27: Goodnight

Rollercoaster of a Life time

After we established (with a video call to Hoseok and Seokjin) who would be playing what and who would be singing where, the two boys decided to laze around until a certain time.

Seated on the couch, Jackson begged to watch anything but a horror whereas I begged to watch one.

I may have gotten scared for a lot of things, but I absolutely adored horror movies. They were one of my favorite genres in the world. I was still waiting for one that would actually scare me.

So currently, Jackson and I were pressurizing Jungkook, the only person who was capable of a tie breaker.

"Jungkook, come on, it's not even that scary!"

"Kookiejar, don't do it! She's not human! Don't listen to her!" Jackson countered. I gave him a flat look at his reply to which he simply shrugged as he mouthed: it's true.

I roll my eyes and simply shake my head before looking at Jungkook again as we patiently (Lies! We were so not patient with him. I actually felt bad) awaited his response.

Jungkook looks at us unsurely.

"Can't we just watch a Marvel movie?"

My eyes light up and so does Jackson's but we immediately exclaim opposite answers.

"We just watched one!" I yell and Jackson scoffs as he yells, "How about a musical instead?"

I was growing annoyed and I think it was obvious as the two continuously moved back slowly, distancing themselves in case I blew a gasket.

My eyes land on the remote which lie unguarded and a grin spreads to my face.

Jackson followed my gaze, but he was already too late.

I have the remote in my hand and I exclaim a hah! of victory as I raise the remote up and down as if I were holding a trophy.

I end up tackled seconds later by none other than sword master (yes, he actually did fencing back in his home town before he moved here) Jackson who is soon grinning as he basks in his own victory.

"Hey, that's unfair!" I yell to which he narrows his eyes and tilts his head as he asks, "Is it really though?"

I nod my head vigorously but I'm ignored.

As he continues to sit on me and gloat, the remote is taken from his grasp and Jungkook's voice is heard as he says, "Yeah, I could watch a horror movie right now."

Jackson whines loudly, getting off from me and jumping up and down like a child who wasn't getting their way (which he was).

"Kookiejar!"

"Nope, sorry Jacky. We're watching a horror movie," Jungkook pats the elder's hair, "It'll be okay."

Jackson whines even more of that and I end up smiling as I announce that I'll be making popcorn.

Jackson won't even look at me, but I don't pay that any mind as I exit the room and walk to the kitchen where I make the popcorn.

****

Jungkook and I were staring at the screen while Jackson had his face hidden against my shoulder.

It was nearing the end and I had laughed a few times each time something happened that caused Jackson to let out a high pitched scream.

When the movie was over, Jackson was the first one off the couch and inside.

Jungkook and I shared a look before we got up and followed him.

Walking across the floors, we had to be careful in case we ended up stepping on popcorn (which I would now have to clean up no thanks to Jackson).

"Jacky?" Jungkook calls out, peeking his head into the kitchen where we'd seen the other run into.

However, there was no sign of him.

"Do you think a monster ate him?" I ask. Instead of a reply, however, I'm met with Jungkook's laugh as he looks at me and shakes his head, "You really do have quite an imagination, don't you Jams?"

I lift my chin and smile up proudly because I thought so too.

The sound of soft crashing comes from somewhere in the kitchen and I turn to see that about three or four cups have fallen onto the floor and broken.

"Jackson~!" I yell, not at all happy with the sight. It just meant I had more to clean up now.

We have yet to hear a reply and so Jungkook and I rock-paper-scissors to see who would go in. Have I ever told you I'm a master at the game?

Jungkook looks at me with a pout before he shrugs it off and enters.

I swear, I looked away for one second and when I looked back, he was gone too.

I could feel the panic rise within me because what if it really was monsters that had eaten them and it was waiting for the final meal? What if aliens abducted them or if there were actually ghosts in the house and they're being held hostage?

Shivers run down my spine and I have to shut my eyes and count to ten before I allow myself to enter the kitchen.

"J- Jungkook? J- Jackson?" I stutter out, not at all meaning to.

I receive no answer (not that I was expecting one. I really just expected to be snatched and screaming my head off by the time I set foot in the kitchen).

Walking in further, I lean over the kitchen island and reach for a knife.

As I grip it, I let out an ear piercing shriek as a hand touches my shoulder. I turn and immediately attempt to slash at the person with the knife, but my eyes are closed and my aim .

A hand encircles my wrists and keeps them apart and a calming voice is whispering in my ear, "It's okay, it's just me."

"K- Kook..." I trail off, the knife dropping to the ground and my body giving in.

Jungkook hugs me tightly, my hair and assuring me it's okay.

"I n- nearly stabbed you! How is it o- okay?!" I cry out which makes him tighten his grip on me.

"Your aim too much for you to have hurt me," he jokes and effectively makes me laugh just a little bit.

"Sorry, Jams," I hear Jackson say from behind me.

It's been a while.

He would always do this after horror movies even if he was the one who got scared the most, he always got back at me and I guess it slipped my mind until now.

"Why did you do that?" Jungkook asks him bitterly, not stopping the of my hair.

"I don't know. Bringing back some of the past I guess," he replies to the younger softly.

Nobody says anything after this.

Jungkook is focused on calming me down and I can feel daggering glares against my back. Jackson was always the jealous type.

But so was Jungkook.

"We should get going now," Jungkook whispers and I nod.

Jackson mumbles from behind, "Bye Jams," and he walks past without a word.

Minutes later, the front door slams shut and I flinch.

Jungkook decides that he isn't going to leave just yet and instead he walks me up to my room, supporting me carefully and not saying a word.

"Excuse the mess," I manage to say just as the door opens.

He helps me inside and I go straight for my bed. Jungkook looks at me unsurely before he takes a seat on the edge of the bed and looks around before asking, "What mess?"

"There's a mess," I counter quickly, now under the blankets and eyes half closed.

He only shakes his head, clearly disagreeing with me not that I cared.

I knew where the mess was because it was my room. It made sense that he couldn't see it.

He's still observing my room with its plain white walls and the random pictures stuck up and spread out by dream catchers and fairy lights.

"Hey, who's this?" He asks me, pointing to a picture of me, Jackson and our friend.

The boy who helped me.

"One of my best friends," I reply, keeping it present tense.

Jungkook just nods.

As I'm dozing off and my eyes are closing, the blankets are pulled up to my chin and I'm tucked in carefully before a light kiss is placed against my forehead and I hear his last few words before sleep took over me.

If I were awake, I'd be screaming and my heart would be pounding.

"Goodnight, Jamie."