and this time, his smile becomes a full blown grin as she mentions his girlfriend of three years' name. As shy as he was, Mark truly did love her and would make sure she knew that. Jamie even recalled the time he'd panicked in the store because he couldn't remember her favorite flower due to all the pressure he'd put himself under.

Minah was a beautiful raven-haired girl with tanned skin and a personality Mark always described as the best. 

When it came to her, not even the dictionary could help the poor boy.

"She's alright. She's in America with her uncle because he got sick and there was nobody to look after him. She might have to move there so-"

Jamie doesn't allow him to continue as she hugs him tightly, "I'll miss you but you better phone. Look after that girl, alright because she is the best thing that could ever have happened to you and I swear to-"

Mark's soft chuckle stops her from continuing as he hugs her back, "I know, I know. She said you would say that."

She really missed Minah. She'd met her not too long after the two started dating and they hit it off instantly. She was the only girl friend that Jamie befriended and Mark would feel left out when the two went out shopping together and he wasn't allowed.

As we both pull away, Jamie comes to find herself being dragged away by another male; it was Taehyung, Hoseok slipping his arm through her free one.

"Let's go," they both chorus and drag her along.

Jamie can't help but smile. Of course her boyfriend would go all out for their first date. Well, if he isn't the cutest.

***

Jamie isn't even surprised when she gets blindfolded the moment she's seated in the car and they've only removed it when outside the building.

It was a beautiful coffee shop- the fancy ones that she's always mentioned wanting to go to but never having the money for it. Outside the doors of 1Verse Cafe stands the one and only Jeon Jungkook in a suit and carrying a bouquet of lillies and roses; an odd combination and yet her all time favorites.

"M'Lady," Jungkook whispers softly as his left hand gently brushes the tip of her wrist before finding its way to her elbow as he guides her through the doors.

A waiter proceeds to guide the two to a secluded table and as she takes her seat and glances up, she's met with the crinkle eyed, nervous grinning boy who had put a lot of effort into this date.

"I love this, Jeon Jungkook," she whispers softly and watches the nervousness disappear as it's replaced with his bunny toothed smile.

"I like you, Jamie Samuels."

"And I, you."

This would be a great first date, she could just tell.