04: A stranger wanting Jams

Rollercoaster of a Life time

The next morning I found myself dressing in a hurry after my grandmother woke me up, explaining that I'd slept through my alarm at least five times until it finally got to her.

Feeling guilty, I'd made her an extra breakfast as an apology. Then again, I always made her breakfast so there wasn't much of a difference, I suppose. I just put a little bit more effort into it than usual since I really did feel bad.

Ever since the hospital had said that my grandmother got incredibly ill incredibly fast and would need a lot of rest, I usually tried to wake up before the alarm as not to wake her.

A small sigh escaped my lips as I looked out of the window and noticed the random pouring rain.

Spring will forever have unexpected things waiting, won't it?

As I grabbed a breakfast bar, I peeked around the corner to check whether my grandmother was there and upon noticing her, a smile proceeded to grace my lips as I called out to her.\

Once I finally caught her attention, I decided to speak.

"It's pouring heaven and hell out there so I'm going to take the bus, okay grandma? If it's clearer this afternoon, I may take a walk back down."

Her warm eyes finally settled on me, her face turning upside down into a deep frown as she assessed me and I couldn't be sure why, but somehow I felt like it was to do with the fact that I was taking a moving vehicle to school willingly.

And I was proven correct as she asked, "You're going with a bus? But I thought-"

"Any transport besides cars, grandma. I'll see you this afternoon."

Before my grandmother could say another word or protest, I was out of the house and closing the door behind me before I dashed in the direction of the bus. I'd honestly hoped I'd get there before I ended up dripping, but as I got on the bus and handed the money over before making my way down the aisle and taking a random empty seat, I was soaked from the rain.

"I must be some sort of damn magnet to you because somehow, you always find me," the familiar voice of none other than ice-king Suga.

Not quite in the mood, I simply looked away, biting hard on my lip as I felt my lips begin to quiver and my body begin to shake from the cold.

"Don't you have an umbrella?"

I shook my head. I could feel the restriction and tightness in my throat and I knew I had forgotten to take my medication. I was tempted to run back, but thought against it when I noticed the amount of people on the bus waiting rather impatiently to get off.

"What about rain jacket?"

Once again, I shook my head.

"Useless," he muttered, rolling his eyes before turning so that he was looking out of the window. When I glanced at him, I noted the earphones and I couldn't help but realize that whenever I saw him (even that day in the corridor and in class), his earphones were always in sight.

Shaking my head, unsure why I kept looking at him, I forced my eyes somewhere else.

At some point, I had zoned out and found myself being pulled out of said zone at someone nudging me in my side.

The last given nudge caused me to hunch ever so slightly before my gaze met the upset and irritated Suga.

"Can you please get up? The bus has stopped."

And sure enough, as I looked out of the window, could see the school and a slight drizzle instead of the harsh rain that had occurred when I'd first gotten onto the bus.

"Get up already!" Suga's voice snapped, causing me to flinch before I stood quickly, awkwardly shuffling out from my seat and down the aisle. When I passed the driver, he gave me a small, sympathetic smile before he looked away.

"Have a good day at school."

I wish.

* * *

Unfortunately, I was one of the people who needed to go to a place more than once before I could remember where to go so I'd asked a few people where I needed to go to be at my next class for the first few periods. And I could not help but think that I was quite lucky that each student I had asked hadn't purposely sent me to the wrong class or even cussed at me telling me not to bother them; no, I'd asked just the right people.

However, by break, my luck had run out as I rushed out into an already empty corridor.

Letting out a soft cuss, I kicked the nearest thing which ended up being the wall (thankfully not another person like the last time).

Hopping around on my uninjured foot, I clutched the foot I hurt in my hands in hopes of making the pain go away. Not aware of my surroundings, I continued to hop around. And as of course, as luck would have it, I ended up bumping into something and falling onto the floor in a heap.

Trying and failing to get up, I bit my lip as a groan of pain escaped them.

"O- Oh, excuse me!" a voice exclaimed from behind, earning my full on attention and making me turn my head in said person's direction.

And my gosh, this boy was absolutely beautiful. He was the cutest thing I had ever seen!

I inwardly groaned once I realized this was like fourth beautiful person I was meeting. Like, seriously, what was up with that?

He grinned at me as if offering it in apology.

When he tilted his head, my gaze fell onto the hand being held out in my general direction to help me up. Gently taking it, my first thought was, 'At least this one was nice'.

As he pulled me up, his blonde hair fell into his eyes and he smiled sheepishly.

"S- Sorry, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was hopping."

"Yeah, I meant to ask, did you hurt yourself?" he asked, looking at me, head still tilted and his grin turning into a soft smile and I could have sworn there was concern in his eyes, but I brushed the thought away when I realized that it wasn't possible. Who would be concerned about my wellbeing?

I nodded slightly once I realized I hadn't answered before speaking, "Kind of, yeah. I was looking for the cafeteria. I forgot where it was."

At these words, I watched his eyes widen in realization as he clicked his fingers, "You're the new girl."

I couldn't help it when my mind began to wander as I noticed the way be emphasized the word 'new'. It brought back unnecessary and unwelcomed memories from the past and I didn't know I'd been shaking until the new stranger called out, "Are you okay?"

Looking over at him, I managed a smile and nodded.

"Should I show you to the cafeteria?" he asked, smiling.

My eyes shifted to the left side of his jacket where the name Jimin was found on the familiar badge I've been seeing for quite a few times.

Looking at the time, I shook my head and adjusted my glasses.

"Oh, the time. Right, dang it. I have to get to history now."

My ears perked up and I looked at him with wide eyes as I asked, "History? Could you-?"

Looking at me, he grinned and chuckled as he nodded, "Sure, I can take you. It's not far from here if you want to go now."

When I nodded, a mischievous smirk replaced his adorable smile and suddenly is beautifulness just seemed to increase as the dangerous words that brought back even more unwanted memories escaped his lips, "I have one condition."

And I was about to decline, but then I was reminded Jimin wasn't him. He was someone different so maybe he wasn't as bad.

"Sure."

"Please say that I have jams."

I looked at him blankly as I processed the words escaping his lips before confusion took over and a loud and confused, "What?" left my mouth.

He grinned as he repeated himself, "Say that I've got jams."

This guy was most definitely weird. He was a stranger who wanted jams; you could not get anybody weirder than that.

However, shrugging it off, I was about to do as he asked when I was interrupted by a familiar voice, "Don't do it!"

Looking behind me, I was met with the beautiful nostril-ed stranger and my neighbour from the previous day approaching the two of us. He was carrying the same bag as the day before except that for today, he was dressed in his uniform, his hair still messy as though he had just woken up, but beautiful nonetheless.

"Oh, hey! It's you!" he said upon closer inspection before turning to his friend.

"You can't ask strangers to admit you have jams. Now come on, we'll be late for History."

"She's going with us. She doesn't know how to get there."

The dancer, J-Hope suddenly broke into a grin and placed his arms around the two just as the bell rang and he ushered the two of us to History, speaking so passionately to his friend about his dance practice and every now and then looking at me to explain terms that were foreign.

I couldn't help feeling more comfortable around the two of them than I did around Emily and Rebecca.

They treat me better. They actually try and include me.