Epilogue 4: Her little secret

Rollercoaster of a Life time

Jimin decided to take his little sister, Teara out for ice-cream as the last time he promised, he'd had to cancel.

It was cold outside but the weather didn't matter.

Ice-cream was ice-cream. They refused to drink something warm despite the amount of times their mother tried to get them to stay inside.

She could be a bit much at times and this was one of their few escapes.

The two walked side by side, trying to overtake each other without doing any harm.

It was like a game.

"Oh, could we walk through the park? It'll be quicker!" Teara suggests eagerly and Jimin smiles before nodding and replying, "Sure."

So the two detour from the original path, speaking animatedly and laughing all the while.

As they're walking, they both hear the soft sound of sobbing. 

Usually, Jimin would advise his sister not to approach crying strangers in the odds that you would make matters worse, but as the small frame of the person comes into view, Jimin's entire body freezes when he realizes that he's looking at his girlfriend.

Rebecca had her head in her arms which were rested against her knees, her long brown and purple streaked her falling like a blanket around her.

She didn't even have a jacket and yet her goosebumps were visible from this distance.

"Teara," Jimin starts but doesn't finish as the younger girl pushes her brother forward. It had become more and more obvious over the months that she hated his girlfriend with a passion, but even so, she needed comfort. Teara couldn't stand to watch others cry.

Nodding at her, Jimin walks over to Rebecca, taking a seat beside her and simply sitting in the silence.

Moments later, when Rebecca had finally registered that someone was there and was about to get up and leave, she's pulled into a gentle, warming embrace that should have felt overly familiar however only felt just about familiar.

As her nose takes in the scent, her cheeks tinge red as she realizes who it is.

The scent was that of lotion, sweat and pineapples. A beautifully odd combination that she would never admit always calmed her down.

His hand was behind her head before she could process and soon she found herself tucked into him. Her head was rested in the crook of his neck as he her back gently, rubbing soothing circular motions and squeezing her tightly every now and again.

When her body finally stopped shaking and her tears slowed, Jimin dared to speak.

"Rebecca?" he whispers softly, fingertips brushing against her chin as he tried to get her to look up. However, it wasn't as easy and he realized it was due to the fact that she was fighting against him.

"Becca," he whispers softly into her ear, startled when she exclaims, "Don't call me that!"

He's only ever heard those words from her once before and somehow, it makes him realize what he needs to do. 

In a flash, he scoops her up into his arms, holding her tightly to his chest to assure he wouldn't drop her and he turns to face his sister, seeing her at an ice-cream. When she sees him looking, she smiles and assures him to go before gesturing to some of her own friends not too far away.

He nods in understanding, his cheeky smile on display before he starts walking in the direction of his home which luckily wasn't too far.

Relief washed over him like a river when he sees that his mother's car was gone.

Taking her up the steps, the only struggled occurred when he needed to open the door, but eventually succeeding, he rushes her into the warmth of the house, closing the door behind them before taking her inside.

He delicately lays her on the couch before disappearing to retrieve some blankets that he wraps around her moments later after returning.

Through the silence, he can hear her soft sniffles but he knows to give her time.

So he stays behind her, rubbing her back soothingly and whispering reassuring It's okays.

The silence continues to lengthen but Jimin doesn't mind. He's missed her and although they were completely different, he loved her. He was just really happy to be able to support her for once. It was the first time he's ever seen her cry.

He needed to be there for her.

When he's sure that she's finished crying, he eases her head up before placing a gentle kiss against her forehead.

Opening his eyes and leaning back to look at her, his eyes widen at the sight of her bruising and swollen cheek. Her temple had a trickle of blood that Jimin easily wiped away with his thumb. He leans forward, placing both hands on either side of  her neck as they cupped her cheeks, he whispers, "Who did this to you, my love?"

Her lips part, teary eyes widening in surprise at the nickname.

But she supposes she should admit who it was.

Her words come out a stuttered mess as she replies, "My father."

Jimin takes these words in and all the events roll through his head, this simple reply answering every single one of his questions that either went unasked or unanswered.

He lowers his head to look down at her, his hands fiddling with the loop earring in her left ear, voice delicate and gentle as he speaks again, asking, "Does he always do this to you?" and it pains him to watch her nod as she curls into his hold.

Rebecca was a strong and beautiful girl. She never cried and never showed when she was hurt so for her to react in this manner; for her to silently plead his help was so different.

He shifts to move and hold her better and ends up being held tightly as the girl he loved, the girl with this not so little secret whispered the words he never, ever, ever expected to hear come from .

"Please stay with me," she says between hiccups, relaxing slowly against him when he replies, "Always and forever, my love."